Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

No Wave posted:

Dwarves are the only evil deck because they're trying to stop you from doing your dailies.

I about at the point where I'm not going to gg when I get 2-0'd. Even besides dwarves, dry passing round 2 is so much more rare than at the start of open beta. Makes me never wanna pass round 1, even if I'm up a lot and sure the opponent would need to play 2 cards to win the round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Easiest gigni of my life

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

Easiest gigni of my life

in the last 2 days i have melted so many northern realms cards with scorch or epidemic.

One guy just ff after i took off 20 points.

it's ironic that dwarvs, the deck i felt too bored to play with, are now so absurdly strong and even if i pull every scorch card in my deck I feel like it's almost impossible to win vs them

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I remember thinking the dwarf nerf (to only one round of resilience) was excessive and yes I feel very differently now.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

No Wave posted:

I remember thinking the dwarf nerf (to only one round of resilience) was excessive and yes I feel very differently now.

Why does it matter, that deck 2-0s people anyway :v:

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
Got up to 3500 with Radovid Control which has good matchups against both consume monsters and dwarves, although I think it's too underpowered to be a tier 1 deck.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Mind sharing the deck? I wouldn't mind trying a Radovid deck.

Actually thats a good question, what is the best deck sharing website? Gwentdb?

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
You need at least two sources of reset to get anywhere in ranked

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/24576-truedawns-top-20-rado-control

This is the guy I stole it off, although the version I played had Ciri over Vernon Roche and a couple of different bronze spells (a 3rd Thunder and a 2nd Lacerate over the two Tremors). It's not clear to me that he changes he made are an improvement, but he's better than me so I guess you're better off with his version.

It's definitely not an autopilot deck so I'd be happy to answer questions (not that I'm any kind of real expert) or you could watch his stream to pick up some tips.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

King Pawn posted:

This is the guy I stole it off, although the version I played had Ciri over Vernon Roche and a couple of different bronze spells (a 3rd Thunder and a 2nd Lacerate over the two Tremors). It's not clear to me that he changes he made are an improvement, but he's better than me so I guess you're better off with his version.

It's definitely not an autopilot deck so I'd be happy to answer questions (not that I'm any kind of real expert) or you could watch his stream to pick up some tips.

Ha, I was just thinking a deck like that could be strong in this meta. Was planning on loving around with the idea tomorrow. I guess now I have a baseline to start from!

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I wish Bloody Baron was anything better than a 9 point gold in any matchup that isn't consume monsters

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

steakmancer posted:

I wish Bloody Baron was anything better than a 9 point gold in any matchup that isn't consume monsters

Not true, it's also pretty good against weather monsters. :v:

Or at least, I seem to recall the Foglet Juggle triggering it.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
It.. is? I never had it that low once.

My main gripe with the deck is that the bronzes suck. Aretuza Adepts are ok, but Redanian Knight is a sorry excuse for a card unless you can stick it in some weather. Alzur's Thunder feels good when you're picking off Mahakam Defenders before they can get buffed but sometimes they struggle to get even 7 points.

Spell Dwarves and Consume are nice matchups because they are essentially combo decks, if you can kill or lock some key pieces the rest of their cards are bad. Any generic good stuff deck will likely overpower you.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You can try reinforced trebs if your knights aren't getting value. I think the idea behind the knights is that they're resilient to reactive cards like lacerate in general and you don't have many targets for whatever of those your opponent is running.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

I was playing reveal decks before they were cool but I'm glad they are in style now. Still running letho+dbomb though since it can wreck consume decks and is still great against skellige.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010

No Wave posted:

You can try reinforced trebs if your knights aren't getting value. I think the idea behind the knights is that they're resilient to reactive cards like lacerate in general and you don't have many targets for whatever of those your opponent is running.

That's actually a really interesting idea. I might well try it.

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010
For those of you with more scraps than you know what to do with: now that the refund system for nerfed cards has been changed to refund scraps and animation powder it's possible to turn scraps into powder with the weather cards. A premium weather card can be crafted for 200 scrap and mills for 30 scrap AND 100 powder, a 1.7 to one ratio..

e: Actually stammelfort's tremors gives an ever better ratio at 400 scap for a return of 80 scrap + 200 powder.

Cascade Failure fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 7, 2017

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
current rank 1 is playing vs Superjj (rank 3) using weather monsters

feels good to be right

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cascade Failure posted:

For those of you with more scraps than you know what to do with: now that the refund system for nerfed cards has been changed to refund scraps and animation powder it's possible to turn scraps into powder with the weather cards. A premium weather card can be crafted for 200 scrap and mills for 30 scrap AND 100 powder, a 1.7 to one ratio..

e: Actually stammelfort's tremors gives an ever better ratio at 400 scap for a return of 80 scrap + 200 powder.
Hey that's a good idea. Thanks for the heads up!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Hah hah, I was sure I was going to win with my three 18 strength Spotters in the three separate rows. The opponent had one card left, but I had enough overhead in points to win even if that card was G:Igni. Well, it wasn't, it was Scorch. Who the hell runs Scorch and not GIgni??
So it killed the three spotters, of course, and I lost the game.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Transmuting Roach is the smartest thing I've done so far in this game. Excellent card to have animated.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

EvanTH posted:

Transmuting Roach is the smartest thing I've done so far in this game. Excellent card to have animated.

Premium Roach is guaranteed to give you a 5% bonus in winrate too, it's that good

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Cascade Failure posted:

You're the best.

Turin Turambar posted:

Hah hah, I was sure I was going to win with my three 18 strength Spotters in the three separate rows. The opponent had one card left, but I had enough overhead in points to win even if that card was G:Igni. Well, it wasn't, it was Scorch. Who the hell runs Scorch and not GIgni??
So it killed the three spotters, of course, and I lost the game.

This meta has already seen many people breaking the No Gigni Accord, now even more toublemakers are running scorch. What kind of fiends run scorch? Butchers all of them.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Cascade Failure posted:

So this gives you a discount on crafting premium epics and legendaries it sounds like. You can spend 1600 scraps on a premium gold or 800 for a base gold and spend 640 for 400 powder. That's a 20% discount over the basic scrap price. Good deal.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Electronico6 posted:

You're the best.

This meta has already seen many people breaking the No Gigni Accord, now even more toublemakers are running scorch. What kind of fiends run scorch? Butchers all of them.

i love scorch so much i made a f un deck for myself with schirru, scorch, villen and eithne. (and aglais in case my enemy tries to get even)

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Up Circle posted:

i love scorch so much i made a f un deck for myself with schirru, scorch, villen and eithne. (and aglais in case my enemy tries to get even)

wow

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Up Circle posted:

I'm sure it plays exactly the way you spell it, a fffffffff un deck

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

King Pawn posted:

i have basically this exact deck except i swapped thaler for octvist, and uhh something else for cast/draw girl. also sarah for johnny in case you get a blomby baron

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

People can't just go around playing epidemic! I crafed Ves so that walls of blue stripes and kaedweni sergeants are scorch proof! :supaburn:

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Electronico6 posted:

I don't have gigni so yeah....

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
yen con is the gentleman's alternative to gigni

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tales of conceding too early:

I'm at 29, opponent is at 32. I have zero cards in deck (he has 7) and one card left in hand, Gaunter. I play it and he immediately concedes before I can choose an option.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

No Wave posted:

Tales of conceding too early:

I'm at 29, opponent is at 32. I have zero cards in deck (he has 7) and one card left in hand, Gaunter. I play it and he immediately concedes before I can choose an option.

I should definitely craft Gaunter so I have an excuse for any time I lose so have something to replace Triss with

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

I know Reavers aren't a tier 1 deck, but I love playing them. I just had a guy bring 102 points worth of resilient cards into round 3 after I passed early.

First thing he did was Letho them to put him up 109 to nothing.

Using 4 reavers I still came back and won.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010

Class Warcraft posted:

I know Reavers aren't a tier 1 deck

They are.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Using Assire to shuffle Queensguards back into someone's deck in round 2 is a wonderful feeling.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Subvisual Haze posted:

Using Assire to shuffle Queensguards back into someone's deck in round 2 is a wonderful feeling.
I've never thought of that but that is quite funny.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

I don't understand what just happened. I played Udalryk and got the choice of Clan Dimun Pirate and Ciri:Dash. I picked Clan Dimun Pirate but got Ciri:Dash in my hand instead, and nothing went into my graveyard. The hell?

Ok I found out what happened. What Udalryk actually does is discard a card and then draw the top card of your deck. Since Ciri: Dash goes back into your deck there's a chance it can be the top card.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The same thing happened to me today! I just figured it was a bug though I did notice my Ciri dash had gained 3 strength. Thanks for figuring it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Enemy plays Hjalmar, so I counter with Emhyr and take that giant back to my hand to be mulliganed away later and then he concedes. :smuggo:

Is lack of weather clearing popular now? At low ranks, it seems rather uncommon. I'm sure there are some rather happy players just starting with Eredin...