Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dr.acula posted:

Where when why did people start using the term job?

A long time ago in pro wrestling because it meant you were taking a loss to get paid aka doing your job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dias posted:

A long time ago in pro wrestling because it meant you were taking a loss to get paid aka doing your job.
It also has connotations of losing real bad or doing it regularly. Like, Vegeta didn't job to Goku in the Saiyan Saga.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Jobbing in wrestling is generally done to have the newest bad guy look really strong, so in that sense Vegeta is a very good jobber.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Bell_ posted:

I wish she didn't job immediately

In fairness, it sounds like there'll be a whole episode of her running around tearing poo poo up before Jiren puts her down. Also, the spoilers don't necessarily say she gets knocked out of the ring, just that Jiren defeats her so she might not be completely finished after the episode.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 7, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

khwarezm posted:

In fairness, it sounds like there'll be a whole episode of her running around tearing poo poo up before Jiren puts her down. Also, the spoilers don't necessarily say she gets knocked out of the ring, just that Jiren defeats her so she might not be completely finished after the episode.

We know from a scan that she has a non-berserk Super Saiyan form, so she can't get knocked out until we see it, logically.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Raxivace posted:

Multiverse had a few neat ideas. Like I think its cool that the "Frieza Wins!" universe happened because Krillin ignored Goku and killed Vegeta on Earth for example.

OTOH there's a lot of chapters where the big change in the story is just the villain winning a beam struggle or whatever. There's also a million chapters about Bojack for some reason.

I think the most pointless one was Future Gohan somehow soloing the Buu saga because Babidi was a complete moron. Like most "specials" are pretty bad but that one stands out as especially pointless.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

We know from a scan that she has a non-berserk Super Saiyan form, so she can't get knocked out until we see it, logically.

This assumes the arc ends when the TOP does.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

StrifeHira posted:

I think the most pointless one was Future Gohan somehow soloing the Buu saga because Babidi was a complete moron. Like most "specials" are pretty bad but that one stands out as especially pointless.

Like honestly with multiverse, the specials happen and you kinda just ignore them, wait until the comic comes back off hiatus and then powerread whatever's happened.

There are some honestly good ones though, I like the noire-esque Ghast arc they did a while back.

But mainly you're reading because you were hooked during the Dragonball drought before super got good and because the art is pretty fantastic.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Remember when all those people had their super-cool OCs put into the comic, and the whole lot of them got their asses beat by Videl? That was loving amazing, especially the storm of angry comments.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

Remember when all those people had their super-cool OCs put into the comic, and the whole lot of them got their asses beat by Videl? That was loving amazing, especially the storm of angry comments.

I'm gonna need a link for this.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm gonna need a link for this.

Yorkshire Tea posted some quotes when it happened

Yorkshire Tea posted:

He trained with Frieza and got hench.

DBM is hilarious right now. So some fans won Cameos for the original characters in DBM. They tried to trap Videl and got the poo poo kicked out of them.

The tears are amazing. "There's no way my (and I'm not making GBS threads you) Mage/Pokemon character would get chumped by an earthling as weak as Videl!"

Goddamn the DBM team deserve a medal for doing this.

quote:

LSSJG Kor Saiyajinkami
Okay I think now I'm kinda glad that I didn't win the contest to have my OC in the comic because I would've been pissed to have him both under Majin control and to have him lose to Videl seeing as my character is to put it bluntly is an extremely powerful genetically engineered Saiyan that is kinda like Cell and far outclasses Beerus-sama. Yeah I know he's a Mary Sue, but I made him that way on purpose. Don't get me wrong, I don't just go around rekking everyone I come across with him. He has a nemesis that is well himself from a Shattered Glass Universe and the mechanics of my RP make it to where he gets nerfed to be somewhere in the same power Tier as the strongest warrior in whatever Universe he is within.

quote:

Come on DBM Team... just having a single cameo would have been better than this. I don't think we wanted to see our characters get turned into worthless villains to be beaten up by the weakest of DBZ characters. I mean, I would think any kind of Mage/Pokemon would have a chance at beating Videl in a 4v1 scenario. Guess they didn't give him any powers whatsoever to be on par with the other 3 human characters. Would have been a ton cooler to see him assist Babidi in Magic or have helped the Z-fighters in someway and not been Majin'd at all.

quote:

The Delphox has powers of his own and is a fighter, but, I don't think the DBM team decided to give him those powers based on how he's been portrayed so far. Videl is tough, but she wouldn't be able to beat his magic if he had actually used it.

Anyways, most of us are just dissapointed because of how they were all pretty much set up to fail while anyone who didn't win is having a feild day with it, and it's not even the characters' fault to begin with. We just expected to have our characters innocently be in the crowds , but they get mind controlled into being beaten up. Kinda sucks =/

Feels like being Contest Losers rather than Contest winners

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Spoilers from discussions of currently unaired episodes (wtf?): Why does everyone assume Krillin is about to kill someone accidentally? All I see is that he jumps to 18's rescue, "but then..." Am I missing a source somewhere?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Spoilers from discussions of currently unaired episodes (wtf?): Why does everyone assume Krillin is about to kill someone accidentally? All I see is that he jumps to 18's rescue, "but then..." Am I missing a source somewhere?

The other summaries say he throws a destructo disc and the next episode summary says he's unexpectedly disqualified.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I'm very glad to wake up today and learn even more about the depths of dbz fandom

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

ImpAtom posted:

The other summaries say he throws a destructo disc and the next episode summary says he's unexpectedly disqualified.

Ahh that's what I missed then, thanks.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

LSSJG Kor Saiyajinkami

Caulifla's going to reach this form in about ten minutes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Krillin is going to have the coolest moment in the tournament, in my opinion.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/883363328017301504

Murata's Beerus is weird but everything else he draws is amazing and makes me want a DB spinoff drawn by him more and more.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, his Beerus was awful, but this shows that he understands DBZ quite well. Nappa is the super buff super intimidating looking fellow, while Vegeta is this tiny little dude, and we know how that goes

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Caulifla's going to reach this form in about ten minutes.

She's not a real saiyan until she unlocks a new form, gets cocky and gets horribly owned because of it

Burkion posted:

Seriously, his Beerus was awful, but this shows that he understands DBZ quite well. Nappa is the super buff super intimidating looking fellow, while Vegeta is this tiny little dude, and we know how that goes

I think he just wanted to draw a buff kitty, he draws a ton of thin, quick characters.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I still think Krillin is going to be framed by Frieza.

Remember, he has a energy disk attack too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I just want Caulifla to have a good fight.

Please just let her have a good fight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

I just want Caulifla to have a good fight.

Please just let her have a good fight.

Her name isn't Goku.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I saw a few of murata's dragon ball sketches and this is the one that stood out to me

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Tao is the best character

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I want everyone to imagine Nappa trying to raise his arms over his head.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Her name isn't Goku.

She's better and I can dream for now. :smith:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Caulifla is going to get a viral heart disease in the middle of the tournament

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/883363328017301504

Murata's Beerus is weird but everything else he draws is amazing and makes me want a DB spinoff drawn by him more and more.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I saw a few of murata's dragon ball sketches and this is the one that stood out to me

Murata loving owns

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I really like Murata's interpretation of Gine

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/880777785861521408

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/880299756555194368

Murata's Jaco is really good

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

She's better and I can dream for now. :smith:

clearly he meant that caulifla will actually win her fights

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Here's a question: if Gine wasn't part of the fighting force, why did she still wear armor? Saiyan culture may revolve around combat, but was there really no casualwear?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Here's a question: if Gine wasn't part of the fighting force, why did she still wear armor? Saiyan culture may revolve around combat, but was there really no casualwear?

Considering how often Vegeta calls them a Warrior Race?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TrilliontonNixon posted:

That WAS the casualwear.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean it doesn't really look like that armor ever really protected anyone anyway...

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm fine with Gine, but the story she's in bugs me, since I find the story of bardock ova to be way more interesting. Bardock's better when he's clearly a selfish rear end in a top hat, not some superhero that they later tried to turn him in to.

I just can't see him having a nice family life with Gine.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Monaghan posted:

I'm fine with Gine, but the story she's in bugs me, since I find the story of bardock ova to be way more interesting. Bardock's better when he's clearly a selfish rear end in a top hat, not some superhero that they later tried to turn him in to.

I just can't see him having a nice family life with Gine.

Toriyama did not make the Story of Bardock, and it honestly kind of shows. It's darker than anything he ever has done before or since, and what he came up with in Dragon Ball Minus fits far better with his personal taste and tone

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Burkion posted:

Toriyama did not make the Story of Bardock, and it honestly kind of shows. It's darker than anything he ever has done before or since, and what he came up with in Dragon Ball Minus fits far better with his personal taste and tone

I know and I think whoever wrote story of bardock had a better take on bardock than toriyama did :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Monaghan posted:

I know and I think whoever wrote story of bardock had a better take on bardock than toriyama did :shrug:.

Notice, I never said anything about the quality of either.

There's a reason for that.

• Locked thread