Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Squizzle posted:

the suck zone might be jim dandy for its regulars but its a throbbing wizard turd to everyone else, hence its low number of regulars compared to any other thread as persistent as it

iks are kinda obligated to keep an eye on it tho and shock!! its annoying as poo poo, so we try to use the buttons to make it more tolerable

how very suck zone of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
bring back the Bernie thread and ban WJ from posting in it. problem solved.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
bush did 911

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Squizzle posted:

the suck zone might be jim dandy for its regulars but its a throbbing wizard turd to everyone else, hence its low number of regulars compared to any other thread as persistent as it

iks are kinda obligated to keep an eye on it tho and shock!! its annoying as poo poo, so we try to use the buttons to make it more tolerable

maybe we need a suck zone ik so that poor other iks don't have to harm themselves by reading the suck zone?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Condiv posted:

the suck zone seems p well liked to me, dunno why every mod has to come in and try to change it every month or two, fail and then complain about how sucky the suck zone is

Yinlock posted:

well the worst suck zone posters decided to move to the trump thread, not understanding that this thread was actually created to contain them

Powers that be repeatedly invade, The posters of mass destruction were "smuggled" across thread borders... :thunk:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

bring back the Bernie thread and ban WJ from posting in it. problem solved.

if you want a bernie thread post a bernie thread????

or just organize a workers revolt and take over the spooky lf ghost thread

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

Powers that be repeatedly invade, The posters of mass destruction were "smuggled" across thread borders... :thunk:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

I admit I haven't looked in this thread for months and I'm a foreigner but at what point did Dems or whoever is posting in this thread swap from "we must not normalise trump" to "trump is normal, maybe even better than normal because he's SO stupid and reckless he can't do anything"?

This wasn't my take, hth

My take was "a lot of the loudest #resist people blatantly only care so much about Trump because he is rude, and would be neutral to positive on a Marco Rubio presidency resulting in most or all of the same policy outcomes"

(y'know, like the #NeverTrump conservatives)

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

im so dang mad about these posts i choose to read

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

crossposting but with a different focus here

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/883689509996593155

a good read, I rec reading the whole thing (it's short)

quote:

This analysis suggests that Trump is the product not just of a fluke election or a racist and sexist backlash, but the culmination of late capitalism. This has profound implications for how we see Trump—and how we oppose him. We have to focus less on Trump’s personal flaws and more on the world that has enabled him. His habitual prevarications aren’t simply the result of his defective character, but an effective tactic. In a world where commerce and media (including social media) reward performance above truth telling, it’s not surprising that a figure like Trump rises to the top. Any moralistic condemnation of Trump is incomplete without acknowledging the institutions (notably the media) that both created him and allowed him to thrive.

The danger of a sweeping theory like postmodernism is that it can produce despair. After all, fighting something so pervasive as “late capitalism” is much harder than winning elections. For the Trump resistance, seeing him as a postmodern president opens up the dilemma that the best way to fight him in the short term might be to borrow some of his tactics. (It’s no surprise that another savvy performer-politician, Senator Al Franken, has emerged as a major resistance leader.) The danger is that by imitating Trump, we’ll only create a world where future Trumps will emerge.

But there’s a different way to look at Trump as a postmodern president. Paradoxically, even as Trump exploits today’s media, his politics of nostalgia show that his own followers want to escape the postmodern world. Trump’s appeal is based on his promise to return to an earlier, simpler era, where jobs were rooted in physical activity (manufacturing, coal mining) and the economy was governed by the imperatives of nationalist solidarity (“America First”) and not globalization. There is a genuinely utopian dimension to Trumpism, suggesting a widespread desire to reverse late capitalism. So the logical response to Trumpism is to counter him with someone who can truly challenge the economic status quo, rather than being a mere avatar for such hopes.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Turdfuzz posted:

im so dang mad about these posts i choose to read

free will is an illusion jackass

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Yinlock posted:

well the worst suck zone posters decided to move to the trump thread, not understanding that this thread was actually created to contain them

So that's where Fulchurm went.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm sorry but "the resistance" is such a cringy thing every time I see it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

So that's where Fulchurm went.

Fulchrum was banned from C-SPAM entirely

He still posts in the polititoons thread but I mounted a successful campaign to keep people there from arguing with him (because that's what he wants) and have made him the sole occupant of my Ignore list and it's like he was never there

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

etalian posted:

Imagine having to listen to the haunting sounds of "She persisted" every night

tonight you will be visited by the ghosts of three lanyards dead careers. heed their advice about yard signs or the same thing will happen to you!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

SKULL.GIF posted:

thats a lot of words to say bernie would've won

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

can i fill the suck zone with ZUCK since lame rear end mods & admins get antsy when i do it in the trump thread?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Squizzle posted:

i feel this has more to do with thread ideology than thread quality tbh

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Matt Zerella posted:

they're brain damaged too

They're not down to earth about it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fits my needs posted:

can i fill the suck zone with ZUCK since lame rear end mods & admins get antsy when i do it in the trump thread?

im certainly cool w it but im not exactly lord of the manor

give it a try, see what happens!!!!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

im certainly cool w it but im not exactly lord of the manor

give it a try, see what happens!!!!

is this some kind of trick :thunk:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Oh Snapple! posted:

i feel this has more to do with thread ideology than thread quality tbh

the mods had to remove :bernget: cause they had to read the bernie thread and all the :bernget:s were very aggravating

bernie doesn't deserve that chicken he's never done an honest day's work in his life!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

bernie gets a beachhouse, a sports car, AND a chicken!?! he's obviously in the pocket of the NRA!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It makes me so mad to see a WHITE MAN get credit for chickens earned by WOMEN that I'm hyperventilating right now

(I am a lawyer, with a political science degree)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Squizzle posted:

yeah well uh, just keep your suck zone off her pal, huh?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

yeah well uh, just keep your suck zone off her pal, huh?

didnt that guy become a pedo or somethin i thought i read that he became a pedo

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/883620048266567680

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Turdfuzz posted:

didnt that guy become a pedo or somethin i thought i read that he became a pedo

OK, I get a lot of people trying to explain away the whole tournament sequence, so let's get it all out of the way right now.

There is NO EVIDENCE that suggests that they're using a scoring system that's any different than the one that's built into the normal game. None at all. Nobody mentions any changes in the scoring, Corey and Haley don't appear to know of any bonuses for warps or "getting the star" or anything, and the movie has demonstrated such a lack of credibility to this point about these games that they haven't earned the right to just invent a whole new scoring format without the audience knowing about it.

There, can we stop arguing about it now?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

awww, couldn't this have come out after a few more bad dems embraced him?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

hahahahahahahahah

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

a bad dem

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

i'm glad everyone is working very hard to take down random crazy guy running against bernie

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/882776608058343425

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I thought this was a joke the first like 8 times I scrolled past it

No, this actually did happen wow

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/883668579849297920

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Concerned Citizen posted:

i'm glad everyone is working very hard to take down random crazy guy running against bernie

its you, isnt it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its you, isnt it

i have a long history of anti-semitism

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Squizzle posted:

there are only two active threads in this forum, and the trump thread is just the irc substitute flypaper for shutins that every forum has (see d&d chat or yospos cjs). suck zone is fine

i know this may be hard for you to comprehend because no one is posting one word lame burns in glitterized gifs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

loquacius posted:

This wasn't my take, hth

My take was "a lot of the loudest #resist people blatantly only care so much about Trump because he is rude, and would be neutral to positive on a Marco Rubio presidency resulting in most or all of the same policy outcomes"

(y'know, like the #NeverTrump conservatives)

I agree w that

I do think trump is a threat to the world order in a way bush et al weren't, Bush and co were a massive threat if you were part of the global underclass and so is trump, but trump brings with him a whole lot of destabilising white nationalist/fringe politics baggage that they didn't embrace quite so fully

Whether that's a bad thing or not depends on how accelerationist you are
I think it's funny how hes showing up the political order for the sham it is but I don't think anything good will come of it cause it'll make neolibs even more paranoid and neonazis will feel like theyre on top

Also he's got a busted brain and might do Korean war 2 which will make iraq look like a well intentioned intervention

• Locked thread