Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

With ganon gone and no blood moon, the option to just fully genocide all enemies.

I don't think the game can do this, so not this.

Playing as the champions maybe or a re-fight through the beasts or another dungeon inside Akkala Citadel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

LionArcher posted:

Wait. Did they announce if the cool pink green joycons are coming to USA?

I quickly skimmed the video and this thread and apparently no, only EU\JP so far.

Still got my JP preorder through amazon.co.jp.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I want a future Zelda game that mostly takes place in Akkala. Just fall foliage everywhere the whole time.

Instead of dungeons there's cider and candle factories.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

With ganon gone and no blood moon, the option to just fully genocide all enemies.

The blood moon resets the memory state to fit within the available ram and to keep save files from getting ridiculously large. Which is why it can happen during the day too in some circumstances and why you should restart the game every so often even with sleep mode. So it wouldn't be possible.

There's a mod for botw wiiu that lets you place items and enemies in the overworld and when you start setting too many the game freaks out and starts spawning blood moons to get things under control.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The Blood Moon mechanic is kind of useless as enemies respawn even without it and there's zero item permanence in the world as it is. It feels like something that meant more in an earlier build of the game that just got left in.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yodzilla posted:

The Blood Moon mechanic is kind of useless as enemies respawn even without it and there's zero item permanence in the world as it is. It feels like something that meant more in an earlier build of the game that just got left in.

What enemies respawn without it? The only ones I've noticed are things like chuchus and stal enemies that hide underground so only spawn when you are near

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I might pick cake for short queues. Is that the Pro move?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so is like, the hatred of Pearl based on anything she's portrayed personality wise, or is it wholly based on her design?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

TFRazorsaw posted:

so is like, the hatred of Pearl based on anything she's portrayed personality wise, or is it wholly based on her design?

Honestly, it's pretty much entirely her design for me. IMO, it's the worst character design I've seen from Nintendo in a long time. It's especially jarring, since the rest of Splatoon's cast is definitely well above average on the design front.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't really see the problems with it. I mean, she doesn't look as "cute" as the other female characters but that seems to be entirely intentional. She's sharp eyed and aggressive looking because that seems to be her style as a performer.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

TFRazorsaw posted:

There's barely anything known about their personalities so far.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Delusibeta posted:

Honestly, it's pretty much entirely her design for me. IMO, it's the worst character design I've seen from Nintendo in a long time. It's especially jarring, since the rest of Splatoon's cast is definitely well above average on the design front.

I like the the weapons guy who looks like a minion.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

The Bloop posted:

What enemies respawn without it? The only ones I've noticed are things like chuchus and stal enemies that hide underground so only spawn when you are near

The worst specific time I remember this happening was when I killed a Silver Lynel in some crater, made a camp, woke up, and was one-shot by one of the fuckers that was immediately up my rear end. Definitely never saw a Blood Moon animation for that.

But still, Blood Moons seem to happen like ever 3-5 days, how often are you going back over the same areas in that short a time where it actually matters?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

I was basing that on her performance in the group's reveal trailer.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pearl is just squid girl eminem it's ok

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Yodzilla posted:

The worst specific time I remember this happening was when I killed a Silver Lynel in some crater, made a camp, woke up, and was one-shot by one of the fuckers that was immediately up my rear end. Definitely never saw a Blood Moon animation for that.

But still, Blood Moons seem to happen like ever 3-5 days, how often are you going back over the same areas in that short a time where it actually matters?

They take over a week for me, because I always reset the time to morning at every single fire.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. Fetus posted:

Marina is the CD DJ that spends way too much time turning knobs and listening to her monitors for no real reason, and wears tight and/or revealing outfits during her sets because she's an attention whore.

Pearl is the token rapper of an all-girl K-pop group that took just a little bit too much inspiration from 90's west coast hip hop, whose real dream in life was to host her own morning children's TV show, but it's not in the cards.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

the key visual for the new splatfest makes pearl not too much like a gross goblin at least

uh oh, looks like splatoon is now an anime game for pedos (tm)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Binding of Isaac peeps:

1FFPE6FY

Go immediately to the right rooms.

The rest is up to you. It's a fun one, played it twice on lunch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If we are in fact getting Bayonetta 1+2 and W101 on Switch, the idea may to do so have been a direct result of Scalebound's cancellation. So thank you, Microsoft.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

Kidding aside, I want a post-Ganon DLC with Link and Zelda, but I don't know what it'd really be.

The Great Plateau rises, and the Shrine of Resurrection turns red.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Team Pearl will win because a bunch of Japanese Loli lovers will stack the scales.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Sam Faust posted:

The Great Plateau rises, and the Shrine of Resurrection turns red.

Honestly, i was kind of hoping for an outside threat beyond the fog/sea, that Link and Zelda need to unite the peoples of the wider Hyrule area to defeat. Or something. I dunno.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I can't believe all you people prefer ice cream over cake. Ice cream is not a dessert, it is a topping.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

uh oh, looks like splatoon is now an anime game for pedos (tm)

Does it have a boob slider?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

EpicNemesis posted:

I can't believe all you people prefer ice cream over cake. Ice cream is not a dessert, it is a topping.

The doctor told you your foot was gonna fall off if you keep putting ice cream on everything

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
More games should have boob sliders

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

EpicNemesis posted:

Looks like someone was asleep in history class...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't really see the problems with it. I mean, she doesn't look as "cute" as the other female characters but that seems to be entirely intentional. She's sharp eyed and aggressive looking because that seems to be her style as a performer.

she has a neanderthal 5head and sunken eyes

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beastie posted:

Binding of Isaac peeps:

1FFPE6FY

Go immediately to the right rooms.

The rest is up to you. It's a fun one, played it twice on lunch.

Lmao wtf is this first floor

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The Bloop posted:

a re-fight through the beasts

no

god no

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

:magical:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

If we are in fact getting Bayonetta 1+2 and W101 on Switch, the idea may to do so have been a direct result of Scalebound's cancellation. So thank you, Microsoft.

I could see that as a possibility since Nintendo has been kind to Platinum and Kamiya. Hell they put up the cash for Bayo2 when nobody else would. Seems rational they'd want to rebound by getting in on the Switch gravy train while making money on their old stuff.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 7, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TFRazorsaw posted:

It doesn't help that Marina's design is so good.

Also I'm sad they didn't chose names that were puns, like Callie and Marie.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Pearl's design does make sense if you look at her as the girl squid version of Eminem

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I figured out what's wrong with Pearl. Her teeth are upside down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

splat god was an okay single

• Locked thread