Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
In my short time participating in The hockey threads here, I have come to realize that SAS collectively hates everybody and everything except Don Cherry's coats,and now, apparently, naked beared men and various other nude athletes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Untrue, there's a pretty strong consensus that PK Subban is a great man

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Tocchet turned stamkos' rookie season around.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

In my short time participating in The hockey threads here, I have come to realize that SAS collectively hates everybody and everything except Don Cherry's coats,and now, apparently, naked beared men and various other nude athletes.

Tayne and Wayne are/were the only positive ones among us, in the worst ways.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I like most things about hockey actually except PUSSIES

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

Tocchet turned stamkos' rookie season around.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agreed, he was really good at not being Barry Melrose.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Sully owns. Tocch owns too and I wish him a fine time gambling and coaching that young whippersnapper team to be a little less lovely.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress Pittsburgh, but you're on loving acid if you think Mike Sullivan is a bad coach, and wasn't a big part of how the Penguins won the last two years.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i guess the good thing is, if tocchet gets the job then he probably has a great answer to "how exactly do you take the coyotes to the playoffs without sidney crosby et al"

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Other things/people hockey SAS likes:

Hal Gill
John Scott
Ron Maclean's look of contempt for Don Cherry's opinions
Teddy Bear Toss
Jumbo Joe someday scoring 4 goals

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Duckman2008 posted:

gently caress Pittsburgh, but you're on loving acid if you think Mike Sullivan is a bad coach, and wasn't a big part of how the Penguins won the last two years.

Yeah, well with those stars anyone could.... or, right, Johnson.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Infidel Castro posted:

Hal Gill
John Scott
Teddy Bear Toss

Do we all still love Teemu?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
He probably has bad political opinions

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Everyone Loves Bryz™

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Infidel Castro posted:

Hal Gill
John Scott
Teddy Bear Toss

Monkey's paw jokes ad nauseam

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Let's not forget barn fights

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Wonderllama posted:

Monkey's paw jokes ad nauseam

Trading elite players for bag o pucks jokes

Debating elite

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't like Ad Nauseam Kadri, he's s dirty player.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If anyone in the Penguins organization lucked out it's JR, dude ran the Hurricanes into the ground and then came over to Pittsburgh and left the Pens D in a sorry state. Two cups later he's a hall of famer.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

thanks guys

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

No, he's a Trump supporter who missed an empty net wraparound in Game 7 against the Avalanche in 2002

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Tayne and Wayne are/were the only positive ones among us, in the worst ways.

Eat poo poo ho

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I don't think anyone dislikes Golden Boy and Possible One Direction Band Member William Nylander, and if anyone does I will literally fight them

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
everyone likes sick dangles and dudes getting deked out of their skates

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

everyone likes sick dangles and dudes getting deked out of their skates

Speaking of which, I like Elias Pettersson for exactly those reasons

https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/883139480873443328
https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/883154256265527297
https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/883160140899246081

He was excellent in the prospects game last night and for a moment a solitary ray of sunshine burst through the gloomy canopy of my soul.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
It's been fun having some prospects to look forward to as a Rangers fan. Chytil looks like he could be a stud.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ya I forgot how fun prospect camps are. Boston's pick this year, Vakananeaiansian or whatever the gently caress that finnish name is, looks real good. His skating is incredible for someone his age. He's been playing pro in the Finnish league for two years though so I'm sure that's why. He looks more NHL-ready than I expected, but he's also skating against other prospects so my perception of how good he is is probably skewed.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

ThinkTank posted:

Speaking of which, I like Elias Pettersson for exactly those reasons

https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/883139480873443328
https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/883154256265527297
https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/883160140899246081

He was excellent in the prospects game last night and for a moment a solitary ray of sunshine burst through the gloomy canopy of my soul.

those are cool but boy is that some indifferent defense on the first one

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

he's also skating against other prospects so my perception of how good he is is probably skewed.

This is the #1 thing to keep in mind with prospect camps. Some of these guys are worse than div 1 beer leaguers, they're just young enough that they might eventually be better.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Kevin Klein officially retired from the NHL

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

a false posted:

those are cool but boy is that some indifferent defense on the first one

Oh yeah, it was a prospects game so the skill levels were incredibly varied and the pairings/lines had (for the most part) never played together before. You can't take too much away from it, but it was nice to see our top pick from this year be probably the best player (Adam Gaudette looked great too and he's starting to look like a serious top six level prospect). I'm far too used to Canucks first round picks coming in and immediately disappointing then watching while everyone makes excuses as to why that's the case for two years until they bust entirely.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
yeah as much as i like lias andersson as a prospect i would've liked pettersson to fall to the rangers. he's going to be good

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

Kevin Klein officially retired from the NHL

Sad but hello cap space.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Blues signed Klim Kostin to an ELC the other day because Dynamo Moscow is imploding. Hoping he shines in the AHL and we see him on the big club at some point next season(but 18-19 most likely).

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

:siren: The Oilers signed an NHL UFA! :siren:

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/883347899811217414

Really happy with this. :toot:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Chiarelli did a good?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Koopa Kid posted:

I'm fine with paying a bottom 6 grinder like Hyman if they're decent at it, and he appears to be.

If Leafs fans seem to dislike him it's because he's a useful 4th liner who was stapled to the best player on the team all season, which is less than ideal but not really his fault. If he was slotted in a role more suited for him nobody would mind.

It's kind of like how people don't bitch constantly about Tyler Bozak anymore now that he's not leading the team in minutes.

That's always been my issue. Hyman is really good at pressuring the other team and forcing turn overs and should have been playing with Boyle last year as he isn't good at anything else. He's so good at the penalty kill though.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
peter now sign the other ufa forward from florida with the initials j j

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah Game 7 of the Pens-Caps series was won almost exclusively by his coaching. (Or lost by Trotz's, depending on how you look at things.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Kilza posted:

:siren: The Oilers signed an NHL UFA! :siren:

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/883347899811217414

Really happy with this. :toot:

really wanted him on the rangers :[