Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

tensai posted:

I'm glad someone else is feeling like crash 2 is harder than 1. I pretty much breezed through 1 with some road blocks, but I'm on the 4th floor of 2 and haven't been this close to throwing a controller ever.

Crash 1 is stupid hard cause of Colored Gems. The whole level without dying, perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Crash 1 is stupid hard cause of Colored Gems. The whole level without dying, perfectly.

Toxic Waste at least feels like it could be achieved with a little luck and timing. Slippery Escape is just plain brutal.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I found The Dark Souls of YA novels.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long is yakuza zero I'm loving it but it I want to know if I should fight everyone I see or do every side quest

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

How long is yakuza zero I'm loving it but it I want to know if I should fight everyone I see or do every side quest

its like 30ish hours if you just mainline the story

like the moment that unites the two stories doesn't even happen until like chapter 10 or 11 and the game keeps going for a very long time after that point so you got a lot ahead of you.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 7, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Don't bother with fighting people unless you wanna get burned out really fast. Best thing is to just set it to easy and run through the main story. It's really good.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Fighting people is a solid source of money early on. At least it was for me.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

SquareEnix are celebrating the launch of the the FF12 remaster by live-streaming some rabbits on their Twitch until the 11th of July.

This is a real thing and i have been watching the rabbits.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Snak posted:

Nah, take a break between open world games. MGSV is a huge thing. Uncharted 4 is like, what a dozen hours? Less?

can't speak for other people but uncharted 4 def took more than a dozen hours to complete for me

mgs5 is pretty different from what most people picture when they think of an open world game as well. no crafting, no picking up random foliage, etc. it's like they strung a bunch of stealth missions together and let you do what you want

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I enjoy the combat and I'm only at chapter four after like ten hours so rip me.

My only concern is what I said before, the music is very anachronistic other than that it's great.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Counterpoint to the Yakuza 0 talk: I would recommend fighting people because the times that you don't have control of your characters run long and combat helps break up the tedium of watching cut scenes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
HowLongToBeat lists Uncharted 4 as 15 hours for main story, while it lists MGSV as 45.

MGSV may not quite have thebsame collectathon element, but it does have minimissions all over the map, and story orgress is gated behind completion, and weapon development is in real time.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

mgs5 is pretty different from what most people picture when they think of an open world game as well. no crafting, no picking up random foliage, etc. it's like they strung a bunch of stealth missions together and let you do what you want

lol mgsV absolutely has picking up random foliage. yur right tho in that it's pretty different with its mission structure.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Manatee Cannon posted:

mgsv has more MENU than any other game in recent memory

RBA Starblade posted:

In best to worst imo

Dark Souls
DS2/Scholar (1st place in multiplayer though)
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Lost Kingdoms
Lords of the Fallen

Been a while since I laughed at one of your posts :feelsgood:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you have a big rear end head youll have headphone issues.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

an actual dog posted:

lol mgsV absolutely has picking up random foliage. yur right tho in that it's pretty different with its mission structure.

legit don't remember picking up anything like that

you can pick up guns and strap balloons to stuff but there aren't any gathering spots or w/e

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

you can pick up guns and strap balloons to stuff but there aren't any gathering spots or w/e

It's this stuff. You send them to mother base and they use it to make stuff.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Manatee Cannon posted:

You gathered herbs and stuff to make drugs iirc.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

man those don't ring a bell at all

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Vintersorg posted:

If you have a big rear end head youll have headphone issues.

As someone with a big rear end head (hat size 7-7/8 or 8 depending on the day), can confirm. I've yet to find a comfortable set of any type of headphones where the earpieces are connected by a strap. Even my Sennheisers. :(

acksplode
May 17, 2004

MGSV has plant collection but it's nothing like typical open world poo poo. You're not collecting 10 plants to complete a sidequest and get a powerup, you're keeping an eye out for a certain plant as you do your missions because you want to manufacture more tranq darts and sleep grenades. The way base management gave you this thing to build that persists throughout the game, and the way it creates a feedback loop with the individual missions, that aspect was one of MGSV's major successes. It made collecting stuff much more meaningful.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
My point was that it's still a huge 50-80 hour game.

If I was planning to play both Uncharted 4 and MGSV, and had just spend 40 hours on HZD, I would spend 15-20. Hours knocking out a linear, storydriven game befire diving back into a giant involved thing. Just for variety.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Snak posted:

My point was that it's still a huge 50-80 hour game.

If I was planning to play both Uncharted 4 and MGSV, and had just spend 40 hours on HZD, I would spend 15-20. Hours knocking out a linear, storydriven game befire diving back into a giant involved thing. Just for variety.

This.

Just pop that UC4 disc in your PS4 and play that. You can play MGS5 later, same with buying Crash like everyone is recommending. UC4 is a must play either way, so just go play through it and enjoy the story.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Plus UC4 is a better game. Not that MGS5 isn't worth playing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

now that I don't agree with at all. uncharted tells a much better story tho (not that it's hard)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I dunno. It's got some great qualities but it's still one of the most disappointing games out there for me.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

MGS5 is poo poo.

Do the same base 5 times with slightly different objectives padded out with one of the most barren open worlds imaginable. You'll find the optimal way to handle the base the first time you do a mission in them. Thrilling stuff.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I dunno. It's got some great qualities but it's still one of the most disappointing games out there for me.

I see that if you're looking at the narrative because it's a mess, but mechanically it's perfect. I can't think of a game more satisfying to play

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Never played a game like MSGV5 because until Destiny I was a pc gamer. Is kind of a masterpiece. Uncharted4 is very good too. Is just MSGV5 do things that other games can't even imitate.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'd love to hear what Frictional is up to; SOMA left me craving. I read an interview where they said they cancelled DLC for it because they wanted to focus resources on larger projects, but apparently they have 2 unnamed titles in development.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hmm yes, following the white trail of bird poop ledges is surely better than stealth espionage action

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I like the Uncharted games and I played them in order.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MGSV is the best stealth-action game I've ever played and made most other third person games I've played since feel like total poo poo. It controls so so well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

I see that if you're looking at the narrative because it's a mess, but mechanically it's perfect. I can't think of a game more satisfying to play

The basic mechanics are fantastic, but I thought the kitchen sink/open world approach to gadgets and weapons etc. was pretty bad for MGS and you get so OP so quick there is pretty much no challenge unless you force one on yourself.

Was also disappointed that it strayed from ground zeroes much better approach to all of that stuff.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I heard the new ghost recon is like MGSV is that tru

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

It's really fun with other people because it's a tacticlol dicking around open world game. It can get boring doing stuff solo.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I think they were like $20+ initially but dropped with the vita's popularity lol

But yeah now back up because people found out they're

I have no idea if any of that is true

Probably this. The PS Move controllers were selling at CEX here for a whole £2.50 at one point. Then VR was announced and suddenly they were back up to original retail price.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's really fun with other people because it's a tacticlol dicking around open world game. It can get boring doing stuff solo.

Do any goons still play?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its MGSV through the Ubisoft lens, so yeah kinda but with everything interesting about it polished away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

And baby makes three.