Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, but Kimberly was a cheerleader. I wish the movie was that fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Appears to be a variation on this poster for Flash Gordon:

Fantastic. A bit more googling and it looks like it's this:

Thanks for kicking that around for me.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

No, but Kimberly was a cheerleader. I wish the movie was that fun.

I can't believe they had plans for SIX of those movies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

Apparently merch sales were good enough that they're in talks for the possibility of a sequel, but even if that happens, I think they're gonna have to scale those plans way back.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm honestly more shocked that we maybe get decades worth of Avatar movies.

Power Rangers was bad but inoffensive.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

I'm honestly more shocked that we maybe get decades worth of Avatar movies.

After we never asked for the first one too. I don't get it. Avatar was boring and had a cookie cutter story. But he's James Cameron so let's make four more of these fuckers.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

kiimo posted:

After we never asked for the first one too. I don't get it. Avatar was boring and had a cookie cutter story. But he's James Cameron so let's make four more of these fuckers.

It's visually pretty goddamn awesome, to be fair. But yeah, I don't need more Pandora.

James Cameron's Battle Angel is something I would WAY rather see, and that he's passed that on is deeply disappointing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well Battle Angel is something I'm working on and we'll see how the first delivered feature turns out but the sizzle we did for CineEurope looks outstanding.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Xealot posted:

It's visually pretty goddamn awesome, to be fair. But yeah, I don't need more Pandora.

James Cameron's Battle Angel is something I would WAY rather see, and that he's passed that on is deeply disappointing.

Agreed. But at least Battle Angel is getting made.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

kiimo posted:

Well Battle Angel is something I'm working on and we'll see how the first delivered feature turns out but the sizzle we did for CineEurope looks outstanding.

Oh yeah? That's good to hear, I was worried after it got passed on to Rodriguez.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Xealot posted:

I was at the new Disney version of Pandora a few weeks ago and its honestly pretty stunning. Both during the day and at night

Plus the movie was playing on a loop at the hotel and it really wasn't that bad. Like, its not a good movie, but its not bad either.

If Cameron just makes a bunch of sequels that are pretty and visually stunning, I'll happily shell out for IMAX tickets.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

kiimo posted:

After we never asked for the first one too.

What does this mean?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'll be pretty mad if Cameron doesn't make more Avatar movies like he promised. I spent nearly 2 grand turning myself into a real life Na'vi and I don't want the experience to die.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

What does this mean?

Nothing now that I think about it.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Remember when there was a huge therapy boom because people were coming out of Avatar deeply depressed because they couldn't visit Pandora? 2009 seems like a loving universe away.

On Pandora to be specific.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I don't want another Avatar either but it's silly to question why they might make a sequel to the highest grossing movie of all time.

I think they might be in for kind of a rude awakening, though. It seems like Avatar was much more of a "of the moment" kind of movie than something like Star Wars. Though I guess if you drag it out long enough, Avatar 2 becomes a nostalgia piece to young adults who saw Avatar as kids.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay so I liked the latest two Star Wars movies as much as anyone.
However, I'm less enthusiastic about the new ones because I know that there will always be a new one each year.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

kiimo posted:

Can we expect a teaser at SDCC? Really curious to see how Rosa Salazar looks as Alita since I was really lukewarm on her casting.

[edit]

Erebus posted:

I don't want another Avatar either but it's silly to question why they might make a sequel to the highest grossing movie of all time.

I think they might be in for kind of a rude awakening, though. It seems like Avatar was much more of a "of the moment" kind of movie than something like Star Wars. Though I guess if you drag it out long enough, Avatar 2 becomes a nostalgia piece to young adults who saw Avatar as kids.

From what I remember, a whole lotta people doubted Avatar would be a success prior to its release, and then it went on the be the highest grossing film ever. People doubted Titanic too. Not saying Avatar 2 is going to be a guaranteed hit, but Cameron is 2/2 right now at proving he shits gold in spite of all the naysayers.

teagone fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 7, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Disney park is making the right decision either way by ignoring the actual story of the movie(s) and focusing entirely on the aesthetic, which is a good one.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

kiimo posted:

Nothing now that I think about it.

Well, I still agree with it, in that the Project 880 script was available around Hollywood and online for nearly two decades and nobody was every terribly enthused by it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They're finally making a Thundercats movie?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

It doesn't look like it was filmed in a garage and rendered in Rodriguez's kitchen while he cooked breakfast tacos?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Finally.

Should've been the first poster.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Power Rangers deserves sequels more than Avatar :colbert:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bad posters aside, Spider-Man ruuuuuuuled. I loved it.

Jumanji looks okay. I'm not the sort of person that thinks bad sequels diminish good films (Star Wars) and it looks like they are doing a decent job not making it a rehash.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

It doesn't look like it was filmed in a garage and rendered in Rodriguez's kitchen while he cooked breakfast tacos?

It's a sizzle with a bunch of behind the scenes stuff, the jury is way way out.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

now I want breakfast tacos

drat it all

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Breakfast tacos own so much. I totally made some after watching his making of breakfast tacos scene.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I went to San Francisco a month ago and asked a number of residents where the best breakfast tacos were. Nobody had any idea what I was talking about. The answer ended up being "in LA" or "in my apartment and favorite restaurants when I returned to New York". How as a city you nail tacos so hard but completely drop the ball on extending them to every meal of the day is baffling to me.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

feedmyleg posted:

I went to San Francisco a month ago and asked a number of residents where the best breakfast tacos were. Nobody had any idea what I was talking about. The answer ended up being "in LA" or "in my apartment and favorite restaurants when I returned to New York". How as a city you nail tacos so hard but completely drop the ball on extending them to every meal of the day is baffling to me.

maybe it's a sign that you should eat something else

like if you're having breakfast in SF you should just eat buttered sourdough bread until you explode

edit: I ate some very dope pastries when I was last in SF including a sushi croissant made with smoked salmon

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 11, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

so pretty

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 12, 2017

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

imgur.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That weird pointy alien head but not a head us really, really freaking me out. The loving thing is so fractal.

It's not as good as the proto-Strewzan the first season poster had though.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

FilthyImp posted:

That weird pointy alien head but not a head us really, really freaking me out. The loving thing is so fractal.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I was in Austin Texas over the weekend and was immediately hustled over to Juan in a Million to grab breakfast tacos when I got in.

It was probably jet lag combined with the anxiety of being an Asian man flying United, but it was probably the best meal I had ever had in my life.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I see appendages budding off of a main trunk, and imagine them branching of further and further, hidden beneath the cloudforms, until hundreds of threadlike fingers reach down to the groundlevel scraping against trees and buildings as it flows above.

Not going to be what it is at all, but just thinking about what might be hidden beneath the clouds is tantalizing.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

kiimo posted:

so pretty

Oh Amygdala, have mercy on the poor bastards!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

???? Is there a saw 9 coming out or is that an old poster for Saw V?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sockser posted:

???? Is there a saw 9 coming out or is that an old poster for Saw V?

No there's a Jigsaw franchise now