Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Primal Weapons (which 99.9% posters of this thread are intimately familiar with) don't even have Sockets since that would go against their Perfect Status

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Primal Weapons (which 99.9% posters of this thread are intimately familiar with) don't even have Sockets since that would go against their Perfect Status

:negative:

WHY MUST YOU USE THE SALT ON THIS GAPING WOUND?!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
sockets can generally be rolled into good perks so if i get an ancient that's good I just sit on it, provided the socket can be rolled into something worthwhile and not vit or whatever.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I haven't played this game in like 2 years, so this is probably a dumb question: is powerleveling still a thing? I'm going to be on vacation for the first 10 days of the season, and I know by the time I get back everyone else will already be soloing 60 grifts or whatever, so I'm hoping there's still a way to skip all the other crap and get to the good stuff, ideally with a bunch of goons.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I haven't played this game in like 2 years, so this is probably a dumb question: is powerleveling still a thing? I'm going to be on vacation for the first 10 days of the season, and I know by the time I get back everyone else will already be soloing 60 grifts or whatever, so I'm hoping there's still a way to skip all the other crap and get to the good stuff, ideally with a bunch of goons.

Definitely.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

:wtc:

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

I had that as well. Honestly I just use for my weirdo witch doctor who has his knife transmitted into a hamburger and is holding a live cat in his other hand.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
So what's the verdict on necro? Crusader type underpowered needing patches to make right? I've held off waiting on reviews but goons probably the only source I'd trust.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

xxEightxx posted:

So what's the verdict on necro? Crusader type underpowered needing patches to make right? I've held off waiting on reviews but goons probably the only source I'd trust.

Everything but.

For example, I cleared the story mode from scratch on T3 without much difficulty, no full sets and only one or two legendaries.

Seen lots of people posting they are managing GR 70 easily and 80 as doable as well. Haven't seen any 90+ yet but that will likely happen with time.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Is meleemancer still a thing? As in, does that exist and is it actually viable?

I get home on Tuesday, and buying/installing my necro is near the top of my to-do list, so I wouldn't mind having an idea of which way I want to go with him.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

the_steve posted:

Is meleemancer still a thing? As in, does that exist and is it actually viable?

I get home on Tuesday, and buying/installing my necro is near the top of my to-do list, so I wouldn't mind having an idea of which way I want to go with him.

Yes, in fact the current challenge rift on ps4 should be a meleemancer for you to try out.

Of course which build you lean towards will at first be heavily dependent on which drops you get.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I've been using tons of pets and it's so easy. Flesh Golem plus Corpse Explosion along with Purgatory Revive is insane. I'm not even through Act II and I've already cranked the difficulty up to Torment.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Finally got my first primal. It is the ultimate gently caress you.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Finally got my first primal. It is the ultimate gently caress you.

No crit chance, crit damage, or cool down reduction. I'd scrap it bro

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ok, I've not done a whole lot past the regular story mode, what's Primal supposed to signify?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

the_steve posted:

Ok, I've not done a whole lot past the regular story mode, what's Primal supposed to signify?

Primals are the next tier above ancient

White > Blue > Yellow > Legendary (Set) > Ancient Legendary (Set) > Primal Ancient Legendary (set)

Primals are the same as ancients but every perk is at maximum values. They have an EXTREMELY low drop chance. They will be added to your loot pool once you have a single character solo a Greater Rift 70. The joke about mine is that Puzzle Rings are designed to be consumed in the Cube. I finally get a hugely rare item in a form that's not supposed to be kept.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 11, 2017

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Is that single character soloing a rift then spread across your account, or just the one hero?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

^burtle posted:

Is that single character soloing a rift then spread across your account, or just the one hero?

The entire account

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
Excluding seasonal characters. If you want primals on your seasonal character you will need to reach it with a seasonal character as well.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Primals are the next tier above ancient

White > Blue > Yellow > Legendary (Set) > Ancient Legendary (Set) > Primal Ancient Legendary (set)

Primals are the same as ancients but every perk is at maximum values. They have an EXTREMELY low drop chance. They will be added to your loot pool once you have a single character solo a Greater Rift 70. The joke about mine is that Puzzle Rings are designed to be consumed in the Cube. I finally get a hugely rare item in a form that's not supposed to be kept.

I can't stand to see you down like this. Post "Primals Please" in the slack channel in the next 5 minutes and I'll send you my perfect roll Primal Unity?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I can't stand to see you down like this. Post "Primals Please" in the slack channel in the next 5 minutes and I'll send you my perfect roll Primal Unity?

I'm banned from Slack for 3 days. :v:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
God drat too bad the real money auction house is gone, I could retire.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Diablo 3 on a controller works really well in general (other than builds that require num lock auto click spam) so long as you're using the Option to unlock button binding

Which classes/builds require num lock auto click spam? Honest question. I haven't played in a long time and I'm trying to decide whether to get necro for pc or PS4.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ellaybee posted:

Which classes/builds require num lock auto click spam? Honest question. I haven't played in a long time and I'm trying to decide whether to get necro for pc or PS4.

The biggest offender by a country mile is any Wizard build that uses Explosive Blast. I'm sure there are others but I really only have a Wizard, Crusader, Necro and Witch Doctor. Necro on a controller works fine, plays real well.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

God drat too bad the real money auction house is gone, I could retire.

some mighty anime lookin wings you got there

:thunk:

bigdaddyo
Jun 28, 2008
Anyone able to help me kill Malth in Hardcore story mode real quick? Xbox GT is Bro Namath47, thanks!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

some mighty anime lookin wings you got there

:thunk:

They don't look anime in game, swear to god!!!1

The angelic wings look weird and the falcon wings look more birdy than angely

Anime is bad

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yay, got my Necromancer to GR 80+. :dance:

Unfortunately I seem to now be at a point where only luck can get me further. If I have a map with Lacuni or Winged assassins, I'm hosed - they jump onto me and I drop dead without even have time to process the first leap. To say nothing of those environmental hazards that damage you before rendering...

Estoric Alteration is at rank 60. Ah well, at least everything else is a breeze now. :haw:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
So I can definitely feel the hit to Star Weaver and Pain Enhancer on the Bone Storm build. I really don't want to pack up the build yet. What are good replacement gems?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
jfc reddit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
In honor of all the moms out there I'm making a bone lance Necro

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My Trag set was named BLOOD FLOOD, with the Rathma being BONE ZONE.

I, uh, probably should have thought that first one through a bit more.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

Maker Of Shoes posted:

So I can definitely feel the hit to Star Weaver and Pain Enhancer on the Bone Storm build. I really don't want to pack up the build yet. What are good replacement gems?

Wait what is this now?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Bone Storm was triggering those gems far too often. It's still powerful, but not to the game breaking degree it was before.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Pain Enhancer still works well on it but what really broke the build for it was the healing ability on Star Weaver. You could face tank some absurd poo poo. Overall the exact same build is probably still good to GR80ish but runs into sustained damage issues if you can't continue to face tank as much as it could in those real high GR's. Ultimately I'll probably switch it over to a Corpse Explosion Inarius build instead. It can burst out higher numbers faster if albeit squishier.

Toxin can be a straight up damage replacement for Star Weaver and does offer some DR on top. Full DR route you could go Esoteric instead. I think I'll try that first before rebuilding.

e2: fuuuuuuuuuuck this nerf is rough. And there's not nearly enough DR in Toxin. :(

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 13, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I just read (probably in this thread knowing my blind self...) that Primal Ancients unlock when you clear a GR70. Is there anything else like that "hidden" behind rifts? I have all the loot I need on my Necro so want to focus on speed running, but not sure if there's anything else I might be missing.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

poptart_fairy posted:

So I just read (probably in this thread knowing my blind self...) that Primal Ancients unlock when you clear a GR70. Is there anything else like that "hidden" behind rifts? I have all the loot I need on my Necro so want to focus on speed running, but not sure if there's anything else I might be missing.

Clear a 70 solo within time. The unlock is account wide. Other than little things like puzzle rings and bovine axes in the cube there are a few little side homages but nothing that yields useable loot.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Clear a Gr70 in time and you too can eat primal ancient fart pants and puzzle rings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Primals are unlocked per "silo" so you've got to solo clear a gr70 in (each new) season, non season, hard-core season, and hard-core nonseason.