Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Boston is going to sorely miss Bradley's elite defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This might be a flaming hot take but I actually think, as is, the Celtics are probably going to be a worse team than last year.

They managed to get worse at their biggest weakness, rebounding. They are going to be worse defensively, as they traded their best defender for a PF who is bad at defense.

To be completely frank, I mostly feel this way I a think the odds of IT having a year as good as he did last year are extremely low.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
It's a lovely take because the season is months away and it's probably not the final roster construction but as it is, yes, the rebounding is going to be bad

Very bad

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
In fact Avery Bradley was their leading rebounder for most of the year so something almost certainly will be done or it's going to be hell

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Rebounding correlates less and less with team success every year so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You traded for Marcus but what if you really got markieff

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Wait, Marcus is the shitter Morris brother right? His stats last year look pretty terrible. :(

He's not as good as his brother, but I'd love to have him on my dumb team. He'd always light the Pacers up...but that's probably just the Pacers being the Pacers.

It's a good return for Bradley since it gives them PF depth and allows them to sign Hayward.

Ainge should be looking to off-load some picks and Crowder for Marc Gasol if that's possible.

IT/Brown/Hayward/Horford/Gasol is a nice lineup imo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The problem with the Celtics isn't rebounding, it's Tristan Thompson

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

EvanTH posted:

this is confusing to me because it's presented as clever and interesting instead of abjectly bad

Eh, it's not how I'd spend my early-to-mid 20s, but if (a big if) he's aware that this is choosing short-term lifestyle sacrifices in order to be debt-free and saving for a nice down payment on a proper home before he's 30 then good on him for having that kind of discipline.

If he thinks this is radical disruption and beneficial right now then yeesh. Talk about the path to posting on r/incel.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

theres like 0 functional difference between sf and sg. wings play exactly the same on offense and gordo can guard most wing players just fine? the idea that theres a big difference is......puzzling

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tae posted:

The problem with the Celtics isn't rebounding, it's Tristan Thompson

he's a problem because they can't rebound.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Rebounding correlates less and less with team success every year so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I understand the data but rebounding is still really important

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I don't think rebounding is that important, but it helps. Boston is almost certainly going to be better because their best player is no longer 5'9

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Does this mean Detroit needs to unload somebody? I thought they were already up against the cap, does adding Bradley's extra money mean anything

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

Does this mean Detroit needs to unload somebody? I thought they were already up against the cap, does adding Bradley's extra money mean anything
No because they're not matching PCP

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

pubic works project posted:

He's not as good as his brother, but I'd love to have him on my dumb team. He'd always light the Pacers up...but that's probably just the Pacers being the Pacers.

It's a good return for Bradley since it gives them PF depth and allows them to sign Hayward.

Ainge should be looking to off-load some picks and Crowder for Marc Gasol if that's possible.

IT/Brown/Hayward/Horford/Gasol is a nice lineup imo.

I really don't think it is possible for them to trade for Marc Gasol. The contracts can't add up, especially now that they traded Bradley's 8 million.

I suppose they could trade

Crowder
Smart
Morris
Demtrius Jackon

for Marc Gasol. But I'm not even entirely sure that those salaries line up. They would seem to be a few hundred thousand short. Also it would leave them with like 7 NBA quality players on their roster.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Marc Gasol also can't rebound

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

I wonder if the Nets are going to toss a lot of money at him now that Detroit isn't going to bother matching. Seems like he's getting 'screwed" out of a lot of money hahah

I don't think rebounding is that important, but it helps. Boston is almost certainly going to be better because their best player is no longer 5'9

I saw this https://twitter.com/deliberatepix/status/883340542532243457 so I'm just gonna agree cuz it makes me feel better

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

Galloway was signed with the MLE so this doesn't impact that and they are still like $14 million under the luxury tax for the time being. Just probably means they aren't gonna match a KCP deal.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Marc Gasol also can't rebound

But he can grind.

Also I just sat down to my desk and played around with the trade machine. I don't think they can trade for him now either.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

Galloway was signed with the MLE so this doesn't impact that and they are still like $14 million under the luxury tax for the time being. Just probably means they aren't gonna match a KCP deal.

Yeah I was wondering if Galloway factored into it, that makes a lot more sense. Thank you, I'm a cap dummie

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Isaiah's problem is that he also weighs like 170 pounds. His offense disappears the second someone beats him to his spot because he's physically unable to body anyone. Well maybe Zhou Qi.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hey can anyone buy me a custom title of me hanging myself with a knicks jersey

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

who's making the knicks' decisions with phil being fired?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

kalensc posted:

Eh, it's not how I'd spend my early-to-mid 20s, but if (a big if) he's aware that this is choosing short-term lifestyle sacrifices in order to be debt-free and saving for a nice down payment on a proper home before he's 30 then good on him for having that kind of discipline.

If he thinks this is radical disruption and beneficial right now then yeesh. Talk about the path to posting on r/incel.

To me it's more like, "look at the clever ways he's found of sacrificing his entire life for his employer!" + look at the choices an employee of supposedly "one of the best companies to work for" has been forced to make

now that they've got him camping in their own little pseudo nation-state and living without a refrigerator or bathroom, why not DOUBLE his pay but present it to him in special GooglePlaudits that can only be redeemed in designated GoogleZones? Exchanging GooglePlaudits for cash is illegal in the GoogleDominion they do not look kindly upon black marketeers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Doltos posted:

Hey can anyone buy me a custom title of me hanging myself with a knicks jersey

Hang yourself with it and set the camera to take a picture on delay and I'll certainly buy this avatar :angel:

Has Morey somehow turned all his NGs into a quality player yet? Clutchfans seems to think it's all but guaranteed

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Intruder posted:

Hang yourself with it and set the camera to take a picture on delay and I'll certainly buy this avatar :angel:

Has Morey somehow turned all his NGs into a quality player yet? Clutchfans seems to think it's all but guaranteed

So it's so dead at work today that I decided to play with the trade machine.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8ctzl7x

This is what I get when I add Houston to the equation and try to use those NGs. Uthoff was not cooperating though!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

But he can grind.

Also I just sat down to my desk and played around with the trade machine. I don't think they can trade for him now either.

You can trade as long as salary is within like 10% or something. So they just need to do a few trades taking on more salary each time and eventually they'll have enough to make the Gasol trade work.

:downs:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

This is what I get when I add Houston to the equation and try to use those NGs. Uthoff was not cooperating though!

Hmm yes yes that seems like a good and smart trade

Get it done though I'll miss those underhanded free throws

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i would be about a hundred times happier with the pistons giving 20M per season to bradley than kcp

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paul Zuvella posted:

This might be a flaming hot take but I actually think, as is, the Celtics are probably going to be a worse team than last year.

They managed to get worse at their biggest weakness, rebounding. They are going to be worse defensively, as they traded their best defender for a PF who is bad at defense.

To be completely frank, I mostly feel this way I a think the odds of IT having a year as good as he did last year are extremely low.

what if someone promised you that Hayward is actually a very good player? Like a top 15-20 dude in the NBA

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

That's because he's a franchise player and they'd never trade him

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If Danny Ainge operated under the Doc Rivers Principle he'd trade for Robin Lopez to shore up their rebounding issues

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

who's making the knicks' decisions with phil being fired?

Apparently Tim Hardaway Jr.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

I can't wait for 7' IT

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I would rather have kept Bradley. Oh well.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDHrD4Ef38Q

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

this?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883355470769127424

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
hooooly poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i read that as denouncing at first and that would be way more fun and should be a thing

• Locked thread