Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

LadyPictureShow posted:

Has Spidey ever tried to evade cops/bad guys/bratty kids on airplanes by just going 'uh... I'm just a guy in a Spider-Man Halloween costume?'

He kinda does in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Like, there's a Halloween festival, and Spidey does some crime-busting nearby, and so because Pete doesn't have time to go change into a costume for it afterwards, he just takes his mask off and walks over to his friends all "Hi guys, I dressed as Spider-Man this year!"

Speaking of Halloween Costumes, the Marvel Wikia page is not being very helpful to me...why did Blade dress up in the "Spider Hero" outfit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Choco1980 posted:

He kinda does in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Like, there's a Halloween festival, and Spidey does some crime-busting nearby, and so because Pete doesn't have time to go change into a costume for it afterwards, he just takes his mask off and walks over to his friends all "Hi guys, I dressed as Spider-Man this year!"

Speaking of Halloween Costumes, the Marvel Wikia page is not being very helpful to me...why did Blade dress up in the "Spider Hero" outfit?

He was in hiding because he was being hunted by and trying to stop the Deathwalkers, this immortal cult of demon-worshiping sorcerers who were trying to destroy humanity. He had come to New York to get help from Spectrum in finding the cult when Thanos led an army to attack New York. The actual Avengers were out of town, so Luke Cage formed his own team of himself, Spectrum, and Spiderman, as the "Mighty Avengers". Wanting to help, but not wanting to reveal his identity, Blade got a bootleg Spiderman costume from a costume shop (much to the chagrin of the actual Spiderman), and joined the Mighty Avengers as Spider Hero.

Later, Luke Cage told him exactly how much he looked like an idiot, so he took the secret identity Ronin instead. He eventually gets captured by the Deathwalkers, manages to escape, the rest of the Mighty Avengers show up, and the Deathwalkers use a magical cup to combine into the entity "Deathwalker Prime", which takes over the world. To stop them, the Mighty Avengers figure out how to use the cup to combine as "Avenger Prime", to fight it. Since the Deathwalkers are a bunch of dicks, while the Mighty Avengers aren't, the Mighty Avengers are able to work together as the combined entity, while the Deathwalkers aren't, which lets Avenger Prime beat Deathwalker Prime.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I... :psyduck: that's even stupider than what I was expecting, and I wasn't expecting anything.

So you are saying he is a bending robot. I am Spider-Man please insert girder

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

So that fight caused so much collateral damage that the police can't possibly search every pile of debris large enough to trap a group of people?

Is Zack Snyder guest writing?

Based on the most recent superhero movie Snyder helped write, this comic strip would have been about Aunt May falling into a deep hole while a supervillain was fighting Spider-Man and Mole Man rescues her, falling in love in the process. After telling Mole Man of the supervillains in the surface world, Mole Man follows her to our world where he successfully defeats all the villains while Spider-Man was unconscious due to brick-related reasons. Then Spider-Man wakes up after a fight is over and instinctively punches a nearby enemy except he was still dizzy from the brick so he accidentally punches Aunt May. This enrages Mole Man who beats Spider-Man up with his stick. Seeing this, the Avengers welcome Mole Man to be a member of their team.

Kurui Reiten posted:

There still hasn't been anything as dumb as "BOTH THEIR MOTHERS ARE NAMED MARTHA", so no.

If this comic was based on BvS, it would be about a really jealous Spider-Man concocting a plan to make Mole Man and Aunt May break up forever. Spider-Man almost succeeds, but then sees Aunt May crying, which gives Spidey PTSD because he realizes he was responsible for Aunt May losing her husband and now he's about to do it with another man she loves. He immediately blesses their relationship, but then Mole Man dies heroically fighting a supervillain and Spidey honors him by running a successful matchmaking agency.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
hasn't spiderman been shown to be able to carry people with his webbing

even if he didn't, couldn't they just hop on his back and him ferry them up one by one to the rooftop

even if you want to say 'time constraints' , he could piggyback Moleman up to the roof in the time it took to yank down the fire escapes, leaving just aunt may and mary jane as the most innocent looking witnesses ever, who would just say "I didn't see anything :downs:" to the officers and they'd drive off

why... bend... fire escapes... into...

:psyboom:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
couldn't they have just like, hidden behind a car? there were bound to be some in the area, since lenny didn't shroom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Manatee Cannon posted:

what no peter that's not even good cover

you can see through it man. it would have been more effective if you didn't tie it in a knot

The best part is that Spidey's peeking around the side and would be clearly visible to the cops anyway.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No way red and blue with black web outlines is like dazzle camouflage to police radar. Everyone else will look like mangled corpses trapped in the bent fire escapes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Finally remembered what this reminded me of:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If it doesn't have the JP on it, it's extinct.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

spidey could have just taken mole man and put him on the roof, it's not like aunt may or mj have outstanding warrants

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Kurui Reiten posted:

There still hasn't been anything as dumb as "BOTH THEIR MOTHERS ARE NAMED MARTHA", so no.

Yet...

Except somehow that scene would actually work in NSM.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I could totally see Spider-Man bonding with Ant-Man over the fact he also has an Aunt.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I dunno if this is the right place to report it, but Stan Lee's wife of 69 years, Joan Lee, passed away today.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I could totally see Spider-Man bonding with Ant-Man over the fact he also has an Aunt.

Aunt-Man

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

redbackground posted:

Finally remembered what this reminded me of:

This is what I was referring to here:

Lobok posted:

Look at the Battle Damage™ on Lenny in that second panel. Spidey mutilated him. Like if Spider-Man grabbed some mugger's love handle and tore it right off.

But I guess I got the name wrong. It was Dino Damage!

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
The implication from this comic is that either there are other monsters coming out of the ground in LA that Spidey and Moleman have just decided to ignore, or that LA is a post-apocalyptic wasteland in NSM

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

bunnyofdoom posted:

I dunno if this is the right place to report it, but Stan Lee's wife of 69 years, Joan Lee, passed away today.

*somberly, with visible tears in my eyes* n...nice

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lobok posted:

This is what I was referring to here:

But I guess I got the name wrong. It was Dino Damage!

Dillo Damage!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

So basically this?

That is clearly the SIDE of a truck, not the ceiling/roof.

But... yeah.

He fails to jump several times. He's racing across a small neighborhood's set of roofs and just keeps jumping onto poo poo and breaking it, like he jumps into some poor guy's shed at some point, then ruins the lawns of several other people. He shoots a web at a fleeing truck and then gets dragged on his rear end through a whole lot of things.

Later, just before he gets into that head trauma I spoke of, he tries to ambush a few guys but only ends up jumping too short because his new webs are set to impact, not swing. So he falls on his face.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

LadyPictureShow posted:

Has Spidey ever tried to evade cops/bad guys/bratty kids on airplanes by just going 'uh... I'm just a guy in a Spider-Man Halloween costume?'

".....sir, it's March."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thank you for helping me escape the law Spider-man

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"What do we do if Tyrannus attacks again?"
"Well if it doesn't involve tearing off chunks of flesh and throwing it down holes, I'm all out of ideas kid :shrug:"

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Aunt May looks so proud of Spider-Man. "He's just the best destroyer of random scenery I've ever seen!"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That last panel looks like Spidey should be saying "my man have you tried lsd?"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Aunt May looks so proud of Spider-Man. "He's just the best destroyer of random scenery I've ever seen!"

she's gazing lustfully at moley

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also spotted today.

https://twitter.com/ashleyjaycooper/status/882993379835031552

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

unlike her lovely garbage nephew who booked it the moment poo poo started going down.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Synthbuttrange posted:

Thank you for helping me escape the law Spider-man

I wonder how many elderly people got confused and tried to solve the rubble maze?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Having seen the new Spider-Man film, I can concur that there is a wonderful NSM vibe to a lot of scenes where he just goes around loving up constantly. I loved it :allears:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

ZeroCount posted:

unlike her lovely garbage nephew who booked it the moment poo poo started going down.

Yeah, that idiot probably doesn't even realize she's engaged. What a maroon.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

".....sir, it's March."

Then MJ would just have to swoop in, asking 'Sweetie, did you forget to take your Haldol again?!' and lead him to safety while making a little 'cuckoo' motion at her head.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Having seen the new Spider-Man film, I can concur that there is a wonderful NSM vibe to a lot of scenes where he just goes around loving up constantly. I loved it :allears:

wait, that movie's out? idk why but I thought it was later in the year, drat

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Manatee Cannon posted:

wait, that movie's out? idk why but I thought it was later in the year, drat

I believe around now has always been the traditional release date for his movies.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Oh man you just reminded me of the scene where he tries to stop a carjacker by slamming the guys face against the car, only for it to be revealed it was the guy's car and he just lost his keys or something and the entire neighborhood including Stan Lee tells him to gently caress off

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I feel like that question is being serious

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yes Stan Lee, whats the plan?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nice buckteeth on MJ, colorist.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Was Peter around unmasked in the original NMS Moleman story? Should he know the guy? Does "he" know Moles and aunt are tying a knot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one even considers that peter might be spiderman, even though they both inspire such profound disappointment in everyone around them

• Locked thread