Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah I wonder if Aries is just done with wrestling in general. He seemed pretty burned out towards the end of the Neville feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

aries probably thought he should have been elevated to the level of the big dog, roman reigns, who is way out of his league and in his own yard. bow wow and woof woof.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Abroham Lincoln posted:

This is a weird loving day.

e: ugh phone posting

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Aries sent out a subtle tweet before one of the PPVs bitching about his match being relegated to the kickoff show so I don't think he was happy.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Ambrose had a chainsaw, don't trust any build.

that build was rear end and the chainsaw was loving stupid. this has been presented as a serious build to a serious match so i trust it a lot more than whatever dumb poo poo they have ambrose do.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I dunno I expect more cuts as 205 doesn't draw and I think the WWE may want to cut some costs in preparation for TV rights negotiations.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i do hope aries winds up back in wwe after he's retired because he's a great commentator and i'd like to see him do that full time

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
#FreeGranMetalik

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I dunno I expect more cuts as 205 doesn't draw and I think the WWE may want to cut some costs in preparation for TV rights negotiations.

they might as well just ax the whole division at this point and just merge the guys from it who they like into the rest of the roster. it's been an abject failure for a year now and there's no saving it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

#FreeGranMetalik

Dave on a WOR said Metalik is almost like Okada in TNA and I have to agree. Tozawa feels super wasted too

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave on a WOR said Metalik is almost like Okada in TNA and I have to agree. Tozawa feels super wasted too

What you mean a guy whose character is "looks on in irritated confusion as another wrestler cuts a promo" isn't being used to their full potential?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the constant wwe mindset of "if english isn't your native language than your character is either portayed as a child or as an idiot" never fails to get guys over

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Benne posted:

#FreeGranMetalik

He should show up at BOLA and bring Gulak and Cedric with him

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i mean tozawa is easily like the most over face in the cruiserweights with AA gone

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

i mean tozawa is easily like the most over face in the cruiserweights with AA gone

i wouldn't know, i never see the cruiserweights because i don't watch raw, 205 live or ppv preshows

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

i wouldn't know, i never see the cruiserweights because i don't watch raw, 205 live or ppv preshows

that's a shame, 205 Live is a pretty good show and they've had some great preshow matches

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cardboard Box posted:

205 Live is a good show now; also Aries is a Sandy Hook truther so no real big loss

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Aries has either been injured or has visibly stopped giving a poo poo about training since before WM.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

i think a better comparison for Metalik in WWE is Metalik in NJPW

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE could use managers besides Titus to cover up the talking part but they hate them even though one of the most over acts they have has a manager doing the talking.....

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

SatoshiMiwa posted:

WWE could use managers besides Titus to cover up the talking part but they hate them even though one of the most over acts they have has a manager doing the talking.....

there are no over acts

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Here lies Austin Aries.

He always left me bored.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

that's a shame, 205 Live is a pretty good show and they've had some great preshow matches

i'm sure they have but i have precious little time i am willing to devote to wwe programming and if they don't treat it like it matters then i really can't care

also i'm one of those people where a dead crowd takes me out a match and all i hear about cruiserweight matches is how no one in the arena gives a poo poo

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

vince dies during raw and the set just starts exploding starting with Michael cole's seat

The world turns ruby red. The arena roof rises, madly, into the sky, riding a pillar of flame.

A jolt travels the length of Kevin Dunn's spine. Of course, he thinks, as his head goes light. How utterly proper.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

i'm sure they have but i have precious little time i am willing to devote to wwe programming and if they don't treat it like it matters then i really can't care

i agree, which is why i just watch 205 live, talking smack, and nxt and read recaps of raw and smackdown :)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

i agree, which is why i just watch 205 live, talking smack, and nxt and read recaps of raw and smackdown :)

i only watch the ppvs and look up raw/smackdown stuff on youtube if any of it sounds interesting and tbh my life has improved so much since i made that decision

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bill Goldberg posted:

there are no over acts

As much as I dislike his current run Brock is still very much over and one of the only non Cena draws they have

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Rovert Was Right

https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/883463477989429248

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wonder if Karl Anderson may ask for his release soon too

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

wow i literally forgot gallows and anderson even existed

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Its hilarious how certain people keep acting like all these wrestlers are signing with WWE soon, yet they're now saying WWE is so bad that everybody wants out. LOL!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

also i'm one of those people where a dead crowd takes me out a match and all i hear about cruiserweight matches is how no one in the arena gives a poo poo

They care so much about the division they won't ever announce Finn's weight on-air so you don't realize he could/should definitely be there instead

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

They care so much about the division they won't ever announce Finn's weight on-air so you don't realize he could/should definitely be there instead

yea, there's a few guys who should technically be in the cruiserweight division but aren't

its almost like weight classes in wrestling are fake and dumb

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Aries is too good for WWE's lovely booking anyway. Fair play to him for asking to leave instead of people like Ryder and Ziggler who just bitch and moan

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

AA was surprisingly over during the (very good) Neville feud, not sure how much more of a push he could have expected from WWE there tbh. Hope he does his thing where he wants to for a few years and lands a commentary job because he was really good at that.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Please make Dixie a GM of Raw or Smackdown

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ho Ho Lun out lasted Austin Aries.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Aries is too good for WWE's lovely booking anyway. Fair play to him for asking to leave instead of people like Ryder and Ziggler who just bitch and moan

I'm happy Aries is gone as well, but not because of WWE's lovely booking, but because he is a terrible person.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

RIP Austin Aries. He died as he lived, jobbing to guys with higher ceilings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
insignificant dwarf truther from uninteresting dwarf wrestler division DEMANDS HIS RELEASE

• Locked thread