Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Did anyone actually read the gif guy's apology where he admits to being literally addicted to trolling? lol

I just read it and lmao he basically says "if you feel you are addicted to trolling get help because it's no different than other addictions"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I just read it and lmao he basically says "if you feel you are addicted to trolling get help because it's no different than other addictions"

im permabanned poster antifastomper58. i first started reading r/the_donald when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "MAGA" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "TRUMP" and "THEY'RE TURNING THE FROGS GAY" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of r/the_donald humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" r/the_donald to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I finished Nagle's book over the weekend. thought it was quite good.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Halloween Jack posted:

Topher Spiro is like an old Sega/NES name written by Japanese guys who don't know many English names, they just have an idea of what European names sorta sound like. Like "Sypha Belnades."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Mods-- any of these are fine, tia.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Friedland brought the heat on this episode, and the riffing during the holocaust video might be my favorite thing they've ever done. Classic episode.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

bows1 posted:

Friedland brought the heat on this episode, and the riffing during the holocaust video might be my favorite thing they've ever done. Classic episode.

I like when he shifts from being an oblivious moron to being really pretty knowledgeable and sharp.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Famethrowa posted:

I like when he shifts from being an oblivious moron to being really pretty knowledgeable and sharp.

He's a lot funnier when he doesn't have Nick and Stav dunking on him non-stop. (That's also funny, but for different reasons.)

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

prefect posted:

He's a lot funnier when he doesn't have Nick and Stav dunking on him non-stop. (That's also funny, but for different reasons.)

his playing dumb is probably an act, but almost comes across as a defense mechanism lmao

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

i am not sure which of the lads made the observation but affluent white siege mentality as the externalization of the dim, not quite conscious realization on some level that the lifestyle of ease they lead can't be happening without other's being hurt and exploited was on point

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

*inserts matt's every day stupider than the last tweet*
https://twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA/status/883271897605185536

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/soulfood4thght/status/883458845091274752

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

This however, is cool.
https://twitter.com/DSACincy/status/883788613527498757

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
that can't be christman, he's sitting up

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The WOC's raised fist is occluded by a white man's fat head.

typical

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
look at all those bernie bros, how many women have they harrassed today

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
absolute failsons

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

I love that the dumbest guest ever is going to be their most frequent

no really This Is Good

But Brandon Wardell was only on once?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I don't know if this is recent or whatever but I just saw it and it just made me laugh.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
We talked about this in the alt-right thread in c-spam but it's worth mentioning that 2 the Ranting Gryphon has been doing the same gimmick since the early 2000s., except now he rants about SJWs and safe spaces.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=899DeDiVm2M

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
All I know about 2 the Ranting Gryphon is the reading about him in episode 100 of the F Plus and that's enough for me to realize I don't want to learn more about him.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iPSJYzBK_o

show me your treats

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Listened to episode 30 today. Felix quotes something from the forums, but the reading series on Douthat picks up where episode 3 leaves off. More of his memoir, and baby, the memories ain't good. Worth a relisten if you never heard it.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/LoganJames/status/883910528665608196

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
If you aren't blocked by Eric garland you're a loving idiot

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/883841723541188608

We have a demented septuagenarian where we used to have a... demented septuagenarian? :psyduck:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

he said the nice words, like welfare queen instead of just saying the n word

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Antti posted:

We have a demented septuagenarian where we used to have a... demented septuagenarian? :psyduck:

lol

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
he obviously uses reagan as a shorthand for "the good president that the republicans like" to make some sort of asinine point about the honour of the office of the president, I'm not just a partisan hack guys I just want to restore sanity to politics!!!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with using the memory of Bush and Reagan as a cudgel to remind the GOP how they'd fallen, as long as you remember in your heart of hearts that they were giant pieces of poo poo that are responsible for the hosed up state of the US.

Of course, that doesn't mean much when in 11 years we're using the memory of the the great President Trump as a cudgel against President Dog the Bounty Hunter as he orders the extermination of all Koreans in the western seaboard.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The problem with that is that former GOP Presidents become beatified and emptied of any meaning or history. Reagan is Saint Ron, who was tough on illegal immigration, cut taxes and kept the budget balanced. In 20 years, when GOP orthodoxy has shifted once again, Saint Ron will have always stood for intervening in the Second Great Cyber-Crusade on Russia's side and putting sexual deviants in re-education camps.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

"trump is a bad man and doesn't really represent the gop" is a bold new strategy which hasn't eaten poo poo in spectacular fashion recently

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Antti posted:

The problem with that is that former GOP Presidents become beatified and emptied of any meaning or history. Reagan is Saint Ron, who was tough on illegal immigration, cut taxes and kept the budget balanced. In 20 years, when GOP orthodoxy has shifted once again, Saint Ron will have always stood for intervening in the Second Great Cyber-Crusade on Russia's side and putting sexual deviants in re-education camps.

Reagan admitted that cutting taxes didn't create a trickle down effect and that it was all a mistake. Everyone forgets this part conveniently

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Who was it that said "forgetting everything is the ultimate Reagan tribute"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I can't remember.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Phobophilia posted:

I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with using the memory of Bush and Reagan as a cudgel to remind the GOP how they'd fallen, as long as you remember in your heart of hearts that they were giant pieces of poo poo that are responsible for the hosed up state of the US.

Reagan called Nancy "mommy" and now Pence is doing the same, Republicans don't give a poo poo about decorum, they're happy as long as their policies go through.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah that "by ur own logic" poo poo is like thr washington generals pointing out a travelpung violation by the globetrotters

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Antti posted:

If I wasn't blocked by Eric Garland, I'd tell him he's been washing down his adderall with too many jellybean-flavored beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I probably missed it but what happened to the Frost/Christman podcast