Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

I dunno what you guys do with your headsets that make them bust apart but I've had a set of the gold's since they were released and they are in the same fully functioning state they were in when I took them out of the box 3(?) years or so ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Do you use them at all or are they behind glass?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive had a pair of pulse elites for like 3 years now and they are still not broken. i have used them for hundreds of hours at this point.

i generally dont rip them off my head like an animal.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

here we go again

5 pages of people talking about their pos gold's headband breaking after a week and the rest talking about how it's their dog's chew toy and has lasted fine for five years wtf are you savages doing to your headset

also some people may or may not have a big or small head

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

says the guy who probably has more posts about headphones in this thread than everyone else put together

dont click on the thread for the next 5 pages if it upsets you so much

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Regardless of their physical durability, I don't know what I could have done to prevent both (2) of my Pulse Elite headsets from turning into blinking paperweights because they stopped pairing.

The HyperX Cloud IIs people recommended in this thread are really good and are still going strong after more than a year. They also came with actual useful accessories and an actual quality microphone

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Here's the part in the headphone chat where I recommend buying a good pair of headphones and a good mic separately, instead of plasticy gamer junk, okay bye

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where u at Stux?

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Can someone please rate the Dark Souls games? Demons Souls and Bloodborne also count.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Can someone please rate the Dark Souls games? Demons Souls and Bloodborne also count.

10/10

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I want to see a really happy Dark Souls game set in a colorful anime world.

Edit: I am not even kidding. At least for now my interest in dark games is at an all time low, but I still like that gameplay.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Demons souls 9
Dark souls 1 10
Dark souls 2 7 SOTFS 8
Dark Souls 3 9
Bloodborne 11

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't know about anime, but Knack 2 looks pretty colorful

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

1: 5fast 2 Soul5
2. Dark Souls 8:the secret of Donkey Kong's Mom's hairy hole.
3. Dark Souls 17: Super Souls Force Xpl0de-Can I Have the Dream?
36. Dark Souls 2

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

In best to worst imo

Bloodborne
Dark Souls
Crash N. Sane Trilogy
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 3
Dark Souls 2

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Awesome! posted:

says the guy who probably has more posts about headphones in this thread than everyone else put together

dont click on the thread for the next 5 pages if it upsets you so much

ya I like headphones

But we all know the headband for the golds is hit or miss. Sucks if it broke the first day for you

(fwiw I had golds that I sold which were heavily used and showed no signs of wear)

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I want to see a really happy Dark Souls game set in a colorful anime world.

Edit: I am not even kidding. At least for now my interest in dark games is at an all time low, but I still like that gameplay.

Crash Bandicoot is apparently new Dark Souls so have at!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Wow, didn't know I would trigger so many people. Just figured I'd pass along that the nice gray blue UC4 edition are in stock still at GameStop and being sold for less than the standard ones.

veni veni veni posted:

Did you make sure to pick up a roll of duct tape with it?

Haha, I have tons of electrical tape about. I did think about saran wrapping them as a prevention since I don't need them to fold ever and they will hang from a headphone hook on my desk when not in use.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

here we go again

5 pages of people talking about their pos gold's headband breaking after a week and the rest talking about how it's their dog's chew toy and has lasted fine for five years wtf are you savages doing to your headset

also some people may or may not have a big or small head

Well, I have a pretty big head, so will see how they hold up. Don't intend on folding them up or tossing them around like some people do. As much as I think other people take care of their poo poo, I have seen enough cruddy used controllers and whatnot at thrift shops and out in the wild to know a large chunk of people are gross and abuse their poo poo.

That said, I did have a pair of bluetooth headphones that I literally just put down on my desk to take a phone call from my desk phone and when I picked the headphones back up, the headband was snapped and no amount of tape/glue could get them to hold correctly again enough to keep the left earphone against my ear. So you never know I guess.

homeless snail posted:

Here's the part in the headphone chat where I recommend buying a good pair of headphones and a good mic separately, instead of plasticy gamer junk, okay bye

Been there, done that, it isn't preferable to do. The surround sound on my XP510's sounds much better than stereo on my ATMH50 + mic + headphone/mic splitter from the DS4. I'd gladly pay the $99 I paid for my refurbished XP510's back in the day over using my more expensive headphones and a separate mic. Especially with all the monitoring and noise cancellation that the gaming headphones have for their mic. As well as sound profiles. But, to each their own.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Morby posted:

I can count on 1 hand how many Souls bosses took me as many tries as Ripper Roo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FireMrshlBill posted:

Wow, didn't know I would trigger so many people. Just figured I'd pass along that the nice gray blue UC4 edition are in stock still at GameStop and being sold for less than the standard ones.

Haha, I have tons of electrical tape about. I did think about saran wrapping them as a prevention since I don't need them to fold ever and they will hang from a headphone hook on my desk when not in use.

I actually like them, they just aren't built well. I don't regret paying $100 for them. They just fell to pieces about a week after the warranty was up. Not really even a huge deal if you don't mind them looking super ghetto from being taped up. The headband is just built like poo poo.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Morby posted:

How many invulnerability frames does Crash have after that spinny attack thing?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I actually like them, they just aren't built well. I don't regret paying $100 for them. They just fell to pieces about a week after the warranty was up. Not really even a huge deal if you don't mind them looking super ghetto from being taped up. The headband is just built like poo poo.

Ya, I have read that. Seems like they could have spent $0.10 on extra plastic or something to reinforce the hinge and prevent that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FireMrshlBill posted:

Ya, I have read that. Seems like they could have spent $0.10 on extra plastic or something to reinforce the hinge and prevent that.

The hinges are part of it, but it's really the whole thing. I posted this the other day. There are similar cracks to the visible one under the white tape. People can cry abuse, but I've always taken care of them and I don't even have a big head.

And here they are in ghetto, but (hopefully) permanently fixed state. Took a stainless steel ruler and bent it into a headphone shape, taped it on, and made a pad out of an old sock because the tape squashed that foam one flat. They honestly feel sturdier than when they were new.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Holy poo poo, wow. Good hack though. As long as they fit snug, that is all that really matters. I'd definitely be more pissed about these gray blue UC4 ones breaking and having to fix than I would with plain black ones I could just black electrical tape back up.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how did you tear the headband material

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It wasn't torn. It just separated from the plastic slowly until it was completely hanging off.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I thought people talking about Knack 2 was a joke. They're actually making it hahahaha nice

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Apparently it's gonna have sick Fist if the North Star style combat.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

How many invulnerability frames does Crash have after that spinny attack thing?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/874389504156618752

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What did all those ordinary humans do to make the magic shapechanging monster thing angry anyway?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

i give them an a-, no bandicoots, but they do have a decent amount of guns

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2B6VVP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_ZWUxzb327HD24 these Sades are my favorite headsets I've ever used. I've gone through two golds in two years of owning a PS4.

RainWorld is hard but I like it.

I have 15 dollars to spend on PS4 games but I already have started Hitman Which I'm two destination in now, and Gravity Rush 2 (I've just been reunited with Raven and Cece in Hexville I imagine I'm getting close to the end.

But then I've also not even started:

Yakuza 0
Rise & Shine
Headlander
Inside
A Night in the Woods
Crypt of the Necrodancer

It's my own fault for playing Uncharted 4 multiplayer during my gaming time, but the goon company, though small, is good.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I paid $20 on these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014P45UZ6?ref_=mw_olp_product_details

They've been perfectly fine as headphones and a mic; if you aren't serious about your headset then I think you can afford to stray from the Sony brand.

Game chat: I'd be more into Rain World if it was a) less inscrutable and b) there weren't more scrutable games available to me.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I've owned my gold headphones since launch and use them almost everyday. They are in mint condition and my only complaint was figuring out L/R in low lighting. I still have my PS3 headphones but I noticed the foam has flattened.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I really miss my little earpiece that came with my ps4. I liked it because I could just wear it under headphones. The mic quality on the $15 headset I got at walmart is better, but I can't wear it with headphones, so I play the rear end in a top hat dance of calibrating my mic sensitivity and surround sound volume.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Snak posted:

I really miss my little earpiece that came with my ps4. I liked it because I could just wear it under headphones. The mic quality on the $15 headset I got at walmart is better, but I can't wear it with headphones, so I play the rear end in a top hat dance of calibrating my mic sensitivity and surround sound volume.

i'll send you mine free

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

i'll send you mine free

Nah, don't worry about it. Thanks, though.

I don't have the same audio setup I had before and don't have blutooth headphones, so what I have is fine.

I'm just annoyed that my ex-roommate either accidentally threw it away or vacuumed it up.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Have you checked out the PS vita headphones? They were like $10. Went up to$30 or so. Can find them in packaging on eBay for cheap tho iirc

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

SamuraiPaul posted:

Gravity Rush 2 (I've just been reunited with Raven and Cece in Hexville I imagine I'm getting close to the end.

You're not even in the final third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Add me to the list the people the headsheet broke after a few months and had to duct tape it. I am already in my 3th or 4th. I am the type of person that never have problems with his hardware breaking.