Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

TotalLossBrain posted:

Photo was taken in Richland. Next time I see the guy in his driveway I'll ask.

I grew up there :tinfoil: I'd ask where in Richland but that's getting a little too doxxy.

KakerMix posted:

Wonder where that AZ-1 came from because unless that's used as some sort of museum exemption sort of thing it is not federally legal under any circumstances. When I see an import dealer in the US doing that it call into question absolutely everything else they do. Hopefully they didn't import and sell it.
October this year is when the very first ones manufactured become legal. And that's only the ones made in October 1992.

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

I grew up there :tinfoil: I'd ask where in Richland but that's getting a little too doxxy.

:shrug:

Yeah looks like they did sell it. Federally breaking the law there and that ain't cool. Absolutely zero ways around it. That car will never ever be legal and is now rolling contraband.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Was it established whether it was as accurate as month/day of manufacture, rather than year? Or can you import a 1992 car in January?

I'm sure this came up relating to a Skyline at one point, and there's precedence for it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

InitialDave posted:

Was it established whether it was as accurate as month/day of manufacture, rather than year? Or can you import a 1992 car in January?

I'm sure this came up relating to a Skyline at one point, and there's precedence for it.

From everything I've seen and heard and read it's the month of manufacture in the real world. So January every car manufactured 25 years ago in January is legal, February the same, etc.

https://one.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import posted:

7. Importing a vehicle that is at least 25 years old.
A motor vehicle that is at least 25 years old can be lawfully imported into the U.S. without regard to whether it complies with all applicable FMVSS. Such a vehicle would be entered under Box 1 on the HS-7 Declaration form to be given to Customs at the time of importation. If you wish to see that form, you may download a copy from our website at https://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import. You should note that the 25 year period runs from the date of the vehicle's manufacture. If the date of manufacture is not identified on a label permanently affixed to the vehicle by its original manufacturer, to establish the age of the vehicle, you should have documentation available such as an invoice showing the date the vehicle was first sold or a registration document showing that the vehicle was registered at least 25 years ago. Absent such information, a statement from a recognized vehicle historical society identifying the age of the vehicle could be used.

NHTSA says this however.

I don't expect any blowback to happen from hyper-niche kei cars as much as Skylines or Landrovers but it still is not legal as far as the law is concerned and it bums me out because it's dishonest, illegal and importers know absolutely what they are doing. Not to poo poo on Gay Nudist Dad's bud's place of work but I have been salivating at the thought of having an AZ-1 and have researched the balls out of this to hammer it down to the Federally-legal bone zone, which is 25 years to the day of manufacture with some minor wiggle room because of the NHTSA rules. Days within a month ehhh sure. Whole months no.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/tCZ0qso.mp4

Don't you hate when you get 1/2 a mile down the road and realize you forgot everything?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I don't think I've ever seen a car flounce before.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I like the :downs: Niva in the back just rolling back downhill.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Powershift posted:

http://i.imgur.com/tCZ0qso.mp4

Don't you hate when you get 1/2 a mile down the road and realize you forgot everything?

That's gotta be reversed, right?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Video is reversed. Just a J turn you guys. That's in Azerbaijan too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That's gotta be reversed, right?

Yeah. but it's not quite as funny the right way.

cursedshitbox posted:

Video is reversed. Just a J turn you guys. That's in Azerbaijan too.

It can't be, the front end isn't jacked up on any of those cars.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Shy of maybe using low range, the lol 70hp that piece of poo poo has isn't going to do it. These things are about the size of the original explorer with like 1/3 the hp.

But force... Yeah force can do er. Hence my comment.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I mean it can't be Azerbaijan, in reference to azelow

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

I mean it can't be Azerbaijan, in reference to azelow

Fairo, I just searched gmaps for Samaxi.

I want a niva, too

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

Fairo, I just searched gmaps for Samaxi.

I want a niva, too

an azelow niva?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVrSPT5BTGo
15 second feel-good clip of the day

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ls1 rx7 :whitewater:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Didnt explode into flames wrong thread

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

A friend posted this on FB. I am conflicted, but feel that I made the right choice of thread.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Finger Prince posted:

A friend posted this on FB. I am conflicted, but feel that I made the right choice of thread.

Not gonna lie, I've been staring at this for a good long while and I still can't decide whether I like it or hate it.

Thumbs up for the Daytons, not gonna lie about that.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Finger Prince posted:

I too am very confused about this. On one hand it's utterly hideous to all standards of good taste; on the other it's so hideous that it's fittingly brilliant. :confuoot:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
A safe rule is that any American car which turns up at a UK meet does not look how it does ironically.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
With those fender flares, it'll always get a pass from me.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Finger Prince posted:

To be fair, that looks like some legit lowrider paint and that poo poo is always AI.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I too am very confused about this. On one hand it's utterly hideous to all standards of good taste; on the other it's so hideous that it's fittingly brilliant. :confuoot:
I think I had a Hot Wheels version of that when I was 8.

In a similar vein, a friend just linked me this:

and I'm posting it here because, while each element of style is terrible, at least they went full :regd08: with it, I respect their level of commitment.

Edit: I hope the decklid pair of fake Continentals are subwoofers, or are hiding extra-long-throw hydraulic pistons in their Ben Hur spindles, that'd make it perfect.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 8, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Delivery McGee posted:

and I'm posting it here because, while each element of style is terrible, at least they went full :regd08: with it, I respect their level of commitment.

Edit: I hope the decklid pair of fake Continentals are subwoofers, or are hiding extra-long-throw hydraulic pistons in their Ben Hur spindles, that'd make it perfect.

Not that we needed all that for the car, but once you get locked into a serious mod collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Memento posted:

Not that we needed all that for the car, but once you get locked into a serious mod collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

:golfclap:

new thread title

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
still cant get over how much thoes rims cost

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm at a enthusiast race in Sweden and it's basically awesome old cars as far as your eye can see. Pics when I get home.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Built 12 years ago, sold then bought back by the original builder. Ah the days when you could buy a M3 for under 10k and the S14 you pulled out was only worth 2k.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

Built 12 years ago, sold then bought back by the original builder. Ah the days when you could buy a M3 for under 10k and the S14 you pulled out was only worth 2k.

Wtf how do you know Wayne?

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Delivery McGee posted:

What I really like about this car is the rear fender skirts with the swingas.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Bape Culture posted:

Wtf how do you know Wayne?

I wish I actually knew Wayne, he's in one of the E30 M3 facebook groups

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Design wise I think this belongs here but the suspension work looks like maybe it belongs in the other thread, who knows.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Ether Frenzy posted:

Design wise I think this belongs here but the suspension work looks like maybe it belongs in the other thread, who knows.

The graphics are nice but what the hell is up with that rear bar with the tire mounted on it? Did they remove the tailgate so they could point their mirror downwards and have decent rear visibility?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Car and Coffee this morning, time to go see a bunch of expensive stuff which is dull and more weird and exotic thing that are not.

Mitsubishi Kie Car with DOHC and turbo

Toyota Mini Truck

Nice Chevy Truck

Plymouth Duster Drag Car

Rat Rod

Subaru WRX Apocalypse Car

Alpina Coupe of some Description

Ford Fairline 500 Fastback

Plymouth Road Runner 440 - yours for $29k

The bravest man there in his TR6

Clearly too hot to handle

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

I'm at a enthusiast race in Sweden and it's basically awesome old cars as far as your eye can see. Pics when I get home.
Caterhams!

Racing Saab 93s. The pre-1965 race class was awesome if only for my butt of two-stroke smoke that rolled over the stands each time the cars went by.

Volvo 780 Bertone. One of about 8500 made between 1985 and 1990, intended to compete with BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar in the luxury sedan segment. It didn't succeed.

Austin-Healey 3000. Insert Lucas joke here.

Saab Sonett II/V4. The Sonett II originally had an 840cc two-stroke i3, but were later sold with a Ford-made 1.5l four-stroke V4 and a slightly redesigned hood to fit the larger engine.

Renault Alpine A-110 in 70s Repsol livery.

Volvo P1800. Obligatory The Saint reference.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Collateral Damage posted:

Austin-Healey 3000. Insert Lucas joke here.Note the three driving lamps: that's so you can have one waiting on NLA 6V parts, one actually on fire, and one throwing hilariously weak light that pulsates with engine RPM at any given time, while both headlamps are melting their wiring harnesses.

Ok. :cheerdoge:

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I had one of these (the b230ft+ not the v-6) in red with the two tone interior. It was a fantastic touring car. If I hadn't crashed it I like to tell myself I would still be driving it.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
lol the rebar on the Subaru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

BigPaddy posted:

Plymouth Duster Drag Car

It's actually a Plymouth Volare. For some hosed up reason they could be ordered with a trim package called Duster, a couple of years after the Duster died.