Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
I'm in the tank for Yank 2020!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

:psyduck:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I like how we're so conditioned to politicians being completely selfish and stubborn that it's earthshattering that a centrist went "hey okay you're a better candidate than I am, here you go" of his own volition

trump really unwove our politic fabric

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

SKULL.GIF posted:

I like how we're so conditioned to politicians being completely selfish and stubborn that it's earthshattering that a centrist went "hey okay you're a better candidate than I am, here you go" of his own volition

No need to blame Trump for that dissonance, it's been a long time coming and one of the main reasons why so many people didn't like Hillary and preferred Bernie: Politicans are corrupt, don't care about the voters needs, and will lie and cheat you out of your livelihood.

Plus in The Democrats! centrism is essentially republicanism most of the time

It's just plain surprising to see someone who fits the bill so perfectly go against that grain.
Lets hope it works.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Weird Dave Yankovic

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is 100% a false flag and a cia psyop.

I'm further smoothening my brain with potent self-talk techniques so that it may better deflect perfidious falsehoods of the deep state.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dave Yankovich? More like Dave Thanks-a-vich.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Zhulik posted:

I'm further smoothening my brain with potent self-talk techniques so that it may better deflect perfidious falsehoods of the deep state.

im gonna think about this post while i do squats

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
this doesn't surprise me much since david only announced as a kinda sorta joke about how close paul ryan's district was in 2016 without even having a meaningful contest

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Zhulik posted:

if you achieve a perfectly smooth orbular brain there will be no crevices for falsehood to seep into

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Jazerus posted:

if you achieve a perfectly smooth orbular brain there will be no crevices for falsehood to seep into

:orb:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ThndrShk2k posted:

No need to blame Trump for that dissonance, it's been a long time coming and one of the main reasons why so many people didn't like Hillary and preferred Bernie: Politicans are corrupt, don't care about the voters needs, and will lie and cheat you out of your livelihood.

you're correct but I meant that Trump's ascent has undone a lot of commonly accepted political realities, not that Trump is why we expect politicians to be poo poo and are surprised when they aren't

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
[Unnamed] Dem endorses the STACHE: (Yankovich)
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/883405030564524032

lol

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

SKULL.GIF posted:

you're correct but I meant that Trump's ascent has undone a lot of commonly accepted political realities, not that Trump is why we expect politicians to be poo poo and are surprised when they aren't
Fair enough.

You could also credit Bernie for doing that as well from the other side of the spectrum

And from a third side of the spectrum blame both of them for Hillary losing.
Ah~, the Third Way.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Haha, Ric Caric is a cool dude and a political science professsor at Morehead State University in rural eastern Kentucky.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I just figured that Paul Ryan's last check to Yankovich bounced.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm glad I gave money to Ironstache.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/mikefarb1/status/883416222506909696

https://twitter.com/DavidYankovich/status/883427228897423360

https://twitter.com/DavidYankovich/status/883433283534688256

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
e^: :argh: beaten!

https://twitter.com/DavidYankovich/status/883433283534688256

I wish I could italicise emotes.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Concerned Citizen posted:

i like blue apron, i have gotten a few boxes from them and generally have been happy with the portion sizes. it comes out to $10/meal so if you look at it as a pure value statement vs. your normal meals it's obviously not competitive, although it's not probably only a few bucks more per meal if you took the recipe and shopped it out yourself. it is competitive if you see it as a substitute for eating out, plus there's simply value in working with recipes that you don't normally try and use ingredients that you can't find at your local grocery store. for me, when i am on contract i am often working 7 days a week and don't really have time/energy for grocery shopping, so i see a lot of value in just being able to come home and and unwind by doing something i enjoy (cooking) while making something a bit healthier/cheaper than just going out to eat for the nth time.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I am legit shocked at this turn of events :prepop:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this feels too good to be true

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
TBF He's right about it competing with eating out.

Too bad most people targeted are lazy sods that will hate bothering cooking even if it's almost all prepped for them.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

:shrug:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

it's just so perfectly you

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

loquacius posted:

I am legit shocked at this turn of events :prepop:

I guess there aren't enough CCs in the world since Blue Apron stock is tanking.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
also lol if you read that paragraph beyond "i like blue apron"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blue Apron is the Startup service of choice for hill folk consultants like CC.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

anime was right posted:

this feels too good to be true

while the dccc encourages candidates to run it doesn't shower them in money during the primary and the non meme candidate raised basically nothing. he was gonna lose bigly.

it's not real shocking he pulled out when he saw randy raising six figures off one ad

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I like Matt Yglesias? Wtf?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I like Matt Yglesias? Wtf?

he had his road to damascus moment and realizes Bernie was right, centrists must be destroyed.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Is Matt Yglesias Venom Snake? :tinfoil:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CC getting worked to death on gig economy contracts but he opposes the message of Bernie.

:ironicat:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Found this in the replies :barf:

https://twitter.com/JenniferArrow/status/883125599232942081

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

etalian posted:

CC getting worked to death on gig economy contracts but he opposes the message of Bernie.

Imo there'd be nothing wrong with the gig economy if we had single payer and UBI.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

matty y is actually a deep cover decades long project by matt "cushbomb" christman to pull liberals to the left

i mean have you ever seen the both of them in a room at the same time? connect the dots people!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MetaAdamJohnson/status/883137456845066242

:thunk:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Imo there'd be nothing wrong with the gig economy if we had single payer and UBI.

That's right: I'm Cucked For Zuck

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That's right: I'm Cucked For Zuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

etalian posted:

i do not oppose the message of bernie

• Locked thread