Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
3:13, HoH, serious shade at Nicole and Corey.

This is funny and I like it enough not to tell you what is said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

mallratcal posted:

As much as I dislike Cody and Jess I'm hoping Paul's plan blows up in his face.

No kidding. Talk about over-playing. The thing is, Paul doesn't even need to worry about retribution next week since he's safe. So if he nominates Cody and Jessica and somehow Cody wins POV and uses it on himself, Jessica goes home but Paul doesn't have to worry about Cody coming after him if Cody wins HOH.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mahoning posted:

No kidding. Talk about over-playing. The thing is, Paul doesn't even need to worry about retribution next week since he's safe. So if he nominates Cody and Jessica and somehow Cody wins POV and uses it on himself, Jessica goes home but Paul doesn't have to worry about Cody coming after him if Cody wins HOH.

Just nominate Alex and Jason. If one of them wins veto, that's what you want to happen anyway.

They'd be dumb to pick Cody or Jess in houseguests choice because neither of those two would use the power knowing the other would be the replacement.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Paul just really, REALLY wants Cody out. He's convinced that either without the other will go bananas (probably true) but Cody pissed him off enough to go nuclear.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Just nominate Alex and Jason. If one of them wins veto, that's what you want to happen anyway.

They'd be dumb to pick Cody or Jess in houseguests choice because neither of those two would use the power knowing the other would be the replacement.

The noms are Alex/Josh.

I am bad with names but I know this much.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Of course Paul is going to overplay the most obvious HOH ever.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Also, Christmas actually does hate Jason, so if he's a nom and doesn't get off the block, he risks going home against Jody, despite the best-laid plans.

I will at least say of Paul, that he chose good pawns. It just seems unnecessary.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
How did Kevin convince everyone he voted for Jilllian to stay over Rames?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sbaldrick posted:

How did Kevin convince everyone he voted for Jilllian to stay over Rames?

Kevin said he voted for Jillian and everyone else thought Ramses looked guilty.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Everybody hates Ramses for some reason. I guess he's behind plane-bannergate,so the house thinks he's full of it.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
So....when Cody gets drawn for POV and wins then doesn't use it, this plan is gonna definitely be super good.

Paul is an idiot.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah it's real dumb and it's begging to blow up. Watch Christmas/Kevin take the temptation and the curse is that noms can't change.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SweetJahasus posted:

So....when Cody gets drawn for POV and wins then doesn't use it, this plan is gonna definitely be super good.

Paul is an idiot.

He'll convince Ramses to use his curse and get it out of the way.

Foolproof!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

Kevin said he voted for Jillian and everyone else thought Ramses looked guilty.

It's astounding how Kevin just does things and no one even thinks about it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin's getting by on being the likable old guy everyone thinks is just missing his family. No one is actually respecting him enough to see him as a player besides Paul. But if he keeps up stuff like this that won't last.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I really don't get what Paul's play is here but whatever.

Gonna laugh when Ramses wins POV and he fucks himself.
Paul was trying to play both sides of the house like Cody, but tried to spin it with his alliance first. He wanted to put up two cool kids so he could tell the outsiders he protected them. The cool kids weren't buying that and we're getting angry so Paul abandoned it and instead convinced Alex and Josh that going up was all part of his super secret plan and they bought it because they're dumb and powerless in the house.

Yeah, he should have just settled with putting Cody and Jess up but he says he's not interested in sending Jess home (which makes sense since Jess was still saying she trust Paul even after POV and if Cody goes Paul will probably make himself her only friend). But modern BB players also all go with this "always backdoor" approach like it's a BB chest code. It's like all BB players entering the house know two things. "The wall is going to be next week" and "We have to backdoor people".

Paul's a great socially player which is why he was able to sell Alex and Josh and probably thinks he can turn Jess later. But he didn't do any strategy in BB17 and he's way too pushy and obvious with his agenda. He's getting away with it now because everyones in awe of the vet, Cody did him a favor making him the victim, and he's safe so it would be dumb to target him. But once he's vulnerable and people start thinking of him as an equal it will probably be his undoing.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Max posted:

It's astounding how Kevin just does things and no one even thinks about it.

It's one of those things that absolutely shouldn't work unless there's someone who has acted weird since day 1 like Ramses with his slithering around, blatant attempts to eavesdrop, and the whole banner thing.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wait, but Paul actually made a comment about Victor being a lovely social player. It makes me want to believe that he knows what he's doing, even though he really ought to just put Cody and Jess up together.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SweetJahasus posted:

Paul is an idiot.
Paul doesn't care if that happens. Vote out Ramses then if he's third nominee, or Josh/Alex if not. Paul doesn't care if any of them go home as long as risking their hides increases his chances of backdooring Cody this week, because Cody is the one person he knows is coming for him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And he's got the safety net of being safe next week so he's fine with this HOH failing and him saying "we have to get Cody out next week, I tried". Even if Cody wins HOH he can't play the first week Paul is vulnerable. Paul's playing with house money.

And Cody's made so many more enemies since nominating Paul it's almost a lie in itself that Cody is a direct threat to Paul. He's Paul's most direct threat but if he survived long enough to win HOH in Week 4 when Paul is vulnerable he might not even nominate Paul and if he did I think Paul might stay sitting next to anyone in the house. MAYBE Mark could beat him but the way he's been melting down in a nearly daily basis I don't think that will last long.

[ quote="Propaganda Machine" post="474135163"]
Wait, but Paul actually made a comment about Victor being a lovely social player. It makes me want to believe that he knows what he's doing, even though he really ought to just put Cody and Jess up together.
[/quote]
Well again, Paul's an unquestionably good social player when he's scrambling. He's a cocky douche who insults people over time, but before that he has an uncanny ability to shift his personality to connect with everyone in the house on a different level. He's a chameleon.

But he's cocky and genuinely believes he's one of the greatest players of all time and he just got screwed in BB18. I said it before. He's BB Russel Hantz.

Also, Victor totally was a terrible social player. He went home on Week 2 because everyone hated him and then when he came back his only friends were the guy who backdoored him and the guy who sold him out. And they were both mocking him behind his back.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
oh my goodness gracious THIS KITTY BREAK

gently caress humans just let a kitty win this season

:3:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Haven't seen any feeds today but apparently I missed a murder.

Truly Jody have finally gone too far.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Kevin had a pretty good line on BBAD last night--"Of course Paul wins the temptation week one, how did we not see it?? He's the vet coming in with a built-in fan base...my twenty-two kids are gonna vote for me but everyone else is going Paul!"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think Raven is genuinely into this conversation.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds back.

Temptation and Curse happened. "3 people will pay" as the Curse but people have no idea what it means. Lots of speculation and paranoia.

Jess and Cody say "We're getting cursed" so Cody didn't pull out a late win. Its gotta be Kevin, Alex, or Christmas.

Raven spies on Cody and Jess to hear if they have it.

Cool Kids all saying they didn't get it but they could by lying to the group. Christmas is keeping the extent of her injury from everyone but Dom and Paul so she might do the same with this. Cool Kids think its Kevin because of something he said about being allowed to talk about stuff.

Christmas appears deep in thought, for whatever that's worth. She then excuses herself to the DR for meds.

Jess and Cody are pretending they feel bad for Jillian, as if they exchanged 20 words between her. Jess seems wound up about how she's going to be perceived. Cody rambling about how some people will understand and some people are "like those people." "No one has an intimate view of this." I'm not sure Cody gets the concept of Big Brother.

Jess: #StandByYourMan. #She'sAnIdiot

Kevin keeps insisting a girl had to have won it.

Christmas sits down with Jason and says she just wants to hear his side about him lying about his vote before she makes any conclusions. Jason asks if she feels like he directly promised her vote. Christmas throws it back and asks if he felt like he did. Jason says he was trying to "lead" her that way but was giving body language "and poo poo" that he wasn't. He says Paul and Mark were "riding his rear end" and he wanted to get them off him. Christmas says she didn't know that and she has a different approach. Jason says he just kept ducking the questions and then just said "I'm solid" to avoid saying it.

Jason: Why would I keep you over Jillian? Because you're not as cool as Jillian? Give me a break.
Jason's really bad at this.

Jason says she's not a vote for him, Christmas says she gets that but asks why he didn't just say that. Christmas says other people told her flat out she wasn't getting their votes and she was fine with that and respects it. Christmas basically makes the argument that from her perspective he's flakey and she feels "hosed over". She says she didn't want a combative conversation, just to clear the air and move forward. Jason says that from his perspective she's with the power and he's on the outside. Christmas says she doesn't feel that safety because her game already got flipped upside down once. Jason says he really struggled with it because he broke her foot and he kept telling himself it wasn't personal, just game, and if it had worked he would have been on the power side.

Eventually they kind of get on the same page and the hostility breaks down. Christmas saying she really likes him and wants him deep into this house and the jury. Jason apologizes for "misconstruing" the vote. Christmas says she was fighting for Jason last week (eh, I dunno). Christmas says Jason stood her up for dancing this morning and she felt like it was a personal. She gets emotional about her foot and it derailing her game and I'm not going to recap all of this except to say that its a lot like the Mark conversation. She's very in your face and pushes past the defensiveness and makes that emotional plea and gets through to them. Jason's coming around.

Jason: Why does everyone think I need to be taken to jury?
Christmas: Honestly? Because you're a target right now. You broke Christmas and then voted to evict her. I know you didn't win the Temptation this week.
Jason: I'm never winning it. laughter

This start off shaky but ends up going real well. Jason says he feels bad about everything. Christmas accepts his reasoning for last week and says going forward "no lies." Lots of pleasantry about enjoying each other's company and second lives in the game. Christmas talks nice about Jason's family and Jason tells her about his job and they connect. Christmas cries a little again talking about how she "scooted" down the stairs this morning to dance and he wasn't there. Christmas is REALLY good at this. And she's high on painkillers.

They talk about all the Cody/Jessica stuff. Jason says he never wanted to work with "that bitch". Jason starts telling her all about his Cody interactions and deals. Jason's getting really animated and open about how he was being forced to "the bad kids table at school" and when he saw "all the cool kids imploding" he had to take his shot. Christmas is really receptive and says she totally gets that. On and on and on.

Things get tricky when Jason starts ripping into Ramses being a "piece of poo poo" about lying about his vote and calling Kevin a snake. Christmas knows Kevin is lying and Ramses is telling the truth and clearly wants to defend Ramses and says things like "how do you know he lied?" without selling out Kevin. Eventually they seem to settle on the fact that vote aside Ramses has the Curse, is lying about it, lied about Banner Gate, threw some comp, and is just sketchy in general.

This conversation has to be going over an hour now... But Christmas is building a real bond with Jason and getting a lot of info.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody's giving Alex some nonsense about how "the warriors" are on their side and the "Paul cocksuckers" are on the other. Alex seems like she's eating it up and calling all the girls stupid. Cody says America screwed and rigged the game and fans are revolting.

Alex: I just want to hit Josh in the face.
Cody: I can't even say that any more.

Cody calls Mark a coward. Alex says it sucks she has to pretend to be ok with it all to play the game and Cody shocks us all by saying he isn't. Cody bitches about the HOH Room Reveal and people "pretending to be happy about cereal." Oddly that's probably the most real part of the HOH Room Reveal, the food people can steal from the HOH. Alex calls someone a "butt buddy" and winces at the camera. Cody calls Christmas smug. Josh and Ramses bashing. Bitter, party of 2.

Alex says Jillian was going to give some speech bashing Christmas as a cheater and liar who blew up her alliance but she didn't because she got overconfident in the vote. That would have been amusing. Both admit they didn't even say goodbye to Jillian because they were too busy being salty. Cody's new targets are Elena and Dominque to hurt Mark. Alex just wants to put Christmas back up because she doesn't understand why she's here. Neither of these two understand this game at all.

Now they're whining about Christmas being successful and they're broke. Cody's calling people pussies again. Alex HILARIOUSLY mocks the absurdity of Matt/Raven and Elena/Mark being serious about their showmances after 2 weeks and Cody sits silently. They both talk about how they knew instantly who betrayed them and Kevin is depressed. Alex calls them POWs and Cody says Jess is "constantly bawling." Cody thinks they're going to let Jessica get to jury just to be cruel and torture them by keeping them apart.

Alex: I want to go to jury but do I want to be stuck with all these fuckheads?

Hilariously Jessica comes out of DR and Cody just stops the conversation cold to go to Have Nots with her. Jessica says she doesn't feel well and her heart is beating really heavy. Probably has something to do with the 23 hours or so of crying and screaming and freakouts. Jessica says she heard Christmas say "if anyone else tries to leave this house I'll put a lasso around them and drag them back in" and Jess asks "How is she allowed to say that?" Cody says he's not apologizing for anything nasty he's said so they do a greatest hits of their insults at Josh last night. I THINK Jessica says she said "Josh is the faggiest excuse for a man" but I might have misheard that. I can't quite catch the key word 100% clearly and I haven't seen it posted anywhere else.

Christmas tells Paul that she has the Temptation. She doesn't know what the Curse is but she chose Cody, Jessica, and Ramses. Paul says the Temptation is perfect and protects them from Cody getting picked. Christmas says she feels bad not telling "the team" but "its too early."

Extended kitties so probably The Curse.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Probably the noms right now, right? I think Paul got called to the DR right before it cut

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

So Christmas got to pick the curse targets but doesn't know what the curse does? Could it be something that actually helps who she picked? I don't see how there is any possible risk to taking the temptation otherwise. The curse part of the other 2 temptations always carried a risk that it could be a downside to the temptation taker.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

They won't get people to come back as returning players if returning players are week one boots. Couldn't they have just said "Paul gets three weeks of safety because who gives a poo poo" and brought back food comps for the Sunday show?

I'm trying to think of like the suburban mom who doesn't watch every single episode and doesn't know there are live feeds and says hmmm, the rules are different every week and the room is spooky, this is good

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
My hot take is that Christmas talks too much. I sat through and then skipped through a "conversation" she had with Jess in the chill-out room. That gets air quotes because over the course of fifteen minutes, Jess might have uttered five words.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Feeds back. First thing I hear "loving cowards" from Cody

It was noms.

e: Josh and Alex on the block with the plan to backdoor cody.

CancerStick fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 8, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Sounds like Ramses also put himself on the block to carry out his curse.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

CancerStick posted:

It was noms.

Why would you not put up Cody and Jess? Seems like Clay/Shelli Part 2. Worst case is that Cody goes down, leaves Jess, is forced to play by himself and would literally have to beast the rest of the way to win.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

CancerStick posted:

It was noms.

What in the making GBS threads gently caress? Paul is a goddamn idiot.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Paul REALLY wants to be the one to destroy Cody. And if Cody is 100% playing for veto, Paul feels he will win.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yes but why have a 100% chance of getting Cody/Jess out when you could have a 80% chance of picking which one goes :downs:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My opinion?

Because Paul doesn't want Jess out. He thinks he can use her when Cody's gone and she won't come after him, she'll go after Christmas, Elena, Raven, etc. He wants to keep Cody out of POV and and make sure he's the one on the block. And if everything goes to hell and Alex or Josh go home he doesn't care because he's safe next week anyway if Cody wins HOH and everyone will still be gunning for him.

Its actually pretty clever, if super selfish and risky to make people realize you're willing to betray anyone. That was even more obvious when he was trying to get Matt and Raven to go up as noms. But that's the way Paul played all last season.

And of course its bullshit because he was handed 3 weeks safety which is what really allows him to risk this with no real immediate danger to himself.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Goddammit I can't adopt those kitty bros. That shelter is all the way down in San Diego :mad:

And yeah, Paul was hammering it in last night that he thinks either Cody or Jess will break and crumble into a pile of tears and sadness without the other, which is probably true. It's just that the remains of Jess will be more useful and malleable than the remains of Cody, so Cody has to go. He declined to nominate them next to each other because he doesn't want to risk anybody but Cody going home. It's equal parts brilliant and shortbus.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
And with Christmas temptation Cody has 0a very very small chance to go for veto. Their only chance is if Cody AND Jess get drawn then one will have a shot at it or if Ramses wins and takes himself off since Paul can't replace him.

The % of this failing is pretty drat low. And he doesn't give a poo poo about Jess. Hell she will probably self evict 5 minutes after Cody is gone.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Contestant promo: I don't care if I have to use my body, as long as it keeps me in control!

CBS Execs: lol she'll give it up on camera and we don't even have to pay her for it.

(I've found Jess very disappointing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CancerStick posted:

And with Christmas temptation Cody has 0a very very small chance to go for veto. Their only chance is if Cody AND Jess get drawn then one will have a shot at it or if Ramses wins and takes himself off since Paul can't replace him.

The % of this failing is pretty drat low. And he doesn't give a poo poo about Jess. Hell she will probably self evict 5 minutes after Cody is gone.

There's a small chance of screwup if Christmas gets picked and can't use the ring. But the odds of Christmas getting picked AND Cody/Jess getting picked with only 2 picks is as low as its gonna get.

It was a bit of a risk but things are setting up for it to work. And he was always playing with a safety net.

• Locked thread