Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Flikken posted:

Stupid question but if he or his wife didn't knowingly pass the counterfeit money as in they thought it was real, why does he owe the commissary anything if the commissary didn't catch it at the point of sale?

He said the cashier marked it with the pen, it passed. But when she checked the bill 20 minutes later, the line appeared and that's when she called the military police.

He went to legal and I'll see what happens next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kaliber posted:

He said the cashier marked it with the pen, it passed. But when she checked the bill 20 minutes later, the line appeared and that's when she called the military police.

If your dude gets fried for this that would be peak Army.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Flikken posted:

If your dude gets fried for this that would be peak Army.

McNally is peak Army. This pales in comparison.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

tastefully arranged labia posted:

McNally is peak Army. This pales in comparison.

Point.

So we're never going to be allowed to say peak Army again are we?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
McNally is the story they have to tone down for the movie deal because audiences would reject the clear exaggerations of army retardation

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kaliber posted:

He went to legal

This was a good thing.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Flikken posted:

So we're never going to be allowed to say peak Army again are we?
One can only hope.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zeris posted:

McNally is the story they have to tone down for the movie deal because audiences would reject the clear exaggerations of army retardation

The Pentagon would kill the entire idea

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kaliber posted:

what was his source of the money?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
gently caress DECA they have no right to have a military polis enforce some BS rule about money. They have no leg to stand on. Doubley so because you can't be held responsible for your wife's problem.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Whole thing sounds dumb. Maybe he or his wife is a criminal, I dunno. But let's say she totally used counterfeit money to pay for stuff. The solution is to investigate whether she got passed some BS cash somehow, or whether she/he/whatever are making cash. Not saying "go pay the corporation to make things right, who cares where the counterfeit money came from?"

He should talk to legal and not really freak out until Secret Service or CID show up with a warrant.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cashier could have swapped out the bill for a fake too. 20 minutes later, my rear end.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Midjack posted:

Cashier could have swapped out the bill for a fake too. 20 minutes later, my rear end.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Can't besmirch the good name of AAFES EMPLOYEES.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Mike-o posted:

Can't besmirch the good name of AAFES EMPLOYEES former juicy girls.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The Pentagon would kill the entire idea

I bet they'd only kill the better half.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Midjack posted:

It's this. Those pens work in seconds, not minutes. That cashier is probably involved in a stupid laundering scheme and the investigator is either an idiot, or in on it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Zeris posted:

I bet they'd only kill the better half.

:golfclap:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

psydude posted:

Sounds like he should have a sweet 100% disability check arriving in the mail from the VA soon.

Bwahaha. 30% max for the back.

It's difficult to get to 100%. Unless IU.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Steezo posted:

It's this. Those pens work in seconds, not minutes. That cashier is probably involved in a stupid laundering scheme and the investigator is either an idiot, or in on it.

It's the Army so its definitely incompetence. Lol if the so-called investigator somehow misses a money laundering scheme and tries to nail some poor dude's wife so he can feel like a big shot detective.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I had an anxiety dream last night that I checked my medpros and I was red on everything.

Then I woke up and was ashamed that my subconscious considers "red on medpros" as something to be anxious about.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Bwahaha. 30% max for the back.

It's difficult to get to 100%. Unless IU.

What's IU?

I'm almost 90%

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Soulex posted:

What's IU?

I'm almost 90%

Individual Unemployability http://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSATION/claims-special-individual_unemployability.asp

Basically a separate benefit for people who are too hosed up to ever really work a full time job again.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I might apply for this. I'm 70% ptsd hosed up and about 90 overall.

Edit: I actually might need this. I can't even work a fast food restaurant because of my legs.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 9, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Soulex posted:

I might apply for this. I'm 70% ptsd hosed up and about 90 overall.

Edit: I actually might need this. I can't even work a fast food restaurant because of my legs.

I have a co-worker in a wheelchair so maybe you should get into IT.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

psydude posted:

I have a co-worker in a wheelchair so maybe you should get into IT.

I'm going to college right now for communications so there are definitely options, I just lack the required certifications.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Loden Taylor posted:

I had an anxiety dream last night that I checked my medpros and I was red on everything.

Then I woke up and was ashamed that my subconscious considers "red on medpros" as something to be anxious about.

Sometimes I'll be chilling smoking a fat doob and generally relaxing when I get a call that I need to get to loving formation right now where the gently caress are you and so I end up at drill like half in civvies but then I forgot to shave and my beard is reeking of weed and they're holding a UA now.

Then I wake up.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Soulex posted:

I'm going to college right now for communications so there are definitely options, I just lack the required certifications.

OK, then get the certifications.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i find this surprisingly accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpx0DY2SZVE

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Public affairs degree. I'll try that if/when I get some time. I'm not the best with computers.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Is the ACU jacket with the weird elastic band around the waist the maternity version? If so I just saw a male CW5 walking around wearing one

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mustang posted:

Is the ACU jacket with the weird elastic band around the waist the maternity version? If so I just saw a male CW5 walking around wearing one

I've seen flight crew wearing something similar, I would wager it's that.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yes it is. And there are flight versions which are comfy as gently caress.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Mustang posted:

One for flight crews, and also a a style of a combat blouse (vs shirt) that you can get. I have one in addition to my combat shirt.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

It's a new Army, friend. Males can be pregnant now. Didn't you have the class?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
they're nomex which while more baggy and poo poo, I do not think are at all more comfortable and probably even worse in Louisiana. but everything is worse in Louisiana

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
you know what is comfortable?

just about everything not an army uniform. i went through a phase where all i wore was basketball shorts and t shirts after i got out of the army simply because i wanted to go as opposite as possible without getting arrested.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
hell yeah basketball shorts and teeshirt own.

throwing away dozens of green socks and tan shirts was the best

i found my beret recently. Might light it on fire? IDK

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
just lol if you dont go everywhere in your PT jacket tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

hell yeah basketball shorts and teeshirt own.

throwing away dozens of green socks and tan shirts was the best

i found my beret recently. Might light it on fire? IDK

The tan shirts make great rags for whatever. I cut all of mine up and use them for changing oil. If they're clean, they're also actually pretty good for applying wax/buffing.