Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

the good fax machine posted:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but it necessary to see any of the other Wolverine movies before watching Logan? I haven't watched anything Xmen related since Xmen 3 (god drat that movie was poo poo)

I would recommend "The Wolverine" too (not the "Origins" one unless you're curious to see how cheaply it was made). Especially after X3 it was refreshing to see action poo poo scaled down. Wolverine also gets more interesting once he's not essentially bulletproof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm glad I missed all the bad Spider-man movies when the last one I saw was Spider-man 2. I'm probably going to watch this new one though since Sony finally wised up and joined with Disney, now all they have to do is sell the property back to Disney and everything will be alright. I wonder how much it would take for Disney to buy the FF rights from Fox?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm glad that Spiderman has been mangled so effectively as a franchise because even as far as superheroes go Spiderman sucks rear end.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

reignofevil posted:

I'm glad that Spiderman has been mangled so effectively as a franchise because even as far as superheroes go Spiderman sucks rear end.

I remember hearing the Clone Saga being a confusing mangled mess too so it kind of fits that there's so many drat reboots. The cartoon had some episodes featuring Spidermans from a bunch of different universes too.

Too many drat spidermans

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
He was bitten by a magic spider and now he has all the powers of spider...... for instance super strength and....he swings on ropes like tarzan? He shoots webs out of his hands, which isn't like a spider, and also he didnt get that from the spider bite he built it or soemthing i dunno.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harveygod posted:

I would recommend "The Wolverine" too (not the "Origins" one unless you're curious to see how cheaply it was made). Especially after X3 it was refreshing to see action poo poo scaled down. Wolverine also gets more interesting once he's not essentially bulletproof.

Is Origins the one with Ryan Reynolds in it? I feel like I've seen bits and pieces of that when it was on cable and there was nothing better on, and not being very impressed.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
but i hear tale hes got a super cute colored girl friend in this new movie which is.......right up my alley if you know what i mean

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Trunko posted:

He was bitten by a magic spider and now he has all the powers of spider...... for instance super strength and....he swings on ropes like tarzan? He shoots webs out of his hands, which isn't like a spider, and also he didnt get that from the spider bite he built it or soemthing i dunno.

Actually this is the only part I liked, I once knew this hardcore Spiderman fan who was telling me how great the comics were and he was all "ya he made these cool web shooters for his wrist!" And unlike this kid my parents HAD got me the web shooter silly string play set so I knew how much airtime Spiderman could roughly handle before having to swap out his gigantic paint can sized wrist ammo mid air and it was the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The Tobey spidermans had that weird body horror thing of wrist proboscis' that oozed fluid :barf:

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Trunko posted:

but i hear tale hes got a super cute colored girl friend in this new movie which is.......right up my alley if you know what i mean

word

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Is Origins the one with Ryan Reynolds in it? I feel like I've seen bits and pieces of that when it was on cable and there was nothing better on, and not being very impressed.

Yeah. It's most memorable for having a mute Deadpool and shockingly bad CGI claws in the bathroom scene. If you haven't seen it, imagine how Eddie Valiant looked holding his cartoon gun in Roger Rabbit. I'm not exaggerating.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

How have you managed to maintain the same gimmick on this website, AND the byob offsite for over ten years....................

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Trunko posted:

How have you managed to maintain the same gimmick on this website, AND the byob offsite for over ten years....................

what gimmick?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
seriously dude, what have you been up to this past decade

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Logan was so loving good

priznat posted:

The Tobey spidermans had that weird body horror thing of wrist proboscis' that oozed fluid :barf:

They hold up really well.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's beautiful reunions like this that this barely adequate thread was made for.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

a star war betamax posted:

seriously dude, what have you been up to this past decade

chillin

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
yikes

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Paladinus posted:

They are on a sick leave.

What about Catwoman?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Harveygod posted:

Yeah. It's most memorable for having a mute Deadpool and shockingly bad CGI claws in the bathroom scene. If you haven't seen it, imagine how Eddie Valiant looked holding his cartoon gun in Roger Rabbit. I'm not exaggerating.

What do you mean they look and sound so real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc2S1LvT_Cg

I need to see this now, I've only seen that clip.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Catwoman was interesting when she was the Nolan take without the name but a lot of nerds preferred the arkham games Catwoman and thought she was more true to the character which is apparently nonstop flirting and horrible cat puns

By the way is leopardon going to be in the new spider Man movie

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It was a bafflingly bad movie, but the opening credit sequence was pretty good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

priznat posted:

In the comics they came up with an entire plotline for Peter Parker being devoured by a giant spider, only to be reborn from its womb with even more spider DNA in him which created his biological web spinners. This was all in response to the Sam Raimi movies decision to not have the web spinner technology angle. Comics are loving stupid.

naem
May 29, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

This is loving gold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SImPXjcC2TM

I want to show this to a tumblrina just to see her melt down like the witch in the end...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Just saw Spiderman, it's a very good coming of age tale. Excellent humor, and I liked that the stakes were small. No giant blue lasers threatening the world.

Keaton is really really good.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Arcsquad12 posted:

In the comics they came up with an entire plotline for Peter Parker being devoured by a giant spider, only to be reborn from its womb with even more spider DNA in him which created his biological web spinners. This was all in response to the Sam Raimi movies decision to not have the web spinner technology angle. Comics are loving stupid.

Hah, that's funny. I actually liked the Raimi films having him spider jizz without extra tech all over the place, it made it even more relevant to teen dudes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh by the way, the Spiderman movie did something so small but so nice.

At one point, he goes to Washington DC. We know this because Peter announces it before it happens, and then we don't get loving title text on the screen saying "Washington D.C."

Thanks movie, for trusting us to realize that we are now in DC without the stupid loving text that every other movie does.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

WampaLord posted:

At one point, he goes to Washington DC. We know this because Peter announces it before it happens, and then we don't get loving title text on the screen saying "Washington D.C."

Thanks movie, for trusting us to realize that we are now in DC without the stupid loving text that every other movie does.

I liked how in Fringe they added huge CG in-scene text on loving everything to label stuff, it's like watching a live action political cartoon.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Maybe movies are... bad?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

Just saw Spiderman, it's a very good coming of age tale. Excellent humor, and I liked that the stakes were small. No giant blue lasers threatening the world.

Keaton is really really good.

Yeahhh, I was going to say that I was only marginally interested in this flick, but you throw Keaton in there and I just cannot resist :negative:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I watched "Iron Man" the other day, and I had forgotten that the giant blue laser shooting into the sky is actually saving the day in that one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WampaLord posted:

this is my biggest movie pet peeve and any movie maker that puts location text on the screen should be boiled alive. especially when they say where they're going prior or say where they are after or there's a loving establishing shot that makes it obvious where they are.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

I watched "Iron Man" the other day, and I had forgotten that the giant blue laser shooting into the sky is actually saving the day in that one.

Oops, I thought you meant Avengers.

Yea, that's funny.

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is my biggest movie pet peeve and any movie maker that puts location text on the screen should be boiled alive. especially when they say where they're going prior or say where they are after or there's a loving establishing shot that makes it obvious where they are.

*shot of the most famous skyline ever*

*title text* NEW YORK CITY

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Groovelord Neato posted:

Doesn't Independence Day show the loving White House with the caption of Washington, D.C.?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

There's a great parody to be had here with a cities inhabitants getting emotional whiplash from the tiresome work of cheering/screaming depending on if the good guys shot the blue sky laser or if the bad guy shoots it.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

The Bananana posted:

Maybe movies are... bad?

no, it's thinking that's bad

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Bananana posted:

Maybe movies are... bad?
That's right, gently caress movies!

WampaLord posted:

*shot of the most famous skyline ever*

*title text* NEW YORK CITY
Unless...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Doesn't Independence Day show the loving White House with the caption of Washington, D.C.?

i can't recall but i'm pretty sure in one of the transformers someone mentions a city in china, it then cuts to a city very obviously in china, puts the city's name on screen, and thirty seconds letter has a character say they're in that city.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Zzulu posted:

unironically agree

They should become an item for sure

They'd be the twink powercouple of milwaukee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It's impressive how wasted Rich manages to look despite not drinking.

• Locked thread