Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

widespread posted:

So uh, I bought a new HDD for my PS4 and all but it won't take? I'm getting CE-34335-8 if that helps any.

Like, I can't tell if the HDD is even in the right plugs and all, despite it being a Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation AND the same size as the old one. What do I do.

did you install the correct firmware? there are 2 and one is for when you completely swap a hdd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

What's the make/model of the drive?

Are you trying to use it internal or external?

Internal. It's a Seagate Game Drive for Playstation, PN: 9JB1AB-570, SN: WSZ41AAS. Not sure where the make/model numbers are if any.

Awesome! posted:

did you install the correct firmware? there are 2 and one is for when you completely swap a hdd

Wait there's a separate firmware for that

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you want to click the link at the bottom and use the file that they link you in those instructions

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol at anything in first person being better with a controller

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

MGSV mastered the feel of stealth mechanics like no other game has (name one?) but the whole "you can attach a BALLOON to a SHEEP" bullet-point box copy thing only goes so far.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I love MGS V. I imported my mp3 library, then just ran around the game world, taking out bases in dozens of different ways, picked herbs, came up with new ways to do team take downs together with my dog-wolf, petting my dog-wolf, unlocking Quiet's only good outfit, bonding with Quiet by putting hundreds of people to sleep together, listening to Code Talker's insane tapes while kidnapping sheep or knocking them out with my fists. It's a wonderful game.

Also, Huey is the greatest slime ball ever put in a game. There is nothing redeemable about him and I loved hating him. I haven't disliked a character like that in a long time. His VA did such a good job.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I am looking forward to it, just started V. (I just realized V works both as the title number and main character).

Intro was a bit much for me, but I get that's one of the few instances of that sort of thing in this game.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Awesome! posted:

you want to click the link at the bottom and use the file that they link you in those instructions

I did that but still get the same error. Even double checked to make sure i had the bigger file in that folder and everything.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I kind of appreciated the emptiness of the world, since both the areas are places were few people live. There's lots of space to either set up for missions or just gently caress around without worrying about tripping over things.

The Kazburger tape series is nuts in the best way.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 8, 2017

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i enjoyed mgsv a lot, but boy is there a lot of empty space and (near the end of the game) empty time. queue up a lot of tapes and learn to enjoy scenic Afghanistan.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Empress Brosephine posted:

I heard the new ghost recon is like MGSV is that tru

Don't have a silencer pistol, and once a base is in alert it takes too long to go back to normal. So taking a base is kind of this: you start silently, and when somebody gently caress it, you go full rambo.

Is more a mix of MGS with GTA, but it feel more GTA than MGS. Ghost Recon Wildlands is a fun game, but is goofy has hell, can't be taken seriously for a straight minute. the map is also kind of continent-size instead of country-size.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol at anything in first person being better with a controller

Cockpit and hood views on racing games are better with a controller than keyboard and mouse. Though racing wheel is the best.

VR experience is better with motion controllers (and normal controllers even) than kb/mouse

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh

I totally posted that in the wrong thread

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

Huh

That's okay no one reads this thread anyway, even people posting in it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Huh

It's funny, because I read your post in this thread, scrolled up to see what you were talking about, and though "huh, I bet that's in the wrong thread". And sure enough, when I went back to the other thread, I saw people talking about controls and I was like "yep, that's where they meant to post it".

So the end result is that I understood you perfectly.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's okay no one reads this thread anyway, even people posting in it.

I read it. Reading news post is what substain my life.

I even appreciate the title changes. Thanks!

I am new to console gaming, still learning my way around. This thread help me find games I would not know otherwise. Not going to play Crash bandicot, anyway, but now I know is a thing that exist and people have fond memories.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I really like this thread because I don't have a gaming PC, and this thread helps keep me informed about games coming that I will be able to play. If a game gets talked about in the games chat thread AND this thread, I know it's okay for me to look into it and get excited about it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Macarius Wrench posted:

I didn't really like MGS5 all that much, the open-world put me off, the drip-fed narrative put me off. I thought they base-building stuff was real neat, I dunno it felt a bit strange playing it on the PC as well, really would like to give that game a go again, bout time I replayed the whole series.

Same. Really liked a lot of the control/technical side...too bad I came for a MGS game so the thing is basically garbo to me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Same. Really liked a lot of the control/technical side...too bad I came for a MGS game so the thing is basically garbo to me.
I guess now that Kojima is off of MGS you might get your wish, MGS games exactly like the older ones since the innovating force of them is gone.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess now that Kojima is off of MGS you might get your wish, MGS games exactly like the older ones since the innovating force of them is gone.

Eh the innovative stories were what made them.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Rinkles posted:

I am really curious what Death Stranding ends up being. Hope it's as mechanically intricate as his best games. The wacko stories are fun, but not when they upstage stellar gameplay.

Horizon had some well developed stealth and was mechanically on point for an open world game. Kojima studios is essentially a creative agency. This collaboration is more than 'using the engine' as reported by some outlets. Timing was perfect.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlestheHammer posted:

Eh the innovative stories were what made them.

Yawp.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samurai Sanders posted:

You mean the laughably blatant cash-grab wave-survival game that no-one has anything positive to say about?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
People who played it at E3 said that it was good and fun and great coop, but Konami didn't let any footage or pictures or anything out, so that's basically the worst sign ever. "We brought our game to E3 but we don't want anyone to see it". Okay.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I would actually be fine with a blatant MGS5 cash crab if it was just MGS5 but with new places to infiltrate and not whatever survive is supposed to be.

gently caress, I don't even need/want a story. Just give me MGS5 gameplay with new stuff.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Snak posted:

People who played it at E3 said that it was good and fun and great coop, but Konami didn't let any footage or pictures or anything out, so that's basically the worst sign ever. "We brought our game to E3 but we don't want anyone to see it". Okay.

Nintendo brought a logo and everyone lost their poo poo. It's all expectation-setting.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fix posted:

Nintendo brought a logo and everyone lost their poo poo. It's all expectation-setting.

Any time a game company goes "no photos, no videos of our poo poo on the show floor", it means they know full-well they have a turd on their hands.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk what you need explained to you here. a game doesn't have to be the best one for people to like it and some people like different things from you. what more do you need to know?

because to me I interpret it as people playing a sub-par game to save $30. That just seems silly for something you're gonna spend hundreds of hours on. You can spend the cash to unlock the characters, or just skip a combo meal at McDonalds and get Overwatch 🤔

Yeah don't get me wrong if you enjoy it and maybe even more than Overwatch then more power to you. 🤷🏽‍♀️ F2P is only really beneficial if you want to play a game with your friend who never has any money to spend

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jul 8, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You mean the laughably blatant cash-grab wave-survival game that no-one has anything positive to say about?
That's bad too but no, I assumed after that Konami would try to make nostalgic MGS game similar to 1 or 2 but with no soul.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I honestly can't see them putting that much effort into something in tyool 2017. I could see Konami cobbling together games from existing assets and thats about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tbf the Switch Bomberman game they released was pretty meh at launch and instead of just abandoning it they patched it into being not too bad.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Tbf the Switch Bomberman game they released was pretty meh at launch and instead of just abandoning it they patched it into being not too bad.

But didn't they still charge loving $60 for it? Lmao

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

But didn't they still charge loving $60 for it? Lmao

Let's be fair there, it was a launch title. If there ever was a time to get away with a full retail price, that was it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was a new game and that's the standard new game price so. It's not like Capcom wanted $40 for a bad port of HD Street Fighter 2 or Nicalis wanted $30 for Cave Story or anything....

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those are still all horrible prices though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok I'll give bomberman a pass but that 1-2 switch game that should have been a pack-in was/is like $50!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If you guys want to see really obscene pricing come over to PSVR land. It's gotten a little better lately though.

E: still not as bad as switch launch titles.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You see, we're only worried for our brethren paying full price for a game in tyool 2017 when there are no €60 games on PS4.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ok I'll give bomberman a pass but that 1-2 switch game that should have been a pack-in was/is like $50!

Yeah it is pretty loving poo poo and I would not have considered a Switch with it as pack-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the switch doesnt have knack so it can gently caress right off