Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody: loving cowards.
Remember, Cody's in this situation because he blindsided and backdoored his target.

Silly Jessica says that Josh "got a taste of his own medicine" and Cody has to tell her he's a pawn and in on it. Cody thinks they should have put a competitor up there. Or him with Jess. Again... Cody is in this situation for backdooring someone. Cody wants to "zing" Dom by calling her "Judas." That would be fun. He wants to tell Mark he's coming after his girls if he gets back in the game. Jess mocks Paul for "doing the cliche thing." Do I need to say it? Cody's brilliant plan remains to "not say poo poo to anyone" and make things "awkward as gently caress."

Cody: They're going to poo poo if I get picked for that veto.
hehehehe

Paul asks Ramses to throw the POV to assure Cody goes up. He tells him Cody's going to try and make a deal with him but if he pulls himself off and saves Cody its going to piss the house off. Its a lovely situation, but Ramses should maybe throw the POV? I don't think I've ever thought a nominee should throw POV until right now... but maybe?

Paul: And on the off chance that he gets picked, guess who gets to poo poo on his loving parade?
Christmas: Beautiful.
Paul: It deserves an Oscar nominee.

Ramses is telling Dom that he promised himself to always pull himself down with POV if he's on the block but he thinks he has to throw it this week. Dom says there's an "agenda" and its about behavior. She says the way he's behaved and is treating people and going after Josh. Dom assures Ramses that Cody is done if he's on the block. Raven says its the best week to do it. Ramses apologizes for lying.

Alex tells Jason that Paul knows who the Curse is going to hit and its fine. Jason, "HOW THE gently caress DOES HE KNOW?! THIS GUY'S A GENIUS!" Alex says he's just friends with everyone, which is why she keeps telling Jason to keep his mouth shut. Jason thinks Christmas has the temptation and Alex says "that freakin sucks because she doesn't deserve it!" Alex bought into Paul's pitch and thinks he's going to work sincerely with her and Jason.

Alex: Don't tell him anything.
Jason: I don't loving know anything! I'm sick of being the dumb dumb with my head up my rear end! God drat it!
Alex: We're actually more ahead than everyone else in the game. We know more than that side knows.
Errr?

Alex: I'm trying to protect you, dude. I told you first day, I'll protect you as much as I can.
Jason: I'M SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE PROTECTING PEOPLE! WHY THE gently caress IS EVERYONE PROTECTING ME! THIS IS loving BULLSHIT!

Cody whining about the alternator on his truck again. He played BB to fix his truck. Oh, now he's talking about paying child support and we flip away.

An odd group of Paul, Josh, Kevin, Christmas, and Elena discussing Cody's bad behavior. I guess he showed his rear end during noms. Paul says he'd be willing to throw the POV to Josh just to rub it in. Kevin says Cody told him Jess wants to quit so she might volunteer to go up and out. Christmas asks how she could talk so much poo poo about Megan and then talk about quitting. Christmas suggests keeping her in just for spite, and then apologizes. Paul tells them to be as catty as they want as long as he gets what he wants this week.

Extended Kitties. Have Nots? New Curse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
The curse is incredible.

Cody, Jess, and Jason have to wear a frog costume for a week and hop every where they go. Cody looks like he is about to snap.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AHAHAHAHA! Cody, Jessica, and Jason are in frogsuits and have to stand on lillypads and only hop between them!

Cody is NOT happy.

Jessica is surprisingly taking it well.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

These cat breaks make me wonder if the kitten cams are still a thing...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dom is laughing sooooooooooo hard.

Christmas said something about karma. I bet that didn't go unnoticed.

Jessica: Joke's on them, we're not leaving this room all week.

Jason: I'm a Ve-Toad!

Jessica: Our children are going to see this.

Cody doesn't think anyone's ever been evicted with a costume on, so he's pretty confident they're fine about that.

Jessica thinks her mother is embarrassed. By the frog suit.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 8, 2017

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That seems like kind of a lame curse for the ring of replacement they teased on Thursday though?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, its a mildly lame super power. I mean, it could be huge if used in the right spot but it also could be nothing.

BB stuff are always a mix of the game breaking and the silly. That's really not anything new. We only kind of expected it to be big because Ramses' was big, but how many terrible nomination type things could you do without totally screwing everyone? At some point we had to know the Curse would just be Have Nots or something.

Also, this means that Cody now has to literally hop to the nomination block. So I just don't care about anything else.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I love that Cody is being a bit of a champ, and Jess is being a whiny babby.

As long as they're going to be horrible people, it may as well be entertaining.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I love that Cody is being a bit of a champ, and Jess is being a whiny babby.

As long as they're going to be horrible people, it may as well be entertaining.

I'm not sure what "bit of a champ" means to you but I think it has a different meaning. Cody is calling everyone pussies and cowards, refusing to speak with anyone, and vowing to make life in the house as miserable as possible. He also just said he wouldn't go to finale. Oh, and he berated and bullied Josh multiple times last night. You know, the weakest person in the house.

And the frog thing is actually the only thing that has actually pulled Jess out of her self pity in almost a week.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not sure what "bit of a champ" means to you but I think it has a different meaning. Cody is calling everyone pussies and cowards, refusing to speak with anyone, and vowing to make life in the house as miserable as possible. He also just said he wouldn't go to finale. Oh, and he berated and bullied Josh multiple times last night. You know, the weakest person in the house.

And the frog thing is actually the only thing that has actually pulled Jess out of her self pity in almost a week.

Forgive my misread, then. I haven't watched feeds tonight. That's even better. I love this dumb show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Jess is actually smiling and laughing for the first time in 5 days. The silly punishment seems to have given her a tiny bit of perspective and pulled her slightly out of her self pity spiral.

Cody was being his usual miserable, sullen self about it. He's not complaining THAT much but he just went straight back to bed after the reveals.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Matt is one of the most pointless houseguests I've seen - how are they gonna turn this guy into a TV character? There's nothing there. Was he just cast because of his "look?" Very Jenn City if so.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wait, do Jody have any idea that the entire house is salivating to backdoor Cody?

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

I love this so much. :frogc00l:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Matt is the super soldier serum'd Seth Meyers right?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ToastyPotato posted:

Matt is the super soldier serum'd Seth Meyers right?

I think that's what you mean, yes. He's a relatively-attractive non-factor who laughs at his own jokes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, do Jody have any idea that the entire house is salivating to backdoor Cody?

I think they think they still have the outsiders on their side, but yeah they know the house is set against them and Alex/Josh are pawns. They've been complaining endlessly about it and calling every one pussies and cowards and cocksuckers.

Remember, they're in this situation because Cody thought he could backdoor an ally and the entire house would just get on page with him to vote him out. But that's totally different.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Word to the wise: don't spend 16 hours of your day motionless and silent, waiting for your mark, only to go inside a television production thinking that you understand people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh says he feels bad for Jess. Everyone else is pretty "ehhh" and note that it seems to have pulled her out of her funk. Josh says she's having a hard week.

Christmas: Eh, she gets to take her costume off, my leg is still broken. No sympathy.

The whole house is in HOH (must have been a lockdown) but Cody and Jess go downstairs (of course) and everyone watches them on the TV for the lols.

Kevin: You guys are cold.

Cody: I spilled coffee.
Jessica: Let them clean it up.
Cody: Yeah, it wasn't even a thought.

Cody and Jess keep talking about loving in the suits. I think this may have awakened something in them. Or they've been having way more sex than I realized and are just figuring out the mechanics of this is their biggest hurdle.

Jess is gossiping about Elena rubbing Paul's arm in front of Mark. Cody says that happened one time before and he gave him "the look."
Cody: But he also gave me the lock for Christmas, and that didn't mean anything.
Yeah, Cody, maybe you should speak with people instead of communicating telepathically.

Cody says he's never had a girl as a friend because "no girl has ever been able to be my friend without wanting more." Yeah, Cody. That's why women don't like you. Jessica makes it clear she'd kill him if he hung out with a woman. Cody says that he used to lose respect for his father if his mother hung out with a male friend. Jessica thinks that's "respectable." This is a very extended conversation how just everyone they've ever had a platonic relationship with has wanted to gently caress them.

Jessica: America's like "this is the most narcissistic couple ever."

Jessica tells a story about how her friend slept with some not serious ex of hers for a couple of years (that sounds like a relationship) so she called her out in public and she "flipped out." She says this is why she's so upset by things here because being betrayed by someone she trusts hurts her so much. Personally I see a pattern of her calling people out in public and creating a scene.

Jessica: I don't think there's a person in my life who hasn't genuinely let me down in some way or form.

Jessica laments about America giving Temptations to the other side of the house. Cody says its a super liberal audience and that's why. Jessica says she hasn't done anything "sketch". Err? Cody says he could see all Paul's followers just agreeing to vote for Christmas. I guess no one could just like her, feel bad for her breaking her leg, or her getting backstabbed. They decide they hope Paul wins the game because everyone else is too stupid to do anything about him. Its Week 2 and he's HOH, geniuses.

Kevin's bitching about Cody but Alex says they have to be nice to him in case there's a buyback.

Jessica asks Cody if he's going to tell people his real job if he's headed out the door. She thinks he'll be asked it at the finale. I have no idea what his job is or what he's saying it is. I think he's a traveling tool salesman. I think he's lying to Jess that he has a better job? Cody says he might not bother with finale. Jess says that after Cody goes Alex is "100%" next and Jason after that. Again, this is about Jess fantasizing about Cody winning a Battle Back and them being reunited for the greatest story of all time.

Cody: There's always the heel walker out there. [Dom]
Jess: She walks with a purpose. I respect that.
Cody: Not some lame crutch walk.

Nothing's happening and I need a break. Or bed. That would be nice for once.

Word to the wise: don't spend 16 hours of your day motionless and silent

You don't gotta be mean.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 8, 2017

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
STAC, as much as I'd like to be a Jess and don the kneepads for ya...

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

STAC Goat posted:

You don't gotta be mean.
Lol, spot on!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

For not game related. Kevin uses bathroom, then doesn't wash his hands, but calls himself out for not washing his hands by "pretending to wash" his hands...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Neither Cody or Jess pulled for veto. Cody is SOL now, unless Ramses wins and pulls himself off.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Teek posted:

Neither Cody or Jess pulled for veto. Cody is SOL now, unless Ramses wins and pulls himself off.

Who were the other two and are they in on the grand plan?

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Elena, Matt, Ramses, Paul, Alex, Josh are playing veto. Elena and Matt are definitely part of the backdoor Cody plan.

Also Cody, Jessica, Jason, and Matt are have nots.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Only complication left that can happen is if Ramses gets it and doesn use it. But that would be suicide.

The house, including Alex, is really annoyed with Jason right now. Yea he is a have not with them but he has been talking to Cody for quite awhile. The house is flabbergasted that even if it is harmless why even make it look potentially bad by talking to the person that has like 1% chance of staying. It's just dumb. Alex is even telling Kevin we have to distance ourselves from Jason, but Christmas was there when she said that so we will see if she means it. But Jason is doing himself no favors.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

So if Ramses wins veto and uses it on himself can Paul put up another player? Or does it just go back to 2 noms this week?

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
They assume, so Ramses must know, that Paul doesn't replace Ramses.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

mallratcal posted:

So if Ramses wins veto and uses it on himself can Paul put up another player? Or does it just go back to 2 noms this week?

2 noms, which is why him getting and using it makes the whole plan fall apart. Any other result should work, as it's people who are in on the plan or will use it to save themselves.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Ah, ok. Thanks, that makes sense. Ramses totally gonna win.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ramses told Dom yesterday that as crazy as it seems he has to throw pov. He knows if he doesn't he pisses off the entire house and makes his terrible house position even worse.

But in the heat of it he may change his mind. And not all comps are throwable.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
He can win and use the veto on Alex though. Him using it on himself is just going to make him a massive target in the same way Cody and Jess made themselves targets. He is in 0 danger right now. But this is BB so I have low expectations of good gameplay.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

ToastyPotato posted:

He can win and use the veto on Alex though. Him using it on himself is just going to make him a massive target in the same way Cody and Jess made themselves targets. He is in 0 danger right now. But this is BB so I have low expectations of good gameplay.

That would kind of be the best thing for him, if he sees things clearly. Right now he is on the outs and mistrusted, his game needs some help and winning the pov and using it one Alex would restore some trust from people who believe he lied about his voting. It's a desperate play, but there's no way he goes home if Cody goes up. He is probably desperate to make Jury though and may not play for the win like that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jason just got another week of being a have not.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin's getting antsy about his lack of control in the game. He's complaining to Alex about Elena telling him to talk to Ramses about POV. Alex is still all salty that everyone is stupid for voting out Jillian and Christmas is "bad news" and "its Paul's game now." Alex thinks Ramses and Josh are going to go next and its a good thing because she's playing purely emotionally. Even if she wins HOH she might do something really stupid. Kevin says when Cody goes she's one of the best male competitors in the game. Kevin's really annoyed by "all the girls" just "putting on makeup and playing grab rear end." Alex rants again on how much Ramses and Josh were stupid for helping Paul's crew last week and Kevin sits silently in regret.

Paul wanders in to talk about Ramses throwing and Alex says if something fishy happens they'll all yell "jaxaphone" (house in joke) and tackle Ramses. Alex complains about Christmas spreading stuff about Jason talking too much Cody (I actually think Christmas warned Jason about it but Alex has full Christmas blinders), Paul says he'll talk to her. Kevin complains about the girls again and Paul says "they're just young and stupid."

Everyone's a little wired for this POV.

Paul: Should I get pumped? I feel like everyone's getting pumped? Should I?

Paul randomly Bernies.

Jason took the key for the Have Not Temptation box so everyone piles into Have Nots while Christmas hobbles there. Cody and Jess seem annoyed their safe space has been violated. Jason can't decide which color to pick and over thinks it a lot. He opens the purple box and then says "I don't want to take this one!"

Everyone: Follow your gut! Follow your gut!
Alex: Second guess yourself!

Dom: When are you going to learn!
Jason: I knew I should have gone for the loving orange!

Jason: I'm going to die. I'm seriously going to die.
Alex: I told you to second guess yourself.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 9, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Either they're getting questioned by Congress or there's some fuckery going on in an endurance comp that they were gonna throw.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its been 3 hours. POV usually goes 2-6. One of the producers tweeted earlier that people should just go enjoy their summer Saturday, which is usually the implication that it will be a long one.

They just started really late because it was like 100 degrees in LA today.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So then it's probably one of the ones where they each get a turn at it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe. Or a long setup between rounds. Or that one where they hide poo poo in the house as an excuse to trash the house and piss everyone off. Or something we've never seen before. Who knows?

This really isn't abnormal. I'd say 4 hours is the usual time for a POV and we're not there yet. If it starts to go much beyond that then its a "long one".

• Locked thread