Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not really relevant but still funny. Noted alt-right gamergater all around fucktard Notch had his donation of 10,000 to the current Speedrunning Marathon Summer Games Done Quick met with boos and groans by the large live crowd.

Did he have a comment that was also read that was him showing what a sad sack of poo poo he is?

Also 10K is only 0.0000 1% of his billions, like gently caress he could give both MSF and the Cancer one on 1 million each yearly and probably still die(alone) as an almost billionaire.

e:

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
If the GOP is going to purge voter rolls the DNC should do the same thing. Fight fire with fire.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

FaustianQ posted:

I mean, not really? Like, not as a large scale colony I think, there is a lot of limitation on that, but it'd be a fantastic dockyard/gas station for further exploration due to the low gravity. The moon also has a lot of mineral resources that might be exploitable. The bottleneck is the massive expense in getting a moon colony that can sustain humans anywhere near long term without constant imports from earth, like bi-weekly. When thinking of outer space colonies people tend to forget how loving barren most of the rest of the solar system is.

Sure, in the grand scheme of building a functional, well-funded space exploration program with clear goals and a need for something like an orbital refueling station. I'm saying that it currently feels like putting the cart ahead of the horse by at least a couple blocks. If you really want to shoot for the moon (as it were), you'd probably need to spend months shuttling up modules and shitloads of water, while in the meantime the US launch capacity (and the general space-readiness of the world in general) is still pretty limited. We...might have better luck capturing comets for extraterrestrial water needs sometime in the future, but uh, that doesn't seem like an even remotely trivial problem and would require years of investment in tech and procedures we just currently don't have.

Meanwhile, lest we forget in our fun little technocratic daydreaming, Trump. And global warming. And Russia. There's kind of a lot of important distractions to doing Cool Space Stuff at the moment.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rabble posted:

If the GOP is going to purge voter rolls the DNC should do the same thing. Fight fire with fire.

Bad news, "the DNC" doesn't control the voter rolls.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not really relevant but still funny. Noted alt-right gamergater all around fucktard Notch had his donation of 10,000 to the current Speedrunning Marathon Summer Games Done Quick met with boos and groans by the large live crowd.

If nothing else, no matter how much the alt-right and their diseased, demented aborted ideology retains power, the true heart and soul of the majority will hate and despise them. They will never be loved by true America.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/markriv/status/883456598412324864

Nelson is Florida's Dem senator, up for reelection in 2018. Nice knowing ya, Bill old buddy.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ballz posted:

Nelson is Florida's Dem senator, up for reelection in 2018. Nice knowing ya, Bill old buddy.

A lot of dems support public option over single payer, which isn't unreasonable

If he doesn't support that either, then he truly sucks

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Glumslinger posted:

A lot of dems support public option over single payer, which isn't unreasonable

If he doesn't support that either, then he truly sucks

Serious question: what is the difference between public option and single payer?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
More Glock leg, I guess

sigh

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Covok posted:

Serious question: what is the difference between public option and single payer?

Single Payer nationalizes the insurance industry while a public option allows the public to buy a publicly run plan as an alternative to private insurance, usually Medicare.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Stolen from parappa the rapper.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Covok posted:

Public option: Medicare for anyone who wants it, normal insurance for everyone else
Single payer: Medicare for everyone, normal insurance companies are not allowed (hence only 1 payer)

A good, solid public option that works as well as everyone expects it to would end up turning into a defacto single-payer anyways since it should end up being a lot cheaper and killing the competition.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Public option/single payer often causes private providers to convert into supplemental insurance though. For example, Ontario's insurance doesn't cover dental, (barring traumatic surgery that must be done in a hospital, like if all your teeth are bashed out I guess) glasses and a few other things, and people often get their own plans or get them as benefits through work. It's all still profitable, but it's not absolute piracy like American medical insurance.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

The Glumslinger posted:

Public option: Medicare for anyone who wants it, normal insurance for everyone else
Single payer: Medicare for everyone, normal insurance companies are not allowed (hence only 1 payer)

A good, solid public option that works as well as everyone expects it to would end up turning into a defacto single-payer anyways since it should end up being a lot cheaper and killing the competition.

I think that the democrats are going to lean more towards public option. There seems to be a push away from Washington knows best to Washington has choices you might like. I'd be down with the public option. I'd be down with single payer. However I think people would like the option to have the public option even if it's an obviously worse option. Even if it's such a bad choice that it's only the illusion of choice.

Covok
May 27, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

My main issue with this is simple: I can see the Repubs taking power and purposefully ruining the public option to help their corrupt-baby-killing corporations so I'd rather have single player.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Covok posted:

My main issue with this is simple: I can see the Repubs taking power and purposefully ruining the public option to help their corrupt-baby-killing corporations so I'd rather have single player.

Couldn't they do the same thing with single payer? Republicans can always take control and ruin everything. They could contract out the single payer program to the same evil corporations. Like private prisons.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ballz posted:

There's a good chance his 2018 opponent will be Rick Scott.

He is also the lone Dem statewide elected official if you can call him that. Has been in that spot for years now. But he's absolutely a Blue Dog.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

Single Payer nationalizes the insurance industry while a public option allows the public to buy a publicly run plan as an alternative to private insurance, usually Medicare.
Yep, and the root question is whether you think healthcare should be for-profit or not. While I think healthcare professionals should be well compensated, I don't think there should be investors and stockholders concerned about what it takes to help people.

Full single-payer, or more properly, socialized healthcare, will always be cheaper than any alternative. I never really agreed with the accelerationists but thought things would take decades not half a term.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Yeah, you are right, powerful daddy has already won every election, past present and future. wrap it up democrats.

Why do you have to keep talking about how much you want Donald Trump's genitals in your mouth?

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Shifty Nipples posted:

Why do you have to keep talking about how much you want Donald Trump's genitals in your mouth?

Real question, how much of The_Donald would straight up blow Trump if they had the opportunity? Seems like a lot of the strongman fantasies have some pent up homoerotic tension.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

The Glumslinger posted:

This.

Seriously, a solid public option is really good, and there's actually several other reasonable alternatives to single payer. The NHS and Canadian Medicare are well known single payer systems(our Medicare is based on Canada's), but Germany does it a whole different way, as do several other countries.

Having said that, given the USA, the wisest course is advocating for single-payer or a public option, either one working off of Medicare. And as far as public outreach, I'd be advocating for single-payer as hard as possible and backing off to a public option as a compromise.

Covok
May 27, 2013

RasperFat posted:

Real question, how much of The_Donald would straight up blow Trump if they had the opportunity? Seems like a lot of the strongman fantasies have some pent up homoerotic tension.

Are you asking that question? I'd say at least 70 to 90% of them would do that. No doubt at all.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Sure, in the grand scheme of building a functional, well-funded space exploration program with clear goals and a need for something like an orbital refueling station. I'm saying that it currently feels like putting the cart ahead of the horse by at least a couple blocks. If you really want to shoot for the moon (as it were), you'd probably need to spend months shuttling up modules and shitloads of water, while in the meantime the US launch capacity (and the general space-readiness of the world in general) is still pretty limited. We...might have better luck capturing comets for extraterrestrial water needs sometime in the future, but uh, that doesn't seem like an even remotely trivial problem and would require years of investment in tech and procedures we just currently don't have.

Meanwhile, lest we forget in our fun little technocratic daydreaming, Trump. And global warming. And Russia. There's kind of a lot of important distractions to doing Cool Space Stuff at the moment.

Oh, sorry misunderstanding then as I don't disagree with any of this. I assumed theoretical, not the fact that politically and practically it's unreasonable and infeasible.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Covok posted:

Are you asking that question? I'd say at least 70 to 90% of them would do that. No doubt at all.

Nah it's 0.

MGTOW had a nano plank second of "Maybe we should be The Ga- nope let wait till a Techbro makes a female fuckbot!" or weird timecube walls of text about not bating.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

FaustianQ posted:

Oh, sorry misunderstanding then as I don't disagree with any of this. I assumed theoretical, not the fact that politically and practically it's unreasonable and infeasible.

Nah, nah, 'scool, no worries. Space stuff is cool, and a nice distraction, but I'm a grumpy, frumpy pragmatist and tend to look at things incrementally even when I'm daydreaming.

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Nah it's 0.

MGTOW had a nano plank second of "Maybe we should be The Ga- nope let wait till a Techbro makes a female fuckbot!" or weird timecube walls of text about not bating.

I have no idea what you just said after "nah its 0". Am i getting too old for the internet?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

BigRoman posted:

I have no idea what you just said after "nah its 0". Am i getting too old for the internet?

Maybe you're too old but also that post sucked.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Covok posted:

I thought of it because of the recent memes where Trump is somehow a badass physical specimen that can dominate everyone. He still seems to be a bloated pissbaby in non-MAGA eyes. Just makes me wonder if people that are hardcore zealots actually internalize the propaganda enough to synchronize it with their sexuality. The similarities between him and Kim with their round physiques and goofy rear end hair are depressingly hilarious. Both think that they are glorious specimens of masculinity when it's really just money (and threats) that have kept any women within 10 feet for most of their lives.

It's just another layer of the morbid ball of rage, insanity, and irony that has American conservatism has become.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Covok posted:

I think they would have the same problem they are having right now with Obamacare. People don't want to their healthcare taken away. Even if they are stupid enough to vote for people who threaten to do just that. Once they are in power and attempt to implement it, the public outrage makes it drat near impossible for it to be taken away.

It's the same in countries that already have universal healthcare. Once it's there, people tend to want to keep it even when they elect a conservative government that threatens to take it away.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

"Please don't cut our budget" :ohdear:

Mike Pence, floating in the aether inside the Orb, calls out for the GOP healthcare plan: "W-h-e-r-e a-r-e y-o-u?"

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Shady Amish Terror posted:

It's me.

I also would put the toilet paper roll on the way you hate, but to ensure I get to everyone I just keep them on the toilet instead.

Masaokis, is that you?

:dogge:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

RasperFat posted:

Covok posted:

Um, no.

The_Donald and most Trump diehards are pretty homophobic.

It's a really dumb reach to think they would gladly blow Trump's impotent dick.

There are many reasons to mock and ostracize Trump supporters, but them wanting to suck his cock is really dumb hyperbole and frankly rather homophobic.

They want to gently caress Melania and make many white babies to out-breed the mud races, and respect Trump for the beautiful and smart children he's produced.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Pellisworth posted:

Um, no.

The_Donald and most Trump diehards are pretty homophobic.

It's a really dumb reach to think they would gladly blow Trump's impotent dick.

There are many reasons to mock and ostracize Trump supporters, but them wanting to suck his cock is really dumb hyperbole and frankly rather homophobic.

They want to gently caress Melania and make many white babies to out-breed the mud races, and respect Trump for the beautiful and smart children he's produced.

Being homophobic hasn't done much to get in the way of male on male action for the last 100 years, why would it start now?

It was a joke about how much The_Donald fetishizes Trump, a gross manbaby, in spite of their rampant homophobia.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

RasperFat posted:

Being homophobic hasn't done much to get in the way of male on male action for the last 100 years, why would it start now?

It was a joke about how much The_Donald fetishizes Trump, a gross manbaby, in spite of their rampant homophobia.

They fetishize him because of how angry be makes liberals. That's literally it. Liberal tears are the fuel that powers the alt right.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

RasperFat posted:

Sure, but suggesting they all wanna suck Trimp's limp dick is pretty dumb and also homophobic.

It's fine as a joke but if you seriously think his reddit worshippers want to fellate him you're a bigoted moron.

Charliegrs posted:

They fetishize him because of how angry be makes liberals. That's literally it. Liberal tears are the fuel that powers the alt right.

Yep, it's all about making other people mad. Especially minorities. U mad? :smuggo: Must mean I'm right! Checkmate globalist libtards.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Pellisworth posted:

Yep, it's all about making other people mad. Especially minorities. U mad? :smuggo: Must mean I'm right! Checkmate globalist libtards.

Don't forget upvotes. Glorious, shiity life affirming upvotes.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Don't forget upvotes. Glorious, shiity life affirming upvotes.

Reminder that Trump actually has a much smaller Twitter following than Obama and many Trump followers are bots.

Trump is huffing his own fried chicken and fast-food hamburger farts almost exclusively.

edit: it's actually really bad given continued attacks on the press. He's creating a bubble where the only media he consumes are those that fellate him and anything critical is FAKE NEWS! SAD!

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jul 8, 2017

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I would fellate Trump if it kept him from doing things

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
https://twitter.com/brianklaas/status/883626606698397696

I mean she might be one of the saner persons to stand in for him but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GaussianCopula posted:

https://twitter.com/brianklaas/status/883626606698397696

I mean she might be one of the saner persons to stand in for him but still.
those loving world leaders had better ignore her worthless rear end. her very presence is disrespectful.

• Locked thread