Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats not hiromu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Accident Underwater posted:

Isn't he not allowed on US tv still

AXS actually aired the Ricochet/Hiromu match so I don't know what the gently caress anymore

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm guessing since it was on US soil is why it got cut but proves why most want out of LU even if comes back for a 4th season

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Meanwhile, Drago and Fantasmo are regularly wrestling on Impact TV now :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Meanwhile, Drago and Fantasmo are regularly wrestling on Impact TV now :shrug:

AAA has a partnership with TNAGFW (god I'm never gonna get used to typing that)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lucha Contracts! :allears:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mexican wrestling politics are even more confusing than regular wrestling politics

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
In case you were wondering, AXS blurred out Tana's bare rear end cheeks.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga/status/883498889923493892

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

And over here is jesus riding a dinosaur lol

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm guessing since it was on US soil is why it got cut but proves why most want out of LU even if comes back for a 4th season

so, he only can't be on TV if it's filmed in the USA? That's really weird. Like if they'd wanted to, Ricochet and the Bucks could have gone to Japan or crossed into Mexico and reshot that angle and it would have been perfectly legal to air?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm with the Bad Boy

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

*man's father dies after a sudden cancer diagnosis during wrestling event and still hits deadline*

Yep he is immune to reading feedback or catching up on email or being Dave Meltzer in general. Or be biased towards a several decade long source. Great point.

Thank you.

Also https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/883476878497120256

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ItsGrammarian/status/883547470806085632

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

eat my rear end rovert

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Any chance the greatest man alive A Double might be headed to NJPW?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Super No Vacancy posted:

eat my rear end rovert

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Any chance the greatest man alive A Double might be headed to NJPW?

why'd he go from being stuck in a stagnant cruiserweight division in one promotion to another.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

uh the junior division is good actually

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm afraid to see KUSHIDA and AA competing to see who can kill themselves quicker during a match using suicide dives

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I watched Night 2 again with my 4 year old son, who hasn't watched anything other than WWE.

During the Gunn/Tanahashi match he turned to me and asked what thousands had in the run up:

"Dad, why is that old man fighting?"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wrestling Observer Radio today covering the Long Beach announcing situation is an all timer spin wise.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Wrestling Observer Radio today covering the Long Beach announcing situation is an all timer spin wise.

shouldn't Dave be siding with his nephews against the evil Jim Ross?

Thrifting Day! posted:

I watched Night 2 again with my 4 year old son, who hasn't watched anything other than WWE.

During the Gunn/Tanahashi match he turned to me and asked what thousands had in the run up:

"Dad, why is that old man fighting?"

Tanahashi still has a few years left in him. He isn't that old.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

shouldn't Dave be siding with his nephews against the evil Jim Ross?

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/883712485358022657

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/883713742898434048

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/883714668895850497

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
There are also some real obvious audio edits (I mean outside of dave switching to the phone). Funny how dave tried to spin it on Barnett and Tama Tonga as a way to not get either JR or the Bucks mad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

So JR got some really basic notes (but we should assume he got better ones which he decided not to show, since why put your best foot forward) so let's assume the lack of production stuff isn't an excuse. I know Bix constantly comes up with the wrong conclusions with his click bait but this is pretty dumb.

I can't stand Barnett. I don't like JR. But people were complaining about the shoddy production all night and how the basics weren't being done. It's not a stretch to think JR wasn't given basic production guidance that night. I doubt he did enough to prepare but seeing people react to the shows and now doing mental gymnastics to place more blame on him than is needed is silly. JR is good at certain things and bad at certain things and is getting worse at them in his old age. Can easily believe he wasn't prepared well enough for this by Axs since the rest of the show wasn't prepared for well enough either.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
It's kind of obvious that JR got nothing because if he did he wouldn't have spent time praising Volador Jr for being an accomplished technico at the age of 22 in the prematch intros

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Was JR brought in by NJPW or AXS?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
JR is an announcer who botched move names and wrestler names all the time IN HIS PRIME. He miscalled moves in Mania main events. That it'd get worse in a less produced environment should not be a shock. That it is now fused with some bitter old guy stuff shouldn't surprise anyone.

That many are still fans of his work also shouldn't be a surprise because it was considered great in his prime.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jr has gotten notes for njpw shows in the past and even missed the kenny/cody towel spot which was a callback to a match he called a week prior

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't believe the guy who called Chris Benoit Chris Jericho (or maybe it was the other way around) made mistakes.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I still maintain that he was good for Ishii's matches because it's obvious he actually likes Ishii. Same with Barnett and ZSJ weirdly, or not weirdly idk. He was dire outside of that though, and that was more down to him sounding like he didn't give a poo poo than calling EVIL "BUSHI" or mixing up skinny British guys. His "well, good luck with that line" after Omega's promo did sound like him burying the company and you don't want someone who'd go on his podcast the next day and talk about how Omega needs to go to WWE as the voice of your company, but the witch hunt is overblown.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Was JR brought in by NJPW or AXS?

The original plan was always for AXS to bring JR and Barnett to the Long Beach shows.

Then NJPW flew in Calls and Kelly for unspecified reasons, since they were never used.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

The original plan was always for AXS to bring JR and Barnett to the Long Beach shows.

Then NJPW flew in Calls and Kelly for unspecified reasons, since they were never used.

They flew out Chase Owens. I think they wanted people to share in it all.

There were also all kinds of business meetings too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Honestly I can forgive JR for his mistakes. Barnett was the worst part of the commentary. He just came off like an rear end in a top hat who kept burying talent. Why have a commentator who openly buries your talent.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bix trying to gotcha JR on twitter today is pretty embarrassing

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

JR was pretty bad and then he was vanity searching like a bitch so between that and burying kenny's emotional victory promo, gently caress him. barnett would be fine if he could have a good play-by-play guy for once. kevin kelly is fine but new japan should poach lenny leonard. I've never listened to Callis

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
they should hire that guy that did Slammiversary since apparently TNA isn't planning on using him regularly

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Honestly I can forgive JR for his mistakes. Barnett was the worst part of the commentary. He just came off like an rear end in a top hat who kept burying talent. Why have a commentator who openly buries your talent.
youre right, he should go to WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

youre right, he should go to WWE

Agreed

• Locked thread