Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ok, not "ports", games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lobstertainment posted:

Would look baller, needs tidying up though.

Here you go!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
This dry spell since Mk8DX has been interminable. Imagine if Nintendo had games lined up for this expiring system... Stardew valley maybe? But when?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Are the slowdown issues with botw on switch just gone now? Ive done both kakariko village and hateno village and have yet to see any slowdown undocked. To be fair I haven't played docked at all, maybe it's worse there?

Either way it appears to run great to me.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It does perform a bit worse when docked because of an increase in resolution.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Are the slowdown issues with botw on switch just gone now? Ive done both kakariko village and hateno village and have yet to see any slowdown undocked. To be fair I haven't played docked at all, maybe it's worse there?

Either way it appears to run great to me.

You will see framerate issues in areas with very dense vegetation, when there's a lot of particle effects going on, or sometimes for seemingly no reason, when docked. But it's very mild and it no longer happens when there's just slightly more blades of grass than average on screen.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 8, 2017

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kokiri forest used to be complete hell to walk through.

Now it seems okay.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

The one major frame-drop situation I've encountered replaying Master mode has been a couple of places involving a mass burning of those thorn vines. That'll bring the system to a 10fps slideshow until the burning is over.

Otherwise it's running better than launch by a pretty good margin.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here you go!

drat son, nice work.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

to my knowledge the only mobile game that has been largely successful from them is the Fire Emblem one

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/883687351762866176

Doesn't charge the Joycons, it's just got the rails on the sides.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh is Phantasy Star Online coming to switch?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

FF14???

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Mario Teaches Typing?????

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Typing of the Dead?!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
ZORK??????

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Oh is Phantasy Star Online coming to switch?

That was my first thought. My gut says "yes", but it won't be localized. PSO2 isn't very graphically intensive and is still pretty popular in Japan.

edit: Handheld PSO2 would be baller, I'd set up a japanese profile to play it on Switch, translation or no translation

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 8, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

h a c k m u d would be perfect for the Switch

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

World of Warcraft the first mmo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

THE loving MOON posted:

That was my first thought. My gut says "yes", but it won't be localized. PSO2 isn't very graphically intensive and is still pretty popular in Japan.

edit: Handheld PSO2 would be baller, I'd set up a japanese profile to play it on Switch, translation or no translation

PSO2 for Switch would be even more surprising than Metroid Prime 4

that said I can't imagine what the keyboard will be for besides 2 or 3 niche garbage games but I hope I'm wrong.

I've accepted we're probably not getting Golf Story / Stardew / Wargroove until like early September because Chucklefish, like Devolver, is the worst in the world about updating when to expect games

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

PSO2 for Switch would be even more surprising than Metroid Prime 4

that said I can't imagine what the keyboard will be for besides 2 or 3 niche garbage games but I hope I'm wrong.

I've accepted we're probably not getting Golf Story / Stardew / Wargroove until like early September because Chucklefish, like Devolver, is the worst in the world about updating when to expect games

It wouldn't surprise me at all, there's a PS4 version and a mobile game. Japanese gamers love handhelds so it kind of seems like a no-brainer. They are getting ready to release episode 5, that would be as good a time as any to announce a Switch version.

I'd be really shocked if they announced a western localization though, the official word from SEGA on that has been "no news at this time" since they announced it was coming back in like 2012.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

my post was more a reference to this monstrosity, which was needed for PSO on the Gamecube

There will probably never be another US PSO game and that's good.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

PostNouveau posted:

I guess that's not so bad as long as there's no Cronenberg body horror kind of stuff. Good on Nintendo for finally getting Mario that M rating.

The M stands for Mario

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Go figure that "Mario with a gun" won't be the most hosed-up Mario game coming out this year.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

...Now?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Iwata died of cancer. Blaming it and scapegoating it by saying the things you don't like about Nintendo gave him cancer and killed him is both incredibly over dramatic and very wrong and also quite lovely

Much like Oddworld.

e:

Little Mac posted:

my post was more a reference to this monstrosity, which was needed for PSO on the Gamecube

Why would you need that to play 4 person split screen PSO on the Gamecube? :confused:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

TVs Ian posted:

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/883687351762866176

Doesn't charge the Joycons, it's just got the rails on the sides.

i remember first seeing something like this with the dreamcast and then the gamecube and each time i said i would buy one for the games that needed it and i never did. history will repeat.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Little Mac posted:

There were actually regular keyboards that could be plugged into a control port too, I had one. I've never seen that monster outside of threads/articles about weird or failed game peripherals

Edit: 4p splitscreen PSO was cool, I did loads of it back in the day

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

When is the splatoon merch (cases, joycons) and is it actually good?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why would you need that to play 4 person split screen PSO on the Gamecube? :confused:

It had online play, but it required either the dial-up or broadband adapter and maybe five people max played the thing online.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I really would've been fine if Nintendo had just ganked the gyro keyboard function from PS4, but I feel like Sony may have patented that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That's sucks because their mobile ports have been unfun garbage so far.

Miitomo was cute, Mario Run is good, and FE Heroes is probably the only dumb anime gacha game I can even tolerate.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DLC Inc posted:

gently caress me, Golf Story is with Chucklefish too? Goddammit. Those fuckers.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Don't worry, there's that terrible looking 3D not-Advance-Wars coming out... Sometime... I guess... I forget the name so that doesn't help.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Apparently leaving the dock unplugged drains the Switch's battery over time, good thing Pixel's have the same kind of charger.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

tap my mountain posted:

Apparently leaving the dock unplugged drains the Switch's battery over time, good thing Pixel's have the same kind of charger.

thats because it goes into sleep mode when you put it in the dock even if the switch is turned off properly before hand. you need to turn it off through the power options while its in the dock for it not to drain battery when you turn off the power.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01LTHP2ZK/81-521-20/

Amazon has grey switches back in stock for prime users again.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

The Deleter posted:

Don't worry, there's that terrible looking 3D not-Advance-Wars coming out... Sometime... I guess... I forget the name so that doesn't help.
Who cares when great-looking Advance Wars clone Wargroove is headed to the Switch.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Vikar Jerome posted:

thats because it goes into sleep mode when you put it in the dock even if the switch is turned off properly before hand. you need to turn it off through the power options while its in the dock for it not to drain battery when you turn off the power.

I thought that sleep mode somehow wouldn't drain the battery via Nintendo Magic

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

tap my mountain posted:

If you use your switch to call 911 it will charge the battery!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

tap my mountain posted:

well the magic is still at work, i think its like 2% per day in sleep mode.

• Locked thread