Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Is this supposed to be based on what the actual people are like? Is Asuka rumored to do a lot of undermining of her colleagues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Maxwell Lord posted:

Is this supposed to be based on what the actual people are like? Is Asuka rumored to do a lot of undermining of her colleagues?

She was notoriously difficult to work with in Japan and known for stiffing opponents.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Takuan posted:

It seems like Sami and Kana are commenting on two different aspects of Adam Page. Sami is commenting on his in-ring ability, Kana is commenting on his charisma. Out of curiosity, what is Adam Page's current charisma stat? I have a similar situation in my 2001 game where Scott Steiner and Vampiro are constantly burying younger workers while Ric Flair and DDP are constantly telling me how I should give more microphone time to Jamie Knoble and Brian Kendrick. I usually just ignore the negative comments. It's not like I can't see their stats anyway.
Good point. Page's charisma is currently at C level, and given his years on the job I don't imagine it'll jump much higher (though I guess he's still young enough that he might pick up a mentor with high charisma). All that really means is that his matches won't get that little extra boost, Creative seems pretty confident that his in-ring skills are going to get even better and his overness ceiling is in the A- range.

Meanwhile, I don't like raiding the indies for talent but all of a sudden CMLL tried to buy up KUSHIDA and then WWE came in with their play for the whole Time Splitter package, now I'm putting in my own bid. Those guys are staples of the NJPW / ROH high card. LU's already been reduced to their midcarders getting ME treatment.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
More new moves confirmed for Fire Pro from Arena.

Diving Double Knee Facecrusher (Bushi's MX; Diving Codebreaker)
Double Knee Backbreaker (Lungblower/Backstabber)
Figure 8 (Charlotte Flair)
Iron Finger from Hell (Takashi Iizuka)
Kinshasa, as corner to center, (Shinsuke Nakamura)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Maxwell Lord posted:

There are personality sliders. Since these are mods, the modmakers set the sliders based on what is known about the person and their reputation.
Unfortunately I couldn't tell you specifically what each slider dictates and there are like, 10 of them.
I presume that if Kana is repreatedly trying to undermine people she's hard into the 'manipulative' part of the manipulative/Naive slider.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/882845678858194946

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
is fire pro gonna be good day 1 or should me and The Boys keep playing Duck Game for another month or two until the workshop beefs up

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Hey guys... MDickie's back! In two-thousand-and-loving-seventeen!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/665330/Wrestling_Revolution_3D/

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dsriggs posted:

If we can blow off limbs again I'm sold. Also modding and possibly Workshop support?

Yes, it'll be an absolute shitshow, but that is absolutely why you play an MDickie game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Really can't wait for it to come out on console.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Taintrunner posted:

If we can blow off limbs again I'm sold. Also modding and possibly Workshop support?

Yes, it'll be an absolute shitshow, but that is absolutely why you play an MDickie game.

As long as I can change the art and the music I'm in. Plus the game itself isn't completely terrible!

Also for Fire Pro: the # of CAWs on PC are unlimited based on hard drive space, is that true for the PS4 version too?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Who is even going to get FPWW on console when steam workshop integration exists, come on now

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of Steam community...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Go RV! posted:

Who is even going to get FPWW on console when steam workshop integration exists, come on now

I am. Don't care about the PC version. Waiting for it on PS4

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Devs on 2k18:

quote:

One area which they acknowledge wasn't up to par in 2K17 was the in-game commentary, which is also being overhauled. Working with the NBA 2K team, which is known for its authentic commentary quality, WWE 2K18 brings in Michael Cole, Byron Saxton, and Corey Graves as the lead commentators. To give it a more organic feel, the three commentators were given extra time to work, and also had the chance to perform in the same room as their co-commentators to lend the recording process more of a natural feel.

...Building from the last game, My Career returns and will feature a more serious story. As the last game was criticized for its somewhat sprawling nature, the next attempt at building your character's career will be more concise and narrative-driven than its predecessor. The main reason for this different approach to the story is the inclusion of the brand new Road To Glory mode, one of the new forms of online content for the My Career campaign. While the developers were tight-lipped on mentioning just what this offers, they stated that My Career's story is the lead up to Glory mode, which is the end-game of sorts for My Career.

Along with the expanded My Career comes new changes to the core gameplay. In addition to Promo Engine 2.0--an upgraded and more accurate take on the wrestler's trash-talking dialog system from 2K17--the fighters now go through a brand new progression system which yield unlockable upgrades and perks after matches. To encourage flexibility, the upcoming roster has been increased over the last year, and is set to be the largest in series history. Added to this, the developers working on a brand new character archetype system known as ‘fighting styles.' Each wrestler in the roster is set up with a particular archetype, like high-flyer or giant, which reflects their physique, moveset, and physical prowess in the ring. This is not only to reflect the variety in the roster, but also to give players diving into Create-A-Wrestler more defined archetypes to attach themselves to.

One area the developers were aware was a bit too complicated was the core grappling and submissions system. To remedy this, key parts of the submission system have been reworked and overhauled entirely, making it easier to learn and use. In addition to an overhauled dragging system (the technique of using opponent's' momentum against them), a new carrying system has been introduced, which allows players to pick up their opponents, leading to a variety of different moves like power bombs, cradles, and environmental moves. Moreover, there’s also a new ‘position feeding' mechanic, which allows players to ‘sell' their position in the match, launching a move from a groggy or ground position. The developers claim that the grappling systems are more dynamic, leading to a greater level of possibilities compared to the comparatively static system from the previous game.

Moreover, there will be many different options to play around with, including mixed-gender wrestling and other options such as interactive items and win conditions, which can be added in the new create-a-match feature.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

no GM mode no buys

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

dsriggs posted:

It truly is a wrestling game renaissance. First Fire Pro and now MDickie.

I feel like they say this every year.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope the Create a Match feature lets you get really stupid. Like 8 man Hell in A Cell Iron Man Table Matches.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Call Me Charlie posted:

It truly is a wrestling game renaissance. First Fire Pro and now MDickie.

I feel like they say this every year.

The bit about the people having specific styles is definitely from an old game. All that means is you won't be able to select from the entire movelist in CAW.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

If they introduce the goofy shoot stance from No Mercy there's no way it won't be better than Fire Pro

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Davros1 posted:

The bit about the people having specific styles is definitely from an old game. All that means is you won't be able to select from the entire movelist in CAW.

but dont you want to pick the undertaker and hold r1 and mash square to enter wreck shop mode. how about some ultimate control grappling. actually bring back ultimate control grappling it ruled

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I remember how in one game, fighting styles and weight class restrictions meant that Undertaker couldn't do his dive or his flipping clothesline.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Never forget SVR 06, where Shawn Michaels could not lift up the mighty and powerful Kurt Angle

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want Create a Story back.

Because anime.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Taintrunner posted:

Because anime.

But they had to work on the promo system that everyone was clamoring for. Not to mention making it so you can't be a fat man high flyer. I mean, what do you want? Fun? No. You will set up the ladder in one of 5 pre-determined locations. WITH ALL NEW COMMENTARY

I can't wait for fire pro or mcdickie or something fuuuuun.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

It's good that there are about a hundred different attributes now, including Left Arm Durability and Dick Size

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Heh. They've clarified that they "fighting styles" will only apply to My Career, and not the other modes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Kevin Owens will not be able to exist in MyCareer mode because he is too fat to be a High Flyer.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Rev has been putting up videos from Fire Pro Wrestling World.

https://www.youtube.com/user/goodreverend2k1/videos

Apperance options, glove colors, RGB colors, new moves, hair & mask options, skin color, pre made outfits.

https://mobile.twitter.com/luchagringo/status/883040834765049857

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 7, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

dsriggs posted:

I'm almost as excited about this as I am about Fire Pro.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f9FYlmKspc

- edit And some guy is streaming it on Twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/freeplaymode1

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 7, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

Because anime.

nah it peaked at chocolate drop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrMtQM834

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Life peaked at chocolate drop

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Davros1 posted:

I wish they would do it like Fire Pro or Day of Reckoning where fighting style just let you decide whether the CAW reversed a power bomb attempt with a hurricanrana (High Flyer), a boston crab (Submission), or a back body drop (Power). It's a great, simple way to make CAWs (and other wrestlers) feel unique and different, so of course they got rid of that 15 years ago.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Fat Lowtax posted:

It's good that there are about a hundred different attributes now, including Left Arm Durability and Dick Size

If you max out your hepatitis stat, your opponent will make all of their strikes much weaker so as to not bust you open.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAo-wzOky94

Blood on the looks a lot better (skip to 2nd to last match in the video).

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
So happy MDickie is back, time to dust off Radical Larry in a fresh career mode. Who will be racist and tell him to go home white boy?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

MDickie wrestler names are even better than the ones from that other lovely off-brand console game from a year or two back. Brook Laser vs. Slam Dunk indeed

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The mixed-gender wrestling thing sounds unusual, since it's something that WWE are not likely to reintroduce in the foreseeable future. Wonder if the reporter is phrasing that wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
Yeah I was hoping that the mixed-gender wrestling would be somewhat unrestricted, but you know I wouldn't put it past them to hype it up, then have the final result be a stupud Specialty Mixed Gender Tag match option--on an enemy tag out, the computer takes over and walks you to the corner to tag automatically

Still, I'm kinda hopeful that they get some stuff right. The new announcers are WAY overdue, especially after the JBL addition was half-assed and lovely

Twisted Eye fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 7, 2017