Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
i love mark "uncanny valley" zuckertron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ace of Baes posted:

Conservative: I will DIE before I let you TOUCH my MONEY!!!
Me: I'm ok with this.

"some people would rather die than see their already low taxes raised. i'm here to say that we can arrange that."

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

radical meme posted:

Wouldn't it really be more effective if Democrats just stopped using the terms "universal health care" and "single-payer" and just went with "medicare for all"? Wouldn't the public be more receptive to a term they already are familiar with?

yeah, let's take advice on messaging from centrists that couldn't sell their own terrible policies

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This violates every international convention on forbidding the militarization of space.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Plenty of people already say "Medicare for All."

Also the obsession with "but what will the Republicans say" is really stupid and feckless.

Social programs are popular there's no need to become beltway consultants over everything.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

radical meme posted:

Wouldn't it really be more effective if Democrats just stopped using the terms "universal health care" and "single-payer" and just went with "medicare for all"? Wouldn't the public be more receptive to a term they already are familiar with?

I agree that M4A would probably be more familiar to people, but then you get the bad-dem response of BUT MEDICARE HAS COSTS! AND YOU HAVE TO BUY SEPARATE POLICIES IN ADDITION TO THE PART B PREMIUMS TAKEN OUT OF YOUR SS CHECK. (in fact, bad dem WJ made these particular argues in a prior thread.)

but if either or both of these guys defeats the incumbent they'd be votes for conyers' M4A bill. I don't care if they call it Aunt Bertha if it does essentially what medicare does + includes drug-pricing controls.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
But consider this: Shooting Marines into the sun is a good policy

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

steinrokkan posted:

But consider this: Shooting Marines into the sun is a good policy

Tip of the spear baby

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

radical meme posted:

oh, and "universal healthcare" is what bad dems now call the ACA and is thus a term that's been neutered out of meaning anything than "forced to buy private insurance and fined so heavily that it's cheaper than going naked."

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This violates every international convention on forbidding the militarization of space.

you think treaties actually matter to this congress?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

you think treaties actually matter to this congress?

They probably think nobody else is in a position to rival our military projects in space, while we're sending astronauts up on Russian rockets and China has their own space program.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I won't mince words here: the militarization of space means existential doom for human civilization

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

I look forward to "Starship Troopers" becoming reality in the next few years.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I won't mince words here: the militarization of space means existential doom for human civilization

nah

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

no it means gundams and newtypes

https://twitter.com/ariellec/status/883764116338483201

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

I agree that M4A would probably be more familiar to people, but then you get the bad-dem response of BUT MEDICARE HAS COSTS! AND YOU HAVE TO BUY SEPARATE POLICIES IN ADDITION TO THE PART B PREMIUMS TAKEN OUT OF YOUR SS CHECK. (in fact, bad dem WJ made these particular argues in a prior thread.)

but if either or both of these guys defeats the incumbent they'd be votes for conyers' M4A bill. I don't care if they call it Aunt Bertha if it does essentially what medicare does + includes drug-pricing controls.

actually, I said opening up Medicare enrollment For All would be great, but it wouldn't be single payer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Horseshoe theory posted:

I look forward to "Starship Troopers" becoming reality in the next few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kii8Zsuo3_c

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

A Clinton endorsement might as well be a vote for the Iraq War imo: completely disqualifies you for office.

Yes, even Bernie. If he hadn't bent the knee and ran as a third party, we'd still have ended up with President Trump but then at least there'd be an organized, left, POLITICAL group to grow out of the ashes of 2016.
Nah, the current result is better for that sort of third party chance for 2020 than if Bernie went radical.

Bernie would've gotten like 20% though -which would be more than Ross Perot in 1992- but the hatred of him for costing Hillary the election (even though she won the meaningless popular vote from high population cities) would've been literally physical and oozing into the streets of New York much like the highly underrated GhostBusters 2 movie.

But I want GhostBusters 1 and we can be on track for that with the current results.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

Nah, the current result is better for that sort of third party chance for 2020 than if Bernie went radical.

Bernie would've gotten like 20% though, which would be more than Ross Perot in 1992, but with the hatred of him for costing Hillary the election (even though she won the meaningless popular vote from high population cities) would've been literally physical and oozing into the streets of New York much like the highly underrated GhostBusters 2 movie.

But I want GhostBusters 1 and we can be on track for that with the current results.

Also despite all the whining from certain suck zone bad dems, Bernie is a really practical politician.

A centrist like Hillary is preferable to Trump's awe inspiring amount of stupidity and inexperience.

It's why Bernie campaigned for her but he was unable to save her bad poorly run campaign.

You would also have a fully staffed government....

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

fits my needs posted:

enough zuck for now i think.

anyway, more proof that Mainers are the worst
Nah that's just proof Trump fooled old people.

Old people are all across the country

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i assume newt gingrich will be put in charge of it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

and the creation of the thermonuclear bomb didnt?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Bernie would've won both EV sections of Maine if he was the nominee, instead of Hillary winning EV3 and Trump EV1

But Bernie would've taken practically 69% or more of New England anyway.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i assume newt gingrich will be put in charge of it

This is the best case scenario if we have to have Newt be part of our government

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Squizzle posted:

the suck zone might be jim dandy for its regulars but its a throbbing wizard turd to everyone else, hence its low number of regulars compared to any other thread as persistent as it

It's got a low number of regulars because so many got chased out by a bunch of arbitrary sixers from people trying to curate it rather than just let it be so a lot of people just stop posting and move back to other subforum. And low effort trolls being encouraged instead of being the ones being probed.

What I'm saying is free Matey and jail zegermans instead.

Anyway, that's my meltdown and I'll take my six.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Plus it's less feasible than say, invading and claiming large swaths of Antarctica.

We need more large research and living settlements in extreme zones to prepare for space colonization on harsh worlds and no one is investing into the super neat technology that could benefit less extreme zones. Especially when the extreme zones start shifting to where we live currently after a generation.

I want deep sea Sealabs in 2021!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

It's got a low number of regulars because so many got chased out by a bunch of arbitrary sixers from people trying to curate it rather than just let it be so a lot of people just stop posting and move back to other subforum. And low effort trolls being encouraged instead of being the ones being probed.

What I'm saying is free Matey and jail zegermans instead.

Anyway, that's my meltdown and I'll take my six.

you want to move this thread into D&D?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fits my needs posted:

No, I wanna read shitposts and tweets about dems of both the good and bad variety.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

this thread is actualyl very good

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fits my needs posted:

close d&d and ban all who post there

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

this site still exists

http://www.hillarymen.com/

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Victory for #HillaryMen

Tonight, we hope that this nation will recognize the first female President-Elect in our 240-year history. We also expect Hillary Clinton to represent all of the country if she accepts the mantle of leadership, and to offer a vision of inclusiveness and healing as we turn from the crude and ugly candidacy her opponent, to focus on the incredible achievement of a broad and truly diverse coalition. That coalition is one of the most important and rewarding aspects of this election, and it’s personally thrilling that amidst the often ugly sexism and bigotry of these many months that such a diverse electorate stands ready to make history. That coalition includes many millions of “Hillary Men.”

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
One of the most famous white feminists on youtube is dating a white supremacist youtuber

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenint...rsial-youtuber/

The Ol Spicy Keychain has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Jul 8, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

consumed by normies posted:

The Victory for #HillaryMen

Tonight, we hope that this nation will recognize the first female President-Elect in our 240-year history. We also expect Hillary Clinton to represent all of the country if she accepts the mantle of leadership, and to offer a vision of inclusiveness and healing as we turn from the crude and ugly candidacy her opponent, to focus on the incredible achievement of a broad and truly diverse coalition. That coalition is one of the most important and rewarding aspects of this election, and it’s personally thrilling that amidst the often ugly sexism and bigotry of these many months that such a diverse electorate stands ready to make history. That coalition includes many millions of “Hillary Men.”

Email This Google+ Twitter Facebook Pinterest LinkedIn Google Bookmarks Google Mail Reddit Delicious Yahoo Bookmarks Amazon (US) Wish List Odnoklassniki Google Apps Mail Evernote StumbleUpon Digg Mister-Wong PrintFriendly Windows Live Favorites Tumblr Read Later Facebook Send Yammer Box.net WordPress Blog Techmeme YC Hacker News Diigo AOL Mail Yahoo! Mail Outlook Amazon Kindle It Mixi Sina Weibo Xing Houzz MSDN Instapaper Soup.io Inbound.org HootSuite Plurk Arto Kik Line Google Classroom Microsoft OneNote Symphony Fancy VK Wanelo Buffer Amazon Universal Registry Pinboard.in Stumpedia Viadeo Yahoo Messenger AIM Skype Yummly Flipboard Wykop iZeby TinyURL TypePad Post Blogger Post We Heart It Kaboodle Bit.ly Mail Meneame Diigolet Pocket Fark

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao

quote:

Peter Daou and Tom Watson founded #HillaryMen to provide actionable analysis of the 2016 campaign focusing on the gender barrier in U.S. politics. Peter is a former senior digital adviser to Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Global Initiative. He is a veteran of two presidential campaigns (Kerry '04 and Clinton '08). Tom is an author and Columbia University lecturer who advises companies and non-profits on social activism.

The #HillaryMen project is unaffiliated with Hillary for America. We encourage fact based advocacy and do not condone personal attacks against Hillary's political opponents or the media.

We don't condone attacks on Hillary's opponents!

It's why we treated Bernie and his supporters so badly in the primary.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

But exceptionalism!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Scent of Worf posted:

One of the most famous white feminists on youtube is dating a white supremacist youtuber

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenint...rsial-youtuber/

lol nice

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Condiv posted:

lol nice

she's already using the standard right wing defense tactics lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the sex youtube girl turned into a nazi. god bless america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I'm going to start inducing heart attacks in elderly Republicans by pointing out that this is who will be carrying the standard for their party.

• Locked thread