Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Also, everybody should remember the story of Voytek the bear.

To get him onto a British transport ship when the unit sailed with the rest of the Polish II Corps from Egypt to fight alongside the British 8th Army in the Italian campaign, Wojtek was officially drafted into the Polish Army as a Private and was listed among the soldiers of the 22nd Artillery Supply Company. Henryk Zacharewicz and Dymitr Szawlugo were assigned as his caretakers.

As an enlisted soldier of the company, with his own paybook, rank and serial number, he lived with the other men in tents or in a special wooden crate, which was transported by truck. According to numerous accounts, during the Battle of Monte Cassino Wojtek helped by carrying ammunition – never dropping a single crate.[8] In recognition of the bear's popularity, the HQ approved a depiction of a bear carrying an artillery shell as the official emblem of the 22nd Company.[6]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Yinlock posted:

Upon discovery by Conroy's commanding officer, Stubby saluted him as he had been trained to in camp, and the commanding officer allowed the dog to stay on board.

k dog was pretty cool until this, now has been demoted to 'somewhat cool'

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

literally he bit the spy's rear end and wouldn't let go

sorry i gave away our secrets general but this dog had a fuckin vicegrip on my taint

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Serf posted:

when ur usin dogs and birds as part of ur war effort maybe u should realize war is dumb and bad??

Gonna start selling specialty attack dogs to the DoD for a few million each. In reality they're just pit bulls I buy on the bad side of town so they're already trained to attack.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

That DICK! posted:

ya make sixteen posts, what do ya get, a six hour probe for making death threats

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

punchymcpunch posted:

what about snowy from tintin u gently caress

Movies aren't real idiot

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

Wojtek*

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

jBrereton posted:

lol

We'll find out.

Someone could make a trumpr app or something that would notify the user of trumps arrival so protests could be ready to go whenever he gets there

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/883305508391845888

:thunk:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wojtek (1942–1963; Polish pronunciation: [ˈvɔjtɛk]; in English, usually spelled Voytek)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Someone could make a trumpr app or something that would notify the user of trumps arrival so protests could be ready to go whenever he gets there

*hammer and sickle batsignal shines in the london night*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

prefect posted:

To get him onto a British transport ship when the unit sailed with the rest of the Polish II Corps from Egypt to fight alongside the British 8th Army in the Italian campaign, Wojtek was officially drafted into the Polish Army as a Private and was listed among the soldiers of the 22nd Artillery Supply Company. Henryk Zacharewicz and Dymitr Szawlugo were assigned as his caretakers.

As an enlisted soldier of the company, with his own paybook, rank and serial number, he lived with the other men in tents or in a special wooden crate, which was transported by truck. According to numerous accounts, during the Battle of Monte Cassino Wojtek helped by carrying ammunition – never dropping a single crate.[8] In recognition of the bear's popularity, the HQ approved a depiction of a bear carrying an artillery shell as the official emblem of the 22nd Company.[6]

I read a story in Dreadnought about how a british captain somehow managed to aquire an elephant. After it adjusted to the ocean it proceeded to prove itself an able deckhand mostly by holding ropes. When the ship got back to london the navy donated it to the london zoo, only to be thwarted when it refused to move because the captain hadn't ordered it off the ship.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

prefect posted:

Wojtek (1942–1963; Polish pronunciation: [ˈvɔjtɛk]; in English, usually spelled Voytek)

Also, the goon that played WoW while his wife was giving birth

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

I hate that motherfucker

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

lol if you arent unironically rooting for the suffering everyone especially yourself

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Also, the goon that played WoW while his wife was giving birth

a true hero *sheds tear*

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Inspector Hound posted:

tbh the reason May is scared isn't really because we'll bottle Trump off the stage, it's because there will be massive anti-government protests for inviting him to this poo poo tip while it's in the state it's in.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
this is me

https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/883311154847678464

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

"Usually" by people who don't respect the Polish language >: (

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

lololololollllllllllolololololl jahahahahah

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I heard on the radio that Scalise has more butt problems c/d

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
goddamn, I had to call four vets before I found one with an appointment today. I guess there's a dog plague going around

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

jBrereton posted:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

prefect posted:

oh man I just remembered Wojtek Wolski existed and was thought to be a franchise player at one point.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i am glad of it

Serf
May 5, 2011

that's voltorb

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

prefect posted:

I always love how the phonetizations use a notation that no one is educated in instead of just plain English.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Serf posted:

that's voltorb

meowith thats rite

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

jBrereton posted:

I'm ethnically destined to put a screen door on a submarine, and I like the V spelling because otherwise I screw up the pronunciation. :downs:

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Serf posted:

that's voltorb

hmm racist

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Movies aren't real idiot

its a comic book CHECKERSMATE DUMMY

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yinlock posted:

sorry i gave away our secrets general but this dog had a fuckin vicegrip on my taint

lmebo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

punchymcpunch posted:

its a comic book CHECKERSMATE DUMMY

Sorry comic books are for babbys

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yinlock posted:

*hammer and sickle batsignal shines in the london night*

my fave batsignal is the apiderman batsignal

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

remember when brooks married his undergrad intern

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Sorry comic books are for babbys

how appropriate, you fight like a cow

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

jBrereton posted:

lol

We'll find out.

Give him a proper footie riot eh lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:jackbud:

• Locked thread