Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pretend like this says the jack word in place of every time it says "back", instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac03kTu6Q28

Ill thank you later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Cavauro posted:

pretend like this says the jack word in place of every time it says "back", instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac03kTu6Q28

Ill thank you later

Your gimmick is confusing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm sorry but yours is appreciable and highly satisfactory

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Jason Whitlock saw Cosby fall off his perch and went, "Oh boy, now I can be the black guy who makes a bunch of money by making GBS threads on black people." I hope him and Charles Barkley spend eternity in hell arguing about which of them hates hip hop more.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Jason Whitlock

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 5, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

sean10mm posted:

Your gimmick is getting old

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jason Whitlock Wins, 30-16! Farewell, Fired and Humiliated Chargers Cheerleaders Jackoff Guard, we barely knew ye.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ive done my job. every mad boy can safely go back to not explicitly seeking out my case for the Security jacker during his matchup against fat guy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tom Brady vs. Jarran Reed

Tom Brady
Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. (born August 3, 1977) is an American football quarterback for the New England Patriots of the National Football League.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Tom Brady for publicly calling his own wife and family breadwinner a liar through a hired goon. Tom Brady for helping to inflict Trump upon us. Tom Brady for being an unrepentant cheater. Tom Brady for bringing joy to the wretched people of Boston.

Tom Brady recently blew another opportunity to clarify that his wife isn't lying, unsurprisingly, because it is still the case in 2017 that admitting football scrambles your brains has serious career repercussions, and nobody is more focused on their career than Tom Brady.

As previously documented, Brady and Trump have been in love forever. More recently, maybe Brady and Trump have gotten a secret divorce, neither willing to repudiate the other publicly because of, again, career repercussions. Of course, Brady's (and the Patriots') prior cheating is outside of this year's consideration, but we may still charge him with letting another year of unrepentence go by. And, as for the wretched people of Boston, we have previously discussed their penchant for pretending to be underdogs while their team dominates its sport for a decade. Tom Brady is surely at least colluding and abetting that situation.

But to me, all of these items merely circle the central problem of Tom Brady, which is that he is a perfect metaphor for America. Consider:
  • America: global superpower with the strongest military. Brady: NFL superpower, with the strongest team.
  • America: cheats a lot, sometimes gets caught, is always defiantly unrepentant about it. Brady: same.
  • America: cloaks itself in a mantle of patriotism. Brady: literally a New England Patriot.
  • America: rich. Brady: rich.
  • America: much more republican than you want to admit. Brady: same.
  • America: probably concussed or something, but just gonna pretend we have a headache and ignore the likelihood of brain damage. Brady: yep.
  • America: has dominated for a long time but is probably in the very last years of its supremacy. Brady: is turning 40 this year and can't possibly keep up this level of performance for long.
  • America: No matter who you are or where you live, completely unavoidable. Tom Brady: same.
All this poo poo adds up to being a massive douchebag, and that really sums it up: Brady is intolerable because he is us, and we are intolerable.

Jarran Reed
Jarran Kentrel Reed (born December 16, 1993) is an American football defensive tackle for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League. He played college football at Alabama, and was selected by the Seahawks in the second round of the 2016 NFL draft.

Jarran Reed is a football player.

seiferguy posted:

Jarran Reed is known for playing dirty (he got ejected once for throwing a punch) and is the subject of a domestic violence investigation from an incident in April.

The ejection:
http://sports.mynorthwest.com/228767/pete-carroll-jarran-reeds-ejection-scuffle-with-frank-clark-was-a-teachable-moment-for-seahawks/

quote:

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll didn’t like how rookie Jarran Reed lost his cool Sunday when he allegedly threw a punch that got him ejected from Seattle’s win over San Francsico.
Unlike cornerback Richard Sherman’s previous outbursts, this was two teammates going after each other, albeit only momentarily. It all unfolded with 5:42 left in the fourth quarter when Reed drew a personal-foul penalty and an ejection following a San Francisco extra point. Clark confronted him as he was walking off the field, pointing in his face and saying something that Reed didn’t seem to want to hear. Clark grabbed Reed by the shoulder pads and the two squared off for a few seconds before teammates separated them.
Television replays showed Reed and San Francisco’s Mike Purcell going after each other following the PAT but not the alleged punch. Referee Tony Corrente didn’t mention one when he announced the personal foul on Reed and his ejection. Carroll said he didn’t see a punch from Reed, “but the official came over and said he threw a haymaker.”

Carroll said Reed got punched first and noted how it’s often the retaliation that gets noticed by officials.

“We’ve seen that for a million years,” Carroll said. “He got punched first, but that’s not OK. That’s not how we perform and play and we’re not going to succeed doing stuff like that.”
Carroll praised center Justin Britt for getting into the middle of the ensuing shoving match to break things up.

The assault:

http://www.king5.com/sports/nfl/seahawks/sources-seahawk-jarran-reed-investigated-for-assault/437977570

quote:

Bellevue Police responded to a complaint from a woman who claimed that Seattle Seahawk Jarran Reed had assaulted her in late April, according to sources close to the Bellevue Police Department.

The alleged incident happened on April 27 at 3 a.m. at a home in Bellevue.

Sources confirm that the domestic violence case is open. Investigators are looking into the claim, and there has still been no determination on if charges will be filed.

I find no news about this other than the initial reports on May 8th/9th of this year, suggesting charges still have not been filed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tom Brady

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

im going to try voting without using bold characters to see if it is counted at the end. Please don't provide spoilers until then

"tom brady"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Tom Brady Not enough information on the domestic violence charge for the other guy.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
T*m Br*dy

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cavauro posted:

im going to try voting without using bold characters to see if it is counted at the end. Please don't provide spoilers until then

"tom brady"

made you look

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Not only is Tom Brady everything I previously said about him, he is also a union member that sides with management, a form of life even lower than scabs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Tom Brady

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Shangri-Law School posted:

Not only is Tom Brady everything I previously said about him, he is also a union member that sides with management, a form of life even lower than scabs.

Oh yeah that reminds me how he "helpfully" moved a big chunk of his compensation off-book, to be maximally friendly to management. E.g. he gets paid by his gym being on campus at the Patriots' playfield, for example. And other poo poo like this. Nothing 100% provable, but the Pats have like $7-$10M per year extra to play with due to the incredibly favorable deals Brady keeps signing.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Zurreco posted:

T*m Br*dy

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Thomas "Never Count Out Touchdown Tom" Brady. I'll save the specifics for a later round. I don't know if I'd say what Reed did was douchey, as much as just normal criminal.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

As much as I'd like to vote for a Seahawk, it can only be Tom Brady.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Tom Brady.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Brady

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me how he "helpfully" moved a big chunk of his compensation off-book, to be maximally friendly to management. E.g. he gets paid by his gym being on campus at the Patriots' playfield, for example. And other poo poo like this. Nothing 100% provable, but the Pats have like $7-$10M per year extra to play with due to the incredibly favorable deals Brady keeps signing.

This also gives the Pats the added bonus of depressing all the other players' wages because no one can get paid more than Tom Brady

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Tom Brady

I never had heard about the Seahawks douchebag until now and I'm a Seahawks fan so gently caress that guy as well

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Some minor stuff versus everything that Brady has done and represents? No contest.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Tom Brady

The one glaring detail I noticed about Reed's altercation was that it was with Frank Clark, who is a bigger piece of poo poo.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Keith Atherton posted:

Tom Brady

I never had heard about the Seahawks douchebag until now and I'm a Seahawks fan so gently caress that guy as well

He was our 2nd overall pick last year, and started almost every game at DT :confused:

Anyway, voting Tom Brady because goddamn.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright no need to drag this out, with a unanimous decision, Tom Brady wins 32-0.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

For our final match of the first round, we have: Dean Spanos & Family vs. Ryan Pace

Dean Spanos & Family
Dean Alexander Spanos (born May 26, 1950) is the team president and CEO of the National Football League's Los Angeles Chargers franchise, in which his father, owner Alex Spanos, purchased majority interest in 1984.

According to Forbes, in 2016 the Spanos family was worth $2.4B.

Meet the filthy rich Spanos clan

Grittybeard posted:

I nominate Dean Spanos for attempting to hold a city hostage, for screwing his first round draft pick for the pettiest poo poo in his contract, and for being Dean Spanos.

Zurreco posted:

Dean Spanos for an infinite number of reasons holy poo poo I can't begin the list because it's so loving deep. Spanos is going to probably win so I'll leave this short.

aperion posted:

Just so no one forgets details months down the line:
-relocated a franchise to a market that doesn't want them
-fired their defensive coordinator via social media
-they spent a year on this?
-got their asses kicked in negotiating to use a 27k-seat stadium...by MLS
-relocated the same year LaDanian Tomlinson is eligible for the Hall of Fame, making that one awkward. Less of a douchey move, more douchey timing. Wait, no it's still both.
-burned every last bridge with San Diego and its fans in the process.

The Spanoses like to pretend the city of San Diego didn't want them, but that's a lie. SD was willing to help them with a new stadium built on the site of the old stadium... but that just wasn't good enough, Dean wanted his new stadium where he wanted it, and wasn't willing to compromise on that at all.

Ryan Pace
Ryan Chauncey Pace (born c. 1977) is the general manager for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He previously worked in the New Orleans Saints' front office for 14 years.

Zurreco posted:

Ryan Pace for actively and visibly trying to blow this year's draft. Knowing that he was on his way out, Pace refused to resign a bunch of good existing players, traded away a lot of the team's future picks to move up one (ONE) spot (that wasn't under contention) to pick up an unproven rookie QB after signing a veteran to a long deal, and using three of his remaining four draft picks to select players from lower division teams. He won't win, but gently caress Pace.

LOL yeah that was... well, a lot of people assume it was just Pace being super bad and stupid. I dunno, maybe it was deliberate? The Bears trade up from #3 to #2 to grab Trubisky is usually discussed from the perspective of whether or not SF would have taken Trubisky instead; they would not have. But that's the wrong view: it should be seen from the perspective that SF was auctioning off its #2 pick to the highest bidder, and the Bears, wanting Trub, had to outbid all other teams willing to trade up to that spot to take him. The number of teams willing to do that had to be zero in order for the Bears to be sure of getting Trubisky at #3.

Of course, it is also dependent on the question of whether the Bears should have taken Trub at all, or the decision to trade that much draft equity just to be certain of grabbing him. I'm in the camp that says no way; there were (and still are) free agent QBs available to get Chicago through a season that is unquestionably about rebuilding, and if they really wanted a rookie QB, there were plenty of others on the board. They could have offered a small amount to SF to trade up, and then if they got outbid for the pick, just dealt with maybe not getting Trubisky. A rebuilding team needs lots of draft picks, and SF showed exactly how you do that: you trade down for more picks, pack your team with lots of rookie prospects, and try to grab more picks for 2018 too.

So regardless, Ryan Pace hosed up the Bears draft, yeah. Was it deliberate? I kind of doubt it, but then I tend to adhere to the aphorism "Never subscribe to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Zurreco posted:

Dean Spanos for an infinite number of reasons holy poo poo I can't begin the list because it's so loving deep. Spanos is going to probably win so I'll leave this short.

gg end fast

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
gently caress Dean Spanos and his ilk now and forever

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

gently caress Dean Spanos and his ilk

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Spanos because what Pace did was good as hell

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot Diggity! posted:

Spanos because what Pace did was good as hell

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Seriously, team stealing fuckbag owners should get an automatic final 4 berth on principle. From a pure fan of the sport perspective it's the ultimate bottomless douchebottle move.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Spanos family win pretty handily. Pace saved the Browns from Mitchell Trub-Trub.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Spanos.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Spanos is a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU