Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trump is firing on his own allies, under the impression they're attacking him. AGC.

seriously this interpretation of the cartoon is fuckin' spot-on to the actual situation vis-a-vis global warming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ramirez continues to AGC himself so hard that I can't even tell what he was trying to say.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's like me, without the glasses, or smoking, or hair colour, or straight hair.

Ok, really the only things that are the same are the white skin and natural frown-y-face.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

I tried my hardest but I could not smile on demand. I always ended up looking like a creep with a really obvious fake grin.
There's all kinds of little things that people can do to take better pictures that most people will probably never know in their lives. A year ago or so a journalist was photographing me and said "point you chin down a little bit" and as long as I can remember that when the time comes I take much better pictures.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ragnar34 posted:

Ramirez continues to AGC himself so hard that I can't even tell what he was trying to say.

It does call to attention something important though. That by the looks of it the leader of the free world is more likely to be Merkel and not Trump.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Trump is easy to control. You have to feed his ego and give him some token victory, then feed his ego even more. Maybe show him something and convince him that is a good idea, and when he start saying that he invented the idea, agree with him.

I wonder what this "token victory" will be. What "success history" is going to show Trump after visiting Putin.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Just imagine a fantasy land where a blind and deaf albino with long fingernails sang a keening song that touched a chord in the hearts of the Old Lords, whose line was dying out, then was penned up in a high tower above the Swamp of Souls, and he daily shits in white bowls made of porcelain and ivory and rubies, and the excrement is examined, and based on its color and quantity and granularity, so are ordered the governmental affairs of that fantasy realm.

This is Trump's America.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Elric of Melniboné took a strange turn.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
...this is an edit, right? A really good one that exactly matches his art and lettering style, right?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

i am bearing witness to something incredible. this is the reason that i follow this awful awful thread. there is a balm in gilead to make the wounded whole.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Now how the hell did Tinsley learn about anime?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Now how the hell did Tinsley learn about anime?

Yes heaven forbid an authoritarian bootlick would give his attention to anime of all things.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
i mean he does do like 80 hours of research a week he's bound to venture into anime eventually

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess if it is real, I think the answer is that Japanese regard themselves as flat-faced compared to Westerners and anime faces are an expression of that.

It was funny in Thermae Romae where the Roman guy (A Japanese actor with a prosthetic nose) was like "I've been transported to the land of flat-faces!"

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess if it is real, I think the answer is that Japanese regard themselves as flat-faced compared to Westerners and anime faces are an expression of that.

It was funny in Thermae Romae where the Roman guy (A Japanese actor with a prosthetic nose) was like "I've been transported to the land of flat-faces!"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Thread's over, pack it in. We had a good run.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I agree with the silently screaming moon.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

You've demonized all of them except for your libertarian dreamboat, you panicky hack

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That Tinsley is real, and it is amazing seeing him try to draw "in a manga style" while also try to get weak burns in.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Now I'm hoping all those sad weeabos attack :tinsley:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

good morning thread what fresh horr... anime tinsley

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I didn't think anything he could do anymore could surprise me, but here we are.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
I may as well click the politoon thread sometime this year

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

i knew this looked familiar

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jul 8, 2017

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh please, oh please get as stuck on hating anime as much as you do education, that would accidentally make this into the best thread.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

What the fresh hell is this?!

we're in for 8 weeks of Tinsley bashing on anime aren't we? :stonk:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zetsubou-san posted:

i knew this looked familiar

What is that thing? Is it a friendly monster or are those teens getting one last lecture before death?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What is that thing? Is it a friendly monster or are those teens getting one last lecture before death?

He's their teacher, and he's there to train them how to kill him in a year.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

KiteAuraan posted:

He's their teacher, and he's there to train them how to kill him in a year.

That just raises further questions.

Tell me what movie/tv show this is from so I can watch it ASAP.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I Love Annie May posted:

What the fresh hell is this?!

we're in for 8 weeks of Tinsley bashing on anime aren't we? :stonk:

I can't believe Tinsley's regular audience knows what anime is.

Is America in for a wave of confused sixty-year-olds who don't get what the funny straight-talking duck is on about?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

It's a live action version of Assassination Classroom. Basically it's about a kind-hearted monster who will destroy the world in a year, so he teaches a class of outcasts how to kill him, and also how to get better than the Perfect Japanese Students who abuse them. It's fairly good.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Assassination Classroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Trump meeting Putin – Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin are holding a much anticipated face-to-face meeting on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Hamburg"

Telegraph:

Margaret Thatcher statue in Parliament Square blocked over fears it would be vandalised

Independent:

After JL Gérôme.

The i paper:

Times:

After Low.

Stephen Collins:

• Locked thread