Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

or i just use basic situational awareness (not guaranteed) and use it to grab the tank while the RDM is doing their rotation off in mage land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Stalins Moustache posted:

It says that veteran clan bills are posted daily, but I've had the same one on my clan hunt board for about two or three days now. What gives? :(

The B rank hunt seems to be a weekly even though it's listed as daily.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Erg posted:

lmao if the guy who quotes 7 people any time he wants to say something is freaking out over a one page description of DRG rotations at 70

the alternatives are i spend 2 gcds trying to target someone with it and then switch back to my actual rotation because i am a Bad, or i don't use it at all

You could just pick a focus target and do /ac "Dragon Sight" <f>

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Or you could glance at the party list, see that SAM next to you is Party member 5, hit F5, hit your dragoneye thing, and then hit tab to retarget the boss.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Or do a mouse over and just mouse over the dude standing next to you

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Erg posted:

lmao if the guy who quotes 7 people any time he wants to say something is freaking out over a one page description of DRG rotations at 70

the alternatives are i spend 2 gcds trying to target someone with it and then switch back to my actual rotation because i am a Bad, or i don't use it at all

I read the thread several pages at a time and let my posts age like a fine wine before sharing them with others

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
box wine doesnt really age well, friend

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
I prefer Barolo

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I read the thread several pages at a time and let my posts age like a fine wine before sharing them with others

wine is supposed to get better with age tho

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I'm using a controller so anything that involves hitting the keyboard or mouse mid fight doesn't save me any time

Fister Roboto posted:

You could just pick a focus target and do /ac "Dragon Sight" <f>

For this to work do I need to just choose someone at the beginning of a raid/dungeon to do /focustarget "My Balls"?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6jzo4z/direct_hit_stuff_potential_scaling/

So it turns out that Direct Hit actually scales pretty drat well and is the superior option for Tanks that want to hurt things (partially because Ten and Det scaling is shite). Crit is still a superior stat and should be melded where possible, though. I'm toying with the idea of crafted right-sides for overmelding purposes.

(note that the google docs chart says "Direct Hit added", the base 364 does next to nothing, if not absolutely nothing)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't think i could reliably double-weave dragon sight on a controller, but you definitely don't need a loving macro for it. jesus people.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

SL the Pyro posted:

Crit is still a superior stat and should be melded where possible, though.

It depends on how much of each you have.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Erg posted:

I'm using a controller so anything that involves hitting the keyboard or mouse mid fight doesn't save me any time

For this to work do I need to just choose someone at the beginning of a raid/dungeon to do /focustarget "My Balls"?

Or just press shift-F when you have them targeted.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

VHGS posted:

how useful is this information? are we even going to approach points where we get nearly this much crit or dh?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Emalde posted:

I assume you're using 26, 4 (203) for the purple, for whatever reason it creates a different shade of purple for players than the NPC they originally used it for. Because it's a "valid" highlight, it interacts interestingly with the debug hair (the neon red thing, which is basically the equivalent to valve's black/purple checkerboard for the hair palette in this game) and creates that tiedye thing you have going on:

If you use the debug color for highlights, it creates an odd solid magenta thing that doesn't gradient into other colors as uh, specifically?

anyway idk how you're doing this but with a hex editor and some patience, anybody can get this rolling, and that includes for the weird eye/skin/etc tones. Not sure how they plan on dealing with characters who actually implement themselves using these off-limits customizations though.

How did you get the debug hair to even show up

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

how useful is this information? are we even going to approach points where we get nearly this much crit or dh?

I'm at i314 (as ninja) and just melding all my gear would be enough for crit to be ahead.

VHGS fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 8, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

VHGS posted:

I'm at i314 (as ninja) and just melding all my gear would be enough for crit to be ahead.

that's just relative value for your next point, though, right, not all the points? unless i'm misunderstanding something.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

VHGS posted:

Yeah but this means the answer is definitively "crit" as long as you can get a certain amount of it, which

VHGS posted:

Yeah same (312 ninja)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

VHGS posted:

Can you make one of these for healers except it's just a big heart around the word crit and nothing else?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

For goad, intervention, cover, and other oGCDs that I want to target a specific party member I make a macro called Goad 2 that just has /micon "Goad" and /ac "Goad" <2> in it and put it on a vertical hotbar near the party menu. When I wanna toss it on someone I just click the button next to their name.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that's just relative value for your next point, though, right, not all the points? unless i'm misunderstanding something.

Right. If you want to perfectly optimize everything, you'd compare all the possible totals directly. The relative values are a good estimate for cases like melding, though.

quote:

Yeah but this means the answer is definitively "crit" as long as you can get a certain amount of it, which

True, but that amount is when the totals cross, which is closer to 3000. Perhaps reachable eventually, but not right now. Before that point, you shouldn't pursue more crit at the expense of direct hit until the relative value is already higher.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Emalde posted:

I assume you're using 26, 4 (203) for the purple, for whatever reason it creates a different shade of purple for players than the NPC they originally used it for. Because it's a "valid" highlight, it interacts interestingly with the debug hair (the neon red thing, which is basically the equivalent to valve's black/purple checkerboard for the hair palette in this game) and creates that tiedye thing you have going on:

If you use the debug color for highlights, it creates an odd solid magenta thing that doesn't gradient into other colors as uh, specifically?

anyway idk how you're doing this but with a hex editor and some patience, anybody can get this rolling, and that includes for the weird eye/skin/etc tones. Not sure how they plan on dealing with characters who actually implement themselves using these off-limits customizations though.

Not really, its about playing with RGB color value blending.
Hair value: 255,0,0
Highlight value: 109,81,239
This makes it so Highlight's red color blending cannot be noticed which allows blue and green to blend clearly.

Use a vec3 lerp between these two and you'll get something like this gradient image here.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 8, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

i really wish goad did something for the caster like give them a gold star sticker or something so that pubbies would use it :sigh:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Thumbtacks posted:

How did you get the debug hair to even show up

Any number of "invalid" selections for color will either give you pure white (which players do have access to and is normally what the game 'sanitizes' with for color selection) or pure red (which players normally do not have access to)

Lemon King posted:

Not really, its about playing with RGB color value blending.
Hair value: 255,0,0
Highlight value: 109,81,239
This makes it so Highlight's red color cannot blend because its already capped which allows blue and green to blend into red.

Use a vec3 lerp between these two and you'll get the following.

Man, computers are crazy

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

VHGS posted:

True, but that amount is when the totals cross, which is closer to 3000. Perhaps reachable eventually, but not right now. Before that point, you shouldn't pursue more crit at the expense of direct hit until the relative value is already higher.

this is what i meant. the 'ideal' distribution, assuming infinite substats, would be dh until like 2k (or whenever future points of crit have better relative value than dh), and the rest crit. but if you're not going above the point where crit's value per point is better than dh's, the fact that crit scales better doesn't mean it's actually better.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The thing that surprises me the most is you're somehow pushing that data to the server. I've been able to mess around with CE and make weird changes like insanely long tails or stupid stuff with the bust slider but those are all definitely client side.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this is what i meant. the 'ideal' distribution, assuming infinite substats, would be dh until like 2k (or whenever future points of crit have better relative value than dh), and the rest crit.

No. If you had like 5000 points to put wherever you want, the correct choice would just be 5000 crit. If you can reach the point where the totals cross, the stat with higher scaling is just better.

quote:

but if you're not going above the point where crit's value per point is better than dh's, the fact that crit scales better doesn't mean it's actually better.

Right, but since the constraints of the gear system mean you can't always trade crit for direct hit, it is feasible right now to be in situations where adding more crit is better than adding more direct hit.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ffxivmarketboard.jpg

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Emalde posted:

Any number of "invalid" selections for color will either give you pure white (which players do have access to and is normally what the game 'sanitizes' with for color selection) or pure red (which players normally do not have access to)

Man, computers are crazy

Math is crazy :eng101:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what's the problem? there's no real point in comparing NQ to HQ prices.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Was doing Sirensong Sea.
Had a RDM parsing at 650 DPS. Full i115 accs, letting his dualcast tick down before using his next attack.

I literally didn't think it was possible to do anything but annihilate anything in your path as a Red Mage but shows what I know.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Undercutting triggers goons bigly.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Goonlords get very mad that people would rather get their money and profit now then make slightly larger profit in a week because capitalism is the prisoners dilemma but we're all part of it and nobody cares.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If me undercutting bothers you, buy me out and relist it

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I undercut 100% of the time I'm selling things, I'll gladly take 50k Gil now instead of 60k in a week

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thumbtacks posted:

I undercut 100% of the time I'm selling things, I'll gladly take 50k Gil now instead of 60k in a week

What if you could get 59,999 gil now instead of 60,000 in a week?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I think this is kind of emblematic of the problem. You don't see 100K drop from 249,999 to 149,000. And you also aren't noticing the drop from 147,999 to 99,285.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I think this is kind of emblematic of the problem. You don't see 100K drop from 249,999 to 149,000. And you also aren't noticing the drop from 147,999 to 99,285.

Without looking at the sale history or what the item is nothing really indicates that the 150-250k prices were reasonable anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
deal with it this is how real economics play out!