Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Basebf555 posted:

I forget the explanation for why the deadliest guy on the whole ship is the cook but I don't think they dwell on that point for very long.

He is an extreme psychopath. He hates officers. He hates America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Basebf555 posted:

I forget the explanation for why the deadliest guy on the whole ship is the cook but I don't think they dwell on that point for very long.

I think it's something like he was a Navy SEAL who disobeyed orders to kill orphans or maybe was forced to retire to be too badass, but still wanted to serve the seamen.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

He was undercover.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jji78uEW14

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
That's right I do remember now, thanks. A psychotic, undercover ex-Navy Seal who retired because he was too badass and he hated officers and America but loved orphans. How could I forget.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Basebf555 posted:

That's right I do remember now, thanks. A psychotic, undercover ex-Navy Seal who retired because he was too badass and he hated officers and America but loved orphans. How could I forget.

It's amazing because it's a progression of every lie he has told about his supposedly badass past in one character. The loving kids part ended up being true though. :barf:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

It's amazing because it's a progression of every lie he has told about his supposedly badass past in one character. The loving kids part ended up being true though. :barf:

On Deadly Ground (the one he directed) had his backstory being the other thing he constantly lied about, the whole "trained CIA agents to kill."

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Basebf555 posted:

Lost his security clearance for reason unspecified, only ratings he could hold without one were as a yeoman or a cook. Which is not actually true, you do need one for yeoman and there are a bunch of other ratings that don't need one. But maybe "Casey Ryback, Dental Technician" wouldn't work as well on film.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
drat HBOGO is the place to be for a Seagal-fest, they have like 5 of his movies. I'm watching Above the Law right now and man, he really does gently caress people up in this movie. The thing that pisses him off happens before the credits are even over(lol) and he's just pissed from that point on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix has (or had) a lot of his latter day stuff. The movies where he refuses to show up for anything but a close up and everything else is a double.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

muscles like this! posted:

Netflix has (or had) a lot of his latter day stuff. The movies where he refuses to show up for anything but a close up and everything else is a double.

Hahaha wait seriously?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Steven Seagal: Lawman TV show was super entertaining to watch. Not because it's good or anything, but because it's unintentionally hilarious.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Hahaha wait seriously?

Recently he played a sniper character, so basically his character just sits on his rear end the whole movie.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Ten years ago or so, I was at a grocery store and they had cases of his energy drink. They were 4 for a buck. I was getting supplies for a weekend at a cabin, so I figured, hey this is perfect! I bought an absurd amount of them. As soon as they were chilled, I cracked one open. They were so loving vile. You have no idea how gross they were. Never tasted anything like that in my life. I hate him forever because of that. gently caress you Steven Segal.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Holy poo poo, is that where "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" got Thunder Muscle from?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

It's possible.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Ten years ago or so, I was at a grocery store and they had cases of his energy drink. They were 4 for a buck. I was getting supplies for a weekend at a cabin, so I figured, hey this is perfect! I bought an absurd amount of them. As soon as they were chilled, I cracked one open. They were so loving vile. You have no idea how gross they were. Never tasted anything like that in my life. I hate him forever because of that. gently caress you Steven Segal.

I feel like this was one of those drinks made from that fungus that turns ants into zombies.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Holy poo poo, is that where "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" got Thunder Muscle from?

Probably not specifically but there's a fuckload of really gross "energy drinks" out there.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There was a time where buying energy drinks from the dollar store was dicey as hell.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
There was a time before Nos. Dark times.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Even now every once in a while some teen's heart will explode from drinking 10 Monsters.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Oh god thanks for the trigger warning you rear end in a top hat. I found those at Big Lots and how could I not buy them?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Even now every once in a while some teen's heart will explode from drinking 10 Monsters.

I just can't help but think of the tv news guy who did two (2) four loko originals as a puff piece and had to be hospitalized.

I know it was mostly the alcohol but the ER guys were acting like he'd been on a speedball binge, which I guess in a way he had been but sheesh.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I will third that those are bottom two on energy drinks I've ever had and the only thing lower ate through my throat and left me choking on blood.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

What type of racist flavoring is Asian Experience?

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Soy sauce

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

Seagal had this thing where he never wanted to be seen looking like he was struggling in a 1on1 fight, didn't matter if it was some thug in the first 5 minutes of the movie or the big bad villain at the very end. Typically in his movies the villain never stands a chance against him in an actual physical confrontation.

Out For Justice is notorious for this. I had a friend clue me in that the bar brawl is entirely provoked by Seagal's character. He just waltzes in, starts smashing up the place and then starts assaulting patrons. That final fight makes me feel sorry for Forsythe's character, because he never even lays a punch on him, it's just non-stop getting dunked on by Seagal. Even with Forsythe's character is a psychopathic murderer, that fight makes him sympathetic in a Falling Down "he had a really bad day" way.

Then there's that scene in On Deadly Ground (or is it Fire Down Below?) where he gets into a slapfight with Mike Starr and cures him of his racism.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Asian Experience tasted like sun-bleached flat Mountain Dew, Cherry whatever was like cough syrup, and allegedly it came in a root beer flavor neither I nor anyone I've ever known claimed to have seen sold.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

END ME SCOOB posted:

the only thing lower ate through my throat and left me choking on blood.

:stonk: is that an exaggeration

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jose Oquendo posted:

Holy poo poo. Not only do they use Classic (notfat) Segal, the damned faces on the bottom of the can Viggo the Carpathian you as you look between them.

So the mystery ingredient in those involves Gojiberry, which is like magic Kung Fu mangosteen or whatever. I remember because a local radio station was making fun of those horrible drinks and they couldn't get past how damned funny Gojiberry sounded.
Also I have his CD and the music isn't terrible so he should have quit and become a folk country performer.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

My peak Steven Seagal moment is the morgue scene from The Glimmer Man.

I'm on mobile right now and I can't check it, but this one might be it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EuhFdhS3NXc (NSFW cuz it has titties if it's actually the scene)

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 7, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

My favourite thing about Steven Seagal is that Run the Jewels' El-P loves him because he's a sack of poo poo human. The whole interview is about Steven Seagal and it's incredible.

http://www.avclub.com/article/run-jewels-brutality-music-and-magic-steven-seagal-212268

quote:

El-P: What you have to understand is that Steven Seagal isn’t about being a good action hero. He’s always about being a complete loving rear end in a top hat. That’s, like, his duty. The thing about Out For Justice—also the first Steven Seagal movie where he’s just clearly getting fat, which I love because he didn’t wear sleeves the entire time, so he just had flabby arms and kind of a pot belly? The most classic poo poo about that movie was—and I actually wrote a piece of fan fiction about this.

AVC: Really?

El-P: Yeah, I did. I wrote a piece of fan fiction from the perspective of Sticks, who if you remember, when he went into the bar...

AVC: The guy with the pool cues.

El-P: That’s right. And they were like, “Sticks!” I mean, the whole phenomenon of some Asian dude who’s a ninja who uses pool cues so much that they call him Sticks, that he’s just on call for any time there’s ever any beef, and this guy just waits around all day long and doesn’t do anything until someone comes in like Steven Seagal, and then they say “Sticks!” and he has to fight Steven Seagal. Of course, he doesn’t realize Steven Seagal is going to put a pool ball in a loving sock or a loving towel and mercilessly smash everybody’s teeth in. I just love Steven Seagal for his pure—his perspective on what being a hero is just a purely evil, cruel perspective.

KM: You know what I took from that scene? That I could really put a pool ball in a sock and beat the poo poo out of somebody with it.

El-P: Yup, yup. That’s an important lesson.

KM: That was the significance I got from it. Thank you, Steven Seagal.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

:stonk: is that an exaggeration

No. There was a recording at one point and I did not keep it.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There was a time where buying energy drinks from the dollar store was dicey as hell.

Buying a bottle of Vitamin C tablets from the Dollar Store was a strong lesson in misplaced faith.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Young Freud posted:

where he gets into a slapfight with Mike Starr and cures him of his racism.

What can change the nature of a man?

This loving film :o:

I think of all the Seagal films, Marked for Death is my favourite; it's just on the cusp of 80s action movies and the bad guy has an excellent taste in Christmas sweaters.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Are there Steven Seagal movies that break the naming trend where STEVEN SEAGAL (hidden word "IS") MOVIE TITLE?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Holy poo poo. Not only do they use Classic (notfat) Segal, the damned faces on the bottom of the can Viggo the Carpathian you as you look between them.

So the mystery ingredient in those involves Gojiberry, which is like magic Kung Fu mangosteen or whatever. I remember because a local radio station was making fun of those horrible drinks and they couldn't get past how damned funny Gojiberry sounded.
Also I have his CD and the music isn't terrible so he should have quit and become a folk country performer.

I drank a ton of that poo poo. Where's my magic Kung Fu powers.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

My favourite thing about Steven Seagal is that Run the Jewels' El-P loves him because he's a sack of poo poo human. The whole interview is about Steven Seagal and it's incredible.

http://www.avclub.com/article/run-jewels-brutality-music-and-magic-steven-seagal-212268

I cannot tell you how many times I've watched that scene and I never saw him put a pool ball in that thing. He does it so quickly, it looks like he just folded a wet dish towel in a particular way that somehow makes it lethal. The ridiculous sound effects didn't help.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jose Oquendo posted:

I drank a ton of that poo poo. Where's my magic Kung Fu powers.

"Whoa, I have diabetes." -Jose Oquendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Y'all haven't talked about my favorite Segal story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cUNU8GkMso

The Tobolowsky Files episode on it goes more in depth.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 7, 2017

• Locked thread