Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

MotU posted:

so i have like 200 mana prisms and all the tickets/EXPs bought. should I save them for when they add future stuff or should i buy the Fous for POWERFUL MASH

Do you want expensive-as-hell CEs to make farming QP abd Bond Points easier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Hunt11 posted:

So do we have any idea how fast they will be bringing out new content for the US version?

The Taiwan/Chinese version of the game is releasing content at roughly twice the pace that the Japanese version did, so it is possible we will get that pace, the early release of Gilgamesh seems to indicate something similar. On the other hand, the translation complaints may slow them down.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
drat you, translation complainers! :argh:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Nyaa posted:

drat you, translation complainers! :argh:

Let me waste all my money on JAlter already!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

MotU posted:

so i have like 200 mana prisms and all the tickets/EXPs bought. should I save them for when they add future stuff or should i buy the Fous for POWERFUL MASH

My Waver is almost at Max Fou, do it DO EET!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's amazing that I've gotten 11 void dusts and 0 saber monuments until the daily.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

slightly faster than they released in the jp version but still somewhat slow at first, would be my guess. depends if they get more than 3 people

Is it three people working on the actual script and more people working on the coding/networking/etc? Because 3 people shouldn't take long to translate the content but if its like 3 people doing everything then lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Because 3 people shouldn't take long to translate the content
uh.

it's 3 people doing the translation but specifically it's one person translating literally everything, one person editing/proofreading whose english is tenuous, and one person telling them what to do.

for a project of this size and with a constant breakneck pace you'd want at least a dozen people, 4-5 translators and 6-7 editors.

a head translator to manage everything and probably do a bunch of the important story scenes, one guy helping him with the main story
one guy for the event stories
one guy for servant dialogue/bond dialogue/etc
one guy for the menus/skill descriptions/np names/skill names

an editor for each of those, plus two more for luck

that'd be a setup that could actually push out content at a decent pace. you could cut that down to like 3 translators and 3-4 editors and get by, but one guy trying to tl literally everything just isnt going to get much done.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 8, 2017

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I saw a screenshot of Merlin.

Oh, so that's who the fluffy mascot is.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So I've been doing some digging to find out what I should save Mana Prisms for, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only one that seems worth it is the Bond Points card, Chaldea Lunchtime. The other two (all of which, to max out, costs 7k MP) don't seem that worth the effort to save/grind for. I imagine QP costs get ridiculous later on, but the QP card, for what it takes to max, doesn't seem worth the investment. And the exp one just strikes me as pointless because I'm leveling my outfit up just fine as is.

But I'm not a FGO veteran, so I'm asking for opinions as to whether or not to save for them. I'd like to get the BP card when it comes out, but I don't know if the other two are worth saving for.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sophism posted:

I saw a screenshot of Merlin.

Oh, so that's who the fluffy mascot is.

are you sure about that

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

are you sure about that

I hope it's not that obvious!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Same here because I put two and two together a few days ago when looking for non story info.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

IT's LOTS AND LOTS OF WORDS!

If you want quick release of content, yeah sure.

If it's actually 3 people I'm worried content will either be delayed (serious) or not as well translated (not as serious).

I guess the next 2-3 months will tell what to expect for the rest.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Gologle posted:

So I've been doing some digging to find out what I should save Mana Prisms for, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only one that seems worth it is the Bond Points card, Chaldea Lunchtime. The other two (all of which, to max out, costs 7k MP) don't seem that worth the effort to save/grind for. I imagine QP costs get ridiculous later on, but the QP card, for what it takes to max, doesn't seem worth the investment. And the exp one just strikes me as pointless because I'm leveling my outfit up just fine as is.

But I'm not a FGO veteran, so I'm asking for opinions as to whether or not to save for them. I'd like to get the BP card when it comes out, but I don't know if the other two are worth saving for.

Factor in playing the game for 2 years at least, needing around 600,000,000 qp if you manage even 3 SSR's, and that you can have a support with a LB QP CE.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, since I need to get silver saber pieces and void refuse/ashes for my next ascension, should I aim for the 20 or 30 AP daily for them? Not sure which is more efficient.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

30AP guarantees a drop at the end. It might be a a Gold piece but you'll need those in the future anyway.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Sooo, I've been halfheartedly rerolling throughout the day, as I'm still sick and was chasing the dream of getting a Gil + Waver account to replace my Waver one.

I did get Gil several times, Jeanne a couple of times and Altera once. But no double 5* that would make it worth switching. And then on the very last reroll before going to bed this happened.

No Gil, but you know what, I think this is acceptable.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Who are the top choices for the Master Recruitment Campaign 4 star characters? I have Tamocat from the list already and that's it.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

rio posted:

Who are the top choices for the Master Recruitment Campaign 4 star characters? I have Tamocat from the list already and that's it.

Probably Herc

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

rio posted:

From a gameplay standpoint, Heracles is far and away the best option.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

herc and emiya are the big winners

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I stumbled across a Summer Martha video and I can't believe how JOJO esque it is. There's even a JOJO edit version of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBU1WdLTUqg

Also Herc is Bestzerker.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Endorph posted:

herc and emiya are the big winners
Still trying to decide between these two. :negative: Have Lancelot and Robin Hood as the best in their classes right now.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Here's a guide on who to pick out of EMIYA and Herc, taking in mind this is comprehensive despite me being new to the game:

Pick Herc

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So since the big launch event is pretty much over by now is this currently about the rate of quartz we can expect? A slow trickle from login chains and maybe a few from maintenances if we're lucky?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yes. This is a gacha mobage. It begins and ends as a way to squeeze money out of people.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

rio posted:

I took Herc as my free choice, and it was like pushing a button that unlocked easy mode.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The thing is that while using level 50 Hercs as a support in the dailies does make a huge difference, having two level 50 Hercs in the same situation (along with a St. George) is a game changer. Assuming I don't get hosed on a lack of Buster Cards at the very start of either the second or first rounds, I can reliably make it to the final round without losing anyone. And a lot of times often I'll kill things so fast that I'll even be able to re-activate George's target, slap an evade on him, and then kill the last bunch of guys and leave it all with no one dead.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Herc is real, and strong, and he is my friend.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Hes' got those big strong arms (to carry us through content).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pierson posted:

Hes' got those big strong arms (to carry us through content).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj-OpTHixpU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With the rerolled account that got me Vlad, I'm almost tempted to pick someone other than Herc with my ticket.

On the other hand, on my original account I have Herc and Lancelot, and together they just roll everything with such ease.

Maybe I'll even get lucky and pull another Lancelot and then I can just have a full zerker team.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
If you still haven't use your campaign ticket, getting Herc is a good idea if you're lacking damage. If you have absolutely no favorites otherwise, get Emiya just for bonuses in future events.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I know not to combine 5* CEs unless I have like tons of them, but what about 4* ones?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
One thing that wasn't clear to me at first is that leveling up a CE, unless I'm mistaken, only affects the HP/Attack bonuses. The only way to improve the main effect of the CE is to limit break them (i.e. fuse together the same CEs) until it's 4/4. So at least for 4* CEs it probably makes sense to sit on them for the most part, unless you wind up with a huge glut of them and then you might as well full limit break them to get the bonus effect.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'll probably pick up Herc before the event ends, but for now I'm holding on to my voucher just in case I pull him - which I know is unlikely, but shoot, I'm a collector. If I win the Herc, I might go for Emiya.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Right now my leveling items have gone to Lancelot and Tamocat. She is a great damage dealer at lvl 27 but Lancelot is pretty squishy and didn't do as much damage at 23 - is Herc still a better option than Emiya even though I have those two berserkers already?

Also, how the heck do you level in this game? I have been playing a bit every day and am in Rome now. At the beginning I had a or of levelling stuff and have been using what I get from the friend gatcha but I have slowed down incredibly with leveling and have no idea where I am supposed to be levelling up. I have friends with absurdly high leveled character and I'm not sure how they are doing it.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Damnit game, I need Saber Pieces, not a million Archer pieces! I really don't want to see Gil in the last wave again any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Leveling comes from doing the dailies rather than story mode, exit out of the story mode and click on the chaldera flag to access the dailies. The first group of 4 dailies give xp, the second group of 3 give mats, and the last group of 4 give QP.

Herc is much better than Tamocat but if you don't have a decent archer, you may be better off with Emiya. It is not a real clear choice as Herc is just that good.