Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40540231

The BBC says Chelsea matched the transfer fee but would not match the agent fee that Raiola would get. Seems like he'll still go to United then unless Lukaku really is a die hard Chelsea fan who is dead set on wearing blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

I was talking to people today who suggested that either United or Chelsea (not sure which is funnier) should consider going for Harry Kane instead of Lukaku.

Because, you know, Spurs are so desperate to sell their best player, and Harry Kane wants to leave his boyhood club for their rivals or a team they've finished above for the last two years.

He can't leave Arsenal...

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Gee, who could have seen this coming :rolleyes:

Not too fussed if we don't get him, preferred Morata anyway.

Also Kane would probably cost £150m because why the hell would Spurs sell for anything less than crazy money

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Why would you prefer morata

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
It would take nearer to 200M to get Harry Kane: Daniel Levy is an absolute master at making transfer dealings painful and convoluted.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

AJ_Impy posted:

It would take nearer to 200M to get Harry Kane: Daniel Levy is an absolute master at making transfer dealings painful and convoluted.

see: moussa sissoko

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

chuggo is BACK posted:

see: moussa sissoko

Painful, convoluted and last minute on deadline day. Doesn't get much more Levy than that.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jose posted:

Morata is very good and technically better and last season was Lukaku's first very good one. I like Lukaku more but it's a fair opinion

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Having limited knowledge of Morata my preference is Big Rom

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Adding Lukaku and jettisoning Rooney is definitely worth it.

New deal is being reported as £100m, £10m for Rooney("alleged valuation" but him going for free), £75m for Lukaku with £15m of "easily attained" add ons based on Lukaku being on the pitch and kicking a ball, sometimes into the goal

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Jose posted:

Morata has proven his ability to show up in big matches and is reportedly cheaper to acquire

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Adding Lukaku and jettisoning Rooney is definitely worth it.

New deal is being reported as £100m, £10m for Rooney("alleged valuation" but him going for free), £75m for Lukaku with £15m of "easily attained" add ons based on Lukaku being on the pitch and kicking a ball, sometimes into the goal

This is a really bad deal for Everton unless Rooney is negotiating a whole new contract or something.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Exclusively buying Raiola clients seems dumb as hell

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
for these sums why not take a punt on a dozen plucky youngsters, a few would pan out

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Reprisal posted:

for these sums why not take a punt on a dozen plucky youngsters, a few would pan out

I don't konw why they didn't go for Iheanacho.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Drogba apparently tried to call Lukaku on Instagram live lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Reprisal posted:

Morata has proven his ability to show up in big matches and is reportedly cheaper to acquire

Lukaku can win them the league, Morata might be a little Spanish babby and poo poo himself

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

Lukaku can win them the league, Morata might be a little Spanish babby and poo poo himself

Lukaku has proven he can do it on a wet, windy Wednesday night at Stoke.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Lukaku is better than Wayne Rooney but not as good as Zlatan Ibrahimovic. United are now WORSE. Sad.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

R. Mute posted:

And now Timothy Castagne has taken his place at Atalanta. Consider Foket thoroughly owned.

This guys name means Timmy Chestnuts lol

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/883581448493699072

Close to getting officially official.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Lukaku in and Rooney out is extremely rad.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
The antagonism that United fans feel towards one of their all time greatest players and record goalscorer has always been so bizarre. They're delighted that he's declined.

I think it's because he's working class.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

He should have worked a single day in his life to be considered working class.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Hoops posted:

I think it's because he's scouse

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's so bad at football that even pundits and commentators have started to twig.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nice, Douglas Costa is apparently off to Juventus for real now, as the club has sold Neto and freed up the third non-EU slot.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/RioMoussallem/status/883581888648105984

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hoops posted:

The antagonism that United fans feel towards one of their all time greatest players and record goalscorer has always been so bizarre. They're delighted that he's declined.

I think it's because he's working class.

Nobody is delighted he's declined. He's declined to a point where he's an active detriment on the field and still keeps getting picked for games and keeps hanging around because an incompetent muppet man gave him a ridiculous contract. We're delighted because he's finally being shipped off, some years after falling below a level required from a Manchester United player.

It's not really his fault (beyond not taking enough care of himself over the years) and he was definitely great in his prime, but his prime is years and years behind him.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sad that this is how his time at United is ending and I'm grateful for everything he brought to the club.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
£90m is a pretty ridiculous price for a good but not truly great striker. That's £20m more than Morata would have cost.

Assuming the add-ons are triggered this basically makes Lukaku the most expensive player ever, doesn't it?

£89m for most expensive player ever Pogba last summer, £90m for most expensive player ever Lukaku this summer. Mad world.

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 8, 2017

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Sounds like Utd are trying to buy a PL title.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Morata is a whiny baby who would complain about the rain and the food and be sold for a loss the following summer

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Ninpo posted:

I'm sad that this is how his time at United is ending and I'm grateful for everything he brought to the club.

Same. People telling him to gently caress off are idiots who don't deserve nice things.

If we're going to end up paying half his wages anyway I wouldn't have been offended at the idea of keeping him around for another year as a Mickey Owen-esque fifth-choice backup/loveable mascot, but him going somewhere else to get first team football at 31 is a good outcome imo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Also have this video of Big Rom and Big Pog doing black people stuff

https://twitter.com/Sporf/status/883625263724212224

The line from Lukaku is basically "see you at training tomorrow, mate"

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

a lot of man utd fans are saying they would have preferred morata and even though I obviously have a soft spot for lukaku I probably would have preferred to spend that amount of money on somebody I know is comfortable in the league and country

he'll be good for them I think

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Mourinho was a Manchester United fan all along.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Also have this video of Big Rom and Big Pog doing black people stuff

https://twitter.com/Sporf/status/883625263724212224

The line from Lukaku is basically "see you at training tomorrow, mate"
that's a nice house

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thirteenth Step posted:

a lot of man utd fans are saying they would have preferred morata and even though I obviously have a soft spot for lukaku I probably would have preferred to spend that amount of money on somebody I know is comfortable in the league and country

he'll be good for them I think

This is a good opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Healbot posted:

Nice, Douglas Costa is apparently off to Juventus for real now, as the club has sold Neto and freed up the third non-EU slot.

I really expected that (seemingly) getting Bernardeschi would end the pursuit of Costa, but it really seems like Juve are getting both of them :shrug:

• Locked thread