Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/883399485728083968

Nate Silvers numbers are questionable.

Rondo, Butler amd Wade arent on the alphas list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

That's a good price for Evans but he'll play like 50 games for you.

Earl Watson at the Wynn buffet with the coaching staff. Wonder if the players have to eat at the Excalibur

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A lot of teams should've gotten Tyreke at that price, especially a team like OKC that still needs a back-up ball handler.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nate Silver triggers me every time he states an opinion and I know that is his intention and I hate that it is working.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

leftist heap posted:

Further proof that economics, as a field, is intellectually bankrupt

The more numbers I use the better I can disguise the fact that all of my theories are based upon subjective (and inherently political) assumptions about, and oversimplifications of, human nature! Also a bank paid a bunch of cash a few decades ago to create a fake Nobel prize in economics in order to further pretend it's a hard science

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm of the opinion that Portland should not give up Moe Harkless to take on Ryan Anderson even if it means dumping noted Toilet Man Meyers Leonard. Maybe if a late first rounder comes in, I dunno.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883404145037791233

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Willie Reed is cool Jeff Withey is a gently caress

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

I hope he finds what he is looking for but I'm glad it's not Detroit paying it.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

In cliche offseason news Marquese Chriss added 20 lbs but it remains to be seen how much of it is muscle

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Adding 20 pounds of fat is the new 20 pounds of muscle

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Space Camp fuckup posted:

In cliche offseason news Marquese Chriss added 20 lbs but it remains to be seen how much of it is muscle

He came home to rancho Cordova and probably got fat off delicious Pocket Deli

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How the gently caress is oladipo a "gamma"

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Alpha Kaba is an Alpha

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

nachos posted:

How the gently caress is oladipo a "gamma"

Phi Slamma Gamma for that one memorable dunk

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

So we take a continuous variable, bin them into 3 groups, then assign scores based on the sum of the bins? Why not sum up the original continuous variable? It's intentionally introducing insane rounding errors.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

straight up brolic posted:

Alpha Kaba is an Alpha

Man, how does someone with a name like that fall to the 60th pick?

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

leftist heap posted:

I'm of the opinion that Portland should not give up Moe Harkless to take on Ryan Anderson even if it means dumping noted Toilet Man Meyers Leonard. Maybe if a late first rounder comes in, I dunno.

Yeah it doesn't make a ton of sense to dump a good contract and a bad contract for a larger but maybe slightly less bad contract.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So uhhhhhh..who wants to give up a late first for Thad Young? Philly? We'll take Okafor off your hands.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883409855255597056
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883410640580354049

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Wizards gonna be the first team in the rest era to have all 5 starters average 42 minutes a game

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Salvor_Hardin posted:

So we take a continuous variable, bin them into 3 groups, then assign scores based on the sum of the bins? Why not sum up the original continuous variable? It's intentionally introducing insane rounding errors.

hmmm hmm yes but here's the error in your math: your response is 213 characters long therefore you may not participate in the discussion

haha twitter sucks so bad

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Love the Pistons just kick the "should we go into the tax with a bad team?" Question can down the road

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

pubic works project posted:

So uhhhhhh..who wants to give up a late first for Thad Young? Philly? We'll take Okafor off your hands.

We already had Thad Young

He's still the exact same player as his rookie year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

Willie Reed is cool Jeff Withey is a gently caress

he's ok

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

EvanTH posted:

hmmm hmm yes but here's the error in your math: your response is 213 characters long therefore you may not participate in the discussion

haha twitter sucks so bad

I'm sorry Evan but you seem to misunderstand Twitter discussions and how they can facilitate long and substantive discussions THREAD(1/43)

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

pubic works project posted:

I'm very into taking Okafor

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
all right, my claim that Otto's offer sheet screwed with nets-KCP negotiations was wrong. Sean Marks and his band of jokers have got the last laugh on me and Neil Olshey and Pat Riley once again.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

ScooterMcTiny posted:

I'm very into taking Okafor

Sold

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

We already had Thad Young

He's still the exact same player as his rookie year

That said...deal.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

*does mr. burns hand gesture* well well

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can someone explain to me, an idiot, how the Nets FO is loving with Washington via an Otto Porter offer sheet? And apparently are loving other clubs FOs as well?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

zoux posted:

Can someone explain to me, an idiot, how the Nets FO is loving with Washington via an Otto Porter offer sheet? And apparently are loving other clubs FOs as well?

They are putting negative benefits like trade kickers that teams normally don't put on their own RFA's in an attempt to force teams to not match.

They're also basically preventing the market from "settling" and lowering the overall price.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tae posted:

They are putting negative benefits like trade kickers that teams normally don't put on their own RFA's in an attempt to force teams to not match.

They're also basically preventing the market from "settling" and lowering the overall price.

Sure, but couldn't they be hosed if Otto Porter was like "cool, I will take this deal The Nets"

Also I didn't realize that offers had to match offers down to the terms, rather than dollar amounts.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

zoux posted:

The Tyler Johnson contract is 6,6,19,19m per year because the nets were dicks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zoux posted:

If the Wizards want to keep Porter (they do) they have to match the terms of the Nets' offer sheet and those terms include a huge salary and trade kicker and a hilarious prepayment clause of half of his salary before the start of the season.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol the nets are paying deron williams $5.5M a year until 2020

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also also, who pays a trade kicker, the team receiving the player or does it somehow go against the team trading?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So Memphis and Sacramento have switched teams
I'm sorry Nick

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zoux posted:

Also also, who pays a trade kicker, the team receiving the player or does it somehow go against the team trading?

the trading team pays it but it counts against the receiving team's cap figure iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

the trading team pays it but it counts against the receiving team's cap figure iirc

Diabolical....

• Locked thread