Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Go fast is probably a good pick for your off weapon too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Has Funcom talked about their roadmap for this yet?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Capntastic posted:

I assume a chapter 11 will be involved.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
No man, Tokyo is chapter 12.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Completely forgot I was wearing the Scarecrow costume last night - scared the poo poo out of myself when the character select screen loaded u, and that leering face was staring out at me. :saddowns:

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Capntastic posted:

Right on cue... https://secretworldlegends.com/update-roadmap/

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Jfc the hype train has left the station. A lot of that is existing content (Tokyo, raids, lair bosses) but still, secret agent snowmobile chases? And this part:

quote:

Explore the dark corners of Agartha and meet some of its oldest residents. Push forward against dangerous enemies and collect great rewards.

Now that you’ve been going up through the ranks of your faction, it is time to get yourself a team of rookie agents and send them on adventures of their own.

As a results of the events that ended at the top of the Orochi Tower, continue the main story mission and follow up on a lead which will send you on your way to a brand new country.

Also, just got my key for the arg weapons.

E: not to fellate them too hard, but funcom said we'd get a road map by the end of the week and they did it. Good job.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 7, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
ARG weapon reward emails are out :toot:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

And reddit explodes more about the arg than about the road map.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Richard M Nixon posted:

And reddit explodes more about the arg than about the road map.

Heh, well the roadmap is what we have in TSW right now (looking forward to see how they fail Haloween somehow) except for the last part (end of 17/beginning 18) and frankly didn't beleive a single word of what they wrote there :D At least not at the listed date.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
I'm just glad that I have a sword thats not a katana now.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

So are the weapons all green one pips or what

What's the catch

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

They're green. Don't know about the pips. Every time I try to claim them, I get this:

Other people have claimed them:

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Actually seems like a good effect if Raven Blade can proc other things/crit/generate chi/whatever

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I used the code but don't have anything in the delivered items ingame. :(

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Space Skeleton posted:

I used the code but don't have anything in the delivered items ingame. :(

If you read the instructions, you'd know that you have to be logged out for 10 minutes :colbert:

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Richard M Nixon posted:

If you read the instructions, you'd know that you have to be logged out for 10 minutes :colbert:

It has been a bit longer than that but I guess I'll look again later.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
For my main it's kind of garbage but I guess for the alts I'm not planning on playing a lot because apparently you can't use the exchange to transfer marks between characters they're sort of nice.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I assume it's too late for me to look up answers and get that poo poo.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I assume it's too late for me to look up answers and get that poo poo.

When it comes to watchmen hoodies and assorted other goodies for the Funcompetent game The Secret World

There's probably a cutoff and the access codes are shutoff though you can surely try if you are bleak and bored

Empty quote me: Nevermore

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Capntastic posted:

When it comes to watchmen hoodies and assorted other goodies for the Funcompetent game The Secret World

There's probably a cutoff and the access codes are shutoff though you can surely try if you are bleak and bored

Empty quote me: Nevermore

holy poo poo

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The main thing I got from the road map is that they will make this even more like a mobile game with the "agent" system. I'm sure they'll release a companion app with it too so you can send your agents on missions from your phone. And probably find a way to sell you agent boosters and agent mission reducers, etc.

But hey, if it keeps really lovely monetization out of the main game, I'd be all for it.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Lawlicaust posted:

The main thing I got from the road map is that they will make this even more like a mobile game with the "agent" system. I'm sure they'll release a companion app with it too so you can send your agents on missions from your phone. And probably find a way to sell you agent boosters and agent mission reducers, etc.

But hey, if it keeps really lovely monetization out of the main game, I'd be all for it.

I don't think funcom has the development time to make a mobile app. I think it'll look like the squadron system from FFXIV and WOW

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Exmond posted:

I don't think funcom has the development time to make a mobile app. I think it'll look like the squadron system from FFXIV and WOW

I think it will look like those as well, I just wouldn't be surprised if they put it in mobile as well.

Syrophenikan
Aug 17, 2010
Fun Shoe
So wait, how do I get these rewards? I'm checking my email and don't see anything.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Neverwinter had the same thing but killed it because it sucked.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Syrophenikan posted:

So wait, how do I get these rewards? I'm checking my email and don't see anything.

You should have a mail from info@kissoftherevenant.com

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Morglon posted:

For my main it's kind of garbage but I guess for the alts I'm not planning on playing a lot because apparently you can't use the exchange to transfer marks between characters they're sort of nice.

I'm a bit iffy on the weapons too for my main since at this point she's packing better save for the Revenant thing. Anyone know offhand if the ARG weapons can be upgraded like the rest or no?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

I think it will look like those as well, I just wouldn't be surprised if they put it in mobile as well.

This system sounds like Skyforge.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm a bit iffy on the weapons too for my main since at this point she's packing better save for the Revenant thing. Anyone know offhand if the ARG weapons can be upgraded like the rest or no?

yes

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Hmmm. So how would it work with the specialty power if anyone knows that yet? Because I'd be all for pumping up my Of Destruction pistols to also be able to proc out a Revenant on occasion.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Without actually doing the math I guess the theory would be for bossfights the revenant proc should add up to a good chunk of extra damage over time. The questions would be: How much damage does it do at the different quality levels? Can it glance? Can it crit? Does it your use stats for those kinds of things or is it an autohit that can't glance or crit?

It appears to summon an actual creature you can target which then winds up and smacks your target so I guess maybe it does not use your stats at all and I hope it autohits without being able to glance.

It procs basically on cooldown if you're using any multihit abilities so it's very reliable at least.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It does use your stats. It scales.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Can it proc other things like energy gain on crits or chi?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Granted that I still have my ARG weapons in the waiting to be claimed window and haven't really looked them over, when I look at this pic:

It looks like it attaches on a weapon's appellation. Am I misinterpreting it or no one knows yet?

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014
I guess someone's hosting a community TSW board and there's a busy theorycrafting thread over there: https://www.swl-forums.com/index.php/topic,411.0.html

most important takeaway I saw is that you want to start out with two hit glyphs, one three-pip and one two, and then in the end merging those into one top-grade hit will be enough for all content. I'm thinking it oughta go on a minor? the value of a glyph's bonuses doesn't vary by major/minor/head anymore and that will be the least opportunity cost-y to keep wearing when tanking or leech healing [if that's even still a thing]

long-term it appears everyone wants to wear 100% only their own stat, dps or tank or heal, tanks and healers aren't as mixy as they used to be unless doing content they outgear

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Yeah sure, just good goddamn luck getting the 100k marks to afford the intricate accurate.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Tallgeese posted:

It does use your stats. It scales.

A big hit every ~15 seconds using all your own stats could potentially be really good for any fight going long enough to proc it a few times. Sounds promising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Easy way to tell is to go to Shambala and check if the damage changes.