Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Frijolero posted:

Surprise, surprise. Boring white centrists are kinda racist.

They do the same thing to working class people. The working class is interpreted by them as white, even though a higher percentage of Blacks and Latinos work in low-wage blue-collar work.

Me: "A rising tide lifts all boats"

Centrist: "THATS loving RACIST"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

Me: "A rising tide lifts all boats"

Centrist: "THATS loving RACIST"

But would it solve racism?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

galaxy brain: what if our electoral system was fixed so rigging it like that wasnt needed?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zoran posted:

at dinner last night I may have convinced my aunt that liberal interventionism is bad, but she only agreed with that because she's convinced that Muslims are completely alien to us, they hate all of our values, and we can't build democracy over there because we can't ever understand those people and we just need to keep them away from us

does that count as progress?

maybe she'd be a fan of Tulsi

didn't this use to be the crazy fringe view we all mocked gwb for when he said "they hate us for freedom"

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
The Dems could win so easily if they ran on Medicare for all and socialized dental care and were serious about it.

They won't though.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

didn't this use to be the crazy fringe view we all mocked gwb for when he said "they hate us for freedom"

The Overton window shifted pretty far on the right; the Iraq War is the biggest reason McCain lost in '08 but then in 2016 you had Ted Cruz vowing to carbet-bomb the entire Mideast as a selling point during primary debates

Fringe views are less fringey if the RWM keeps spouting them over and over for a decade

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Frijolero posted:

Surprise, surprise. Boring white centrists are kinda racist.

They do the same thing to working class people. The working class is interpreted by them as white, even though a higher percentage of Blacks and Latinos work in low-wage blue-collar work.

Oh yeah just look no further than how they've all managed to make unions all racist because of the hardhat riot. So now all unions are right wing regardless of the actual history or membership that isn't homogenous politically

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

plebcomics is reactionary gamergate garbage, please don't post that poo poo here

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Zuck Zone has high standards

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

It's hard for your average American to not have some bias against "Muslims" when both parties have vilified all the major Middle Eastern countries for the past 20 years.

Aside from the typical right-wing hate that Iraqis and Afghanis receive, Democrats have told us that Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah hate us and want to destroy our way of life.

(Also, plenty of Muslims do rightfully hate us, just not because of the freedom stuff)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I enjoy that the democratic party's rhetoric around bigotry towards muslims was essentially "we should actually be nice, because they can help us kill other muslims that are actually bad."

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i just wanna say that bill de blasio is a lovely dem more concerned with trying to dunk on trump than doing his job as mayor

What's wrong with him? I like his "stop bein pigs and I'll stop treating you like swing" policy with the nypd. Flying g to hamburg and missing the funeral of the latest baconized pig was :discourse:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

zegermans posted:

What's wrong with him? I like his "stop bein pigs and I'll stop treating you like swing" policy with the nypd. Flying g to hamburg and missing the funeral of the latest baconized pig was :discourse:

The "Running on C.P. time" "joke" with Clinton was pretty loving awful.

But otherwise he's fine I guess.

At the time of the election, I though Weiner was a better option for the working class in the city but yeah, bullet dodged.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ugh.... what a uhhhhh SNOWFLAKE!!!!!!!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh Snapple! posted:

I enjoy that the democratic party's rhetoric around bigotry towards muslims was essentially "we should actually be nice, because they can help us kill other muslims that are actually bad."

This, among dozens of other things, is a reason people don't understand the party.

They have no cohesive message or policy on Islamism. Obama did well in trying to explain to people that terrorism isn't a Muslim thing, but then went on to bomb the poo poo out of innocent Muslim people. Democrats tell us that Muslim-Americans are good Americans, and then label their countries of origin as sponsors of terror.

It's a losing position and the hard-line Republicans will always win because the ball is in their court.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
"Liberal interventionism" in the middle east is like the dumbest loving political position possible and also unpopular so of course Bad Dems have to be enamored with it.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Barry Convex posted:

plebcomics is reactionary gamergate garbage, please don't post that poo poo here

aah i didn't know

still pretty funny though because bad dems constantly do poo poo like that just to attack bernie

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Rip pleb dril comix

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Shut the gently caress up about gamergate.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Libs love to promulgate that "all lives matter" is not racist but "workers of the world unite" is.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Ruzihm posted:

Libs love to promulgate that "all lives matter" is not racist but "workers of the world unite" is.

wait, dems embraced all lives matter?

:ughh:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Condiv posted:

you don't want to turn off those moderate suburbanites, you see

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I always feel the need to repost this. This is the current (D) platform on Iran, look at how disingenuous and bipolar it is.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

it's gonna own humiliating bad Dems for the remainder of the life of the Democrat party.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/samswey/status/883332664845107202

this guy's got some takes :smaug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this is my favorite "so woke that you end up in favor of bombing foreign civilians" take from D&D

21 Muns posted:

This is an utterly foul cartoon, from the framing of preventing atrocities like gas attacks as "killing brown people" to the implication that Trump groping women isn't seriously evil. gently caress, even if Trump is killing brown people for no reason (and, to be fair to the cartoonist, he probably is, but the thing he's referring to in this comic, based on the talking points, is the airfield bombing in Syria, which isn't even killing anyone, let alone for no reason), that'd be better than him groping women; most presidents have killed brown people for no reason, but none of them have, AFAIK, violated women's boundaries before (except for Thomas Jefferson, I guess, but no one knew that at the time). War is lovely, but it's always been lovely; meanwhile, Trump is turning back women's rights to a time before our country's foundation, when they couldn't even vote. And this cartoon is just helping him right along by literally portraying his victims as inanimate objects.

I wish we were getting lovely hot take cartoons about Hillary instead of Trump. :smith:

"What's worse: Hillary killing brown people, or Hillary being a woman president?"
-Alternate Universe Cyansky Probably

just breathe it in

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Condiv posted:

Well both Hillary and O'Malley said it at different times before their handlers told them to cut it out.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Actually knowing what I know about Hillary's handlers they probably told her to keep saying it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

"All lives matter" - THIS IS THE WORST RESPONSE

That was a good memo

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

KomradeX posted:

The complete erasure of Left Wing PoC and the formation of all left wing thought being racist was one of the most aggravating things about the campagin last year (and about posting in D&D)

that's why i stopped posting

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Ace of Baes posted:

The Dems could win so easily if they ran on Medicare for all and socialized dental care and were serious about it.

They won't though.

+ legal weed

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

hard to believe that lanyards would do anything except work with and for other lanyards and to secure that over-the-top consulting paycheck

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
My idea for a DCCC sticker: FYGM lite is still technically better than FYGM

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Murdering innocent Muslim children and their families is lovely, but it's always been lovely

Now Trump turning back women's rights to a time where PFFFFTGVGJNHBH *a huge bloody poo poo tumbles out of my pants legs and splats down on the ground*

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Take's so spicy they couldn't be contained on twitter. (deleted)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loquacius posted:

this is my favorite "so woke that you end up in favor of bombing foreign civilians" take from D&D

just breathe it in

good lord

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

But we need to study it more first!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frijolero posted:

I always feel the need to repost this. This is the current (D) platform on Iran, look at how disingenuous and bipolar it is.

Doesn't most of things like connected to every major conflict in Middle East also the describe the USA?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

KomradeX posted:

The complete erasure of Left Wing PoC and the formation of all left wing thought being racist was one of the most aggravating things about the campagin last year (and about posting in D&D)

I also enjoyed the undercurrent of "the only PoC that matter are black people."

Every other minority group may as well have been white to a selection of folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

zegermans posted:

he should be doing his job

• Locked thread