Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Duckaerobics posted:

Do you often get upset posting in the super serious star citizen thread? On a scale of 1 to 10 how worried are you that the game will be good?

I have little expectations of the game since I don't have any package. I do, however, enjoy to read Something Awful and the funny and cool posts.

And when someone like you comes around with neither the intention of neither being funny nor interesting, I am not very pleased.

So on a scale from a 1 to 10, I am 10 concerned about your garbage posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

On a scale of 1 to 84 how...

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

On a scale of 1 to 84 how...

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
What I don't understand is why anyone thinks 3.0 will be ready before GamesCom. Come on.... This is CIG. CitizenCon will come and go and there will still be no 3.0 patch. Just more hype and reasons why waiting for 3.0 is the greatest.

Something with 3.0 in the name will be pushed out the door between CitizenCon and Christmas. There will be no new game mechanics in the 3.0 pushed out after CitizenCon. The 3.0 given to backers will basically be the same as the current PU with an additional map/level.

BTW, can I call this my July blog if it is only eight sentences on some dead, gay forum?

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Oh drat, CIG did it? There are ambulatory NPCs going about daily life in their massively multiplayer persistent online micro-galaxy spanning hundreds of planets? Half of the NPCs are women? Gameplay?

:lol: no it's a basic moon/planetoid model running at 15fps in an editor, some cargo container looking outposts they've been talking about working on for a year (Space London coming soon), and water simulation less advanced than Wave Race 64.

My only question is if they purposefully included jarring pop-out in the Reclaimer zoom out bullshot to make it seem more convincing or if they can't even do a bullshot properly at this point.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

HycoCam posted:

What I don't understand is why anyone thinks 3.0 will be ready before GamesCom.
Because this has more potential for fun.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
wave race 64 was a pretty rad game

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Michaellaneous posted:

You're not very funny imho, can you please :frogout:
You realize that this was almost a paraphrase of some of our Reddit poster children for mental illness and transparent sophistry, right?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

in as the painted on hairline

real talk, he cannot have a good hairstyle because he looks like a creepy adult child.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Facebook Aunt posted:

I remember there were a few people so sure that a thing was going to come out in june that they set a reminder on reddit so they could go back to the thread to "I told you so" at doubters. Anyone remember that? I wonder what happened when the reminder popped up and the thing wasn't out yet. They getting trolled by theyself.

It was in the thread. "Focus on the CONTENT to come not the DATE" + a million mental breakdown words.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goldmine, holy poo poo

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

TheAgent posted:

lol if 3.0 isn't out this year

I think it's a real possibility.

Consider:
Chris isn't dumb enough to let 3.0 be a complete disaster.
Interns scrambling to put together another boring empty station isn't going to be done before Gamescom.
Divert all resources to making 30min bullshot demo and/or gamechanger semi-capital ship.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kw0134 posted:

You realize that this was almost a paraphrase of some of our Reddit poster children for mental illness and transparent sophistry, right?

Maybe I should edit in a sarcasm tag for all of the autists in this thread.

I'm sorry if I did too good of a job of imitating mentally challenged reddit posters, but maybe some of you should try to be a little less easily trolled.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Duckaerobics posted:

Maybe I should edit in a sarcasm tag for all of the autists in this thread.

I'm sorry if I did too good of a job of imitating mentally challenged reddit posters, but maybe some of you should try to be a little less easily trolled.

Has anyone ever successfully pulled off a "Ha ha! I was only pretending to be retarded!" defense? I ask because this is clearly a failure.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Sunswipe posted:

Has anyone ever successfully pulled off a "Ha ha! I was only pretending to be retarded!" defense? I ask because this is clearly a failure.

Kaiser Soze

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Sunswipe posted:

I mean, it's on you if you didn't know he was directly parodying redchris and his hilarious defense of his reminder date for 3.0.

I guess you should ask yourself the question too lmao

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Sunswipe posted:

Here's your chance, Bro. Good luck. We are all counting on you.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Madcosby posted:

Lol i like how the leper colony probation descriptions never use the term doxxing bcz yall dont want to embarrass yourselves.

thatguy posted:

Also, the reason FYAD isn't here to cry about doxxing is because nobody got probated. They read the Leper's Colony for dumb poo poo to concern troll about. It's very cool and healthy.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

U called it, bro

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

I think it's a real possibility.

Consider:
Chris isn't dumb enough to let 3.0 be a complete disaster.
Interns scrambling to put together another boring empty station isn't going to be done before Gamescom.
Divert all resources to making 30min bullshot demo and/or gamechanger semi-capital ship.

Once again, sources are telling me that the performance issues seen in the AtV video, are thus far insurmountable, and that they don't know how this 3.0 patch is ever getting released without that being addressed.

More talk about it possibly ending up being #justanotherlevel via a menu option.

Claim that if they were to release 3.0 within the "next 90 days", that it would be an unmitigated disaster.

I hope they release it - at least to Evocati (so I can get my hands on it).

CryEngine is legendary for its performance issues in pure fps games. We've seen in the 2.6.x builds just how horrendous it can be with all these fidelitious models in it. Now go and add million plus polygonal planets. :allears:

But croberts is arrogant enough to release 3.0, regardless of performance issues, then advocate to backers that they should upgrade their machines to run it. Most of them probably will. The rest will put in for a refund.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Michaellaneous posted:

You're not very funny imho, can you please :frogout:

(he's literally quoting reddit superuser Redchris18)

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Tophat posted:

Kaiser Soze

Is it worth watching that film if you know the twist?

Sillybones posted:

Here's your chance, Bro. Good luck. We are all counting on you.

Sadly, I'm a method actor. I can't act retarded, I AM retarded.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Sure is commando.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

(he's literally quoting reddit superuser Redchris18)

I am not very smart, sorry.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Michaellaneous posted:

:lurkmore:

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Foo Diddley posted:

The box has been sitting there forever, the smell could peel paint, and there are some truly noxious fluids leaking out of it, but we don't know the cat's dead. Can't be sure until Chris opens the box

:captainpop: :barf:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Michaellaneous posted:

I remain unconvinced that not recognising quotes from reddit users is something to be ashamed of.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sunswipe posted:

The twist is only the cherry on top.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
What ever happened to that kikkel guy who would always make true believer posts?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

thatguy posted:

What ever happened to that kikkel guy who would always make true believer posts?

His brain turned to mush and has been admitted to a psych ward ever since.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

:10bux: when gamescon comes around this statement gets copy pasted with gamescon replaced with citizencon.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Never go all in with Derek

He will call it

Every time

And his hand will be two weeks with a blog kicker

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Exinos posted:

Wonder how big 3.0 is going to be. In the CitCon 2016 editor demo a single planet was like 13GB, right?

Going to be super fantastic if 3.0 is like a 60GB download and they still have cracked the arcane secrets of delta patching.

Yeah, I have no idea how they think they're ever going to deliver multiple planets worth of game assets and vehicles and hi-res character textures without the game size ballooning or compromising the "fidelity™".

I've heard them talk about 'streaming' the landscapes and environments as required, but surely they must be talking about 'streaming' from disk into memory rather than across the internet. I say that because if the latter were the case it sets them on a collision course with another of their major challenges, namely the netcode. I'd have thought when you already have a massive network bottleneck for a multiplayer game you'd not want to take up a bunch of bandwidth streaming in a shrub or rock texture but then again, I am not a game developer.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

"Derek you aren't that important"

Yet there is a whole sub set up just to follow his every word.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

thatguy posted:

He was one of my favorite posters

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Hobold posted:

"Derek you aren't that important"

Yet there is a whole sub set up just to follow his every word.

They understand that their efforts are minuscule in the grand scheme of things

these people are humble

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I would eat that

For I seek forbidden knowledge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I shall think of that post often, it is almost haunting Thoatse, you carry the relic of our saviour in your bosom, gg