Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I didn't think Durandal was that bad, actually, he hits AOE a lot but we kept him buffed down. Someone's going to have to be on Esuna duty though, and unless you're coordinating on the discord, that's probably going to be you, so you're going to have to leave all your shiny new Fest toys behind and spam Ultra Cure and breaks so your dumbass teammates don't eat it, not that I'm bitter or anything about multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ApplesandOranges posted:

Upcoming Mythril budgeting if you're drained of Mythril. Keep in mind we should be getting a DU soon (either next week or the week after).

FFXIV: Banner 1 is famously bad because of Y'shtola's extremely lackluster USB. Garlond's stuff isn't incredibly exciting unless you need an Imperil Earth, and there are better sources of that in the future. Still, it's the last reliable source of Wall for a while, and Minfilia's USB is pretty decent (ATK/MAG/RES+30% and Hastega). It's almost immediately usurped by Rikku's USB though, but at least it stacks with everything.

Banner 2 is chock full of Fire, and if you like Yda/Papalymo this is your one stop shop. Thancred's BSB2 also debuts, but while it's decent, it's pretty much inferior to Squall's (which recurs soon) and doesn't have an Enelement. Poison is a stable element, but that's it.

FFX: Banner 1 has Rikku's fantastic USB to headline it (ATK/MAG+30%, Protect/Shell/Haste). Lulu's USB is decent (although if you're hunting for Ice, wait til Squall/Rinoa 2), and Rikku's Imperil Water returns. Most of the rest of the banner isn't really noteworthy unless you're really hurting for synergy.

Banner 2 debuts Auron (ATK/DEF/RES break, Sentinel, Magic Blink) and Wakka (Random Imperil Water + Hyper Break)'s USBs. You also have Braska's decent BSB2, Auron's BSB2 which won't really be good til the new Samurai abilities are released down the road, and the recurrence of Tidus BSB. A fairly decent banner actually if you're hurting for synergybut nothing that's really gamechanging other than maybe Auron's USB, which is a nice package of effects.

Type-0: Ace's USB is the only really noteworthy thing here. Deuce's SSB is an arguable upgrade to Arc's Renewing Rains, and Nine's SSB is a physically slanted version of Strago's SSB, but that's about it. At least you'll definitely have no dupes going in.

FFVIII: Squall's BSB2 returns, which is a pretty big prize in and of itself. Squall/Seifer USBs debut, neither of which are that exciting. You also have recurrence of Quistis BSB, as well as Quistis/Selphie SSBs if you're hurting for a native Hastega/Medica.

Banner 2 is the Ice/Wind banner. On the Ice side, you have Rinoa's CSB, BSB2, and Edea's BSB. On the Wind side, Fujin's OSB, BSB, and SSB/LMR. Raijin's SSB is a +Lightning armour and a great support tool. The only real dud here is Edea's SSB, but they can't all be perfect.

FFVII: Banner 1's big prizes are Red XIII's USB (Minfilia's USB, swap MAG for DEF, and add Astra) and Shelke's support-style BSB. Noteworthy recurrences are Sephiroth's BSB2 and Cid's Shout clone. Shelke's worth considering hunting for since her Legend Dive is really solid.

Banner 2 sees the return of Zack's CSB, Cloud's BSB2 and Tifa's USB. Unfortunately, Rufus' SSB also returns. Barret's BSB debuts, but it's not really anything fancy.

FFIV: Banner 1 is pretty stacked. Edge and Rosa's USBs are both gamechangers here. You also see the return of Edge's SSB2 and Edward's SSB, both of which have some pretty good use. The rest of the relics aren't that special, but it's honestly a pretty nice banner.

Banner 2 isn't anything that special. Kain's BSB/OSB combo returns, as does Ceodore's BSB, but that's about it. Rosa's solid SSB is here, but you're better off aiming for her USB unless you really like Kain/Ceodore.

Thanks! Maybe I'll get to 50 in time for FFX

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

MikeSevigny posted:

I didn't think Durandal was that bad, actually, he hits AOE a lot but we kept him buffed down. Someone's going to have to be on Esuna duty though, and unless you're coordinating on the discord, that's probably going to be you, so you're going to have to leave all your shiny new Fest toys behind and spam Ultra Cure and breaks so your dumbass teammates don't eat it, not that I'm bitter or anything about multiplayer.
Daedalus, not Ashe's OSB sword. Had a smooth run yesterday with a goon Discord group; Larsa and Tyro USB for Astra, someone with Affliction Break, and good luck meant nobody got petrified.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

And somehow even though I've been playing for like a year I have zero resist petrify accessories. They really need to add some of those to the greens exchange or something, it's ridiculous how I have like 10 goddamn major resist for some debuffs and 0-1 for others.
There are three petrify resist accessories listed on page 7 of http://happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf with two of them being minor resist. I used to sell accessories before the vault was a thing so I don't have any of them either.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wow Cloud is really hard to master. I even physical blinked with Arc like 4 or 5 times and still got dinged for damage taken and actions taken.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So what do people tailor parties around with cloud USB RW?

I think most people used to RW either a healer, Wall, or hastega. Are people now putting all 3 of those in natively and you only need 2 damage dealers?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wow Cloud is really hard to master. I even physical blinked with Arc like 4 or 5 times and still got dinged for damage taken and actions taken.

It's tougher than it appears, but doable if you have decent dark relics. I ran Ramza (shout, USB) Y'sh (Wall, BSB) Alphi (SSB, RW Bot) Golbez (BSB) and Nabaat (SSB, BSB) rw'ing Raines.

I had to S/L after my first try because I let Wall run out and got my poo poo pushed in. A few more S/Ls because the beginning phase is pretty RNG with how Cloud rushes your guys. It went smooth though after I was able to get through the mitigation phase and keep my buffs going. I have 2 great Dark users though, plus Alphinaud is a very solid Raines bot.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I ran a mage team mostly as a joke but turns out Golbez BSB, OK BSB, Kuja BSB and Fujin BSB is Actually A Pretty Decent (Dark) Mage Team. Ysh healed. Fujin was filler but carried Protectga and Gust did decent damage. Also since the entire team was in back row Cloud barely did any damage.

First victory for the mage team.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
tfw instead of pulling on cloud usb you pull on ff12 for husbando bsb2/lm to make him as not-terrible as possible, get three rainbow orbs, and are greeted with three reks shields

never again

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
What's the ETA for magicite dungeons? I still need to go murder a couple nightmare dungeons I've been ignoring.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

HPanda posted:

Sure. I've got the soul breaks listed above, so abilities were:
Luneth Death Throes R1/Sky High R1
Cid Raines Faith R3/Meltdown R2
Onion Knight Full Break R2/Mental Breakdown R3
Alphinaud Protectga R2/Tiamat R3
Arc Curaja R4/Maduin R5 (don't bring Maduin. I was trying something and it was not effective)

Thanks for this! After waiting for Cloud's USB to arrive, this was the strategy that finally got it done for me...mastered it too! I had a few slight changes: Luneth had Drain Strike instead of Sky High so once all the Swordshowers were spent, that was it for him and Arc was using BSB instead of SSB. It was so very close, one more turn and I probably would have wiped, but I'm sure glad to have those extra motes.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So being as I lack any sort of SB for Luneth, it's looking like the full Torment CM is out of my reach. I tried with Zindane BSB2 and Cloud RW, but even at 30k per burst command Zidane can't kill him before the USB buff runs out. Tried mage meta with Desch's lightning Imperil powering out Rapha BSB and Rainse BSB, but again he has too much drat HP for the buffs to hold out. I could try adding Bartz w/ Snowspell strike to the physical party, but I can't imagine going in without Wall is a very good idea.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Philouza posted:

Thanks for this! After waiting for Cloud's USB to arrive, this was the strategy that finally got it done for me...mastered it too! I had a few slight changes: Luneth had Drain Strike instead of Sky High so once all the Swordshowers were spent, that was it for him and Arc was using BSB instead of SSB. It was so very close, one more turn and I probably would have wiped, but I'm sure glad to have those extra motes.

Glad it helped! That Cid/OK/Alph combo is brutal. While the early part of the fight wasn't the issue, was still fun to see him melt down to 40%.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So what do people tailor parties around with cloud USB RW?

I think most people used to RW either a healer, Wall, or hastega. Are people now putting all 3 of those in natively and you only need 2 damage dealers?

Pretty much, though there are sometimes ways to combine some of those, depending on needs. Tyro can do 2.25 of those things himself with wrath and a non-lovely opener for a boss, assuming he has Wall and USB.

The idea is that with 2 RW casts, more than 2 DPS characters would be highly diminishing returns, anyway. Sometimes even one DPS with the other four slots built around making him/her a god can be worthwhile. Of course, that's all gonna depend heavily on the fight and SB's available.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Luneth was half way through the casting time of his 3rd and final BSB to finish off 300 Bahamut and Bahamut Megaflared and killed him. I am So Mad At Video Games right now :mad:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
So what's everyone's opinion on Noctis at the moment? He's the only character I have the third memory crystal for so I'm wondering if it's worth boosting him up.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

ceaselessfuture posted:

So what's everyone's opinion on Noctis at the moment? He's the only character I have the third memory crystal for so I'm wondering if it's worth boosting him up.

This game is less about which characters you have (because eventually you will collect everyone) and more about which items you have for said characters. Wait until you pull relic weapons before deciding who to put on your team. A character with a BSB even at level 65 is going to outdamage Noctis at 99.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Ultimately, it also comes down to which characters you really like.

(which is why this game rules and FFBE drools)

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If you want to use Noctis the FFXV event with relics for him is coming soon enough (unless they change, the schedule should go XIV-X-Type0-VIII-VII-IV-XV-XI-Magicite Minifest)

He gets some very nice relics, but is purely non-elemental (which has some ups and downs)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Evil Fluffy posted:

What's the ETA for magicite dungeons? I still need to go murder a couple nightmare dungeons I've been ignoring.

three months, our next quarterly fest is designed to give us the elemental options for them

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wizard on a water slide posted:

tfw instead of pulling on cloud usb you pull on ff12 for husbando bsb2/lm to make him as not-terrible as possible, get three rainbow orbs, and are greeted with three reks shields

never again

wow that's pretty amazing, in its own way

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Sorry for all the questions, but you guys are great and helpful <3

Should I be saving mithril for a half-off event or just use it as it comes?

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I feel like I'm missing something with this D300 Bahamut. I managed to whittle him down to 40% without wall, then Cloud died before he could kick off the BSB2/USB murderfest. I'm trying:

RW Cloud USB (Or RW Wall if I want to have an easier time surviving)
Cloud, Tornado Strike/Hailstorm, BSB2/OSB, Sword damage+ RM
Eiko, Curada/Ultra Cure, BSB/USB (focusing mostly on BSB for extra crit), white magic x2 RM
Refia, Exploding Fist, Meteor Strike, BSB, atk+ RM
Tyro, Multibreak, Angelsong, BSB, Thunder God mode RM
OK, PowerBD/Magic BD, BSB, autohaste RM to get VoF off fast.

IF I RW Wall, I can last basically forever, but I run out of gas at the 40% point and Cloud just can't last long enough to whittle Bahamut down through his awful healing gimmick.

If I RW the USB, I have a hell of a time staying alive if Bahamut decides Megaflares are the hip new thing, and the USB is basically useless until the last 40% of his health when, again, I've usually run out of healing and mblinks from trying to stay alive up until then.

Refia usually hits for 1500 to 3000 per hit. Cloud for about 3k, OK for about 1200.
I've tried bring Ramza instead, and the damage is a little better, but if I beat this SOB, I'd like some of those Spirit motes, y'know?
I also tried bringing Zack and his BSB for imperils, but his damage wasn't much better than Refia's. I also tried Zidane and his BSB2, as a way to add another stack of boostgas, but it didn't seem to help too much. He did pretty good damage, though, at 5kx2 per cmd1/2 on his burst. But if I bring him, he has to take off 60% of Bahamut's HP basically by himself, so I can save Cloud for the big finish.

I also tried a Mage team, but the only wind mage SB I have is Fujin's, which is useful but not the biggest powerhouse. My best mage BSB with a non-elemental tag is Kuja, who was doing a solid amount of damage, but part of that was because of the boost he gets from Doom, which was...a really bad idea in this fight...

I feel like I SHOULD be able to take this guy out, but I can't find the right balance between DPS and not dying. I have no idea what else to try. I'm unreasonably frustrated over a dumb cellphone game and should probably just take a break.

On the upside, I sailed through all of the FF12 bosses, so that felt pretty great after the grinder the top-tier battles have been lately!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

ahhhh this goddamn Daedalus fight is driving me insane, got him down to 10% and he petrifies 3 of our healers right as Wall wears off. gently caress this fight so much, I have never been this frustrated by an MP fight. Why couldn't it be the one giving away another pile of bravery motes or some poo poo instead of the one 4 star mote I actually need. And why in fucks name do they feel the need to make a boss spam a condition that they haven't given us a resist accessory for in like an entire year.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 7, 2017

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I feel like I'm missing something with this D300 Bahamut. I managed to whittle him down to 40% without wall, then Cloud died before he could kick off the BSB2/USB murderfest. I'm trying:

Eiko, Curada/Ultra Cure, BSB/USB (focusing mostly on BSB for extra crit), white magic x2 RM

IF I RW Wall, I can last basically forever, but I run out of gas at the 40% point and Cloud just can't last long enough to whittle Bahamut down through his awful healing gimmick.

If I RW the USB, I have a hell of a time staying alive if Bahamut decides Megaflares are the hip new thing, and the USB is basically useless until the last 40% of his health when, again, I've usually run out of healing and mblinks from trying to stay alive up until then.

Refia usually hits for 1500 to 3000 per hit. Cloud for about 3k, OK for about 1200.
I've tried bring Ramza instead, and the damage is a little better, but if I beat this SOB, I'd like some of those Spirit motes, y'know?
I also tried bringing Zack and his BSB for imperils, but his damage wasn't much better than Refia's. I also tried Zidane and his BSB2, as a way to add another stack of boostgas, but it didn't seem to help too much. He did pretty good damage, though, at 5kx2 per cmd1/2 on his burst. But if I bring him, he has to take off 60% of Bahamut's HP basically by himself, so I can save Cloud for the big finish.

I also tried a Mage team, but the only wind mage SB I have is Fujin's, which is useful but not the biggest powerhouse. My best mage BSB with a non-elemental tag is Kuja, who was doing a solid amount of damage, but part of that was because of the boost he gets from Doom, which was...a really bad idea in this fight...

I feel like I SHOULD be able to take this guy out, but I can't find the right balance between DPS and not dying. I have no idea what else to try. I'm unreasonably frustrated over a dumb cellphone game and should probably just take a break.

On the upside, I sailed through all of the FF12 bosses, so that felt pretty great after the grinder the top-tier battles have been lately!

No guarantee, but you might (might) be able to have it both ways if you try using a Wall RW, then have Cloud pop his burst and go a round or two with that, then use the OSB for the other two meters. Having Enwind (and the BSB attack boost) up makes a huge difference in the amount of damage it does. It still may not be enough though.

It doesn't make a huge difference, but if you can, try using Lifebane instead of Exploding Fist, you can get a little more damage out of Refia that way.

If you get Wall going and have that Magic Blink, you ought to be able to sub out Power Breakdown for Armor Breakdown, and even replace Magic Breakdown with a cure or something.

Edit: Total Desperation Option - Thyrus is on the FFXIV Banner?

Sesq fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 7, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

never again

u got rekst

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Nothing like using Ramza/Strago for raids when people are bringing their Cloud USBs.

Ramza charges History's Truth, Strago sits there twiddling his thumbs. Random Clouds start using their USB, it's charging.

Ramza finishes his own USB off, Strago gets instant cast. Fire off lore. Boss instagibbed before Clouds get to show off, since they didn't wait for Ramza.

YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS SIT DOWN AND WATCH HOW ITS DONE, SONNYBOYS.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Finally. I hate fights where I have a great team/setup/strat but victory depends entirely on RNG luck. Whatever. Agrias now has 30 5* Spirit motes to munch on.

My strat:

Turn 1
OK BSB
Shout
Luneth Drain Strike every turn until 3 wind imperils active
Fang uses basic attack until all buffs are up
Arc casts Protectga

Turn 2
Luneth Drain Strike
Fang basic attack
Arc Renewing Rains
OK Armor BD
Ramza Chant

Turn 3
Luneth Drain Strike
Fang call RW Cloud USB
Arc Curaja
OK Magic BD
Ramza Full Break

Turn 4
Luneth Drain Strike
Fang imperil wind BSB
Arc Curaja, refresh Renewing Rains after every Megaflare
OK Swift Slice
Ramza Power BD

After that it's just keeping Fang and Luneth alive
Once Fang done 2 imperil BSBs Luneth calls Cloud USB RW
After Fang has done 3 imperil BSBs she uses Sky High until she's dead or both uses are gone
After 3 imperils Luneth uses BSB, command 2, BSB, BSB
OK and Ramza refresh VoF and Shout right as Luneth calls Cloud USB
Arc heals Luneth while he kills Bahamut

It took a zillion tries but I finally got the RNG luck I needed to win. Thanks DeNa you fucks!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I just did the CM for D300 with no wall. I think you can do it, especially if you're not worried too much about the CM. I do have Ramza with his USB and shout though, so YMMV.

I used:
Arc (phys blink SSB)
Luneth (BSB) he's basically equal to your Cloud.
OK (ssb1 and ss2, no VoF
Ramza (shout and USB for insta cast)
Fang (imperil BSB) only level 80

Basically there's a ton of RNG, you better hope for as few megaflares as possible. I stacked imperils early, plus used my Ramza USB to time my SB usage optimally. Try to get two imperils down before rwing Cloud

Also don't use Eiko's BSB as it nerfs the Cloud damage. Eiko's USB alone can possibly carry you though.

Anyway the gist of it is, buff your DPS as much as possible, cast imperils, and then unleash cloud meta as fast as possible. Try to optimize as much bursty damage as possible because it's a pain in the rear end if he curajas himself past your offense. I actually had to use sky high at the end to finish it past this BS.

Good luck.

Edit: Elephant we had a very similar team with just slightly different relics. My Fang got killed too. Pretty cool!

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 7, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

2/11

Thyrus and Magitek Repeater

I finally no longer have to RW for wall!!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I want to pull for Asylum so bad but I'm going to save for Rikku banner instead. :/

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Sorry for all the questions, but you guys are great and helpful <3

Should I be saving mithril for a half-off event or just use it as it comes?

Always pull on every lucky draw (25 mythril 11-pulls). We'll have one next week, even.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
There's some who say half draws arent worth it (these people are wrong) but if youre new its no question worth it.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

RagnarokAngel posted:

There's some who say half draws arent worth it (these people are wrong) but if youre new its no question worth it.

Those "some" are fools. It takes pretty exceptional amount of dupes for half priced pulls to not be worth it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The only time I'd say no to lucky draws is when the pool is so pared down that there's only like 20 relics total and I already have 15 of them. So, you know, like the Curaga Medica banner we got.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

iamsosmrt posted:

Also don't use Eiko's BSB as it nerfs the Cloud damage.

How's this work? Why does Eiko's BSB nerf the damage?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

bilperkins2 posted:

How's this work? Why does Eiko's BSB nerf the damage?

replaces 100% crit rate with 50%

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Man my team of Tyro, Kuja, Cid(13), OK, and Yuna turned Cloud into a fine paste with absolutely no problem... but I still lost a medal for damage taken. The requirements for that fight are stupidly tight.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Attestant posted:

Those "some" are fools. It takes pretty exceptional amount of dupes for half priced pulls to not be worth it.

Meh. I don't pull luckies in global because I don't do CMs in global and I already have a stable, very powerful team. I'd much rather save my mythril for targeted draws on specific high-upside banners. Luckies are excellent for filling out your relic collection, but I don't need that.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Zurai posted:

Meh. I don't pull luckies in global because I don't do CMs in global and I already have a stable, very powerful team. I'd much rather save my mythril for targeted draws on specific high-upside banners. Luckies are excellent for filling out your relic collection, but I don't need that.

I hope to get to this point one day, but even though I can clear just about everything (including about 90% of the CMs these past 4 months or so), I have massive holes in my overall roster that leaves even a decent chance of getting good items for cheap to be worthwhile. Shiiiiet, I got like 4 USBs from luckies, including Ramza's, which has saved my rear end a few times.

Depends on your goals though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Not having enough vit motes to finish Cloud's LS board for his last LM really, really sucks.

Bell_ posted:

Ultimately, it also comes down to which characters you really like.

(which is why this game rules and FFBE drools)

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my Orlandeau/Olive/Rikku/WoL/Tilith team murdering everything in FFBE. :chord:

(Draw rates in FFBE are pretty rough, like FFRK used to be)

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

ahhhh this goddamn Daedalus fight is driving me insane, got him down to 10% and he petrifies 3 of our healers right as Wall wears off. gently caress this fight so much, I have never been this frustrated by an MP fight. Why couldn't it be the one giving away another pile of bravery motes or some poo poo instead of the one 4 star mote I actually need. And why in fucks name do they feel the need to make a boss spam a condition that they haven't given us a resist accessory for in like an entire year.

I still don't know how the random pub group I joined on the first day cleared it. I'm gonna go with it being due to having 4 healers, with one or two of them constantly spamming SBs that gave status blink. We still had people get petrified once or twice but thankfully two of the other healers also had ultra cure/esuna. Fight's real bad but at least healers with Lionheart (or eve Ace Striker/Battleforged) can toss out BSBs often.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

replaces 100% crit rate with 50%

Are you sure? This contradicts everything people have said about it since Eiko's is +50% crit rate while Cloud's USB sets your crit rate to 100% and that the larger bonus is used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Are you sure? This contradicts everything people have said about it since Eiko's is +50% crit rate while Cloud's USB sets your crit rate to 100% and that the larger bonus is used.

There is no such thing as a buff which grants +50% to your crit rate. Every buff which affects crit rate sets your crit rate equal to whatever the buff is (50%, except for Cloud USB).

What you may be getting confused about are abilities and BSB commands with inherent crit rate, like Skygrinder or Cloud's/Lightning's BSB1. Those are actual increases to crit chance from whatever your baseline is (~3-5% normally, 50% under Eiko BSB etc, 100% under Cloud USB).

Zurai fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 7, 2017

• Locked thread