Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

pathetic little tramp posted:

Why are all republican plans tied up in a shitload of government red tape and bizarre runaround tax breaks?

Okay hm, we want nationwide family leave, let's A) make a new tax credit that you have to fill out form 8846 to receive 9 months after you used the leave, B) Create a set of regulations that a business has to follow and fill out forms for in order to give you watered down family leave and receive a subsidy from the government or C) LOL another account to keep track of

Ivanka's plan is actually easier:

Converting unemployment insurance to cover poo poo like maternity leave is actually a good idea (as long as we raise motherfucking taxes), but it of course provides no protection for those workers in low income jobs who will straight up get fired from their job even though they'll get paid for those few weeks

Any time you have to jump through hoops to get money there is someone behind the scheme counting on you being too lazy.

e: You know who's not lazy? Ed Balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wait a minute, I thought the index finger to the thumb thing was definitely not an alt right sign? So when does something that is constantly done by the alt right, even little alt right middle school turds, but is supposed to not be a thing become that thing? How many times does that thing have to be done to become the thing it is not supposed to be?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theflyingexecutive posted:

aside from labs, there's a direct correlation between attendance policy and worthlessness of the class

and frequently also the degree to which the instructor's ego is easily bruised!

through undergrad and grad school both have yet to find a person who voluntarily has attendance/participation rules not mandated by the department who was not a complete shithead as a person

i really got to see it in grad school where i'd occasionally get stuck helping the non-tenure-track adjunct faculty and be treated to e/n-retail-thread-levels of puerile bullshit about how frustrated they are with idiot kids (read: people like 2–4 years younger than them) not taking them seriously and how they sure are gonna show those smug little shits by docking them points! :jerkbag:

as a non-trad in my 30s this was pretty :laffo: and as soon as i realized these people could not negatively impact me in any way i started laughing in their faces about how dumb they were

edit: of course this did not change their opinion or anything but make some dudes in dead-end academia jobs mad at me for a bit but whatever it broke up the tedium of proctoring in testing centers and stuff

Addamere has issued a correction as of 21:59 on Jul 6, 2017

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
stop falling for that fake msnbc screenshot you fucks

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
million dollar idea: frozen hamburgers you can put in your toaster

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

Well yeah, if they don't have an absolute slam dunk case they just leave them to rot in secret prisons.

But her name is Muslim sounding so that makes it ok.

Eagerly awaiting for Mueller to roll out a big nothingburger after assembling his dream team so that "nothing matters" doesn't lose any credibility.

Serf
May 5, 2011

radical meme posted:

Wait a minute, I thought the index finger to the thumb thing was definitely not an alt right sign? So when does something that is constantly done by the alt right, even little alt right middle school turds, but is supposed to not be a thing become that thing? How many times does that thing have to be done to become the thing it is not supposed to be?

they pretended it was a thing for so long that it became an actual thing

because that's how things become things

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Also doesn't count companies that tooootally cover maternity leave, sure, oh wait it's just all your sick and vacation time and fmla, but you can take all the unpaid time you want (unless we come up with a reason you can't, which we will)

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Thom and the Heads posted:

haha wow msnbc is so out of touch 2017 owns mind blown

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Reality Winner posted:

a million dollars in insurance payouts for grease fires, yeah

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Reality Winner posted:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/jeffparker/status/883066003810373632

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fits my needs posted:

But her name is Muslim sounding so that makes it ok.

Eagerly awaiting for Mueller to roll out a big nothingburger after assembling his dream team so that "nothing matters" doesn't lose any credibility.

We're asymptotically approaching Mattering so somebody will go down, but it'll be Kushner or Bannon somebody like that. It won't touch Trump himself.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wonder what Sessions is doing currently to try and gently caress with Mueller? Can't be simply sitting on the sidelines

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Schlonged Again posted:

Are Ben Carson's hands gifted enough to repair Scalise's wrecked dick and rear end?

Yes!

but friend Ben will not come out of retirement for anyone

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

anime was right posted:

a million dollars in insurance payouts for grease fires, yeah

nothing a few million dollars in vc funding cant overcome

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

if only we had such a direct message to advertise in our free society

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/onesarahjones/status/883068114090565632

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

tbh it would be better for msnbc to have compared the internet flag to the confederate banner or something else stupid and wrong. that pisses the frogboys off more than anything. they will climb over themselves explaining that they actually are emulating the nazi flag because of how great the third reich is.

edit: i have apparently been fooled by a false news scheme

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Body slam Benjamin Jacobs until the heat death of the universe idgaf :hai:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

if only we had such a direct message to advertise in our free society

They are telling them they are number one.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

slouch posted:

tbh it would be better for msnbc to have compared the internet flag to the confederate banner or something else stupid and wrong. that pisses the frogboys off more than anything. they will climb over themselves explaining that they actually are emulating the nazi flag because of how great the third reich is.

edit: i have apparently been fooled by a false news scheme

Tricked by 4 chan a shameful embarrassment. Post 6 piss tapes and say 20 corn cobs.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
just watch this fake bullshit. the time jumps all over the place and i can hear the 4chan in the announcers voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiR8VDjXMnQ

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

fake news

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
The West Is Strong

We Will Have The Best West

that is why Kanye 2020 imo

"Nothing in life is promised except death"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

what's the REEEEEE thing

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Reality Winner posted:

what's the REEEEEE thing

it's a noise some angry frog made and they picked it up as being their soul call.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

maddow is fake news

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reality Winner posted:

what's the REEEEEE thing

it is the autistic screech one gives toward normies/girls/adults/anyone else who violates their safe space bubble of internet stupidity

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qwU1LQZA5g

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

just watch this fake bullshit. the time jumps all over the place and i can hear the 4chan in the announcers voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiR8VDjXMnQ

also bleeps out 'gently caress' but not 'shitposters'

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

What's a mob to a king?

What's a king to a god?

What's a god to a non-believer?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
noun

possibly noun verber adjective