Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Mods are asleep, time to post my balls

Stop being dumbs and posting bad poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

History Comes Inside! posted:

To make Sandi seem attainable to lonely nerds, if you're kind of a creeper.

To avoid being accused of blatant nepotism, if you're a more sensible person.

i think it's because sandi is deeply ashamed of having slept with a giant human toe

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheAgent posted:

guys remember ULTIMA and CRUSADER I did those two isometric, sprite based single player games and now after a 20 year absence I'm working on a massively multiplayer game that can hold 1,000 players in an instance, all with twitch based combat and realistic physics

its called STAR CITIZEN, made by my friend and leader at DIGITAL ANVIL, CHRIS ROBERTS, who also hired his wife SANDI ROBERTS and his brother ERIN ROBERTS and me, TONY ZUROVEC, and our long time lawyer friend ORTWIN FREYERMUTH

check it out, our progress is amazing!
The best part is how over the years his role in Crusader has inflated from being the technical director and lead programmer to being the designer and creator of it.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Liu posted:

did the reason roberts and sandi lied about being married ever come to life? why did they do that
No, this way leads to the dark side. They're a happy couple who are going to live happily ever after on nerd-church donations and that's all that matters.

Kromlech fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 6, 2017

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Percelus posted:

i think it's because sandi is deeply ashamed of having slept with a giant human toe
I bet Chris is all grabby-hands in bed

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kelp Me! posted:

Hey guys have you read my infamous July Blog???? Here it is again, just in case you missed my last post about my July Blog!!!!

I didn't know you also had a July blog. Though I think it is part of the unwritten rules of posting here. You need to either:

Write a July blog.

Read a July blog.

Whichever suits you, but id love to see your July blog as well. I hope it is dense and self-referencing. Also when you reference, be sure to use the approved method: (1, 2, 3) with links on the numbers.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

TheAgent posted:

guys remember ULTIMA and CRUSADER I did those two isometric, sprite based single player games and now after a 20 year absence I'm working on a massively multiplayer game that can hold 1,000 players in an instance, all with twitch based combat and realistic physics

its called STAR CITIZEN, made by my friend and leader at DIGITAL ANVIL, CHRIS ROBERTS, who also hired his wife SANDI ROBERTS and his brother ERIN ROBERTS and me, TONY ZUROVEC, and our long time lawyer friend ORTWIN FREYERMUTH

Tony Zurovec is defo the Michael Gove of the project.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

You have no idea what this video does to me because of the high pitched cheeps the furry guys are using.

Though it would be funny if somebody replaced this video with one where the furries sound like normal people and Chris Roberts is cheeping. It could be the audio equivalent of hand waving.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
close the thread until something happens

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Space Crabs posted:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jobbo_Fett posted:

DON'T LIKE TROLLS JUST IGNORE THEM

NO I WON'T IGNORE DEREK SMART I HOPE I GURGLE HIS COCK IN HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

This looks painful, friend. I'd suggest against this line of thought. :)

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

You have no idea what this video does to me because of the high pitched cheeps the furry guys are using.

Though it would be funny if somebody replaced this video with one where the furries sound like normal people and Chris Roberts is cheeping. It could be the audio equivalent of hand waving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AJ9d6A2Yk

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

My cat didn't like it one bit i can tell you that. She looked at me like, "where is the thing i'm supposed to kill?"

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE

D_Smart posted:

Happy July Blog Day everyone!!

On this day two years ago, I wrote the Interstellar Citizens blog which sparked a massive debacle (which is still raging) over the project's viability and promise. To mark this occasion, I have added an update (scroll to the bottom) of where things stand, to my How I Got Involved article.

Enjoy!

Its 2017 and Dr Smarts july blog has received more updates in the past year than Star Citizen

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent posted:

Is it actually this bad with Tony Z? I feel completely out of the loop on programming after ignoring C++ coding for 24 months to focus on network security.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Space Crabs posted:

Good bye old friends, see ya around 2019.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

Is it actually this bad with Tony Z? I feel completely out of the loop on programming after ignoring C++ coding for 24 months to focus on network security.
his last credited released game was 1996

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
he worked at digital anvil but wasn't credited on freelancer or starlancer or any of their other projects

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Titanic posted:

I didn't know you also had a July blog. Though I think it is part of the unwritten rules of posting here. You need to either:

Write a July blog.

Read a July blog.

Whichever suits you, but id love to see your July blog as well. I hope it is dense and self-referencing. Also when you reference, be sure to use the approved method: (1, 2, 3) with links on the numbers.

I'll show you my July blog if you show me yours.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent posted:

his last credited released game was 1996

I had no idea. Wow.

:ughh:

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

Is it actually this bad with Tony Z?
No it's great, look at how well star citizen's persistent universe is progressing under his steadfast leadership.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Go on.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

I had no idea. Wow.

:ughh:
lol every single person involved with this is truly and heartbreaking inept

the upper management is full of origin old timers that haven't pushed out a game in 15 years, leading a host of intern level programmers straight out of school

most of the new hires are straight up hardcore backers, because the CIG brand in the industry is a poisonous laughingstock

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
when Derek is finally hired he will change his tune 100% and there will be many pics of Chris and Derek having a grand old time with backer money

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
reddit will quickly and quietly shut down r/derksmart as Derek is proclaimed persistent universe director

some backers will request refunds, only to be called out by name on Derek's Twitter

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

reddit will quickly and quietly shut down r/derksmart as Derek is proclaimed persistent universe director

some backers will request refunds, only to be called out by name on Derek's Twitter

Can you, in a drunken stupor, give us your opinion of the end game?

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

https://oddshot.tv/s/QIGQJL

Thanks leddit

VealCutlet fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 7, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that is unnecessarily large

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

It's 4K poo poo again.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can you, in a drunken stupor, give us your opinion of the end game?
I need at least 3 more shots of tequila to qualify, I will post again after I shoot those

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I didn't eat all day and I'm now stuffing chips and salsa into my fat maw, washing the delicious down with Pacifico on tap and tequila shots

I am a healthy adult American male

God bless Chris Roberts

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I didn't eat all day and I'm now stuffing chips and salsa into my fat maw, washing the delicious down with Pacifico on tap and tequila shots

I am a healthy adult American male

God bless Chris Roberts

What do they charge for a shot of Patron Silver?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

TheAgent posted:

lol every single person involved with this is truly and heartbreaking inept

the upper management is full of origin old timers that haven't pushed out a game in 15 years, leading a host of intern level programmers straight out of school

most of the new hires are straight up hardcore backers, because the CIG brand in the industry is a poisonous laughingstock

Erin Roberts was at least pushing out a decent production line of games in the recent past, LEGO games, I think?

What's Brian Chambers' situation? I know nothing about him except that he's high up on the German office's totem pole.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

quote:

The VOLGA that make funds to replace the counter on Star Citizen. Is Roberte know? Yes,I believe yes in ways god should know about what happen with a man company. VOLGA German that are not German to anY German,thief and liar criminal. This Russian make German but always Russian. Bitcoin processed into shioppy,money to ship,back to VOLGA in money,drugs women murder Star Citizen. Continues. Refund and private sale ships,look any of them big sales VOLGA,ALL criminal VOLGA. I am sad to sale them but they revoke paypal,keep everything VOLGA ship and money,all. Can Roberte do my finances and look Sri all ties to organization?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

What do they charge for a shot of Patron Silver?
why would I drink that, cazadores all the way

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

TheAgent posted:

Pacifico on tap

gently caress you, now I want pacifico

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thoatse posted:

:wink:

How can a girl resist this kind of opportunity?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This must be the elusive Potty Sitting Man who is longing for more space toilet selfies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

why would I drink that, cazadores all the way

Eh, just getting a base price on your shots. Check your PM. I redacted some of the info in the payment receipt but think of it as going to a good cause that counters the tequila. I appreciate your posting.