Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Justin_Brett posted:

I had to laugh at that. I know she's ten, but "I designed this barrier spitting robot to defeat Doomfist!" --> "Doomfist can punch through barriers easily" sure is something

If the OR-14s in Uprising were any indication, all Efi did to the bot was actually give it the ability to turn gold and become unstoppable for a few seconds, and a personality. Incidentally one of the only parts of Orisa's kit that counters Doomfist.

So it's less that Efi was dumb and more that she was incredibly lazy. "Hm, villain who punches people across the room. Simple fix, just add this one thing that negates punch, and add an A to the end of its name. Done."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Best thing about that is all the fisted heroes dropping from the sky like dead birds.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Bluhman posted:

If the OR-14s in Uprising were any indication, all Efi did to the bot was actually give it the ability to turn gold and become unstoppable for a few seconds, and a personality. Incidentally one of the only parts of Orisa's kit that counters Doomfist.

So it's less that Efi was dumb and more that she was incredibly lazy. "Hm, villain who punches people across the room. Simple fix, just add this one thing that negates punch, and add an A to the end of its name. Done."
even in the context of OW I doubt making something capable of resisting any and all momentum is something that doesn't take much effort

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

gandlethorpe posted:

So how exactly does Fisty's ult work? Not even in terms of logic, because there's no point there. I've seen videos where it's used to get to higher elevation. So what happens if you move to a spot where there are two platforms at different elevations? Do you just always end up on the higher one? What if you cast it while inside a building with a walkable roof?

I fell into the middle of the pit in the capture point in Oasis library during my ult and couldn't get back out to slam the capture point. It was very unexpected.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For those familiar with noted bad game league of legends, doomfists kit is almost identical to Vi with a pantheon ult.

Charging rocket punch
Cone shaped AOE punch.
Uppercut opponent into the air.
Shields on ability hits.
And pantheon ult for the Jump into the air untargetable and then dropping on a short warning circle.

But he has a shotgun fist so he has that going for him.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Technetium posted:

I fell into the middle of the pit in the capture point in Oasis library during my ult and couldn't get back out to slam the capture point. It was very unexpected.

what happens if you run the circle off the edge of a bottomless pit

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

What has esports done for us anyway? It killed unlimited heroes and gave us a few months of triple tanks.

Ever since SC2 I've basically come to expect a patch-based meta in Blizzard games.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

atomicthumbs posted:

what happens if you run the circle off the edge of a bottomless pit

I'll try it when everyone isn't instalocking and ragequitting if they don't get him

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The most fun I had on PTR was when Sombra was in testing I would slampick Winston because he clowned on her absurdly hard and I could count on one being on the opposing team.

I'm that guy.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The most fun I had on PTR was when Sombra was in testing I would slampick Winston because he clowned on her absurdly hard and I could count on one being on the opposing team.

I'm that guy.

Nothing wrong with being that guy. Figuring out what character bests dunks on the new guy is half the fun.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I'm that guy.

Yeah the most fun I had on the PTR was going into matches of nothing but Orisa and going in as Reaper.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If I can be arsed i'll do a "does roadhog counter doomfist" check tonight because people online think he might.

I disagree wholeheartedly but you know, testing!

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I'm that guy.

And now Sombra can clown Doomfist pretty hard, we've come full circle.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
favorite hacked hero: mei

your turn

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Cool, now we can really play first person Super Smash Bros

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Guilty posted:

Cool, now we can really play first person Super Smash Bros

Falcon....PAAAAUNCH!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

dogstile posted:

If I can be arsed i'll do a "does roadhog counter doomfist" check tonight because people online think he might.

I disagree wholeheartedly but you know, testing!

Tried it in a few matches last night, and he feels like he would have been a good counter to Doomfist pre-nerf. Most of the time Doomfist was mobile enough to get away after the hook combo failed to kill him and it's just as unsatisfying as when everyone else does it now.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
It seems like without the hook combo killing him, Doomfist can just use his abilities to either get away from Roadhog or just punch Roadhog away from him.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
There is no way that current state Roadhog counters a highly mobile 250 hitpoints hero who gains overshields through dealing ability damage.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

There is no way that current state Roadhog counters a highly mobile 250 hitpoints hero who gains overshields through dealing ability damage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
McCree still has to fear the hog. That might be it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Stick to cover, dome him repeatedly with 140 dam headshots, Cree is aight.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

dogstile posted:

Stick to cover, dome him repeatedly with 140 dam headshots, Cree is aight.

Yeah McCree really doesn't fear the hog. Big head hitbox vs a character who loves headshots? lol

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Parachute posted:

your turn

Used to be Hog. Now I'd say another sombra just because it's funny to watch them try and teleport away.

Dyz fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 7, 2017

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Parachute posted:

your turn

Mercy, no contest

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Parachute posted:

your turn

Having done it in PTR, Doomfist. With his moves locked he just has that shotgun and can't get any movement to build up a shield.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Parachute posted:

your turn

Winston. And it's even funnier when he's ulting.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Donnerberg posted:

Winston. And it's even funnier when he's ulting.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Mei's probably pretty strong as anti-Doomfist, dunno if she can outright dunk on him but it seems like alot of her kit counters him

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

End of Shoelace posted:

I don't know why everyone's saying Doomfist is so great. He seems like a slow Genji to me with a lot of unreliable damage.

We're at the point where a lot of people are kneejerking to watching pros on the PTR and seeing highlight clips on social media. I'll wait and see at launch.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I don't get why people say Sombra beats Doomfist. Her hack takes away all his mobility - but by that same argument, Sombra hard-counters Tracer just as hard. I don't see anyone saying Sombra counters Tracer.

Orisa is also hardly the answer, since Rocket Punch comes off cooldown long before Fortify does.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Everything's relative. When Orisa first launched, her gun felt absurdly strong against bots in the practice range, but in a live game it's... underwhelming, to say the least. Doomfist looks absurdly strong because nobody knows wtf to do about him and everyone's just loving around.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Maple Leaf posted:

I don't get why people say Sombra beats Doomfist. Her hack takes away all his mobility - but by that same argument, Sombra hard-counters Tracer just as hard. I don't see anyone saying Sombra counters Tracer.

Orisa is also hardly the answer, since Rocket Punch comes off cooldown long before Fortify does.

Sombra destroys Tracer.

People don't call it a counter because no one plays Sombra.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Donnerberg posted:

Sombra destroys Tracer.

People don't call it a counter because no one plays Sombra.

Or the fact that you're spending the next 3-6 seconds attempting to mow down that Tracer as she slides back into the nearest health pack.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Roadhog should do bonus damage on a headshot with an un-exploded right click. You're nailing them in the face with a ball of bastion/meka/orisa parts you swept up off the ground for gently caress's sake.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
[quote="Donnerberg" post="474136754"
Sombra destroys Tracer.
[/quote]

I find this extremely unlikely the better the Tracers you're playing against become, even assuming comparably ranked Sombras.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

And that attitude is why people don't learn Sombra.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Thor-Stryker posted:

Or the fact that you're spending the next 3-6 seconds attempting to mow down that Tracer as she slides back into the nearest health pack.

You probably should have hacked that health pack beforehand then, because that's another thing Tracer is heavily reliant on that you can shut down.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

When I am wraithing my way only to a health pack my disappointment that it has been hacked is quickly drown out by my fury that Sombra is enjoying my disappointment that it is hacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

emp destroys tracer but the big thing that sombra does against flankers is lock out health pack usage, which they ordinarily rely on heavily compared to other heroes

relying on the regular hack ability to deal with tracer is a bad idea and, if tracer's not hacked, sombra gets clowned on in a straight up fight