Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Daddy likey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Kishock yet

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Those human classes own, though i hope none of them have stupid haircuts and faces.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

These new unlocks are going to be the death of me. 5 new card drops for each character?

Awesome. :suicide:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Two Finger posted:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Kishock yet

Because it can't possibly live up to all the hot rebar action we got from the ME3 version.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So what does ranking up the siphon and concussion guns do? There's no stat change on them so I'm assuming it's purely down to their secondary ability which has no numbers I can reference

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Platinum is where consumables go to die. Definitely not the difficulty for playing pugs.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

good poo poo this update, also its funny that they added a skin tone slider for aliens but not humans.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Speaking of skin tones, holy poo poo, what did they to the female engineer? :stare:

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Generic American posted:

These new unlocks are going to be the death of me. 5 new card drops for each character?

Awesome. :suicide:

It's ten. There are ten cards per char. Probably ten per new weapon variant.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Tasoth posted:

It's ten. There are ten cards per char. Probably ten per new weapon variant.

I thought they just announced you can get chars to 15 now?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:suicide:
Wunderbar.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Two Finger posted:

I thought they just announced you can get chars to 15 now?

It's ten, just saw a Engi XVI.

And Three additional "Variants" on each uncommon, rare and UR. Siphon, Bulwark, and Concussion with ten ranks each. Siphon gives you health back for damage dealt, Bulwark gives you DR for you and teammates nearby, concussion causes the enemy to explode if they're killed by a weakpoint shot. For instance, a Siphon Cyclone IV has the base stats of a Cyclone X, but a fourth level siphon effect.

They've essentially quadrupled the number of drops in the game, holy poo poo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
back to opening hordes of commons to un-dilute the drop table again I guess

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Foreskin Problems posted:

Platinum is where consumables go to die. Definitely not the difficulty for playing pugs.

I actually managed a full extraction with random dudes on the APEX one. I played asari sentinel and my teammates were human infiltrator, angara exemplar, and salarian operator. Lots of team shield restoring powers and tech explosions and the infiltrator was able to do the retrieval objective solo thanks to the cloak.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo this update rules

Platinum is uh. A lot harder than in 3 it seems, if only for constant Observers making everything hell

Oh hey and now you can buy random UR character cards... for a mere 960 apex points each lol

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
There is also the "play the remnant silver mission and get an apex pack" again for this weekend, and the store also has apex packs for sale for 600k. It says "3 days remaining" so maybe they only sell for the weekend.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
600k seems like a massive ripoff for 1 UR, 1 Rare, 5 exp boosters and 3 randos.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

precision posted:

600k seems like a massive ripoff for 1 UR, 1 Rare, 5 exp boosters and 3 randos.
I got 2 UR and 2 R in my pack. The normal UR drop rate is ~20% chance per rare in a 100k pack, so it seems like it might be a slightly faster way to get UR

Though now there's a whole lot more rares to get so unless you want exp boosters the 100k packs are probably still the way to go.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

I can confirm finishing Platinum gives about 100k.

It appears to pick a few enemy types and spam them each wave. Like you'll get wraiths/berserkers/observers/destroyers, and next wave it's assemblers/anarchists/anointed/atlas.

There's some mix n match but it seems to have favorites.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

ShadowHawk posted:

I got 2 UR and 2 R in my pack. The normal UR drop rate is ~20% chance per rare in a 100k pack, so it seems like it might be a slightly faster way to get UR

Though now there's a whole lot more rares to get so unless you want exp boosters the 100k packs are probably still the way to go.

Aren't the 100k packs still strictly worse than 2 50k packs?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really like the Daily Challenge stuff and now having lots of things to spend Apex Points on.

Might have helped if they had released this stuff awhile ago, but I have a feeling the playerbase might pick back up now that used copies of the game are super cheap.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

I need maybe another day of data, but I'm 99% certain that:

1) You cannot get the new barrels until the standard barrel is maxed out
2) You cannot get the new gun variants (siphon etc) until you get maxed out version of the original gun

This means it's still pretty feasible to try and get all your standard gold barrels after you have a reasonable supply of common/uncommon, since they go on every character/weapon.

If you're looking for the best way to spend mission funds other than equipment, rares seem most efficient. I believe the plan for the store is to have one thing of each rarity available to buy with mission funds, but what that is (character/barrel/weapon) will rotate each week.

There is a lot more equipment and things to spend mission funds on now; if you use the app consider investing in more strike teams so you have to interact with it less.

BreakAtmo posted:

Aren't the 100k packs still strictly worse than 2 50k packs?
I believe the UR chance is more than doubled.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Common and Uncommon characters are gonna be the way to go for awhile, rank 20 gives you 40% bonuses

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

precision posted:

Common and Uncommon characters are gonna be the way to go for awhile, rank 20 gives you 40% bonuses
Also implicitly this means it's a pretty substantial buff to spammy combo champions (+40% power damage, +40% combo damage).

Though it's unclear how much better the new guns are, I guess their effects might be more pronounced on non-combo champs.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

precision posted:

Can confirm this my Humie adept is wrecking fools after maxed her out.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Flipswitch posted:

Can confirm this my Humie adept is wrecking fools after maxed her out.

Human adept is my jam, this is gonna own.

E: are the new super max cards still bronze, like if I run some golds can I just spam the bronze boxes for the new adept ones?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

What's a good setup for the human adept? I've been running on a human soldier grenadier kick lately because I haven't been too impressed with most of the power classes. Grenades are so fun now.

Error 404 posted:

Human adept is my jam, this is gonna own.

E: are the new super max cards still bronze, like if I run some golds can I just spam the bronze boxes for the new adept ones?

Yeah, I've been back to spamming basic packs for the new levels. I get 1-2 per pack, unless I get an uncommon.

Khizan fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 7, 2017

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Khizan posted:

What's a good setup for the human adept?

I posted my build awhile back.
I make no special claim to not sucking, but it works for me.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How are the credit rewards for Platinum? Is it like the jump from Silver > Gold where clearing three waves of Gold got you slightly more than an entire game of Silver?

Edit: Apparently the loot table is weighted against finding variants/veteran cards until you have many/most maxed regular cards but the subreddit is still blowing the gently caress up and to be honest I can kind of appreciate their point if the weighting isn't working correctly, which people are saying it doesn't seem to be.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 7, 2017

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Pierson posted:

How are the credit rewards for Platinum? Is it like the jump from Silver > Gold where clearing three waves of Gold got you slightly more than an entire game of Silver?

Edit: Apparently the loot table is weighted against finding variants/veteran cards until you have many/most maxed regular cards but the subreddit is still blowing the gently caress up and to be honest I can kind of appreciate their point if the weighting isn't working correctly, which people are saying it doesn't seem to be.

Ive had bronze, silver, and half of gold maxxed for awhile, and (aside from barrels) every mod at X.

This update was made for me.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

~30k for clearing an objective wave on plat. Little over 100k for a full clear.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Error 404 posted:

Ive had bronze, silver, and half of gold maxxed for awhile, and (aside from barrels) every mod at X.

This update was made for me.

How much did that cost :stare:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Relentless posted:

~30k for clearing an objective wave on plat. Little over 100k for a full clear.

I think it was 140k for the Apex on a full extract. And yeah you can spam bronze packs to get your basic classes to XX and have them be extremely powerful.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Foreskin Problems posted:

How much did that cost :stare:

Playing a couple hours a night and only being moderately bad at playing.

E: also never playing kett. Ever. 9/10 team wipes Ive ever had have been against kett. gently caress those guys.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 7, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ohhhhh the alternate guns are straight upgrades - a rank 1 has the same stats as the rank 10 vanilla gun. That actually makes things a lot more interesting.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Yeah and you can only get them after you've got the gun they're based on to X. Which of course means, I've got a loving lifesteal mattock. Thanks a lot EA.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I dunno if people were asking for those or what. Seems an indication that the only way they could release 'new' weapons is to change the properties of them. If the budgets that tight already then rip mass effect, we hardly knew ye

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

precision posted:

Ohhhhh the alternate guns are straight upgrades - a rank 1 has the same stats as the rank 10 vanilla gun. That actually makes things a lot more interesting.
Yup, theres no reason to use the previous ones when you have the new versions, I just wish numbers were added to show how much of an effect their specific ability does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wish my aim was as quick and good as Atlas

http://i.imgur.com/IwH5myR.gifv

• Locked thread