Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

I'm not quite clear what the reading order situation for this series is (is it an ongoing? 12-issue mini?), so I'll probably just read whatever issues Snyder pens.

There's another one-shot, The Casting, then a six issue miniseries from Snyder/Capullo called Metal.
There are also there new series starting as a result of The Forge and The Casting (one of which Snyder's writing) http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/04/20/artists-take-center-stage-as-dc-introduces-dark-matter
And these tie-ins to Metal (none by Snyder) http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/06/16/dc-hints-at-evil-versions-of-batman-for-dark-nights-metal-one-shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shookies
Aug 17, 2003

A Magic Hand took my Freeze-Gun!!
http://media.comicbook.com/2017/06/detective-comics-965-eddy-barrows-lonely-place-of-living-1002696.jpg

Should I have any hope at all for this to restore Tim to pre-new52/flashpoint Tim?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Shookies posted:

http://media.comicbook.com/2017/06/detective-comics-965-eddy-barrows-lonely-place-of-living-1002696.jpg

Should I have any hope at all for this to restore Tim to pre-new52/flashpoint Tim?

No, this is just Tim escaping from the Mr. Oz prison he's been in since he was "killed". There's a bit in the solicit about the shocking identity of another prisoner he encounters but I doubt it's going to be an alternate reality Tim. I guess it's possible though.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

purple death ray posted:

No, this is just Tim escaping from the Mr. Oz prison he's been in since he was "killed". There's a bit in the solicit about the shocking identity of another prisoner he encounters but I doubt it's going to be an alternate reality Tim. I guess it's possible though.

It better be OG Kon-El :pray:

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
edit: Wrong Thread

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I finally got around to reading Batman / Elmer Fudd and I was not disappointed.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/883396187809751040

Now this looks interesting

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

How did they know what my apartment looks like though

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I hope it stays black and white.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

I hope it stays black and white.

It will take place in the future and it will be about a kid who was cloned from the original Joker for some reality show, and he rebels and starts a punk rock band.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I get the reference, but you also accidentally described the plot to I, Joker.

It's really bad that I recognize the Wayne Manor/Batcave/Ace Chemical playset that I had as a kid in that drawing. I used to steal my sister's doll house furniture to more accurately play Billionaire Playboy Bruce Wayne before it was time to become Batman.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/AMartinezBueno/status/885803791794270211

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/status/885640242404798464

Welp.

Oh and is Azbats Tynion :colbert:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jul 14, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

YESSSSS

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I am one of like six people who loved the original Azbats costume so I'm excited about this

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I am one of like six people who loved the original Azbats costume so I'm excited about this

It's a fantastic costume!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

It's so nineties!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Dammit! I keep on trying to drop Detective and it keeps on sucking me back in. First, Zatanna! Now, Azbats!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

pubic works project posted:

Dammit! I keep on trying to drop Detective and it keeps on sucking me back in. First, Zatanna! Now, Azbats!

Why would you try to drop the best book DC is publishing right now?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

purple death ray posted:

Why would you try to drop the best book DC is publishing right now?

Hmmmm...are we now talking about Superman, the best book DC is publishing? I didn't think we were.

Why am I trying to drop Detective? Because I don't really like it anymore?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hmmmm...are we now talking about Superman, the best book DC is publishing? I didn't think we were.

Batman has been in enough issues of Superman that we can probably call that on topic, sure.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Well there's no accounting for taste, but if you're going to single out DC's best book right now Superman barely makes a top five, if even

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Autism Sneaks posted:

Well there's no accounting for taste, but if you're going to single out DC's best book right now Superman barely makes a top five, if even

I was really just being an rear end because someone was sorta giving me poo poo for having my own opinion to drop a title.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Why would you post opinions on the internet?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

So Duke's codename is The Signal, which...looking at his outfit, it was right there all along. Yellow with black bats like the Batsignal itself. Ya got me, Snyder.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Someone's gotta distract the bullets from Batman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I skipped Snyder's run after Morrison took me to the limit. Coming back with Tom King's Batman, Detective, and All Star I can't be happier to have taken a few years off to recharge my atomic batteries to power and turbines to speed.

Speaking of: Holy poo poo! Batman 66 Legion of Super Heroes is a must read.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Open Marriage Night posted:

I skipped Snyder's run after Morrison took me to the limit. Coming back with Tom King's Batman, Detective, and All Star I can't be happier to have taken a few years off to recharge my atomic batteries to power and turbines to speed.

Speaking of: Holy poo poo! Batman 66 Legion of Super Heroes is a must read.

I just caught up with Batman 66, ending with Wonder Woman '77, and I thought it was great. Are they making more? I love the '77 status quo and the idea that some form of Return of the Joker '66 happened, causing Bruce to hang up his cowl, is hilarious to me--which makes me want to see a Batman Beyond '99 where an aged Bruce could mentor Terry McGinnis in becoming the new Batman of the distant future.

Argue fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 22, 2017

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

Scott Snyder is clearly having a lot of fun writing All-Star Batman -- you can tell that he really wanted to write a situation where he could use the line "Listen up, people! As of this moment, you have a new captain... Captain Batman." And even though it's kind of corny, you have to smile at the earnestness of it.

I checked and I haven't seen this announced anywhere, so I guess this counts as news, but some text that appears in the backup story reveals that J.H. Williams III will be writing and/or drawing Detective Comics starting with #971 (which would be sometime this winter):

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oooh :)
Batwoman marriage arc?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
It might just be a reference, since the top-left corner calls out Bill Finger. Not that I would be against JHW3 coming back at all. Hell if Rucka could make up with Didio, maybe anything is possible?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Oooh :)
Batwoman marriage arc?

Wouldn't they do that in the actual Batwoman title, though?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
No Man's Land is such a slog for me to get through. Did it feel that way when it was released or were people really interested in it?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I read through it recently and it was fine.

Knightfall on the other hand...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I actually think the No Man's Land novelization is the best way to go through that story

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I actually think the No Man's Land novelization is the best way to go through that story

Yeah, this unironically so. It trims a lot of the fat and gives the story a sort of overall cohesive feel rather than feeling like an event book. It's not high literature or anything but it's the most sensible version of the story.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Re: today's Detective Comics, If the Knightfall costume is really just a one issue thing, I hate everyone.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Today's Batwoman served as a one-shot zero issue to an upcoming Detective Comics storyline, like that one Batman issue before Eternal.
I'm guessing there are at least four times as many people buying Det than BW, so thought I'd let ya know.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I'm finally catching up on King's run, and all the Robins eating at a Batman-themed McDonalds is the best thing

"So, uh, you don't want to Jokerize your fries?"

e: "I can't... Is this really happening? Is this really how you eat a burger?"

e2: it's really dumb though that he'll use Clark's regeneration chambers or stasis pods or whatever to keep the kids safe, but not ask him to do the STAS crossover thing and clown Bane faster than he could blink

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 18, 2017

SMP
May 5, 2009

Detective was great this week. I'm really glad Tynion has at least a grasp on what anarchism actually is. His Anarky is great and not just a lovely villain like his last appearance in the last volume of Detective.

Make Anarky Great (Again?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Autism Sneaks posted:

I'm finally catching up on King's run, and all the Robins eating at a Batman-themed McDonalds is the best thing

"So, uh, you don't want to Jokerize your fries?"

e: "I can't... Is this really happening? Is this really how you eat a burger?"

e2: it's really dumb though that he'll use Clark's regeneration chambers or stasis pods or whatever to keep the kids safe, but not ask him to do the STAS crossover thing and clown Bane faster than he could blink
I imagine Supes would be glad to help him, but his problem will be that if he has Supes tag in for him more than once in a bat-moon, the villains would at least notice that he's now tougher, stronger, faster, and so on - and would juice up or gear up to counter that, at which point normal Batman has his abdomen exploded.

• Locked thread