Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sensual Simian

summer jorts
are there any crab nickels or dimes we can check out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Before we go to the crab quarters we peek around the corner at the furnace

There's many nobs and switches

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Twenty Four

It may not be the best idea, but when I see dials, I want to turn things to eleven.

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

It may not be the best idea, but when I see dials, I want to turn things to eleven.

there will be a time for messing with stuff, but now is perhaps not that time - I'd say let's peep the crab quarters before touching the controls

what's the thing twisting through the middle of the map? is that the conveyor belt we rode in on? are the areas marked A, B, C, D workstations or something?

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

there will be a time for messing with stuff, but now is perhaps not that time - I'd say let's peep the crab quarters before touching the controls

what's the thing twisting through the middle of the map? is that the conveyor belt we rode in on? are the areas marked A, B, C, D workstations or something?

Twenty Four posted:

Unfortunately there's no 11 marked, but here's a closeup

That twisting thing is the conveyor belt - yep those are lettered work stations

Twenty Four

Manifisto posted:

ok

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Manifisto posted:

Ahh yes the ole scuttle-n-poke maneuver, a classic of crab tactics.

I wonder what manner of work the salves are doing down here. Clearly they needed a fair amount of crabhours, a furnace, and a king's ransom in twig stock. A whole lot of labor, tech, and capital for ...what end?

vanisher

you go on ahead, i'll stay with duckson

vanisher

These boards seem to be meant to hold back something larger than a crab, we could easily fit underneath the gap, or tear it apart

Quaint Quail Quilt

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I just wanted to let you know I've been avidly following since page one I've yet to make any suggestions but that's just because I'm drunk half the time.
Maybe I'll change my mind soon, keep up the good work.

HBar

scuttle through. maybe the boards are holding back something on the other side, we don't want to endanger duckson or duckegg.

vanisher

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I just wanted to let you know I've been avidly following since page one I've yet to make any suggestions but that's just because I'm drunk half the time.
Maybe I'll change my mind soon, keep up the good work.

thanks friend you should suggest away!

vanisher

Alright friends be brave here we go

vanisher

Getting pretty dark...

The tunnel narrows as it goes further back

vanisher

Hmm a strange cave area

vanisher

A small crab steps forward to talk to us...

He seems to be waiting for us to speak first

vanisher fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 7, 2017

Manifisto

woah

"greetings fellow crablings! I'm here on a quest for tools to help my crab friends in the outside world, but also to investigate and see if I can be of any help to the crabs here. tell me about yourselves! what is this place, what are you doing here, and are you in need of any assistance?"

ty nesamdoom!

Lutha Mahtin

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Ulysses C. Crab? This is Ulysses Crab speaking. I am the crab who loves his life. I am the crab who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the crab who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing—you who dread knowledge—I am the crab who will now tell you.

"You have heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis. You have said it yourself, half in fear, half in hope that the words had no meaning. You have cried that crabkind's sins are destroying the world and you have cursed crab nature for its unwillingness to practice the virtues you demanded. Since virtue, to you, consists of sacrifice, you have demanded more sacrifices at every successive disaster. In the name of a return to morality, you have sacrificed all those evils which you held as the cause of your plight. You have sacrificed justice to mercy. You have sacrificed independence to unity. You have sacrificed reason to faith. You have sacrificed wealth to need. You have sacrificed self-esteem to self-denial. You have sacrificed happiness to duty."

RoboFrance_29

GET EQUIPPED
"my fellow crabs, have you tried ezood?"

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

"greetings fellow crablings! I'm here on a quest for tools to help my crab friends in the outside world, but also to investigate and see if I can be of any help to the crabs here. tell me about yourselves! what is this place, what are you doing here, and are you in need of any assistance?"

nice. We are the old workers for this zone, but no one has come down here for a long time. Most of us were born in duck captivity and only know the cave system. We dream of escaping this place but there are no routes out that we can find. How did you manage to get down here?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

"For twelve years, yo....

hey is that ezood on your back

RoboFrance_29 posted:

"my fellow crabs, have you tried ezood?"

its a great fuel source. We need a fuel source and some other items for our master plan

vanisher

(we tell this small crab our story of how we got down here)

Wait, the conveyor belt was moving? Only the black duck was able to start it. That's not good. Hey if you're willing to give us that ezood we'd really appreciate it. We're trying to blow a hole to the surface to get out using the furnace.

Twenty Four

I'd say fork over the ezood.

Also just the words "Crab Adventure" make me happy now.

Like if someone on the streets came up to me and said "Wanna go on a Crab Adventure?" I'd be like "Heck yeah!"

Then I would probably end up with an STD :(

alnilam

I think we should insist on holding the ezood ourselves but agree to use it to help their plan

vanisher

Twenty Four posted:

I'd say fork over the ezood.

Also just the words "Crab Adventure" make me happy now.

Like if someone on the streets came up to me and said "Wanna go on a Crab Adventure?" I'd be like "Heck yeah!"

Then I would probably end up with an STD :(

lol at this

alnilam posted:

I think we should insist on holding the ezood ourselves but agree to use it to help their plan

Excellent news. Uh yes we are pretty small and it seems easier for you to carry it with that uh... other stuff you're carrying. Just a moment let me gather the rest of the crabs.

vanisher

Hey how did you get past our impenetrable duck blockade

Twenty Four

Get past a duck blockade? *Bends down, making the motion* "You duck"

oh jeez im sorry lol

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Twenty Four posted:

oh jeez im sorry lol

Don't apologize for perfection

Lutha Mahtin

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Twenty Four posted:

oh jeez im sorry lol

lol yes, sass that crab

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

vanisher posted:

Hey how did you get past our impenetrable duck blockade

Crabwise.

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
pubic lice are no laughing matter and they tarnish the good names of hard working crabs everywhere.

which reminds me: is there any chance of us getting laid on this crab adventure?

ezood is god

Elusif

An Adventurer appears wielding a buster sword. The crab must quickly hide his weak spot or suffer massive damage!

super sweet best pal

Lead the crabs to freedom. We've got the crabpower and the sticks, all we need is the trash crabs' science to build an army capable of overthrowing the duck menace.

vanisher

Twenty Four posted:

We explain that we ducked

makes sense, wait can ducks duck?

We say that we've never seen one do this and he becomes calmer

okay here come the boys

wait who's guarding the prisoner

Munchables

Whoa whoa whoa, prisoner?

vanisher

from time to time the ducks will send one of their smallest duckling assassins through our tunnel network. It's nothing to be alarmed about

vanisher

oh geez you guys, you let him escape again

vanisher

no matter, let's blow this joint and get out!

Munchables

We gotta hide duckson

Twenty Four

Could duckson be the prisoner/assassin? Oh no! Or the egg, eggs are kinda the smallest bird. :iiam:

vanisher posted:

We explain that we ducked

makes sense, wait can ducks duck?

We all know what comes after duck duck. Goose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

• Locked thread