Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

TOOT BOOT posted:

Beric's definitely not Azor Ahai in the books since he's dead. I don't know why they included the whole flaming sword bit with Beric but didn't let Stannis have Lightbringer.

So that rules out Jon too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Doing it in a cave years ago doesn't matter. Doing it now does.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Peanut President posted:

Doing it in a cave years ago doesn't matter. Doing it now does.

Hear that, Jon?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The books are mainly of the same quality as the show except they say "must needs" more.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Characters are more consistent in the books than they are in the show. They don't suddenly just do something out of character because the plot calls for it, though to some degree that's just TV writing for you. I prefer the books by far but it seems like we're never getting any more of those so....

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The books are mainly of the same quality as the show except they say "must needs" more.

Can't wait until a few years after the show when everyone realizes this.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there going to be skipped weeks like usual or is it just going to be 8 straight weeks then we can be done with it

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there going to be skipped weeks like usual or is it just going to be 8 straight weeks then we can be done with it

lol my dude they were saying 2019 a couple weeks back

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Berry Dondarry is a Westerosi treasure and you bastards shouldn't be making fun of him for swinging around his flaming man-splitter.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TOOT BOOT posted:

Characters are more consistent in the books than they are in the show. They don't suddenly just do something out of character because the plot calls for it, though to some degree that's just TV writing for you. I prefer the books by far but it seems like we're never getting any more of those so....

Not just more consistent but the motivations,actions, and events are clearly logical rather than just big dumb spectacles that happen for no reason/in a vacuum

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

One new episode every month until the next season

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Solice Kirsk posted:

Berry Dondarry is a Westerosi treasure and you bastards shouldn't be making fun of him for swinging around his flaming man-splitter.

Apparently, his new sword is Stannis' sword ("Lightbringer").
The fact that Stannis' sword was/is Lightbringer is disputed.

Either way, I'd like to see Lady Stoneheart, so gently caress Berric.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Berric is way better than lovely zombie Cat. It's not like there's any more Freys to kill anyway.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Teikanmi posted:

so apparently beric dondarrion is azor ahai :confused:

apparently Beric Dondarrion is volcano arm.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jon Snow will give up getting laid again.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Apparently he knows nothing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sweet the best thing about GoT is finally back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv2G1WmZ7A4

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Sweet the best thing about GoT is finally back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv2G1WmZ7A4

are those guys black?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

A Major Fucker posted:

are those guys black?

Fix your brightness settings

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Hello my dudes that still care about this mess of a thing.
It's getting to be that time that show watchers are getting moistened up for the inevitable kooky titstravaganza that will be the show's end.

Which means time to dredge up fan-fiction like a motherfucker.
So I'll start by suggesting a now dated little goodie to add to the Recommended Reading list.

A Song Of Pulp And Fiction

Featuring such gems as:

quote:

DJAIME
The 'D' is silent.

and

quote:

JIMMYFINGER
Do I have a sign on my lawn that
says 'dead summer islander storage?'

Leaf through it, pass it around, you know you have nothing to do for the next two weeks!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SaviourX posted:

It's getting to be that time that show watchers are getting moistened up for the inevitable kooky titstravaganza that will be the show's end.

So I'll start by suggesting a now dated little goodie to add to the Recommended Reading list.

Featuring such gems as:

and

Leaf through it, pass it around, you know you have nothing to do for the next two weeks!

What, no

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SaviourX posted:

Featuring such gems as:

and

Man I wish I had A Game of Bones that the bad thread wrote still. It was a true masterwork.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

The word is 'nay'.

IRQ posted:

Man I wish I had A Game of Bones that the bad thread wrote still. It was a true masterwork.

Right here, hoss: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/269101

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 3, 2017

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Remember last year when people were saying they didn't outright say R+L=J so that Gurm could have the honor of 'revealing' it himself in the book

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
100% of my show-only friends have no idea who Jon's father is.

They cast a lady who looks exactly like Emilie Clarke as the mother so they thought the scene was supposed to reveal that Jon and Dany were twins or something.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Cant wait for the crappy and unsatisfying conclusion of this story

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

100% of my show-only friends have no idea who Jon's father is.

They cast a lady who looks exactly like Emilie Clarke as the mother so they thought the scene was supposed to reveal that Jon and Dany were twins or something.

Aren't there piles of people who now know that Jon's mother was Ned's sister, but still think that Ned's his father?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

McNally posted:

Aren't there piles of people who now know that Jon's mother was Ned's sister, but still think that Ned's his father?

That's how you get a Targaryen, idiot

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Not until 2019

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

*Bran looks directly into camera*

"Oh my gosh, Jon snow whom I had known as my half brother via our mutual father Ned Stark who you might remember was played by Sean Bean in season one, is actually my cousin!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Better than waiting on GRRM to finally decide like writing a page a year

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If we're lucky, we'll have two crappy and unsatisfying conclusions.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Lycus posted:

If we're lucky, we'll have two crappy and unsatisfying conclusions.

Gurm is working on exactly one book and its title is Wild Cards.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I didn't get the scene with jons birth at all

How are you possibly supposed to understand it without knowing a bunch of stuff from the books or having encyclopedic knowledge of the show. I can barely remember the last episode before the most current one and they expect me to understand THAT scene

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Zzulu posted:

I didn't get the scene with jons birth at all

How are you possibly supposed to understand it without knowing a bunch of stuff from the books or having encyclopedic knowledge of the show. I can barely remember the last episode before the most current one and they expect me to understand THAT scene

The only thing you're supposed to get is that Ned is Jon's Uncle which is pretty easy to get since it goes straight from the baby to Jon. The show writing is bad though so you kind of forget about Jon's mother and the whole war because it hasn't been mentioned for like 3 seasons.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Did Ned say "I am here, SISTER OF MINE THAT IS DEAD IN THE CURRENT TIMELINE" in the tower scene? If not I can see people not even knowing who she was and think Ned is just raising some random baby as his.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Without book context I can't imagine giving a single poo poo about Jon's parents.

Oh hey his dad is a dude you've never seen, wild!

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Did Ned say "I am here, SISTER OF MINE THAT IS DEAD IN THE CURRENT TIMELINE" in the tower scene? If not I can see people not even knowing who she was and think Ned is just raising some random baby as his.

Right before the fight he goes "where is my sister" or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Even show watchers can care about Jonny sixpack being the actual heir to the throne and that he and Dany are going to have incest.

• Locked thread