Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Can you do vargary with trusts? I know it's not omen so nobody cares, but you still need to do it for AF3 upgrade stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Male of the Century posted:

Can you do vargary with trusts? I know it's not omen so nobody cares, but you still need to do it for AF3 upgrade stuff

Not really. Some of the runs need a few key people. Some crazy spergs have soloed specific key parts though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I suspect Vagary will get some weird tweak in the next year. Having it lock out certain reforged equipment just seems ridiculous when the final two NMs require bizarre battle requirements.

When I got mine done, the SAM we took with us did the proper skillchain numbers and everything with his 1 hour, but the final NM didn't pop. Had to get real lucky with some haste gear and occasionally attack twice great katanas. NM popped with five minutes remaining. REAL FUN!

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/15627/detail.html

Event period
Tuesday, July 11, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, July 31 at 7:59 a.m.

Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign
Delve Campaign – PLUS
Abyssea Campaign
Double Unity Accolade Campaign
Vagary Campaign
Voidwatch Campaign
Unity Wanted Campaign
High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign
Dynamis Granules of Time Campaign
Omen Job Card Campaign

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
That Vagary campaign is timely

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Kieyen posted:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/15627/detail.html

Event period
Tuesday, July 11, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, July 31 at 7:59 a.m.

Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign
Delve Campaign – PLUS
Abyssea Campaign
Double Unity Accolade Campaign
Vagary Campaign
Voidwatch Campaign
Unity Wanted Campaign
High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign
Dynamis Granules of Time Campaign
Omen Job Card Campaign

oh neat another campaign devoted to flooding the market with RME upgrade materials and pops

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dynamis, as it happens, sucks serious rear end during those campaigns. Typically I can slip into Buburimu and operate unobstructed, but not with this crap rolling through. People everywhere, just everywhere

:qq:

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Help me finish Vagary please. IGN Herewaard

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
what is vagary, that something i should be paying attention to?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm trying this out due to it being on sale, who's the most active goon I can get a linkpearl off of? My IGN is Irongauntlet.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Lladre posted:

what is vagary, that something i should be paying attention to?

An endgame event from seekers of adoulin. Completing all 5 bosses unlocks upgrading the relic armor set from level 109 to 119. It's an event that ranges from ok to terrible to do.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ugh, gently caress. I was going to set everything aside and finish CoP, but maybe I should do audolin instead so I can get in on the job card farm.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
Man, compared to the other expansions the SoA storyline is sooo boring.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Sprite141 posted:

Ugh, gently caress. I was going to set everything aside and finish CoP, but maybe I should do audolin instead so I can get in on the job card farm.

Might as well. There's a lot of waiting til the next day at the end of some missions.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Sprite141 posted:

RoV is the expansion to finish for job card farming. You only need to get to the end of ch 2 for the green light to finish RoV.

CoP will be required to reforge your AF to be able to +2/3 it.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

LiquidFriend posted:

RoV is the expansion to finish for job card farming. You only need to get to the end of ch 2 for the green light to finish RoV.

CoP will be required to reforge your AF to be able to +2/3 it.

Well poo poo, I just got that far in audolin last night. Time to finish RoV I suppose.

Kieyen posted:

Might as well. There's a lot of waiting til the next day at the end of some missions.

Yeah there is, it's starting to get annoying!

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
What's the current going rate on Molybdosis gun?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Hey SE, I noticed you made HD versions of FFX\X-2 and XII, could you make a HD FFXI for PS4 pretty please?

*holds breath, suffocates and dies*

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ffxi mobile

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Hey abyssea events don't up proc rates, right? I still have to do the whole sing and dance? I really need my abyssean accessories.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Hey SE, I noticed you made HD versions of FFX\X-2 and XII, could you make a HD FFXI for PS4 pretty please?

*holds breath, suffocates and dies*

they tried that it was called FF14 1.0

it didnt do too well

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

What the gently caress is a job card

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

What the gently caress is a job card

From the omen event. Used to upgrade that job's af armor from 119 (+1) to 119+2 and 119+3.

Seriously. We're on our like 6th or so cylce of af sets.

Hats for Rabbits
Sep 6, 2010
hey what are the good jobs for doing stuff nowadays
is it still all pet jobs all the time and maybe some mages every now and then or are melee decent

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Melee need high rear end accuracy for end game stuff. You can still dick around but you gotta have hella good gear to reach the breakpoints.

14 made a good call deleting accuracy so quickly to avoid this nightmare.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Kuai posted:

they tried that it was called FF14 1.0

it didnt do too well

FF14 1.0 never actually made it to PS4. Thank God.

I try my best to forget that ever existed at all. I actually played it. It was something that had to be seen to be believed. People who have never played it will never understand truly just how bad it was.

Hats for Rabbits
Sep 6, 2010
guess i'm GEOing it up then, thanks.
is there an ls on asura and can i get a pearl? IGN Eliira

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

I spent eight hours last night hunting Cargo Crab Colin. On the 4th spawn it dropped my prescious Nadrs.

Don't tell me how to live my life.

Also, did they fix the front paw of of the beetles? It only took them, what, 13 years?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I spent eight hours last night hunting Cargo Crab Colin. On the 4th spawn it dropped my prescious Nadrs.

Don't tell me how to live my life.

Also, did they fix the front paw of of the beetles? It only took them, what, 13 years?

I doubt it. I know they fixed it for the beetle mount.

Anyone know if job card farming can be done with smaller numbers? I am trying to figure out how many pugs I need to drag along with me when I do my omen stuff during the omen job card campaign. I need a lot of job cards on my drk.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Who said you could ever play not GEO again?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Who said you could ever play not GEO again?

LOL, you got me, time to go back to my geo cage

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What's the current strategy for this month's ambuscade? I know it's vermin/undead.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
frod make the guide

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Shinjobi posted:

What's the current strategy for this month's ambuscade? I know it's vermin/undead.

V2 is that each of the pops gets more difficult as you go. General strategy seems to be Right, Center, Left. Ends up being Chapuli, beetle, wamoura. The chapuli gets too evasive if you do it last and the beetle gets too defensive if you do it last. The wanoura has a TP love that heals itself but you can power through.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Dear god the RoV credits last forever, and there's no way to skip it.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Sprite141 posted:

Dear god the RoV credits last forever, and there's no way to skip it.
Use config+fastCS add on. Goes so much quicker.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
On the ffxiah forum, they are talking about getting 10 job cards per card farming run of Omen. I hope this is close to accurate. FFXIAH has a tendency to exagerate. Like Frod talking about housing an entire immigrant family in his butt. When it was just cat and a dog. :smugdon:

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

frod make the guide

This would involve me not being a lazy poo poo.

P.s. fucksticks. Do ALL the vanaversary roe quests. The keys can net you the rare bodies from omen. How rare are they? My group has been pretty consistent on omen since implementation, we have only seen 2 bodies drop total.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

frodnonnag posted:

This would involve me not being a lazy poo poo.

P.s. fucksticks. Do ALL the vanaversary roe quests. The keys can net you the rare bodies from omen. How rare are they? My group has been pretty consistent on omen since implementation, we have only seen 2 bodies drop total.

They're still just gobbie keys with more items on them though. Odds of getting that is the same as getting goblin chocolate.

I'm gonna wait for a dial event to turn mine in, since it'll give higher equipment drop rates.

Edit: Ok so apparently it's possible to solo card run some omen floors if you have a dps set. It's also even better to get more people then split up and have everyone summon their own trusts! Which explains why people were calling for runs of x out of 18 people.

You all probably know this, but it's news to me.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

On the ffxiah forum, they are talking about getting 10 job cards per card farming run of Omen. I hope this is close to accurate. FFXIAH has a tendency to exagerate. Like Frod talking about housing an entire immigrant family in his butt. When it was just cat and a dog. :smugdon:
I'd say that's rather accurate. Frod can fit a lot into his anus.

Some say even an entire sanctuary city.