Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

How do I go back to playing other classes after reaper? Reaper just face rolls and is fun while doing it. I can't help but go back to play other classes and feel a bit underwhelmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
It is in my opinion that Reaper has the best balance in the sense of you can have a set-and-forget build that you will enjoy in every game mode.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hmmm maybe I should give reaper a try then, since i want something more durable and kind of bored with Ranger.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I finally got all HoT hero points for my reaper so someone post a condi build for me. Also what gear should I use before I get viper because lol it's going to take me a long time to get viper.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
You can run condi reaper with sinister. If you did the s2 achievements, you should have a full set of sinister trinks.

For build, I think its curses, the shroud line traits to max DS uptime, and reaper traits that focus on chill -> bleed.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Rakeris posted:

How do I go back to playing other classes after reaper? Reaper just face rolls and is fun while doing it. I can't help but go back to play other classes and feel a bit underwhelmed.

Exactly how I feel.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I finally got all HoT hero points for my reaper so someone post a condi build for me. Also what gear should I use before I get viper because lol it's going to take me a long time to get viper.

Anything with condi as a primary stat, though for the longest time I was using zerker.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

A good way for viper (or any other ascended) trinkets is living story 3 maps, racking up map currencies isn't too bad, especially if you got many alts for winterberry farming.

For armor - if you're going for ascended - craft something else and then stat-swap.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nah I'll just get exotic armour, I don't even have full ascended on my main guardian. Thanks dudes.

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008
full exo viper is really not bad at all!
you can get it in less than 1h and it does not cost that much
method : buy all the recipes (they are cheap on TP) then craft it.
all accessories are in exo are also craftable except the backpack but the backpack could be a rampager + a exquisite jeweled black diamond socketed in.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

treizebee posted:

It is in my opinion that Reaper has the best balance in the sense of you can have a set-and-forget build that you will enjoy in every game mode.

I do the living world updates with one of my Reapers because it's the only character that doesn't take much concentration to keep alive. i tried doing the living story stuff with a mesmer and elementalist and it was like work, so Reaper it is.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I did something stupid and got full exotic vipers by farming HoT storymode. Trust me when I say this, just get the ascended armor. It's not worth taking alts through HoT.

Also ascended armor actually benefits 4 stat armor types, as opposed to the really pathetic boost 3 stat armor types get. I mean it's still not necessary, I just used that as an excuse to get the ascended armor in the first place.

Edit:

Oh yeah, crafting exo vipers isn't horrible anymore. Nevermind then!

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008
The only thing behind some sort of currency is to get the viper exo insigna & inscription i think that's 600 aurilium (Auric Basin currency) for both or maybe per can't remember that for sure.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Atari teenager posted:

The only thing behind some sort of currency is to get the viper exo insigna & inscription i think that's 600 aurilium (Auric Basin currency) for both or maybe per can't remember that for sure.

I think I got it from the Heroics vendor in WvW.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

...someone post a condi build for me.

I think you'll find some helpful links in the OP, sir.

:smuggo:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Fifteen of Many posted:

Hoisted by my own petard

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Are there any recommended stat options for people who just do world events and soloing mostly? I see plenty of people using zerker/viper for pve and some marauder stuff for pvp/wvw but was unsure what my best bet is gonna be for solo content. Maybe it doesn't matter, just curious if there was a stat line that people found useful. I'm never sure how the defensive stats in this game stack up but as a newly 80 thief working my way through the personal storyline I am occasionally just falling over at a slight breeze.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

graynull posted:

Are there any recommended stat options for people who just do world events and soloing mostly? I see plenty of people using zerker/viper for pve and some marauder stuff for pvp/wvw but was unsure what my best bet is gonna be for solo content. Maybe it doesn't matter, just curious if there was a stat line that people found useful. I'm never sure how the defensive stats in this game stack up but as a newly 80 thief working my way through the personal storyline I am occasionally just falling over at a slight breeze.

I run around open world PvE on my Ele in Cleric gear with Celestial trinkets. The Marauder armor with Rune of Durability (requires some work in Auric Basin) is great too since it doubles as WvW armor.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Thanks for the raid kills tonight! First two ever, VG and Cairn. Great fights, great team. Here's to more successful kills.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I didn't get a screenshot and my Shadowplay clip is useless, but the VG model just glitched out and he was lying there on the ground for like 30 seconds taking a nap. Thanks Colin.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I didn't get a screenshot and my Shadowplay clip is useless, but the VG model just glitched out and he was lying there on the ground for like 30 seconds taking a nap. Thanks Colin.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Huh, I feel like I shouldn't be able to see dps from people that don't have the meter installed. But I'm not gonna complain.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Fifteen of Many posted:

P sure that OP is terribly out of date.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Eltoasto posted:

Hmmm maybe I should give reaper a try then, since i want something more durable and kind of bored with Ranger.

Reaper is very durable you pretty much have 2 health bars and one of them fills up very quickly, plus minions. I have had more fun with reaper than any of the other classes. But it kind of spoils you as it's so good and you can solo crazy amounts of stuff.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Rakeris posted:

Reaper is very durable you pretty much have 2 health bars and one of them fills up very quickly, plus minions. I have had more fun with reaper than any of the other classes. But it kind of spoils you as it's so good and you can solo crazy amounts of stuff.

Yeah I made one last night and stuffed it with Viper's gear. Figured even if I didn't like it, it would be a nice fractal or raid character to have handy. Did some open world and HoT zone stuff and really enjoyed it. Still learning how to play it efficiently, but with those spring rolls you get 30s of swiftness on a kill and that was my primary worry.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

GW2 hired a dude!

quote:

Former Ubisoft Montreal creative director Jason VandenBerghe has been appointed the new director of design at Guild Wars developer ArenaNet.

New project to go along with GW2 expansions?

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.
Okay guys I got my new HyperX gaming cat and I'm ready to raid on monday.

Edit: had to resize the photo because I've never done an attachment on here before. Whoops.

SkullMuffinz fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 8, 2017

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

SkullMuffinz posted:

Okay guys I got my new HyperX gaming cat and I'm ready to raid on Monday.

Edit: had to resize the photo because I've never done an attachment on here before. Whoops.

Okay apparently I'm an idiot babbi man who can't figure out how to attach a file to an edit so here's my poo poo post that I was trying to make originally.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
That cat clearly doesn't know how to wear headphones. And loves sleeping on a bed of trollis.

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

Wait are you saying your ears aren't on your butte?

Also trollis are the best, and anyone who disagrees can deal with it. :colbert:

And by deal I mean have a perfectly valid opinion.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Aww, what a sweetie kitty. :3:

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

GW2 hired a dude!

New project to go along with GW2 expansions?

Now with more Cane Swords.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
GW2 already has Vistas, so I'm not sure what new creative ideas he could offer.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

SkullMuffinz posted:

Also trollis are the best, and anyone who disagrees can deal with it. :colbert:

I'll see your trollis and raise you

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
tbh I kind want to raid more than just on mondays and thursdays. it's a lot of fun.

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I'd have to agree, as someone on the babbi raid team I'm finding I really enjoy raiding. In GW2 anyway.

Also, there's Thursday raids?

Edit: I will concede Haribo has the best bears, but Trolli has the best worms.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

dps meter is good for raiding because you can see how much of a deadweight i am

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

SkullMuffinz posted:

Also, there's Thursday raids?

There has been for a long time now! It's a casual late night raid, I started it because the existing raid timeslots didn't work at all for me and other casual players, and we wanted to see the content. Make sure you read the SFD MotD, it has all applicable times and info, and use our forums as well which have tons of raid info :)

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

Shoot I must have missed that, I'll definitely reread the MotD when I get home from work and see if I can join that some time (assuming there's room) !

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

SkullMuffinz posted:

Shoot I must have missed that, I'll definitely reread the MotD when I get home from work and see if I can join that some time (assuming there's room) !

It's not a set group, other than someone like Cletus or Soma or JM to hold our hands through it! So show up around that time and hopefully we can squeeze you in :) Unfortunately raids are inflexible on some class requirements, like druids/PS warriors/condi for VG/etc, so worst case I'll bow out that night so you can experience the content since that's the whole point of the Thurs night raid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
They put an FPS designer in an MMO designer role? Hmm... okay. :confused:

• Locked thread