Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Lol i like how the leper colony probation descriptions never use the term doxxing bcz yall dont want to embarrass yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

If they're reusing videos from the end of last year, that must mean 3.0 is only weeks away!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i don't understand how nerds that actively play pc games in tyool 2017 still think star citizen is feasible on the cryengine especially when they've played the buggy piece of poo poo themselves

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Percelus posted:

i don't understand how nerds developers that actively play pc games in tyool 2017 still think star citizen is feasible on the cryengine especially when they've played the buggy piece of poo poo themselves

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Madcosby posted:

Lol i like how the leper colony probation descriptions never use the term doxxing bcz yall dont want to embarrass yourselves.

Gee, its almost like its not actually doxxing. Who could have guessed.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Chris posted:

But yeah, it's a great engine, we're really happy, we love the look of it.

Chris posted:

Obviously we have some challenges because we're using the engine for something it wasn't primarily built for.
circa 2014 or something :laugh:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hobold posted:

Gee, its almost like its not actually doxxing. Who could have guessed.

dont defend the creeps

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Madcosby posted:

Buddy we have been posting here about that same thing for years now, nothing is embarrassing to us anymore

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

So these days all CR has to do is make a "smug" face and show stuff that's pretty much identical to what they didn't release last year, and that's enough for those people to declare some sort of victory? What did they win? They still do not have their 'game' or any sizeable part of it, let alone a vertical slice, and the longer these cyclical screenings of old outdated tech that CIG still can't master, even as we speak many other dev companies are developing tech far more advanced than this and on loving consoles lol, the worse the fallout is going to be when the penny drops that the game needs at least another 10 years of dev and a much better engine and there's no money left to pay for either.

I've saved that CR "smug face" for future editing, when I get to emblazon it with the legend "This is the smug face of a lying conman". I suspect that day is fast approaching too.

I wish I could understand this same thing. :(

I figured people would have this in their hot little hands, but apparently no, it's just screenshots from CIG and some videos they've literally used before to show the same progress. From a company that pretty regularly lies to get money.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

SelenicMartian posted:

Star Citizen should have a ship that's basically a water pistol squirting gravity goo at its enemies to crush them.

Overwatch already has this.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

spacetoaster posted:

The most devious thing about Star Citizen is if you go to the RSI website, and you're new, it looks like there's an awesome game you need to buy into immediately.

Then you do buy in, download it, and find out it's a glitchy mess with nothing to do.

This is why they've hidden their forums. Why the only news is fake news. Why there is so much fluff to make it look like there is a functional MMO there.

It's deceit from start to finish and well. :shrug:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Madcosby posted:

dont defend the creeps

I'm not, they are creeps. Most assuredly. Just not for that reason.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the co-founders of the imaginarium just directed and produced a film together, i wonder if sandy read for it

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Thoatse posted:

antifa lol... low energy SAD!

Seriously lol if this isn't ironic... in which case you're in no position to make fun of people you think are delusional retards and should probably just buy a Completionist

Citizens put money on SC being completed, which hasn't happened yet, and probably never will. I put money on Trump winning, and he did. Trump supporters are getting way more out of a Trump presidency, than citizens will ever get out of CIG and Croberts.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Warhawk109 posted:

Citizens put money on SC being completed, which hasn't happened yet, and probably never will. I put money on Trump winning, and he did. Trump supporters are getting way more out of a Trump presidency, than citizens will ever get out of CIG and Croberts.

Peter Cooke used to bet against the football team he supported, on the grounds that if they lost, he still had something to be happy about.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Titanic posted:

This is why they've hidden their forums. Why the only news is fake news. Why there is so much fluff to make it look like there is a functional MMO there.

It's deceit from start to finish and well. :shrug:

I've seriously considered looking at federal law just to see what they could go to prison for.

Because I guarantee there's something in there just for scammers like this.

I know we've kinda held to the idea that Chris/Sandi/Erin/whoever started out thinking they were going to actually do this thing, but let's be honest. At this point it's a blatant scam. The money is gone and they're covering it up with BS.

*edit* Here we go: 18 U.S.C. 1038 - FALSE INFORMATION AND HOAXES

5 years in prison. :colbert:

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 8, 2017

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Hobold posted:

Would this be the goon weapon of choice if air horns don't exist? Air horns in space. Space horns? Space Air?

Bad-Air. :twisted:

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12788-Unlocks-Geddon-System

quote:

$3.9 million and we still have two days to go – incredible! Keep it up – we’ve got one more system, to be unlocked at $4 million. Then the crowdfunding record is ours to lose! 

:downs:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

I've seriously considered looking at federal law just to see what they could go to prison for.

Because I guarantee there's something in there just for scammers like this.

I know we've kinda held to the idea that Chris/Sandi/Erin/whoever started out thinking they were going to actually do this thing, but let's be honest. At this point it's a blatant scam. The money is gone and they're covering it up with BS.

*edit* Here we go: 18 U.S.C. 1038 - FALSE INFORMATION AND HOAXES

5 years in prison. :colbert:

Sadly, as MoMa will tell you when he returns from a well-earned vacation/probation, that won't fly.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

quote:

COMMENTS 041.0

:nallears:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Sadly, as MoMa will tell you when he returns from a well-earned vacation/probation, that won't fly.

Meh. It's federal law. There's so much of it that we're all probably in violation of some part of it.

That was just the first thing that popped up. :D

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I think you'll find he's at London Pride Dr.D

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
I think that stretch goals are a pretty nice feature in Kickstarter, but they should be small trivial things in the game so backers will see them and think "Ah! I know what that is!". Star citizen has stretch goals that were impossibly difficult like "if you give us another 100,000$ we will have full working alien languages in the game made by a professional language person!". The amount of work vastly exceeds the $$$ value of the stretch goal.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

I'm trying to find the stretch goal that promises the most for the cheapest amount I think it will reflect the stupidity of Star citizen really well

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Lol the 22 million goal is that for an extra million they will have face capture technology I've never seen in a game before.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

celewign posted:

I think that stretch goals are a pretty nice feature in Kickstarter, but they should be small trivial things in the game so backers will see them and think "Ah! I know what that is!". Star citizen has stretch goals that were impossibly difficult like "if you give us another 100,000$ we will have full working alien languages in the game made by a professional language person!". The amount of work vastly exceeds the $$$ value of the stretch goal.

That's a big kickstarter problem. I remember at least one game that had like a $100,000 goal and then the first stretch goal was something like "1,000,000: One (1) extra dungeon!!"

then when they barely made their goal, they shut down after a few months saying they failed to secure outside funding and actually admitted their plan was to hit all stretch goals or they didn't have a chance.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

D_Smart posted:

I can taste the ensuing memes from down here in FL

ps: It's the same smug look he sports at every show where he's pushing bullshit.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

celewign posted:

Lol the 22 million goal is that for an extra million they will have face capture technology I've never seen in a game before.

They've actually delivered that

:smuggo:

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Fargin Icehole posted:

so what the gently caress happened guys, some of us don't follow this goddamn thread like blitzer's situation room

Crobberts sold all assets to a bank as collateral for a loan against some tax refund worth nothing (the citizen claim) and all is good and normal.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

They've actually delivered that

:smuggo:
I didn't realize SC was body horror but suddenly all that janky mo-cap makes complete sense

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I remember there were a few people so sure that a thing was going to come out in june that they set a reminder on reddit so they could go back to the thread to "I told you so" at doubters. Anyone remember that? I wonder what happened when the reminder popped up and the thing wasn't out yet. They getting trolled by theyself.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think you'll find that those people were actually talking about the content of the 3.x patches and were simply choosing a reminder time around when it was supposed to be released. You have now outed yourself as a liar and a coward who is incapable of having an honest discussion about the game.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Duckaerobics posted:

I think you'll find that those people were actually talking about the content of the 3.x patches and were simply choosing a reminder time around when it was supposed to be released. You have now outed yourself as a liar and a coward who is incapable of having an honest discussion about the game.

You're not very funny imho, can you please :frogout:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Wonder how big 3.0 is going to be. In the CitCon 2016 editor demo a single planet was like 13GB, right?

Going to be super fantastic if 3.0 is like a 60GB download and they still have cracked the arcane secrets of delta patching.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A profoundly charismatic man, and a true visionary

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Exinos posted:

Going to be super fantastic if 3.0 is like a 60GB download and they still have cracked the arcane secrets of delta patching.
If they poo poo out a planet, they'll have to release massive patches every time Chris says a rock should be generated a little to the left.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Exinos posted:

Wonder how big 3.0 is going to be. In the CitCon 2016 editor demo a single planet was like 13GB, right?

heh alpha patching more like

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

You're not very funny imho, can you please :frogout:

Do you often get upset posting in the super serious star citizen thread? On a scale of 1 to 10 how worried are you that the game will be good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Duckaerobics posted:

Do you often get upset posting in the super serious star citizen thread? On a scale of 1 to 10 how worried are you that the game will be good?

On a scale of 1-10,000 how much are you in for? :)