Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
That's fine, the dromund kaas apartment has been completely empty forever. I'll definitely be buying my own waterworld play palace, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

I put some junk in the guild bank for a new contest.

Happy fourth of july you clown touchers.

:torgue: CONTEST TIME AGAIN! :torgue:

Medullah posted:

Let's celebrate with screenshots or videos of you launching missiles or orbital strikes or fireworks! Best 3 win a prize! Two weeks deadline!

Now, you may be thinking 'but Medullah, I play a class which doesn't have missiles or orbital strikes or fireworks!' In that case go find one of the many areas in the game with big fuckoff missiles, explosions and/or fireworks and incorporate them into your work. The bigger the better! Maybe you could go run a ship battle and get some wicked footage of you blowing up the enemy being totalled by your missile swarms? Perhaps a trip to Cademimu to visit General Ortol for some rocket tips? You decide!

To give you an idea of what's up for grabs courtesy of NE:
Plus countless other bits and pieces such as companion creatures and bots.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
As always, number of prizes award will depend on number of entries and level of effort.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

M_Sinistrari posted:

Considering how absolutely obsessed people were with tearing through the event content even though it was the same stuff they've been doing before, they'll completely be going crazy doing it all again and complaining about it profusely while marathoning it all.

If there's another companion I'll do it all again and will, indeed, complain the entire time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Also, in honor of successful launch!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Aleth posted:

but Medullah, I play a class which doesn't have

Does anyone still not have at least 3 or 4 of every class?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Does anyone still not have at least 3 or 4 of every class?

The constant stream of new players that join TNG and play for 3-6 months then move on. :)

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Basically people seem to play this game until they've played through all the class storylines, maybe repeat one or two if they're really into it, then move along.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Preechr posted:

That's fine, the dromund kaas apartment has been completely empty forever. I'll definitely be buying my own waterworld play palace, though.

Does anyone even go to the Dromund Kaas apartment? I went once and it felt like it was just done to say we had one with the rest of the effort dedicated to the Space Bar.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

Does anyone even go to the Dromund Kaas apartment? I went once and it felt like it was just done to say we had one with the rest of the effort dedicated to the Space Bar.

Someone was trying to decorate it with some level of effort a while back, but then just went nuts and dumped crap in it. I picked up most of the decorations for guild ship decos after Oedzi passed away.

On a related note, when we get the new stronghold, is there anyone who would really want to decorate it? Like, take time and effort?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Someone was trying to decorate it with some level of effort a while back, but then just went nuts and dumped crap in it. I picked up most of the decorations for guild ship decos after Oedzi passed away.

On a related note, when we get the new stronghold, is there anyone who would really want to decorate it? Like, take time and effort?

I'm up to play dollhouse at least as far as the decoration limits allow.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm up to play dollhouse at least as far as the decoration limits allow.

What's your Imperial character names? I'll give you a key.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Benthalus posted:

Basically people seem to play this game until they've played through all the class storylines, maybe repeat one or two if they're really into it, then move along.

I just dropped TOR because I hated Knights of the Fallen Empire and nothing about Eternal Throne has made me want to come back. I'm certainly open to coming back if a future expansion includes content and story I care about.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Benthalus posted:

Don't you get legacy orbital strike for beating the agent story? Space lasers 4 all

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Benthalus posted:

You say this like it's not the healthy, sane thing to do when you've wrung pretty much every last drop of good out of a 6 year old game. Even completing every last class to me seems a little bonkers.

Edit: did Oedzi seriously die or just quit in favor of FFXIV?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

Edit: did Oedzi seriously die or just quit in favor of FFXIV?

A tragic runaway blimp accident. Very sad.

According to witnesses, his last words were "I... don't regret... the time I spent... gathering datacrons..."

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

What's your Imperial character names? I'll give you a key.

Send one to Ahdiia. She's already got one for the Space Bar.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Medullah posted:

But did you get a Gamorrean Guard companion? Because I did.

Someone with more time than me go through​ the archives and find the time period from the first event and collect my increasingly anger fueled posts about my lovely luck with the Rancor

I gambled myself completely broke trying for that thing

Benthalus posted:

I play until I hit a wall where logging in seems a monumental pain in the rear end, then do something else. Right now I am giving Fallout: New Vegas a first time play through. Will be back in TOR at some point as I still have classes not yet played

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 9, 2017

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
First time logging in for over a year. Why is half of my inventory converted into items that are locked in the Collections menu? All of that garbage that I got from opening crates is now locked behind another paywall? Obnoxious.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It's the same as it's always been - if you haven't bound the item, it remains locked in collections. Otherwise you could just sell the item. So if it's a toy or weapon, once you equip or use it, it's bound and unlocks for that character in collections, and can be unlocked for your account for a CC cost.

Armor pieces will not unlock in Collections until you equip ALL PIECES in the set on THE SAME character.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Medullah posted:

It's the same as it's always been - if you haven't bound the item, it remains locked in collections. Otherwise you could just sell the item. So if it's a toy or weapon, once you equip or use it, it's bound and unlocks for that character in collections, and can be unlocked for your account for a CC cost.

Armor pieces will not unlock in Collections until you equip ALL PIECES in the set on THE SAME character.

When I left the items were displayed as the boxes (or whatever you want to call them) that contained the items, and once you opened them they became bound. I don't remember any of them requiring additional purchases to unlock/use. What you're saying is that it is just a cosmetic change with a new tooltip?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

reagan posted:

When I left the items were displayed as the boxes (or whatever you want to call them) that contained the items, and once you opened them they became bound. I don't remember any of them requiring additional purchases to unlock/use. What you're saying is that it is just a cosmetic change with a new tooltip?

Well there have been a few cosmetic changes. Can you show me an example screenshot of what you're talking about? Either way, the items aren't truly bound until they've been equipped. There's definitely no additional pay wall added.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I've been playing off and on for some months, enjoying the class stories. I'm a sucker for choose-your-own-adventure video games. Sadly, as an MMO, you can't undo decisions and my Agent told Darth Jones that yes, Sith Jonestown would be a wonderful thing. Oops. I do wish a character could boot companions. My agent is little Miss Imperial Fangirl and Kaliyo's burn it all down style doesn't sit well.

I'm also trying out warzones, just to get to 14 valor so I can buy Imperial flags for my Vancouver Kass City apartment. Imperial barbie is important to me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hasta La Vista passing crystals (and now tunings) around in Legacy weapons to unlock for each character in collections minor exploit

Patch Notes for tomorrow posted:

Character bound Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings from the Cartel Market (direct sale or packs) can no longer be moved across characters via Legacy Weapons.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Customizable Lana Beniko. :heysexy:

PvP gonna be interesting tomorrow evening. Orbital Strike not interrupting objectives was unneeded but whatever. If you've been playing Corruption and your Madness game is rusty remember 4 stacks of Wrath->Recklesness->Force Leech->Death Field->Demolish.

Really wish they'd bump Death Field up to 6 meters.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Customizable Lana Beniko. :heysexy:

PvP gonna be interesting tomorrow evening. Orbital Strike not interrupting objectives was unneeded but whatever. If you've been playing Corruption and your Madness game is rusty remember 4 stacks of Wrath->Recklesness->Force Leech->Death Field->Demolish.

Really wish they'd bump Death Field up to 6 meters.

I played all of 4.0 doing pretty much nothing BUT Madness sorc, it'd be nice if they were viable in PvP again. I understand they can't be as OP as they were in 4.0, but man did they take a hit.

I'm actually all for less poo poo interrupting node capping. Actually having to have people intentionally try and stop you from capping rather than spamming AOEs is great. I'd be all for it going to like they WERE going to make it where AOEs wouldn't stop you at all. It'd be nice to have less than 16 minute Voidstar matches. :D

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I'm actually all for less poo poo interrupting node capping. Actually having to have people intentionally try and stop you from capping rather than spamming AOEs is great. I'd be all for it going to like they WERE going to make it where AOEs wouldn't stop you at all. It'd be nice to have less than 16 minute Voidstar matches. :D

Did you play on the PTS when AoE's didn't stop caps? The meta devolved real quick into the entire team spam capping since you couldn't stop everyone, especially if you were melee heavy. The team that got to the node first won every single time.

It was basically have Predation on your team or lose.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ugh I guess that would suck. I just get so sick of no objective matches. I think the Plasma Probe and Orbital changes will help a lot as engineering invincible Sniper is currently the most annoying.

That said, RIP Toxic Haze not stopping caps, now I'll have to actually put some effort in when I'm outnumbered and guarding a node rather than playing grab rear end and running around waiting for it to come back up.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Did you play on the PTS when AoE's didn't stop caps? The meta devolved real quick into the entire team spam capping since you couldn't stop everyone, especially if you were melee heavy. The team that got to the node first won every single time.

It was basically have Predation on your team or lose.

Had plenty of times where AoEs were the only way to actually hit the guy at the door because the enemy team was coordinated enough to stack up and have multiple people spam it. Tab targeting doesn't get through that poo poo effectively enough.

Edit: To make it a game of skillful coordination vs skillful coordination, it's a lot easier to have a team spam a door than to arrange targets for each person on your team to smack to disrupt that kind of thing.

Allatum fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 11, 2017

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

:getout:
Is there a goon guild on The Harbinger empire side? Reinstalling to see whats new.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Come and get your love.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Holy poo poo those are great Non-entity.

In other news, in their zeal to stop people from abusing the legacy weapon crystal/tuning exploit, they have effectively ruined the concept of Legacy weapons by not allowing them to be mailed or stored in legacy vaults if they have a Cartel Market crystal or tuning. Nice work!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Come and get your love.

Slick, but your hosted images still don't auto display on SA.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

nonentity posted:

Come and get your love.

Are... are we getting holsters? :neckbeard:

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Aleth posted:

Slick, but your hosted images still don't auto display on SA.

Yes they do. Your internet must be broken.

Preechr posted:

Are... are we getting holsters? :neckbeard:

:iiam:

nonentity fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 11, 2017

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

nonentity posted:

Yes they do. Your internet must be broken.

No, they don't.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shows for me on the Awful app.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Browser SA won't display images that aren't hosted on https.

There may be some bad browsers that still show them.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Doesn't load for me, non-dad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
In other news you can now pretty up Lana:

• Locked thread