Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

KickerOfMice posted:

I used to work at this club, I was the only white person on the kitchen staff. The sous-chef was permanently hammered on expensive scotch, and at least once a week on our smoke breaks the dude would question me as to why all white people love soup so much. He asked with such solemnity and confusion, equally. It was like he was attempting to unfold the mysteries around a long-lost secret.

WHY DO WHITE PEOPLE LOVE SOUP SO MUCH.
:shrug:

Well, WHY DO YOU?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
LiveLeak, YouTube for racists.

Although YouTube is also YouTube for racists

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Cannondellah posted:

racism done by blacks

lol you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what racism is. gently caress off.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

KickerOfMice posted:

I used to work at this club, I was the only white person on the kitchen staff. The sous-chef was permanently hammered on expensive scotch, and at least once a week on our smoke breaks the dude would question me as to why all white people love soup so much. He asked with such solemnity and confusion, equally. It was like he was attempting to unfold the mysteries around a long-lost secret.

It's not so much that we love soup, it's that we hate salad.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

KickerOfMice posted:

That's an odd question considering staple items in most east Asian diets... The most populous region in the world.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Cannondellah posted:

Its hard to take anyone in this thread seriously,

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Nosfereefer posted:

Well, WHY DO YOU?!

I don't

Cannondellah
Mar 17, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

pacerhimself posted:

LiveLeak, YouTube for racists.

its the only place you can post things that safe space babies like something awful posters cant deal with seeing. Literal 100 person black lynch mobs literally hunting for whites in the streets to beat, strip and rob openly in the street.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
^:allears:

Nosfereefer posted:

Well, WHY DO YOU?!
We subscribe to the literal interpretation of that one Dead Kennedys song.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Tarezax posted:

I'm Chinese.

By the metrics people often use to defend white supremacy (e.g. crime, standardized test performance, etc.) Chinese people outperform white people in the US. Therefore I must come to the conclusion that Chinese people and other East Asians are the superior race and all you white devils must submit to our cultural superiority

That's why they watch so much anime, it'll allow them to submerge themselves into Asia without standing out. After all they now know the Asian language, cultural norms, and social ettiquette.

Oh, and the foolproof dating methods to secure a breeding partner to perpetuate their white genes.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Man, I still remember that one time the Hispanic colleague at work handed me a smallpox blanket, then had the army order me to go to Oklahoma.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Edible Hat posted:

I think Prester Jane is a good person, just a little overzealous and her theory isn't falsifiable. :)

^This exactly. I very much enjoyed her posts leading up to the election and still do, it's just that "today we reached a new milestone in racism and things will get seriously worse from here!" isn't exactly compelling after a while because there's no way to counter this notion with evidence. Racism and/or the Overton window moving rightward aren't things that lend themselves to quantifiable measures. I'm not hating on PJ, I just think that at this point, if her framework is going to be taken seriously she needs to start making more specific predictions or just stick to ex post facto analysis (the latter is what I enjoy most about her posts because I find them very insightful).

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Well maybe you should take a good look in the mirror then.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

This doesn't work if you actually *define* the terms you're saying are going to happen before they happen. Like if you call something an impaction cycle and say "an impaction cycle is a recurring event in which the ideologies of a group become more extreme, which pushes out less extreme members, resulting in a more impacted core group" or whatever, and then exactly that happens, that's not the same thing as straight up making up a term and not defining it and then saying that whatever happened is what you mean. This is a really dumb strawman argument you've built.

You're missing the first point, by using a newly coined phrase, sure I can define it for you, but it lets me describe banal observations as if they're important.

So if my made up "impaction dialogue" means "a process where faced with a reality incongruous with the internal dynamics of the world views of a powerful circle of dynamic actors leading a group those actors attempt dialogue that will in turn both calcify those worldviews and attempt to render immobile the memetic power of the incongruous reality" I can predict with a high degree of certainty the Trump administration will engage in an impaction dialogue before Tuesday.

This isn't a knock on people posting theories, just a reality of why these kinds of theories are compelling to the audience. See: every book on politics, or "Applebee's America" for a specific example.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/gothamist/status/883411192659808256

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Race traitor.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Cannondellah posted:

I think you guys policing racism comitted by whites is fine, whats annoying is there is really no one policing racism done by blacks at all. You people claim the moral highground but then have such obvious gaps in the application of your morals and ideals and seem to shy away if its not someone you envision as a white racist, redneck, overweight, christian trump supporter. Im a second generation colombian immigrant and have lived and grown up in communities like these and worse, incidents like this are only becoming more common while people like you all dig your heads in the sand and refuse to acknowledge it. Its hard to take anyone in this thread seriously, not that thats even necessarily anyone's intent in here. Anyway have a good day

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b86_1474560116
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=68a_1410105070
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f78_1465289610
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b10_1426395873
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=164_1483570194

Wait wait wait. what do you mean by "you people"?

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

In the grimdark post-racial future, there is only intermarriage!

Guys I don't know if I could take living in an America that looks like Honolulu. What if they make spam musubi mandatory at all social functions? :ohdear:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

scroll scroll scroll tweet scroll scroll party plane jones post scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I imagine everyone as being their avatar, is that not the usual way?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Nosfereefer posted:

Well, WHY DO YOU?!

:iiam: :yum:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

HopperUK posted:

:catstare:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pollyanna posted:

scroll scroll scroll tweet scroll scroll party plane jones post scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll

It's a good palette cleanser for dumb trolls.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Nosfereefer posted:

Well maybe you should take a good look in the mirror then.

i've been blinded by my reflection

send help

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Squalid posted:

In the grimdark post-racial future, there is only intermarriage!

Guys I don't know if I could take living in an America that looks like Honolulu. What if they make spam musubi mandatory at all social functions? :ohdear:
What's the story with Fayetteville, NC?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

HopperUK posted:

i am rabid with anger, even though my internal body temperature is too low to sustain the virus in the majority of cases

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Cannondellah posted:

its the only place you can post things that safe space babies like something awful posters cant deal with seeing.

We must protect our access to 2guys1hammer and Mexican cartel beheading videos from special snowflakes or free speech is doomed

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Unzip and Attack posted:

^This exactly. I very much enjoyed her posts leading up to the election and still do, it's just that "today we reached a new milestone in racism and things will get seriously worse from here!" isn't exactly compelling after a while because there's no way to counter this notion with evidence. Racism and/or the Overton window moving rightward aren't things that lend themselves to quantifiable measures. I'm not hating on PJ, I just think that at this point, if her framework is going to be taken seriously she needs to start making more specific predictions or just stick to ex post facto analysis (the latter is what I enjoy most about her posts because I find them very insightful).

This is an entirely fair criticism, I'll keep this in mind going forwards. Thank you.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

OddObserver posted:

Did you not hear what the President said? You are not Western Civilization so you are clearly The Enemy.
Our values can't withstand the assault of fancy roofs I don't know terminology for and the green tea.

China is actually west of California

makes u think

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Cannondellah posted:

its the only place you can post things that safe space babies like something awful posters cant deal with seeing. Literal 100 person black lynch mobs literally hunting for whites in the streets to beat, strip and rob openly in the street.

Wait I thought you left :shrug:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

We must protect our access to 2guys1hammer and Mexican cartel beheading videos from special snowflakes or free speech is doomed

But it's really important that any time black people commit a crime that video of it gets uploaded to the Internet.

I can't explain why it's important but it just is.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Cannondellah posted:

Oh neat, Liveleak is doing videos of alternate dimensions now? And if so, do they have Cronenberg World footage available yet?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

HopperUK posted:

I'm never getting Megaman off the moon :negative:

Nosfereefer posted:

Well, WHY DO YOU?!

Soup is easy to make and you can make it in bulk with leftover ingredients, so you can have a less wasteful kitchen.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Further proof of Chinese cultural superiority: all the people who invaded China adopted Chinese culture

EDIT: not just like, immigrants and refugees and stuff. literal military invaders

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HopperUK posted:

I am both a wizard and also mozart.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
I'd rather go back to mortgage tax chat than having the white nationalist reg of the week stroll in to try out hot takes that we've definitely never thought about, backed with piles of live leak vids that I'm definitely going to take the time to watch.

If the irish weren't white for a long time then it's not about melanin. I'd say just welcome everyone on the planet to the club of "being white" and then we'd have no miscegenation, no problem. I'm sure our friend will love this win-win solution

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Cannondellah posted:

Black people can be and do get charged with hate crimes, and police will absolutely crack down on this if possible.

The only way to end inter-communal violence is to dismantle the ethnicities themselves that are in conflict. It is a dialectical process and the synthesis is beautiful mixed race babies

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

OddObserver posted:

What's the story with Fayetteville, NC?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Bragg

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

HopperUK posted:

I have a mental ignore list based on avatar. It's why I hate it when certain posters change theirs because I have to learn the new image and remember to scroll past it. I've always been afraid of the admins doing an avatar shuffle.

The actual ignore list is reserved for people like mcmagic, covok, and MIGF.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Cannondellah posted:

its the only place you can post things that safe space babies like something awful posters cant deal with seeing.

Why is that? Do you need a safe space?

• Locked thread