Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Zzulu posted:

don't be a dick, pal

Jay and Colin are dick pals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Reserve your dicks for the birthday boy

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Meanwhile in the CineD horror thread, posters all suddenly stop talking about horror movies to suck Ridley Scott's dick and praise his bad storytelling decisions while complaining about the sweet sound of Rich Evans' laughter.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

a star war betamax posted:

Reserve your dicks for the birthday boy

and a pinch to grow an inch :smugmrgw:

If I had disposable income I'd buy a Billy the Bear costume to ship to Mike

vermin fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 7, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Baby Driver ...

... is good.

Also it had the trailer for the Blade Runner sequel, and I don't know how they're going to make it clear once and for all that Deckard is a replicant if he's alive and 80 in the sequel.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Old Story posted:

it's okay. It had a lot of clumsy "science is bad" stuff in it and the character are cartoons but it's technically amazing and a fun kids movie

Let's start a "Jurassic Park Is Actually Bad" 3 page derail gently caress yeah

It doesn't have a "science is bad" message, you idiot. It had a "don't fill an island with giant predators that mankind knows nothing about and then invite a bunch of fat midwestern tourists to come gawk at them" message

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I think Malcom said it but the message I got was "just because you can do something, should you?"

As demonstrated by the Transformers franchise

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I wish they'd have Jay, Mike and Rich as permanents on BotW and just rotated the fourth person.

Even if it's Josh from time to time. I don't share the dumb hatred this thread has for him. He's fine.

naem
May 29, 2011

Yaws posted:

I wish they'd have Jay, Mike and Rich as permanents on BotW and just rotated the fourth person.

Even if it's Josh from time to time. I don't share the dumb hatred this thread has for him. He's fine.

agreed. Rlm's main charm is the fact it's a bunch of guys who would be watching bad movies and drinking beer whether there's a camera or not

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Rich is good because he takes so much joy in bad movies without the need to be drunk at the time.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Yaws posted:

I wish they'd have Rich as permanent on BotW and just rotated the second, third, and fourth person.

As long as it's not Josh. He's poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

Meanwhile in the CineD horror thread, posters all suddenly stop talking about horror movies to suck Ridley Scott's dick and praise his bad storytelling decisions while complaining about the sweet sound of Rich Evans' laughter.

the get out thread had some really good discussion going until smg starts making GBS threads everywhere and when people pointed out how dumb and bad his takes the usuals came to his rescue going oh do you wanna go back to just saying "movie bad" or "movie good"????

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a star war betamax posted:

Comic book nerds mad as heck about this beautiful cutie pie in the new spider man movie

I haven't seen you in a while and I'm glad to see you posting again star war:patriot:

Yeah I thought Homecoming was better than Spider-Man 2, I'm the hidden idiot. But seriously; I thought the movie hit it right out of the gosh darned park, which is impressive given how lovely the Vulture normally is as a villain.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AND1YZSp6YI&t=3345s

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
has Mike ever been seen for more than 10 minutes without an alcoholic beverage in hand? or Jay?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

starkebn posted:

has Mike ever been seen for more than 10 minutes without an alcoholic beverage in hand? or Jay?

He drank water once.

Might've been straight gin.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Drinking is perfect for bad movies because if the movie is entertaining it makes it even better, but if the movie's boring you just sleep through it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

mng posted:

He drank water once.

Might've been straight gin.

It was gin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NXLIiFDHVQ

I'm going to see spider-man tonight but I'm so dead and empty inside that I don't care.

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 8, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why the gently caress would you care about seeing a Spider-Man movie though?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'v heard that its good. Both from normal people and CineD style "did it ever occur to you that superheros might be bad? :smug:" very smart boys

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

:sigh:

I was a spider-man fan my entire life, like Rich but less fat and more hair.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Shinjobi posted:

I haven't seen you in a while and I'm glad to see you posting again star war:patriot:

Yeah I thought Homecoming was better than Spider-Man 2, I'm the hidden idiot. But seriously; I thought the movie hit it right out of the gosh darned park, which is impressive given how lovely the Vulture normally is as a villain.

YOU JUST KEEP HITTIN THEM loving HOMERUNS DISNEY

But seriously Homecoming is a decent flick. It really makes you appreciate how strong the real Avengers really are when Iron Man saves the boat in like 10 seconds. Spiderman is really trying his best in this film but is leagues below the real guys. Vulture was a good character too though they repeat some themes from Spiderman 1 which seemed a little too lazy in terms of writing.

Spiderman is probably Marvel's single most popular character and is beloved by people for decades?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
its a shame u expected to enjoy thing... thing is actually bad. u got personal feelings on the matter? let me direct u to a screenshot of th tomatometer

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Archaic posted:

Spiderman is probably Marvel's single most popular character and is beloved by people for decades?

I know but the most recent films have been utter trash

Full disclosure Ultimate Spider-Man is the first and one of very few comics I ever bought and I still love that shot

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I saw Spiderman 2 (the good one) as a little baby and decided it was bad because there was no way a whole trainload of people would actually keep Peter Parker's identity a secret.

Batman never put up with that poo poo. See him without his mask? The plot "takes care" of you.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
why would a trainload of people know who peter parker is. hes nobody

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
They'd know he was a scrawny white dude with brown hair who looked about college age.

More importantly tho as Spiderman 3 pointed out, cameras exist.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy gently caress have you guys seen the Happening?

I know it's ancient but it's on here now and it's like some Tommy Wiseau poo poo.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Guy Goodbody posted:

It doesn't have a "science is bad" message, you idiot. It had a "don't fill an island with giant predators that mankind knows nothing about and then invite a bunch of fat midwestern tourists to come gawk at them" message

there's a pretty persistent theme of "don't mess with nature" and "the hubris of man", "is man meant to play God?" et cetera. It's very obvious and clumsily stated outright by multiple characters lol

sometimes films express ideas beyond the literal plot events happening in the movie, maybe that's a little too high-falutin' for this here thread though

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Jurassic Park and Spidermans have the same message, with great power comes great responsibility.

Like don't breed loving velociraptors just because you can, you loving retarded scientist assholes.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jurassic Park 3 was so loving retarded I love it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

Jurassic Park 3 was so loving retarded I love it.

The last movie I bought on VHS :qq:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Old Story posted:

there's a pretty persistent theme of "don't mess with nature" and "the hubris of man", "is man meant to play God?" et cetera. It's very obvious and clumsily stated outright by multiple characters lol

sometimes films express ideas beyond the literal plot events happening in the movie, maybe that's a little too high-falutin' for this here thread though

The movie is very clear that the problem is the commodification of the dinosaurs and that they are jumping in to it without thought or sufficient precaution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLvdmifDSk

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I think mine was Road to Perdition? After Orgazmo.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Holy gently caress have you guys seen the Happening?

I know it's ancient but it's on here now and it's like some Tommy Wiseau poo poo.

I watched The Happening for the first time a few months ago and it's the funniest movie I've seen all year

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://youtu.be/5cVLUPwrSmU

Here is Malcolm giving one of his many "actually things are impossible" speeches.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Guy Goodbody posted:

The movie is very clear that the problem is the commodification of the dinosaurs and that they are jumping in to it without thought or sufficient precaution.

No it isn't. Its a monster movie about science run amok, run by a mad scientist who in the end learns the moral lesson about "should" vs. "could" as spelled out 30 times by various characters. Spielberg says it plainly:

Steven Spielberg posted:

“Every gain in science involves an equal and opposite reaction – a loss, usually a loss of the environment. Science is intrusive. I wouldn’t ban molecular biology altogether, because it’s useful in finding cures for AIDS, cancer and other diseases. But it’s also dangerous, and that’s the theme of Jurassic Park.”

Old Story fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 8, 2017

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Mine was The Phantom Menace. :negative:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Both of you loses never experienced attack of the clones on vhs, which starts with 3p0 and r2 recapping the old films for retards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

reignofevil posted:

They'd know he was a scrawny white dude with brown hair who looked about college age.

More importantly tho as Spiderman 3 pointed out, cameras exist.

Yea, like, I guess one of them could have described him to a sketch artist or something, but that seems like going out of your way to be a dick to the dude who just saved you.

Also, no one is going to whip out their camera, they just almost loving died. They're all in shock.

• Locked thread